Start by marking “Dustwalker” as Want to Read:
Dustwalker

Dustwalker

A SYNTH SEARCHING FOR PURPOSE

Walk. Scavenge. Destroy. Trade. A simple cycle thats suited Ronin for one hundred and eighty-five years. With no clear grasp of his programming, the barren wasteland known as The Dust offers him purpose, a place where his armored undercasing, amped-up processors, and advanced optics can be put to use. The ramshackle towns on the edges of the
Published June 2018 (first published July 15th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Dustwalker, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dustwalker

Start your review of Dustwalker
Celestine
This is the most romantic cyborg novel I have ever read. And I have read 436 science fiction romance books in the past six years.

The husband-wife writing team of Tiffany Roberts has juxtaposed poetry of emotion with a decimated and dangerous post-apocalyptic world. Their talent at taking an unfeeling, emotionless Bot and turning him into one of the most eloquently romantic heroes I've read in any type of romance genre is impressive.

Here's the story. A synth named Ronin wanders The Dust of the
RedL.
5 Amo ergo sum: I need a Ronin in my life stars

I am not sure I can write the review this book deserves at the moment. Too many distractions, and I need to switch off a bit actually. The problem is, I loved this little thing with a fierceness I didn't expect, and it hurt so much when I finished it I got angry at the whole damn world, scolding tears keeping me awake next to my kids. Silly, really, true nonetheless.

In a way it is a classical sci-fi storyline: post-nuclear war dystopian future,
Vicki Stiefel
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I recently wrote a mini review for Tiffany Roberts Dustwalker. I didnt do it justice. The novels love story reached out an grabbed my heart. It remains there, firmly entrenched. Its that good.
Unlike so many dystopian novels, Dustwalker is filled with hope, as well as with characters Id love to meet again and again. The raw setting is so carefully crafted, the reader becomes immersed in a world of dust and death, where only the few find surcease from the brutal conditions of a planet soured by
Douglas Meeks
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have read several books by Tiffany Roberts (Tiffany Roberts is the pseudonym for Tiffany and Robert Freund) and they were all good stories and entertaining mostly 4 Star reading but the duo has hit it out of the park with this one.

I was concerned after reading a few chapters that this was going to be yet another depressing dystopian story which I tend to hate, after a couple more chapters I was really getting to hate our heroine as well, BUT then slowly things started turning around, there was
Dianne
Humanity had to do it. We had to have artificial intelligence, robots and the like to make our lives better. What happens when our own creations become our own worst nightmares? Does humanity become obsolete, a burden? What happened after The Dark?

The dynamic writing duo that make up Tiffany Roberts has done it, again! Enter the dystopian, post-apocalyptic world of DUSTWALKER and witness a future where humans are excess baggage to be tolerated and relegated to squalor in a world where the land
Cheesecake
3.5 stars rounded up because of the super sweet epilogue.
Hollie Jackson and Ryan Turner do a fantastic job reading, taking turns with the alternating POVs of Ronin and Lara.

This wasn't what I was expecting but then this is also my first read by this author. The plot is full of conveniences and the dystopian world is decidedly small. But I still enjoyed it quite a bit.
It has a kind of Hollywood flair to it (as the villain points out in his monologue at the end, -snicker-).

In a dystopian future in
Gaufre
DNF 78%

One of the most used plots in romances is the worldly guy falling for the destitute girl. I have grown tired of that story because the rich guy is usually an overprotective jealous jerk and the woman is vibrant and incredibly beautiful yet no one else but our hero sees it. So I was very surprised I loved this book - until about 60%.

I will start with the good. The fact that Ronin is a synth (not human but programmed for higher functions than robot) makes it a refreshing take on a worn
Boundless Book Reviews
I voluntarily received an ARC of Dustwalker in exchange for an honest review.  Every so often a book will touch me on such a fundamental level that it will break me down to a sobbing mess.  I am not talking a little tear here or there, I am talking big bawling, snotty mess.  By the end, that is what Dustwalker did, and it was worth it!

