Start by marking “Discovery (Kinky in the City #3)” as Want to Read:
Discovery (Kinky in the City #3)

Discovery

(Kinky in the City #3)

A Demisexual Age Play Romance

Sex is a lot like pizza. It's good, but you won't die without it...

Matteo's always known he was different. Seeing his older brothers falling in love shines a spotlight on his own lack of desire. Modeling age play gear was a way to prove he could make his own decisions, nothing more.

Levi didn’t realize what a challenge it'd be directing th

Published June 26th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Discovery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Discovery

Start your review of Discovery (Kinky in the City #3)
Ky
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can I just say that I loved this story so I can get it out of the way and move on to actually discussing the plot? Thank you! So, I loved this story!

I went in with caution for two reasons: one, I wasn't exactly the biggest fan on the first book of this series and two, I knew I would have to push my limits in order to read it. Let's expand on those reasons. What I was missing from book one, Exploration, was the communication between the characters, the talks, the connection, the believable pace o
Susan
Re-read March 2019
I keep re-reading this book because I just love how Levi takes care of Matteo.

--------------------------------------

Nice daddy kink book (age-play, not just daddy-kink, but very mild age-play, no diapers)!

Matteo a 21 year old guy who has never in his life been attracted to someone. He’s not sure why that is, but he’s finally willing to embrace his asexuality. That is until he is modeling for a friend’s kinky website and discovers the age play stuff is kind of getting him hot.

Wh
Cadiva
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is so full of love it makes my heart burst. Matteo and Levi were such a perfect partnership and this particular kink was so well done.

The pain aspect of BDSM has never been something I've found to be really enthralling but I have to say, the spankings and light punishment with a belt scenes absolutely worked in this narrative.

The other kink element I'm going to hide away as I think it works better as it's slowly revealed in the book.

(view spoiler)
Tracy
Jul 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m
3 meh stars. This was a nice story. Levi was nice, Matteo was nice. Their relationship was nice. That's about it for me. I literally feel like I just read a Shaw Montgomery book. ...more
Emily Seelye
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great romance has the perfect balance between relationship development and sexy times. Discovery certainly delivers.

Teo is the baby of the Marino family. After watching 2 of his older brothers fall in love, he realizes he wants that, but despite only being 21 has resigned himself to that face that it probably won’t happen. He thinks he’s broken because he has anxiety and ADHD, and on top of that, he doesn’t feel sexual attraction.

He meets Levi when he agrees to help a friend with a photo shoot
⭐Toonasa⭐ •Romance Book Lovers' Haven•
An Age-Play (& Some Age-Gap) MM Story With New Feelings, Sexual Discoveries, Our Beloved Family, Letting Fear Go, Trust, Care, Intimacy, Love, Fun times & HEA.
I Adored Matteo & Levi, DEVOURED this story In 6hrs.
I hadn't known the word Demisexual before this book, & Matteo's Character showed it's meaning so well!

I Binge Read this entire series in 3 days (1-3 Jan), Sometimes reading to the wee hours of night to find out what happens next❤. Read on to find my Review of the Series as a Whole & Indiv
Lelyana's Reviews
Jun 23, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, mm
This book has potential to be an enjoyable daddy kink story.
But I felt that this short story is dragging. It's not that I didn't enjoy it, at some part, I really liked the two MCs dynamic.
I don't know, I think it's too sweet? It was like, I wanted to push them to say or do something already. I had no patience when I read this book, blame it on me 😁🤘
What made me still finished it, is the chemistry between them was there, and strong.
Maybe you'll find this book more enjoyable than I did. Especial
Jaylee
This book involves 3 big subjects: DDlb/age play, demisexuality, and anxiety. It does two of them well and one of them terribly, which I'll cover more in-depth below.

The characters are very much defined by these 3 subjects and don't have much else to their personalities or lives beyond those, which was fine, since I mean... it's advertised as "a demisexual age-play romance" so if you pick it up, it's because that's what you're here for.

The writing is okay, although the pacing can be a bit off. A
Jennie
Jul 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story from the first line...
"Sex is a lot like pizza. It's good but I won't die without it."

Matteo has agreed to model for a friend of his and finds himself a little unnerved but weirdly comfortable in the persona he's adopting whilst modelling.
Levi is the photographer at the shoot and has great chemistry with Matteo.
"It was a damn good thing I wasn't interested in Levi because I was pretty sure slobber running down my chin would have ruined any sexual chemistry."

