Start by marking “Tales of Charm, Balderdash, and Yarns Somewhere in Between” as Want to Read:
Tales of Charm, Balderdash, and Yarns Somewhere in Between

Tales of Charm, Balderdash, and Yarns Somewhere in Between

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  8 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Tales of Charm, Balderdash, and Yarns Somewhere in Between is a collection of short stories by Thomas Noel Smith. The tales range from the somber and the strange to the whimsical and wacky. Included in the collection are unique versions of Adam and Eve and Mother Goose tales. The tales are entertaining, captivating, and engaging. Thomas Noel Smith is a film actor in Florid ...more
Published June 5th 2018 by Outskirts Press

Be the first to ask a question about Tales of Charm, Balderdash, and Yarns Somewhere in Between

Kim
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
As the title reflects there are distinct parts to this book.

Part 1: The Blind Date; The Clairvoyant, A Fatal Adventure, Another Cigarette, Kevin Becker’s Epiphany – and many more – all dark, darker and outright scary dark. I am still looking for the tales of charm.

Part 2 – Mother Goose on the Rocks – A series of Fairy Tales, some very clever, some not so much, some would have been better without all the sarcasm. Actually sarcasm seemed to pervade all the writing and it felt overdone and tedious.
Aythn Hood
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
These stories are akin to a lost treasure recently discovered or an old photo of a beloved fondly looked upon. Some were like being allowed a bite of your favorite treat; they leave you wanting more like in The Unwritten Story. Others leave the reader satisfied like a hot cup of cider on a winter's night such as Howard. Some were quite chilling as in The Painting. This collection is quite a wonderful read and should be savored.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily
Katrina Roets
Aug 15, 2018 rated it liked it
The Good:

All of the stories in this collection are a short read, but be warned, you need to be paying attention because you don't want to miss out on the details. This is probably the perfect book for when you're trying to escape into the bathroom, away from the kids, for a few minutes.

The Bad:
The language is a bit outdated, more from the perhaps the seventies than what's used current.

The Summary:
I'd say that this book is just as fun as the title suggests. Check it out if quick stories are your
Jantine Kampes
Jul 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy through Netgalley, in return for an honest review.

The stories in this book are quick, and have to be read with full attention, because it is easy to miss something. They are sometimes funny (certainly if you have a strange sense of humor, like me). They are always strange. I loved them!
Tanya
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is such a great collection of short stories and each one is different to each other. You will love them and want to have so much more from the author

Molly
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
an odd collection of goofy and somewhat weird tales.

a somewhat humorous collection - if more than a bit crazy and bizarre!

read when you are in the right mood for wacky shorts!

Destiny Brown
Jul 10, 2018
Denice Langley
Sep 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I'm not usually a fan of short stories outside the science fiction or mystery genre, but the title of this one caught my notice, The stories are interesting and engaging without being childish, even though it contains some retelling of children's tales. I found myself reading through the book quickly and did not skip any of the stories as I usually do when the story does not measure up. This book lives up to the title and is well worth spending some of your reading time. You'll be glad you did.
finecat