Start by marking “Something About You (Saint and Lucky, #1)” as Want to Read:
Something About You (Saint and Lucky, #1)

Something About You

(Saint and Lucky #1)

Lucky Tyler Holloway has never felt particularly lucky. Frankly, he's as regular as can be. He works construction with his brothers, loves his small-town life, and shares a close bond with his family, especially his grandmother. Okay, so maybe he has a few secrets in his closet, like his bisexuality…and that other thing he doesn’t talk about…

Grayson ‘Saint’ St. Claire
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 306 pages
Published June 17th 2018 by Riley Hart

To ask other readers questions about Something About You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Something About You

Start your review of Something About You (Saint and Lucky, #1)
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
What went wrong?

Maybe it was Saint, who was the epitome of every asshat I dated in L.A.: flashy car, arrogant attitude, cocky as fuck, fucking around like a bunny. He was even in PR! UGH. SO L.A. And I don't mean that in a good way.

Maybe it was Tyler/Lucky, who was antagonist toward Saint for seemingly no reason, although I was antagonistic too, so I can't really blame him.

Maybe it's the rather drama llama plot starring Alice, her husband, and her son (Saint's dad); it was a tearjerker. Or,
Nazanin
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was ok
DNF @ 43%

It's me, not the book! My mind was wandering and I couldn't concentrate! Maybe my expectation for this book was too high but I lost interest the deeper I went into the story. I didn't like both MCs, I couldn't connect with them! Actually, their judgmental side was annoying to me! Hope you like it more than me, though!
Cadiva
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is just a truly beautiful romance. There's little in the way of angst, it's gentle and perfect for a read when you just want to see love happening between two people who weren't expecting it.

It's not ordinary though, Riley's storytelling is too good for it to ever be that. There's a secret love element, there's an absolutely fabulous secret kink element that I'm not going to spoil but which is incredibly sexy and quite a turn on.

There's an accepting family and a best friend who gives the
Christelle
**3.5 stars**

Saint : 32 yo, big shot in LA, no family, confident, even a bit cocky, openly bisexual,…
Lucky : 24 yo, living in a small town, handyman by day, loving to help others, loves his big family especially his Mum and Nana, tagged as a “golden boy”, knows he’s bisexual but no experience with men and a secret kink : manties.

You get it : they are quite opposite. They meet when Lucky contacts Saint to let him know he still has a living grandmother. Surprised, Saint decides to go and meet her
.Lili.
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m
Something About You by Riley Hart is the story of two whose lives are intertwined. Lucky Tyler Holloway is the small town hero who helps everyone in town but is especially close to his grandma Helen and her best friend, Alice. Helen confides in Tyler about Alice's grandson and takes it upon himself to contact him.

Grayson St. Clair had no idea his grandmother was still alive until he receives an email from Tyler. He tries to ignore it and keep going about his life but in the end, decides to go
Chris
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
This really was a warm romance. The reuniting of a family and the further exploration of self. Lucky was a beautiful soul, everyone’s friend and someone to be relied upon. He loved his Nana and Alice and put everyone’s needs ahead of his. After tracking down Saint and looking to reunite Alice with her grandson he realized he may have fallen for this insufferable cocky guy from LA. So the story continues with layers of pain and fear being peeled away until the realization and declaration of love ...more
Amanda
Really love this one. We have a small town golden boy, Tyler aka Lucky and a POC hero from LA. Tyler grew up and live in Cottage Cove his whole life and never tempted to venture out. Coming from a big family and love by everyone, he couldn't ask for more although he would prefer to have a chance to explore his bisexuality. When Tyler's grandma told him about her best friend, Alice's long lost grandson, Tyler made an effort to contact Grayson St. Claire. Although he wishes for Grayson to be ...more
Nat ReadingAllNite
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is a slightly different sort of storytelling than I recall from Riley Hart although I haven’t read some of her more recent offerings. It’s a good different though, an easygoing, slowly unfolding City Boy/Country Boy romance. Tyler dislikes his first name, Lucky, bestowed on him for his ”oops baby” status, youngest of five siblings. He’s been sheltered and protected by his family and chafes under their well-intentioned care, trying to forge his own independence. He adores his
Nile Princess
I'm finally coming to grips with the fact that I just can't with Riley Hart anymore. I just can't. I don't know what happened. I LOVED (there is no font big enough) her Blackcreek series, and I was waiting with baited breath for her to do a book 2 of her construction series (never materialized), but I have DNF'd the last three or four books I've read by her. I tried desperately to think it was just a fluke but, alas, it seems not.