Levi and Matteo are
Ali
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 5 stars out of 5

I think this is my favorite story in the series so far. I have come to really enjoy age play romances because I love the additional depth and love the stories bring. Matteo kind of got thrown into the deep end when he does a favor for a friend but is lucky to have Levi willing to catch him.

Matteo has always thought he was different and has finally accepted that fact when he meets Levi and he shows him that there
Rachel
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Copy received from author for an honest review

I will say from the beginning - I am not a fan of the scene ( I don't want to say what it is, I think the reader needs to watch this un this couple find themselves in - it just icks me out - othing against the scene or anyone in it, and I don't care if it is m/m, m/f, dog/cat, it just gives me the wiggins - I know, I am weird.

What I will say though is wow, what a wonderful story Ms Ward has given us with Discovery.

Full of so much love, especially of
Jenny Wood
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another hot cover…. Shew!

I feel like I’ve been waiting on this book forever, when in reality, it’s been less than a week since I was introduced to this series….. but wow, did I love them all. In saying that, I was most excited for Matteo, mostly because I love the underdog. I like the venerable boys that need someone to take a little different care of them. Is that weird? Probably….

Anyway, so Matteo is Freddie and Calvin’s baby brother; we got a glimpse in the others in this series, that in my
Jess A Jaye
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am loving Quinn's Kinky in the City series and each one gets better and better. I really enjoy how Quinn is exploring a different kink in each book. Each one is hot don't get me wrong but the emphasis is on the relationships and really looking at what the characters get from participating in the various kinks. I finish each book with that swoony feeling and being educated.
In Discovery we meet Teo and Levi. Oh my god I love Teo. He is adorable. Teo is the youngest of the brothers. And he's hurt
R
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, reviewed, kink
Matteo had always been lost in his own head, double and triple guessing every move he made. Always working himself into a place where he just couldn't function. Each episode taking a deeper toll. He agreed to a photo shoot on age play. Once there, again losing his ability to function.

The photographers assistant, Levi recognizes that Matteo needs to get out of his own head and sets him to a task that settled his mind. Levi recognizes that Matteo needs the control that only a daddy can bring. Matt
Lisa
I loved book one and two but 3 have stole my heart.
Teo and Levi’s relationship is serious relationship goals. The author could not have wrote a more perfect couple.

Teo thinks he is weird and destined to be in his own forever and this feeling just gets worse when all his brothers start relationships and moving in together getting engaged ect. He is asexual and thinks that sex is just something for everyone apart from him. That is until he agrees to do a shoot for his friend . That’s when he meet
Denise GremoryKohta
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Truly Amazing!! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

So much more than just a story. When I found out that Quinn Ward was going to write the Marino boys' stories I was over the moon. I knew they would create magic and that's what they did. They took that nugget and turned it into a gold mine. These are more than some books with kink in it. We get beautifully written stories stories and so much more. What I really like is that in each book it's emphasized that there is nothing wrong with the characters desires. The way Mateo fe
Maygirl7
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was ok
Better than book 2
Kristine
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, 2018
Discovery is such a fitting title for this book. Each of the characters goes through their own discovery to learn more about themselves and each other. The characters are complex, believable and intriguing. The story is engaging, fast-paced and had me wanting to know what was going to happen next. An enjoyable story full of friendship, family, and love.
Renee
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Levi is a dominant that identifies as a daddy. Matteo feels like he is broken. His ADHD and anxiety cripples him at times. When a friend asks him to be a model for a line of sex toys aimed at the daddy/little lifestyle he reluctantly agrees. Levi sees that Matteo needs the little lifestyle to shut off the part of his brain that constantly undermines him.

Spicy yet sensitive book. I love the ongoing theme of acceptance in this series. Matteo’s family is open and encouraging. Levi works to build M
Xanthe
Jul 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another great book in the Kinky in the City series from Quinn Ward.
This one follows the story of Matteo and Levi.
Matteo is the baby Marino brother and saying slightly clumsy and scatterbrained would be putting it mildly. After agreeing to model some things for his friends website he ends up dressed and playing in a "little" setting, colouring on the floor, playing with blocks. What scares him is how easy it settles is constantly buzzing kind and his attraction to Levi, the photographers assistan
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
4.5
Discovery is the third book in the Kinky in the City series by the talented Quinn Ward. This series is everything Quinn promised us and more. I have fallen in love with each of the Marino brothers. They are all special in their own way. Discovery is Matteo's story. We know Teo, he's the youngest brother. He's scatter brained and clumsy. He has views of himself and they are all negative. When he agrees to help out a friend with a photo shot, he learns there's more to the way he feels than he
Sandra Shipman ~ Two Book Pushers
4.5 Stars

Discovery is the third book in the Kinky in the City series. It can however be read as a standalone. I had the pleasure of reading Exploration and meeting Matteo. I felt for him even then as the youngest brother of four and him feeling like he couldn’t do anything right. I haven’t read Challenge yet...I want to kick my own ass for that one!

