Start by marking “Fright Into Flight” as Want to Read:
Fright Into Flight

Fright Into Flight

From the earliest depictions of winged goddesses to the delicate, paperwinged fairies of the Victorians, from valiant Valkyries to cliff-dwelling harpies, from record-setting pilots to fearless astronauts, women have long since claimed their place in the skies, among the clouds and beyond.

Word Horde presents Fright Into Flight, the debut anthology from Amber Fa
Published September 4th 2018 by Word Horde

To ask other readers questions about Fright Into Flight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fright Into Flight

Start your review of Fright Into Flight
Sadie Hartmann Mother Horror
Aug 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!!
I want to thank Ross over at Word Horde for being so incredibly kind to me over the years and sending me books to read and review. Definitely one of my favorite indie publishers out there.
Fright Into Flight is one of my favorite anthologies now and I'll forever recommend it for several reasons.
Reason #1. I think Amber Fallon did an amazing job curating this collection. If someone asked me, I could probably point to the stories that I think inspired this theme--most l
Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
3.5 Stars
So often I hear readers complain about a lack of female authors writing in the horror genre. However, those assumptions are simply not true. This anthology goes to show that the horror genre is alive and well with so many fantastic female voices!

I absolutely love the backstory behind the creation of this collection. Last year, when Stephen King edited an all-male horror anthology, Amber Fallen responded by curating this anthology featuring a diverse lineup of all-female author
Emily
Aug 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fright Into Flight was such a great collection. These are all stories specifically by women related to flight in some way. I was introduced to quite a few authors I hadn't read before, and I can't wait to check out more of their work.

With the exception of one, I absolutely loved every story in here. The one story I didn't care for definitely wasn't bad; I just didn't love it. So many of them were 5⭐, though. My top favorites were The Floating Girls: A Documentary by Damien Angelica Walters, I D
Audra (ouija.doodle.reads)
My huge thanks to WordHorde for sending me a copy of this one to read and review.

This is an important collection, and a hugely successful one in my opinion. I have already been sharing my love for it and will definitely be recommending it to people who want a good horror anthology, are interested in trying out some new authors they might not have heard of, or just can't get enough of the ladies of horror fiction!

One of the main reasons I was itching to get my hands on thi
Becky Spratford
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review coming to Booklist Magazine and blog in September
Chelsea (chelsea.wilde)
Jul 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
”Maybe, somewhere deep down in our reptilian brains, we know that the sky doesn’t belong to us humans. We might borrow it sometimes, poke our shiny sky scrapers and our pretty parachutes into its blue vastness, but we will never truly own it.”

We didn’t ask, but Fallon definitely delivered. Anthologies for me are rarely a 5 star read because there must be a dud or 2 in there but this is a solid collection of stories that did not disappoint. From girls floating off into space to space witches to
Sam Edwards
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This anthology is a great curation of some of the greatest living writers in the weird fiction/horror genre. Favorites include Nadia Bulkin's "And then She Was Bad," along with stories from Gemma Files, Izzy Lee, and many others.
Larry
Jul 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This collection is OK. I am not a fan of horror, and this collection did not change my mind about that. None of the stories seemed particularly horrifying. However, three of the stories stick in my mind.

"The Floating Girls: A Documentary," by Damien Angelica Walters.
This story is a jewel with surprising depth. The anguish of the narrator is more powerful for being understated. There is almost no plot, but theme and atmosphere carry the story.

"Consent," by Nancy Baker