Start by marking “Nice Try, Afton (Afton Morrison, #3)” as Want to Read:
Nice Try, Afton (Afton Morrison, #3)

Nice Try, Afton

(The Afton Morrison Series #3)

Is evil a matter of choice, or are we born that way?

After a string of brazen arsons overwhelms Wakefield’s first responders, the town is placed on lockdown, rendering Afton and her companions vulnerable to attack.

In a last-ditch effort to protect her inner circle, Afton attempts to establish an improbable truce with her archnemesis, leading her into a deadly trap more than
Published September 17th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Nice Try, Afton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Nice Try, Afton

Linda Strong
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is Book 3 of 4 that features Afton Morrison. She's a female psychopathic vegetarian librarian who has a thirst for violence and craves the thought of taking a human life. She also has a pet goldfish.

The small town of Wakefield is besieged by a multitude of arson fires. Afton and her friends know who is responsible and Afton fears for her friends lives.

She's been trying to ditch her dark side, but she may have to embrace that dark side one more time if she wants to survive.

This is fast-paced
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
This series honestly keeps just getting better and better! I love the growth in Afton’s character. Starting out the lone wolf thirsting for blood, and slowly getting sucked into a social circle… Still thirsting for blood! I feel like she’s got her own Scooby gang going on now! I love the struggle she has with trying to keep hold of the old Afton, but as soon as someone is in trouble, her true nature reveals itself,

“Who are you, anyway?” He flopped down next to Tia and folded his arms across his
Shanannigans
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: thriller, suspense
Wakefield is smoldering, people…CHILDREN are dying! Afton desperate to protect her friends and her town, makes a deal with the devil. The only problem is, her evil twin doesn’t answer to anyone, even the devil.

Wow! Afton takes us on a wild ride in this installment. I was so lucky to have the opportunity to read book #3 and #4 one right after the other (Jealous aren’t you?), and I can’t gush enough about these books.

In this one, Ashton’s complicated feelings for the people close to her, have her
Hobart
Sep 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
This originally appeared at The Irresponsible Reader.
---
I could’ve screamed, knowing that I was the only person in the room working toward a peaceful resolution. Me, Afton Morrison, the disturbed murderess, suggesting that everyone take a deep breath, and find an answer that didn’t include violence.

Things have gone from bad to worse for Afton Morrison, the would-be murderess -- not only is she being framed for a murder she didn't commit, but didn't; her home has been violated; her understanding
Stanley McShane
With Wakefield smothering in the smoky haze from recent arsons and oppressive humidity from the sudden downpour in the summer heat, Afton scrambled to avoid detection by the National Guard seeking a meeting with her nemesis. The dramatic conclusion to book 2 left the town in smoldering shambles and Afton's unintentional cohorts, including her brother Chris and his girlfriend Tia, Jared, and Kim, extremely vulnerable.

Afton and Chris go on a search, hoping to track down that familial connection d
Donna
Oh my stars, Afton!! I’m still buzzing after reading this third book in the series!! This one was the most anxiety provoking, nail biting, I didn’t know if my kindle and I were going to get through it!!

Is evil a matter of choice, or are we born that way?
This is basically the thought process for the entire Afton Morrison series. But mostly we see it in this book. So much happens...holy smokes, so many revelations, so much develops and then so much doesn’t get resolved. Know what I mean? Afton is
Misty's Book Space
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
First off I just want to say thank you so much to the author for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

Nice Try, Afton is the third installment in the Afton Morrison series and I have read every single one. I will say if you’re not a big fan of cliffhangers like me then you probably want to wait until every book is out so you can read them back to back because each one has ended on a cliffhanger. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to read them close together so it
Jessica Bronder
Sep 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wakefield is on fire, people are dying, and the town is on lockdown. Afton and her friends know who is responsible but how can they stop them. Afton has come to care for her friends and wants to protect them from The Man in the Shadows and her crazy sister. The only way she can see how to do this is to walk right into the trap set for her.

I love this series and am constantly on the edge of my seat from one scene to the next. Afton is starting to struggle with the thought of being created to kil
Jessica Belmont
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think it was possible for the Afton Morrison series to keep getting better, but once again, Brent Jones has outdone himself!

