Start by marking “Touch the Sky (Mated by Fate, #2)” as Want to Read:
Touch the Sky (Mated by Fate, #2)

Touch the Sky

(Mated by Fate #2)

Keep to yourself. Focus on the job.

Sheriff Vaughn Ellis’s very existence as a rare double-shifter defies the natural order. It also makes it extremely difficult for him to get close to anyone. To trust anyone. It’s nothing Vaughn can’t handle, until a seductively sweet woman arrives in Black Robe, and suddenly he can’t think about anything but her.

The product of a witch/
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 317 pages
Published September 24th 2018 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Touch the Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Touch the Sky

Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Stars.

My favorite character goes to Frost, who isn't a narrator. Runner-ups, the two tikes who shifted into wolves. Adorable.

Touch of Sky is the second installment of the Mated by Fate series, and I don't believe it is a good idea to read it as a standalone, as there are common ties threading the series together. There would be too much confusion.

I need to preface my review by stating the format is not my favorite, but it
Eva Millien
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second story in the Marked By Fate series is an exciting and touching romance that grabs readers attention and refuses to let go. Sheriff Vaughn Ellis as an eagle – wolf hybrid intrigued readers in Hunt the Moon and now he’s enthralling them along with the witch – wolf hybrid Hannah Cochran who’s in major trouble and sinking fast. These strong, bold characters are easily connected to and reader can’t help but feel for them as they struggle with their emotional and trust issues, the intense s ...more
Tina Christopher
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
Amy
Jul 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Touch the Sky is the second book in the Mated by Fate Series and can be read as a stand-alone novel. Touch the Sky follows the story of Hannah and Vaughn. Hannah has always been different. She is the product of a rare shifter paring. In order to take down the threat to the lycanthrope world, she’ll have to keep what she is a secret. That proves easier to be said that done. What Hannah wasn’t planning on was Vaughn. She can’t fight the pull she feels towards him and working together to solve the ...more
Demetra
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-books

I was curious about Vaughn from Book 1, so I was so excited to find out he was getting his own book!!

Vaughn’s life is full of superstitions and conceal hate. Most people are skeptical about him because he’s both a wolf and an eagle shifter. Because of that he’s closed off and doesn’t really trust anyone. Everything’s starting to change when Hannah arrives in town. She’s the product of a witch/werewolf pairing; a witch that can’t control her magic abilities.

I was so happy to see Luke and
Heather andrews
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hannah sometimes just blurts things out, "what came out was, “You’re megahot.” Vaughn is a protective one, "...Vaughn leapt to his feet, putting himself between Hannah and the intruder. “Stay back!” he snarled, his voice a dangerous rumble, full of his beast." I liked this book, I fell in love with Vaughn.
All Things Urban Fantasy
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review courtesy of All Things Urban Fantasy

TOUCH THE SKY is a thrilling paranormal romance with an engaging plot, that while fun, tended to drag a little. I think my issue was that absolutely everything was resolved at the last one-third of the book and pretty much not an inch of information is given up until then. Granted the mysteries were good enough for me to want to push through some of the slog. I liked the series plotline involving kidnapped shifters and while I've definitely read this ty
Up All Night With Books
Sep 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Magical Stars
Review by Nancy
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

Touch the Sky by Kari Cole is a blood-tingling, mystical, spellbinding read. It is the second book in the Mated by Fate series, I for one did not read the first book and still thoroughly enjoyed this one.

Sheriff Vaughn Ellis is a rare specimen of a man, a double-shifter. Always being looked down on for being born a double-shifter, he is wary of people. Vaughn keeps his distance and doesn’t trust easily. Until Hannah Coch
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Touch the Sky is a heart-pumping, mysterious, romance with shifters and magic! Hannah and Vaughn have an unconventional relationship. Hannah is on the run, she's scared and jumpy of every shadow. She has reasons to be. Vaughn is the Sheriff and is paranoid. He has reasons to be. Can two people who have problems with trust find their way together?

Hannah is a conflicting character. She's strong and tough but she's also vulnerable and scared. I liked her a lot but found myself screaming at her "Te
Stacy
Sep 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, requested
TOUCH THE SKY is book two in the Mated by Fate series by Kari Cole.