This is a post-apocalyptic tale unlike any Ive read before.  The world and character building are vivid and complex.  I could feel the dust through the pages, I
Zeek
Sep 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Surprised me how much I liked Dustwalker. It shouldn't have because it has many elements I love in my fiction reading, sex, sweet romance, dystopian setting. Yet there's been so much baaaaad out there with these elements also. Much like my dating life, I went in with lowered expectations. Unlike said love life, I was pleasantly surprised.

The hero, a synthetic life form, seemed more "man" than most heroes in romance novels, with his genuine puzzlement over human female emotions. Yet he somehow
alicat ♡➹♡
3.5 stars.

A sweet romance and android sex? Sign me up. This story has a touching romance set in a really desolate dystopian world. I especially enjoyed the first half when the romance comes to fruition. Despite the sweetness, there are some seriously messed up moments - this is not a lighthearted read.

I thought the relationship between the two main characters - Lara and Ronin was great - and the questions they asked about what makes us human and what is love?

I have to admit I found Lara a bit
Seffra
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 bittersweet stars!

Uhmmm yeah, so these wonderful authors gave me this wonderful book to read and review. I realize now that it's been close to a month since release...SORRYYY!!

description

I'll start off by saying that humanoid robots have never been a thing I care for because I always had a problem buying into the authenticity of their emotions and actions. I strongly believed that they are fabricated by their makers. Which was why I could not, for the life of me get into the show Westworld.

HOWEVER!!!
Martel
Jan 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Impossible to explain the rating without spoiling a great part of the story. Maybe the problem is, I was expecting a romance, and this novel doesn't quite fit the standards of this category. But still largely enough to rebuke the hardcore fans of sci-fi, adventure and dystopia.
Many triggers in this mixture of genres, and some of them really bothered me. We got it all, (view spoiler) and then the icing of the
Jen
4.5 stars rounded up to 5. I really enjoyed this book from a new-to-me-author. I hope Ms. Roberts plans to write more stories set in this world.
Amy
Dystopian landscape. Humans scavenge for metal scrap to trade with their robot overlords. Humans live in shantytowns; bots live in a suburban oasis. Some bots look like humans, but this story follows Ronin, who takes a liking to a human woman who's about to give up. She's lost her sister, she's lost her source of food, and her hatred for robots is the only emotion she's got left.

Started off with that This is it, I've found buried treasure feeling in my fluttering heart, but then I was told the
Cymia Moss
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another masterpiece by the dynamic-duo that is Tiffany Roberts. Amazing job you two. I love the fact that the ending made me cry after Tabitha read the note Ronin left her as he embraced the woman he loved. Both characters were great, from Lara with her courage, sense of what's right, and foul mouth to go with it all. And Ronin who found interest in her dancing and was curious, gentle, and found happiness though her. All I can say is thanks for the read you two it was wonderful.
Marina Simcoe
Oct 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: romance (any sub genre) or sci-fi readers
This book should be a movie!

description

Dustwalker is very well written, with carefully crafted descriptions that created vivid pictures in my mind as I was reading it. I loved both characters, and their love story was epic. Their relationship was well-developed, and the reader can follow their growing feelings for each other as the story progresses.
Please, if anyone knows a movie producer, could you put a bug in their ear? This book would make a great movie, with dystopian landscape, wasteland, sand
BookPauper

**uncontrollable ugly-crying and indecipherable weep-talking**
 ♡♡~Cyborg-Scifi-Lover~♡♡
I enjoyed reading this at the end/epiloque I had to get
a tissue.
Angela Cruz
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a sci-fi-romance, with a touch of mystery. This is a stand alone, I recommend it for 18 and older due to the sexual content. This book really surprised me, I do not usually enjoy post-apocalyptic stories, but this book is gave me the feels! Yes, it is an emotional roller coaster, I could not put it down till the end. The story was so detailed, so realistic, I could picture it all in my head. One of my favorites! This would make a great series... hint, hint.

Lara Brooks has not had an
Riley
Oct 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ill start this review by saying that Dustwalker is a new book for my favorites shelf! But, it did not start out that way.