I also didn’t think I could love Afton Morrison any more than I already did, but she just keeps evolving and she is such an amazing character to follow. The Afton Morrison series themes itself around the question of whether we are born with evil in us or if it is a matter of choice, but it is really studied in Nice Try, Afton. As Afton struggles with her identity,
Lynda Dickson
Recommends it for: Ages 18+
Shelves: adult
In this installment, we jump straight into the action, continuing from where the previous book left off. The town is in lockdown and Afton is sought by the police. She and her new friends are caught in a game of cat and mouse with her new enemies, and Afton learns what she is capable of.

The action is non-stop, and you never know what is going to happen next. One this is sure, no one is safe.

Edge-of-your-seat stuff.

Be warned, this is a serial novel, and you will have to read the rest of the seri
Andréa Jones
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this book, Afton has a ton of internal struggles with being who she is and wanting to kill people... even if they deserve it. Afton’s friends become even more involved her antics and some of them get hurt in the process. People are dying, the Man in Shadows is playing games. And it’s so good.

My favorite part of this book is internal struggle Afton has with wanting to kill. Trying not to spoil anything but once she embraces who she is, things get very interesting. Let’s just say she turns on t
Jay
Nov 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the third book in the Afton Morrison series. It was a really good finally to the base story. That is how I took it at least. The book follows Afton while she tries to finish the fight against her rivals and attempts to not drag her growing cadre of friends along with her. I thought that Brent Jones did a good job growing Afton as a character in this book. I feel like she came into her own here.

This story was given to me for free at my request for my voluntary and unbiased review.
David H
Sep 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Part 3 of the Afton Morrison Series sees Afton's newly discovered psychopath twin sister, Clara, manipulated by her half-brother, Ray, continue with their evil plan as the town of Wakefield suffers a string of arson attacks and brutal murders.

Tensions grow between Afton and her companions as they also come under personal attack. Afton needs to resolve the situation somehow, and following her gut instinct, plays right into the hands of the evil duo.

Who will she choose to save?
Rock
Nov 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great book in the Afton Morrison Series. If you haven't read the other two, make sure to read them first.

Once again, a dark, action packed thriller. I listened to the Audiobook version of this book and it kept me sucked into the story the whole time. The narration is excellent. It was hard to stop listening. I'm looking forward to book 4.
Alexa Dudley
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In the third installment in the Afton Morrison series by Brent Jones, Nice Try, Afton, a series of arsons throughout Wakefield have put the town on lockdown and our main character is even more determined to put an end to the madness by stopping her tormentors from wrecking more havoc on the town and her friends.

Out of all of the Afton Morrison books, I would have to say that this one was my favorite. After a huge plot twist was revealed at the end of See You Soon, Afton (Afton Morrison Book #2)
Brent Jones
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
With the town on lockdown and her companions in danger, Afton attempts to establish an improbable truce, leading her into a deadly trap.
D J
Sep 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book 3 of Afton reveals a lot about her and the other characters. Eventhough Afton does kill, I don't want her to get caught or go to jail. In my mind I can justify her actions. For example: When Afton came to the rescue of a little boy who was being severely beaten by his drunken mother, Afton killed her. I love Afton because her heart is in the right place. She is as kind as she is evil for the right reasons. I was surprised when she finally met up with her sister Clara, that she freed he ...more
Ashley Hedden
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice Try, Afton was another great read by Brent Jones. This is book three of the Afton Morrison series. This is a great series that is full of action and this book definitely doesn't't disappoint. Afton is looking to make a truce with the one person she never thought she would in order to keep everyone safe. I can't wait to read more by Brent Jones.
Amanda
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
My apologies for not posting the past few days, and also getting to this story. I had a wisdom tooth pulled and I was in between groggy in bed and ‘where the hell am I?’ state. My mouth is still sore, but at least the problem is gone now.
Anyway…

If you haven’t already guessed, I’m a fan of this series. I’ve written reviews on both Book 1 and Book 2. The fourth book releases this month and I am a bit behind, but I’m so close now!

Afton cannot catch a break! I enjoy how these are quick reads, espec
Kate
Kim
Josette Thomas
April Shuffler
Mar 25, 2019
From bad checks to bathroom graffiti, Brent Jones has always been drawn to writing. He won a national creative writing competition at the age of fourteen, although he can’t recall what the story was about.

Jones writes from his home in Fort Erie, Canada. He’s happily married, a bearded cyclist, a mediocre guitarist, and the proud owner of two dogs with a God complex. Subscribe to his newsletter (Au

The Afton Morrison Series (4 books)
  • Go Home, Afton (Afton Morrison, #1)
  • See You Soon, Afton (Afton Morrison, #2)
  • Time's Up, Afton (Afton Morrison, #4)