I enjoyed Vaughn's character in book one, so was excited to see him start his journey to his HEA. Hannah was new to me, but I was intrigued with her character from the opening of TOUCH THE SKY and enjoyed learning about her story.

There was a lot of action in TOUCH THE SKY and the danger the characters were put in made for some thrilling scenes. There was a nice pace to the story and the mystery was easy to follow.

I wasn't feelin
Ang -PNR Book Lover Reviews
This was so bad, I didn't like it at all. I honestly thought I would have enjoyed it, but I didn't. I read the first couple chapters like hmm okay... but then after that It was just getting worse for me, I couldn't get into the character Hannah. The writing wasn't bad, it was good. but I think it took WAY too long for it to be finished. This is part of a series, I wasn't too confused, but it is what it is. Wasn't for me!
Dawn Liddle
Sep 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
* I received a free copy to read and review for wicked read a review team *

I've loved Vaughn from the first book, I'm so glad he got his own book.

Hannah was a character that I've never really seen before in shifter books, a mix between witch and shifter. I loved that she just wanted to protect everyone, especially Vaughn.

The story is still unwrapping itself and it just keeps getting better, I really can't wait to see where it goes.

I'm not going to lie though, my favourite character is Frost
Lucinda Race
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
The second book in the Mated by Fate trilogy was well paced and the characters were fun to get to know. Up next the final book in this intriguing series.
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
*****3.5******

I just adored Hunt the Moon and was excited to see Sherrif Vaughn get his own book as he was a character that really intrigued me. I loved getting to know him better and to see the struggles he has had in life because of him being a duel shifter.

Hannah was a great compliment to Vaughn. A duel shifter as well, she pushes Vaughn to look past his suspicions to bring out his protective side. They are drawn to each other, even when they don't want to be and it was fun to see them play
Chris
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read

This book was a great romantic tail with a Thrill Ride thrown in for good measure. Oh my God, I loved this book. I can't wait to read the next one. Where is it coming out?
Ginny Frost
Sep 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! All the great characters, all the intrigue. I can't wait to find out where the series is going. And Vaughn...whoa, hubba hubba
Bookish
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read an ARC copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher for an honest review. This does not affect my opinion or content in my review.
Forget tigers, lions, and bears. Wolves, eagles, and witches are where it’s at for this story and my oh my was it an interesting read. Touch The Sky is Kari Cole is the second installment in her debut series Mated by Fate, and while the story was interesting and a fun read, I found myself having some hangups that actually caused this one to not meet my e
Angel Hatfield
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hannah’s mother asked her what she was doing in the private bathroom in her father’s law office. She said she would be out shortly. Then her mother told her to hurry up as her father’s guests were arriving. Hannah had never been so sick. She couldn’t figure out what was wrong with her. Werewolves didn’t get viruses. Every since her afternoon coffee fix she had gotten worse. It was the law firms annual holiday party and it required all hands on deck to charm the clients into more billable hours. ...more
Jacque
Hannah has stumbled into quite an ugly situation and is now on the run for her life. Turning to her cousin for help with her out of control powers, she meets the local Sheriff and finds herself in conflict. He’s sexy and attractive but he’s the law and she’s on the run. What’s a girl to do! Vaughn has struggled his whole life as a double-shifter, not really being accepted by either kind. Rejected by one, treated leery by the other has given him serious trust issues. His wolf and eagle are always ...more
One chapter more
Nov 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Half werewolf half witch Hannah didn't have an easy life. Hiding her duality from her pack, never really feeling the unity with them made her life difficult, however when her family is murdered she's on the run. Her secret is not save with her anymore, especially when her witch gifts discover the horror that happen to other young shapeshifters like her. Can she trust with her life Sheriff Vaughn Ellis who has his own dark secrets?

Let me start with saying that I absolutely love this type of para
Gigi staub
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-netgalley, arc

Gieselle Staub
12:18 PM (1 minute ago)
to me

Keep to yourself. Focus on the job.

