Start by marking “Bayou Midnight (New Orleans Nights Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Bayou Midnight (New Orleans Nights Book 2)

Bayou Midnight

(New Orleans Nights #2)

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
New Orleans nights are as intriguing as the lives of three friends raised together on the city’s streets. Lifelong solidarity has seen each man through difficult times, but challenges still lurk in the Big Easy, where love is always complicated–but worth any struggle.

Homicide detective Sam Long is determined to solve his latest case, but he can’t move forward without help
Published July 15th 2018 by Emilie Richards (first published April 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Bayou Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bayou Midnight

Kathryn
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bayou Midnight is the second book in the New Orleans trilogy by Emilie Richards. It is a revised and updated version of a previously published book. These books are set in New Orleans before hurricane Katrina changed it up so much.

As a reader not familiar with this part of the world I have to say I was fascinated by the setting that Emilie Richards describes so well. I was on my computer researching who cajuns are and their history. I know the author dearly loves this place, myself I'd be a lit
Saly
The hero of this book annoyed me like he did in Lady of the Night as well, Sam was just so wish-washy constantly hurting Antoinette, starting something with her and backing off and again and again.
Sam didn't grow up with the best home life and attention and on his way to a life of crime found the Cajun side of his family and embraced the law, becoming a cop. He considers himself a loner and with only a place for the job in his life, he asks for Antoinette's help with a case(he's a non-believer)
Terri
Shelves: arc, street-team-book
This is a revamp of an earlier Romantic Suspense novel by Emilie Richards. You know that right off the bat by what an integral part of the story the main character’s cigarette smoking plays in her managing her stress. Although the smoking is a little weird for these days (I don’t think I’ve read a romance in decades that mentioned smoking besides this series), there is absolutely no way Ms. Richards could have taken it out during the modernization and kept the story intact.
The setting is pre-Kat
Marjorie
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This second book in this New Orleans Nights series is a great suspense book and can be read as a stand alone. Detective Sergeant Sam Long is one of three friends who grew up together on the streets of New Orleans. Now that Sam turned out well as a cop in New Orleans, they have kept in touch and each have their own adult story. With his tough childhood, no one influenced Sam as much as his Uncle Claude, who lives amongst the bayous and swamps. When Sam was young, he spent a couple of years there ...more
Cathy
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the New Orleans Nights series. You do not have to read the books in order but the characters are mentioned so if you have read the first book you will understand who they are. Antoinette Deveraux is a psychologist who is trying to give up smoking. She is having a hard time giving up her long-loved habit. She tries to use it as a learning experience so that she would remember when she became impatient with people who refused to give up a habit that was damaging them. Po ...more
Kate
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another updated rerelease of a romantic suspense novel by Emilie Richards. The first book in the series is Lady of the Night, but this book can stand alone.

Sam and Antoinette meet when Sam, a police detective needs help with a child witness to a crime. Antoinette is a child psychologist and might be able to help the little girl remember what she saw.

Sam and Antoinette are attracted to each other, but Sam is afraid to get too deep into a relationship with Antoinette.

As the investigation
Delores
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
A real introduction into Louisiana bayou culture. I have never before felt such a sense of the reality of the swamps in anything else I have read about Louisiana and the bayou culture. The details and descriptions are fantastic, but I am not sure it is a place I would want to visit, The story of Sam and Antionette is intriguing--and the resolution of the mystery and ending--or new chapter--to their story kept me reading long past my bedtime. Antoinette 's vice definitely dates the original book. ...more
Terry Guerra
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bayou Midnight had me from the start! The story about New Orleans homicide detective Sam solving his latest case while trying to figure out his feelings for Antoinette, a psychologist he enlisted to help, has love, mystery, and suspense. The way Emilie Richards weaves it all together, including the interesting lifestyle of the Cajun people, is intriguing! This #2 book in the New Orleans Nights series does not disappoint!
Kathy Dean
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The plot of this second book in the New Orleans Nights series lends itself perfectly to the murky swamps of Louisiana. The mystery that unfolds coincides with the mysterious bayou and culture of the Cajun people. Romance and well developed characters allows the reader to identify with life’s challenges and a never ending desire to love and be loved. Another great romantic mystery by Emilie Richards. I recommend it especially after reading Lady of The Night.
Kathy Dean
Kelly
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
We met Sam in Lady of the Night, and this is his story of finding that special someone. Sam is something of a loner, believing that he isn’t worth that someone special to love. When he meets Dr. Antoinette Deveraux he’s like a light switch, on and off over and over until he’s shot and he realizes how wrong he was. You do not need to read Lady of the Night to read this book, but Joshua and Maggie do make an appearance or two in Bayou Midnight!
SOMDReigel
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
A romantic suspense focusing on a New Orleans Detective Sergeant and a psychologist. Characters are well developed and the setting well defined. The build to their romance is a back and forth leading up to their HEA.
Helen Gentry
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here is a story of reluctant romance, suspense and wicked intrigue. I enjoyed it very much.
I was given this book by the author.
Janet Friesner
Jul 16, 2018 rated it liked it
This second book in this series was equally as good as the first one. Have preordered number three which comes out next month. Truly enjoying the series. Very readable.
Sylvia
Brittany Farrell
Jan 04, 2017
Elizabeth Lawrence
Sep 21, 2018
I'm the author of seventy-something novels, including romance, women's fiction and mystery. When We Were Sisters debuted in June 2016, a stand alone novel about two foster sisters traveling back into their past together. I loved writing it and love the cover my publisher chose.

I'm also excited about my recent series, Goddesses Anonymous, which started with One Mountain Away and was followed by So

New Orleans Nights (3 books)
  • Lady of the Night (New Orleans Nights) (Volume 1)
  • Night Magic (New Orleans Nights Book 3)