The good in this book:

The interracial angle is done right! You
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
So... This book was in my to read list for a while.
Finally I decided to read it, but I didn't love it. It's a good book and I love this author, but this story didn't convince me much.
The family drama didn't really affect me, and I didn't felt the connection between the mcs. Sure, they were awfully hot together and the steam was really really good, but I don't think they could work as a couple in the long run.
I'm not sure if I'll read the next book in the series, I'm not curious enough at the
Gabi
Jun 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
It felt like I was dropped in a Nicholas Sparks movie. ;) (Minus the honey-dripping sweetness.)

Saint got an email from a guy named Tyler, stating that his grandmother is alive. After a month of hesitation Saint decided on a whim, he’s going to the little town where his father grew up. His parents died in a plane crash and he didn’t have any family left, or so he thought.

Upon arrival he meets the guy who sent him the email. Lucky and Saint had an instant dislike towards each other.

Lucky is a
Joyfully Jay
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: michelle
A Joyfully Jay review.

4 stars

A new Riley Hart book will always make me take a second look and while I have had some uneven experiences with this author, I enjoyed getting to know Saint and Tyler and the small town where most of the story takes place. Tyler is known as the golden boy as he is the youngest of five and works hard to take care of everyone around him. He always puts others first and enjoys being close to his family and his best friend, Sienna. He hasn’t ventured far from small town
Phelp
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
3.25

I didn’t hate this book but I didn’t love it either...

Idk it had the potential to be so good but it somehow missed the mark to me...

Maybe the ending spoiled it for me it made no sense with the plot that that was their decision...it was a HFN and I’m wondering if maybe another book is coming which I probably won’t read but I see all kinds of trouble heading their way.

MillsyLovesBooks
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Something About You is a wonderful story of family, friendship and love.

I'm not going into all what happens in this story the blurb gives enough. To give even more i think will take away from a beautiful read. There is just so much to fall in love with, from Saint and Lucky's story. From a small town boy, meeting a big city boy and them find what was missing in their lives through each other. To a truly beautiful family, wonderful friendships and a close nit community. I loved it all.

Also we
Jenny Wood
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whoa, hey, hot cover!

So, I’m in love with Lucky and Saint. Let’s discuss, why?

Lucky is the epitome of the boy next door. Small town, Mayberry type town, where everyone knows you and has since birth. He’s the baby of his family, and even though his family is very protective of him, he’s the one who doesn’t know a stranger, and helps everyone when he can. Always. He’s his Grandma’s favorite, and how can he not be? He’s so polite and respectful and helpful. He’s just a sweet guy. All around
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jun 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lbr, mm, ebook

This was another great story by Ms. Hart. Two guys from different ends of the spectrum – Lucky is a handyman with a large, caring family, sheltered but doing well in a small town but with little options to explore his sexuality; Saint is a successful PR executive who thinks he has no family after losing his parents, who grew up in the City and likes to keep things casual. Lucky is instrumental in introducing Saint to the grandmother he didn’t know he had, and their relationship grows soon after
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 5 Steam Fans

Wowzer does this story cover so many relevant topics!! Saint and Lucky are two people looking for something in life, love, family, and within themselves. Lucky contacts Saint about his long lost family member, Saint wants to discover more about his family but doesn't know if he wants to change his current lifestyle. The two of them find truths that they didn't want to believe and new connections that change their lives. There are so much LGBTQA+ topics and conversations
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
Once again Riley Hart has written a powerful, amazingly beautiful story. Saint and Lucky are going to the top of my list.

Lucky and Saint’s story is a beautiful one. It’s about finding out where you come from. Secrets being revealed. Family standing by you no matter what. Being true to who you really are. Being able to express yourself the way you want without judgement. Being able to find love and live your life to its full advantage.