I immediately connected with the two main characters. Ronin, or Dustwalker, is the main storyteller in the story. He has been re-activated for 185 years and remembers every minute of every day since then. He maintains his synthetic body by scavenging the post-apocalyptic, desert-like countryside for valuable materials. He is a sentient bot, modeled on humans. That he appears
Mari (Smut Duchess)
This was a solid 4.0 - 4.5 *** KU read by husband and wife team Tiffany Roberts. In post apocalyptic Cheyenne WY humans are barely surviving. The robots have it good though. There are bots that can only fulfill their base programming; cleaning, landscaping, etc. And synths who are high functioning AIs with the capacity to learn and feel. No human, synth or robot remembers the Black Out. Not the cause or reason. Ronin is a synth that travels outside Cheyenne to scavenge whatever he can from the ...more
LAB☺
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
After still not being able to get that epilogue out of mind, I came back and changed my rating from 4* to 5*
****************************8
A really heart touching story. There were some sad parts, and I thought the couple fell in love a little too quickly, but it was a very heartwarming story of love triumphing. Have tissues ready for the epilogue. I'll remember this one for awhile.
French Press Bookworm Blog
Jun 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not at all my normal read and I loved every bit of it. Robin was wonderful
Nancy
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ku
Rounded up to 5 stars

This wasn't perfect and lagged in few places, but so original that made this a five. I really enjoyed this story.
Summer
Loved it! Read it!

This was the best book I've read in a realllllly long time. At its heart this is a romance, probably the best robot & human romance I've ever read. The story takes place so far in the future that bots and humans don't even remember which came first, new creator theories have arisen on both sides. I would recommend this book to anyone that likes either robot/cyborg stories or if you enjoy post apocalyptic romance, or even better both, READ THIS BOOK. I actually loved that
Jen Davis
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My sci-fi romance glom continues with new-to-me author Tiffany Roberts. Dustwalker has really great reviews on Goodreads and Amazon, and though I didnt love it the way some other readers did, I can say for the most part, I did like it.

Lara is a human who is barely scraping by in the dust-covered ruins of a post-apocalyptic world. The only person she has ever loved is her sister, Tabitha, who has gone missing, presumably with the bot who shed become involved with. Lara, like so many other humans,
Mara
Sep 21, 2017 marked it as limbo  ·  review of another edition
Mary Lee
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sad ending

This as such a good book until the ending. I would never have read it if I knew I was going to cry through the Epilogue. I know this is a spoiler, but this is a necessary one for the half the readers like me who hate sad endings. It was frustrating as I saw an opportunity for a much happier ending. If you want to read this and you are okay with that, then you won't be disappointed. It truly was a good book right up until the end. But some people like those kinds of endings. I'm just
Gena
Aug 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cyborg
An interesting take on the cyborg / humanity evolution. From the start Ronin is a sympathetic character, he's a cyborg searching for his purpose and I found myself enjoying his take on life. Lara is a little harsher in the beginning however this is due to her experiences and it isn't long before she's on Ronin's side :) The book does have a hea. I only wish I hadn't read the epilogue (it's sad). I knew where the story was going however I didn't want to read it.
Athene Lipsanos
Nov 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book <3
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Contaminated: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Contagion
  • Havoc of Souls
  • The Kraken's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #2)
  • Rampion: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Demon Mine (Demons, #1)
  • The Ugly Dukeling: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • Jackie and the Giant: Cosmic Fairy Tales
  • The Scorpion's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #1)
  • The Serpent's Mate (Iriduan Test Subjects, #3)
  • Tamed by the Troll (Perished Woods #1)
  • Guardian (Prison Planet, #1)
  • Saving Askara (Tori & Aderus, #1)
  • Minotaur's Curse (Into the Dead Fall, #3)
  • Homebound
  • A Wolvenk Holiday (A Women of Dor Nye Novella)
  • Hunting Purity (The Hunting #2)
  • Enthralling the Orc (Perished Woods #2)
Tiffany Roberts is the pseudonym for Tiffany and Robert Freund, a husband and wife writing duo. Tiffany was born and bred in Idaho, and Robert was a native of New York City before moving across the country to be with her. The two have always shared a passion for reading and writing, and it was their dream to combine their mighty powers to create the sorts of books they want to read. They write ...more