Matteo has always felt different. He has anxiety but it’s not just that. He sees others falling in love, leaving the clubs with their one night stan
Tanja
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was highly anticipating Matteo’s story, and this book has everything I hoped for. Ever since I read about him in the first two book of the series, I had a soft spot for him. He is just adorable. Shy, awkward, clumsy, sweet, and he is trying so hard to please his mother and his brothers.
I didn’t know what to expect. Knowing the series, I knew it was something kinky, but I didn’t know what this author had in stall for us. Well, I couldn’t be happier, and it was absolutely perfect for Matteo.
Le
JenCW
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
4.25 Stars!

This third book in the Kinky in the City series works as a standalone, although a few scenes in it happen concurrently with the second book, Challenge. The story is full of love, understanding, and very little angst.

Matteo is the youngest brother and baby of his family. He agrees to help with his friend's new website, but didn't expect to be modeling age play gear. He's really uncomfortable, but the photographer's assistant Levi helps set him at ease. Levi sees something in Matteo be
Sarah Jones
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.25* Another great addition to Quinn Ward’s Kinky in the City series! You do not need to have read the previous books in the series to get into this book as each features a new couple. I thoroughly enjoyed this book and cannot wait for the 4th in the series!

Discovery features Matteo and Levi. Teo is the clumsy and easily flustered youngest brother of the Marino family who has struggled for years with a lack of desire (comes to realize he is demi sexual throughout the book). Levi is a photograph
Shey
Jun 19, 2020 rated it did not like it
I don't like leaving negative reviews, but in this case, I feel that it's important to warn readers so they aren't blindsided like I was.

If you are excited for a demi main character and a Daddy that supports his identity, this is NOT the book for you. I desperately wanted to like this book, I loved the concept, but the main character Levi was so manipulative and sketchy that I noped out at 26%.

Matteo constantly thinks of himself as broken because he doesn't feel sexual attraction (which is not
S.M. Harshell
**I was given a free copy of this book to read and review by the author.**

Discovery is the third installment in the Kinky in the City series. All the books can be read as standalone but as always are much better when read in the order the author intended.

Matteo is the youngest of the family. Everyone is always taking care of him, making decisions. He's always felt like there is something wrong with him. He's different, this he knows and he never expects to have a relationship let alone a normal
Terri
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
We got to know Mateo a bit in the first two books in this series. He seemed scatterbrained and unable to focus, well-meaning but clumsy. Now we have his story, and I have fallen in love with him. Teo is such a sweet and almost innocent character. He is the baby of his family, and he's always depended on his brothers and mother to take care of him. At the same time, he's felt that he was less than the others. He was convinced he would be alone forever, without ever having the kind of loving relat ...more
Melanie Rawlinson
Jan 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful

This is such a lovely read. Matter is the youngest of five brothers in a very full-on family, and always feeling klutzy. He’s agreed to do a photo shoot to help a friend show off his custom furniture on his website, the custom furniture in question being for adult ‘littles’, so a bit out of Matteo’s usual comfort zone. Levi is the photographer’s assistant, a very secure and supportive personality and the two obviously just click - unexpectedly for Matteo given he’s never been attracted
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Curiosity (Undisclosed, #2)
  • The Only Way to Dream (The Mechanics of Love #3)
  • The Only Way to Love (The Mechanics of Love #2)
  • His Boy Blue (A Little Bit of Perfect, #2)
  • Learning to Trust (The Education of the Heart #1)
  • Unexpected (Unconditional Love, #1)
  • Lost Boy (Daddy's Boy, #3)
  • Adler and Orrick (A Little Bit of Perfect, #1)
  • Bossy Baby (Daddy's Boy, #4)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Hold Us (Naughty or Nice, #3)
  • Healing Carson's Little (Different Hearts, #4)
  • Attraction (Undisclosed, #3)
  • Boy Issues (Command & Care #1)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Spank Me (Naughty or Nice #2)
  • Pretty Baby (Daddy's Boy, #2)
  • Baby Boy (Daddy's Boy, #1)
  • Rethinking Fate
  • Dear Daddy, Please Trust Me

Kinky in the City (4 books)
  • Exploration (Kinky in the City, #1)
  • Challenge (Kinky in the City #2)
  • Adventure (Kinky in the City #4)

News & Interviews