The product of a witch/werewolf pairing, Hannah Cochran gets the odd-wolf-out thing. But when she uncover
Stacy Sabala
Jun 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, suspense
Book Review- Touch of the Sky by Kari Cole

Hannah is on the run and ends up at her aunt’s house. She needs to get a handle on her ability. You aren’t quite sure what’s going on at first. The opening scene of the book is chocking but doesn’t give much information. So, you learn bits and pieces as the story evolves.
Vaughn is the sheriff of the town Hannah ends ups in. He has his own battle brewing. I like the idea he is part wolf and part eagle. It completely affects how people view him.
Hannah show
Sara Thompson
Nov 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, electronic
Let's start with that I didn't know this was a sequel when I picked it up. I'm not sure I would have if I had known. However, this is written so that you don't have to have read the first book. There is a lot of recap which might get annoying if you did read the first one (but since I didn't, I really appreciated it).
I really enjoyed this story. Once I started, it was hard to put down. I'm thinking of looking for the first book and keeping an eye out for the next one.
While this is a romance, th
Holly
Touch the Sky is the second book in Kari Cole's Mated by Fate series. I did not read book one and, though some things are referenced, don't feel like I missed anything.

I liked the writing and the premise. Cassandra/Hannah got on my nerves now and again with how cagey she was and I didn't like that her past 10 or so months were kept such a mystery to the reader. I had already pretty much figured out what happened. Why it had to be hinted at but not explained didn't make sense. I liked Vaughn mor
Jessica Kimbel
Dec 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: publisher
Touch the Sky is the second book in the Mated by Fate series, which details the start of the relationship between the town Sheriff, Vaughn and Hannah, an out of town werewolf from a pack in Atlanta. Vaughn and Hannah must overcome several roadblocks in order to complete their mating dance and mark each other as mates, including someone trying to kill Hannah, Vaughn’s status as a dual blood shifter, and Vaughn’s past secrets that return to threaten their new relationship.

I liked this book, but I
Suanne
Nov 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, paranormal
I enjoy a good shifter romance with good world building, whether that setting be contemporary or fantasy. I also look for a sexy but plausible-feeling Hero and heroine. Touch the Sky, like its predecessor, Hunt the Moon, comes close. Vaughn is sheriff and beta of his wolf-shifter pack. He is a eagle/wolf shifter blend, which puts him on the outside of the pack, looked down on as a mixed breed. When Hannah, a witch/wolf shifter blend comes to town, the heat between them is instantaneous. I enjoye ...more
Jessi
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Vaughn defies the rules of weres. He the offspring of a wolf shifter and an eagle shifter, a rare double-were. Even his own pack doesn't completely accept him.
Hannah's on the run from some very bad dudes. She's only in Montana to talk to her cousin Jessie about how to control the psychometric talent that is suddenly causing her to have seizures despite the blocks she's had in place since her childhood. But there's some bad dudes experimenting on the weres and they're bringing the fight to Vaughn
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Touch the Sky by Kari Cole is book Two in the Mated by Fate series. This is the story of Vaughn Elli and Hannah Cochran. I have read the previous book, but feel you can make this a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Hannah found her self in a bad situation that made run for her life. Hannah meets Vaughn who is the Sheriff in this new town for her. Vaughn is a double shifter which has cause issue for him sometimes. Both are special shifters which with trust and time things start to come out th
poppy
Nov 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: ng
This is the second book in the Mated by Fate and I think they really need to be read in order. I read and enjoyed the first book and could not wait to try this one and while I did not enjoy it quite as much as the first one it was still a good interesting original read that will hold your interest all the way to the last page. The characters were good and likable, it is a great read for all shifter fans.
Jaycee Jarvis
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic installment in the Mated by Fate series. I loved this story of a woman on the run who ends up in the arms of a lawman. Both Vaughn and Hannah are misfits negotiating a difficult situation, and Cole handles their hang-ups and complex relationship with depth and feeling. Can't wait for the next book in the series!
Kari Cole is an award-winning author of paranormal romances. Her action-packed stories have earned several awards, including the Romance Writers of America’s Golden Heart®, Kiss of Death’s Daphne du Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery/Suspense, and Toronto Romance Writers’ Catherine. She lives in upstate New York with her college sweetheart, two way-too-smart-for-their-own-good sons, and a rid ...more

Mated by Fate (2 books)