Start by marking “It Began With a Lie (Secrets of Redemption #1)” as Want to Read:
It Began With a Lie (Secrets of Redemption #1)

It Began With a Lie

(Secrets of Redemption #1)

4.21  ·  Rating details ·  33 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
A fresh start. That was what Becca hoped the move from New York to Redemption, Wisconsin would be for her troubled family. A way to get her crumbling marriage back on track, and to bond with her difficult 16-year-old stepdaughter.

But instead of a new beginning, Becca is thrust into a mysterious past she barely remembers, as she is now living in her aunt's house (or what t
Published September 10th 2018 by Love-Based Publishing

Win a Copy of This Book

• It Began With a Lie by Michele Pariza Wacek
    It Began With a Lie (Secrets of Redemption #1)
    Release date: Sep 10, 2018
    Enter for a chance to win one of 100 Kindle copies of "It Began With a Lie" -- a brand new psychological thriller/mystery with a touch of romance and ...more

Format: Kindle book

Giveaway ends in: a

Availability: 100 copies available, 258 people requesting

Giveaway dates: Nov 01 - Nov 30, 2018

Countries available: U.S.

• Friend Reviews

To ask other readers questions about It Began With a Lie, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Began With a Lie

DJ Sakata
    My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

Am I okay? I considered the question. I had a knife in my purse. I was afraid my stepdaughter, and maybe myself, were being possessed by ghosts. And I had just been momentarily convinced that a harmless homeless woman would have all the answers.

Was she really a monster? Or was she right— that I didn't know who to trust? After all, my first husband cheated on me, and my second husband was trying to get me committed. Clearly, I wasn't such a great judge of character.
    Heather
    Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
    It Began With a Lie is a difficult book to pigeonhole, so I stopped trying. While billed as a romance, this book has very little romance in it. It's part paranormal mystery, suspense, women's fiction, crime story, all with a tiny bit of romance mixed in. But despite the mashed genres, it's a good story.

Becca returns to the town of Redemption to make a clean start with her husband and stepdaughter. Her husband's job is in shambles, and so is the house they own, Becca's deceased aunt's home. Add
    April
    Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
    It Began with a Lie by Michele Pariza Wacek is a Psychological thriller, romantic suspense, and paranormal Romance. Set in Redemption, Wisconsin. This story involves a woman, Becca, who is forced to move back to her Aunt Charlie's house because of financial circumstances. With a mysterious past, and living in what the locals call  "The Witch House", she encounters an old high school crush, Daniel. Will she be able to get her

crumbling marriage back on track and become closer with her 16 year ol
    Jill
    Sep 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
    It Began With a Lie is a psychological thriller with so many different facets. It is not what I would normally read, but I am so happy I decided to give this book a try. As soon as I started this book I didn’t want to put it down. The twists and turns throughout the book kept me fully engaged, wanting to know the outcome. Though many things are solved in the book, there are some things that are left unanswered. And OMG that ending?! I seriously can't wait for the next book! If you are a fan of p ...more
    Heather Martin
    Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    It Began with a Lie

**Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.**

This book was not what I expected, even as I was reading it! About 25% into it, I was annoyed and had wrote a three paragraph review because I was so annoyed with Rebecca but I kept thinking there was something more ahead, and WHOA, there was.

I was annoyed because Rebecca was spineless and weak when it came to her husband and step-daughter. And I just
    Brenda
    Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
    Shelves: reviewed

It Began With A Lie is not my usual read but I found it extremely difficult to put down.

This is this author's debut full length novel. There is a novella which was published prior to this book.

Once I got started I wanted to know what would happen next. Were there truly ghosts involved or was the entire thing brought on by bad meds?

Was Chrissy really a bad teenager or was everything she did brought on by bad parenting?

Almost from the start I wanted Becca to leave her jerk of a husband and Daniel
    Katherine Yearwood
    It Began With a Lie a psychological thriller by Michele PW that you don’t want to miss. Years ago, something bad happened in her Aunt Charlie house that left one teen missing and Rebecca unable to remember that summer night. Now fifteen years later, Rebecca "Becca" is back. With the death of her Aunt Charlie, who left the house to Rebecca. But, Rebecca doesn’t feel comfortable about staying in the house, which is known in the community of Redemption, Wisconsin, as being haunted. But with nowhere ...more
    N.D. Jackson
    Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
    It Began With A Lie is a psychological thriller involving a woman, Becca, who is forced to move back to her Aunt Charlie's home due to financial circumstances. The problem is that in this house, something terrible happened. At least she thinks it did, but she can't really say. The problem is that once she's back in the home she hadn't set foot in for a couple decades, she starts having strange feelings and visions she can't explain.

The story itself was okay but because it was written in first pe
    Jennifer Pierson
    Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    It Began With a Lie isn't a story that I normally read, as it's a psychological thriller with paranormal undertones, however, I found myself unable to put it down after starting it. I usually try to give a description, but this is one of those stories that it's better giving much of one at all. Basically, Becca has to move from New York to Redemption, Wisconsin, because of financial issues. She moves into her Aunt Charlie's house, and the story takes off from there. There are so many twists & ...more
    Jaymi Couch
    Nov 14, 2018 rated it liked it
    This book was not my usual genre, but it was sure exciting! I don’t like scary, ghostly, haunted storylines because they give me nightmares. I had to put this book down a few times because I was getting creeped out!

Rebecca and her husband Stefan and his daughter Chrissy are going back to Rebecca’s hometown of Redemption to deal with the house that was left to her. Unfortunately 15 years ago something terrible happened in the house and going back is the last thing she want to do.

There was so mu
    Obsessive Book Nerd Lauren
    Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
    To start, I want to share that I'm not a fan of scary. I don't watch scary shows or movies. I don't read horror either. While ghost stories used to thrill me, I've gone soft in my older age (I know, early 30's isn't old). But I decided to branch out and read something different. IT BEGAN WITH A LIE was so different and oh so good. There were times when I had to put the Kindle down because I was getting just a little creeped out. Or thought maybe I shouldn't read at night before bed. But I devour ...more
    Barbara Fraley
    Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
    I liked this book - finding one's strength, one's voice, while everyone thinks you're crazy. why would anyone think you were crazy? ghosts? memory loss? or something more sinister? this is a definite read!!
    Rita
    Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    I really loved this book. The author has a way of making you feel the main characters feelings and pain. I won't forget this book. Her main character is amazing. The story left me feeling sad and shocked. An interesting story for sure!
    Kathi Hoops
    Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    Wow,

Great book can hardly wait for the next one ! Only had part is know 2019 before the third book!
    Lady Delacour
    Clean with
    Foul Language.
    Rene' Seals
    Sep 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
    “It Begin With A Lie” is the first book in a new series, Secrets of Redemption, by Michele Pariza Wacek (Michele PW). This book had me hooked from the first moment that I read the description. Why? I really can’t answer that because I don’t know. I don’t watch movies, or read books for that matter, with ghosts, scary dolls, ridiculous clowns, or mask wearing men. The whole paranormal thing, even though I live in “Mystic Falls”, is not my thing. I’ve tried and often lose interest because I’m yell ...more
    Gail
    Oct 25, 2018 rated it did not like it
    Confusing

I never could figure out what was going on in this book. Nothing made sense. I don't like paranormal and probably never should have read the book. But I 've read other books with ghosts but it nothing as weird as this book. I do not recommend it until you are heavily into it.
    Judith T. Bean
    Jan
    Oct 27, 2018
    janice maria baer
    Oct 22, 2018

Secrets of Redemption (2 books)
    • This Happened to Jessica (Secrets of Redemption #2)