I can’t wait to see what Mrs. Hart comes out with next.
Fatimama
Jun 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This was ok. I appreciate the interracial couple so this gets 3 stars. Not sure how memorable this would be in the long run.
Mimi
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it

What can you say about these two totally different people. Saint and Lucky make you want to root for their happy ending. And the sexy panties was a bonus. Onto book two.
Heather Martin
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Something About You is a standalone book by Riley Hart, and in my opinion, this is a classic Riley Hart book. I fell in love with this author’s writing when I read Crossroads and years later, nothing has changed for me. Riley writes diverse, imperfect characters and this book is no exception. She surrounds her characters with memorable supporting characters that just further brings a story to life.

Saint and Lucky were a true picture of opposites attract. One man is black and one is white; one
Kirk
Jun 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtq, m-m-romance
You’ve got the framework of the story from the blurb so I’ll not rehash it, I just want to tell you how the book made me feel and what I took from it.

Now and again a book comes out and it’s the perfect comfort read; just ideal for a rainy afternoon with a big mug of tea. This is one of those books and it contained everything I wanted for a really great read. I smiled a lot reading Tyler and Saint’s story and there were moments that were terribly sad. I loved the small town setting; a place where
Jenn's Book Obsession
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
GOOD LAWDY RILEY HART!!! I am absolutely in love with this story. Riley Hart delivers such an amazing, beautiful and well written story of two men who could not be any more opposite from each other but fit so fucking perfectly together. It was just a truly amazing read with such great characters.

I really don't think I can get enough of these two guys. I was so upset when I finished reading this book. I did not want it to end. I devoured this book in less than a day. I can't even say which
Cee Brown
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
.•*).•*).•*)
(.• 4.5 stars for "Saint and the golden boy."

What is it about Riley Hart and her sexy as eff characters? The heat between Saint and Tyler scorched off the page like the volcanic eruptions of Mount Pelée. There was never a time these two were on page together and I didn't want to hose myself off with ice cold water. Yes, Tyler was small town boy with small town qualities and Saint was an @rseho!e at the beginning, but that only made their story more interesting. I had heard so much
DepictonFiction
Lucky and Saint. Couldn’t get used to the names but that’s silly me.
I haven’t read all of the books by Riley Hart, but I like her style. The cover is hot and accurate. An interracial couple, but that’s not the point or focus and I was glad for that.
Both men are bisexual. Saint is a city boy with an open mind and lots of sexual experience. Lucky is a small town boy, with no experience with men. When those two worlds collide you’ve got fireworks.
No 5 stars because I found it a bit too long.
Melisa
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lucia
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m
4.5 Loved Lucky's little secret kink.
Barb ~rede-2-read~
A very nice story from Riley Hart. A little different from what I expected, but a good romance nevertheless. A brief stop at a restaurant in Virginia brought an unexpected surprise - Nick and Bryce from Crossroads, my favorite MM couple.

I grabbed this to read since I had a chance to read book two for review. I'm happy I picked it up. Lucky was a terrific character and Saint turned out to be so much more than I expected, with a good depth of character. I must not fail to mention Lucky's panty
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Hudson's Luck (Forever Wilde #4)
  • Smoke in the Mirror (Road to Blissville, #5)
  • Trick Play (Fake Boyfriend, #2)
  • Made Mine (Made Marian, #8)
  • A Little Bit like Desire (South Haven, #2)
  • Love Me Louder
  • #Burn (Fever Falls, #2)
  • The Truth Within (Pelican Bay #3)
  • Private Charter
  • Risk Taker (Mixed Messages, #3)
  • Galaxies and Oceans
  • Tangled Up In You
  • Unwritten Law (Steele Brothers #1)
  • Priest (Confessions, #3)
  • Flirt (Forever Wilde, #4.5)
  • His Saint (Forever Wilde #5)
  • The Swap
  • Heart (Ballsy Boys #3)
Riley Hart is the girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She's a hopeless romantic. A lover of sexy stories, passionate men, and writing about all the trouble they can get into together. If she's not writing, you'll probably find her reading.

Riley lives in California with her awesome family, who she is thankful for everyday.

Saint and Lucky (2 books)
  • Something About Us (Saint and Lucky #2)