Start by marking “The McCaffertys: Thorne (The McCaffertys, #1)” as Want to Read:
The McCaffertys: Thorne (The McCaffertys, #1)

The McCaffertys: Thorne (The McCaffertys #1)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  443 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
The Millionaire CEO: Thorne McCafferty

His Reputation: Rich, rugged and ruthless. He would rather lose his fortune than get caught at the altar.

His Dilemma: Not letting a beguiling beauty take possession of his heart.

Thorne had returned to Montana with one thing on his mind...and it wasn't romance. Yet from the moment he came face-to-face with former flame Nicole Stevenson,

Mass Market, 248 pages
Published November 1st 2005 by HQN Books (first published December 1st 2000)

To ask other readers questions about The McCaffertys, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The McCaffertys

Jonel Boyko
Jan 09, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this novel. It was down to earth and real, while being hot and racy, and simultaneously hot and spicy. Jackson works a bit of everything into this brilliant tale that will capture your heart.

Jackson paints a brilliant picture of Montana, placing her amazing characters perfectly within its scope. A great deal happens in this story without becoming rushed or overdone. Jackson takes the time to expand on each element while ensuring that her readers remain engaged. She develops
Terri
Feb 18, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lisa-jackson
This is good story.. Lisa had written many series on MCaffertys books.
Mrs. Garen L. Herd
Good read

There's laughter, crying, romance, a little sex, mystery and anger. They were lovers years ago and now they are both back in town.....older, wiser, and still attracted. Highly recommend.
Trish R.
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was ok
At 62% I'm done..

Jeez, did they have to keep talking out loud to themselves, so someone could “huh?” or “what did you say?” Too many inner thoughts are bad enough but when they’re saying them out loud it’s just silly. And going on a horseback ride date when it’s freezing outside in a SKIRT? Give me a break, and then Thorne has Nicole outside UNDRESSED and ready to have sex, didn't say anything about a blanket at any time so I'm assuming he just put her down on the cold dirty ground and went at i
ArtfullySinful
First book in the McCaffertys series. Random, their step sister, falls into labor just as an accident forces her into a coma. Her three brothers of another mother, yet a same father; Slade, Thorne, and Matt, struggle to juggle their lives and now the baby, they named J.R after their father John Randall.

Thorne falls fir the doctor, Nicole Stevenson, mother of twin girls, Mindy and Molly after a divorce from workaholic husband. After a plane crash that sends Throne to the hospital, he send dozens
Persis Menon
I'm only halfway through the book right now but I've already checked thrice to see that the author isn't Nora Roberts. The book is a very light read. Frivolous and not having much of a story line and bare remnants of a mystery. The story line also doesn't really catch you and make you want to read. Nothing to hold your interest. So far it's a 1 star...

...The book now done, I can clearly say that my views have not changed one bit!! The thread of a mystery that we are to be following is still hang
Patricia Solla
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
This is the first book of a series of stories about the McCaffertys. Thorne is the oldest brother. His only sister has been involved in a car accident and he comes home to be at her side. When he gets to the hospital he finds and old flame is the ER doctor caring for his sister. Does he still love her? Does she still love him? What has happened with their lives since high school? What happens with his sister? Lots going on, good action and a to-be-continued part of the storyline.
Joni
Sep 19, 2016 rated it liked it
Thorne and Nicole's story, the first in the series. The book was and easy read and entertaining. I give it 3 1/2 stars. What bothered my about the book was a horseback ride in the middle of winter that led to an outdoor love scene. All I could think when reading it was, "isn't she cold?" Silly I know but it still bothered me, the barn would have been warmer. Anyway, I did enjoy this story.
Dee Brewer
Jan 17, 2011 rated it liked it
Not as good as I had thought it would be. It's part of a set and the mystery of Randi's (Thorne's sister) car accident is under investigation. I expected more out of Thorne as far as getting back with his old girlfriend, Nicole. It was an okay read. I won't reread it.
Suze
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
THE MCCAFFERTYS-THORNE

Very good romantic story, a rekindling of an old romance. Nicole has every reason to be suspicious of Thorne's intentions, but she falls for him anyway. I would have given this five stars except the story continues in the next book.
Ruth
Jun 16, 2013 added it
very good
Wandyk oneal
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is part of of set they are great books I really enjoyed them
Tami
Jan 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
caught my attention from the first page and had enough twist and turns loved it
Kim Holmes rogers
Aug 18, 2016
Regina S. Konior
Jul 21, 2016
MummyOfSeven
rated it did not like it
Mar 04, 2013
Mallory
rated it it was ok
Jan 16, 2017
Feb 22, 2016
  • Outlaw (Medieval Trilogy, #3)
  • Permed to Death (Bad Hair Day Mystery, #1)
  • Murder by the Slice (A Fresh-Baked Mystery, #2)
  • The Loner
  • Baby Twins: Parents Needed
  • Expecting A Miracle
  • All That Matters (Moretti #2)
  • The Millionaire's Nanny Arrangement
  • Killer Mousse (A Della Cooks Mystery #1)
  • Callaghan's Bride (Long, Tall Texans, #17)
  • Hounding the Pavement (Dog Walker Mysteries, #1)
  • Otherwise Engaged (Sunrise Key Trilogy #3)
  • A Stone Creek Christmas (Stone Creek, #4)
  • Luke (Armed and Dangerous #2)
  • Gotcha! (Tall, Hot & Texan, #1)
  • The Rancher and the Runaway Bride (Hawk's Way #2)
  • Die Gebannte (Die Alchimistin, #3)

Lisa Jackson is the number-one New York Times bestselling author of more than 85 novels, including Afraid to Die, Tell Me, You Don’t Want to Know, Running Scared, Without Mercy, Malice, and Shiver.  She is also the co-author of the Colony Series, co-written with her sister, Nancy Bush. There are over 20 million copies of Lisa Jackson’s books in print in twenty languages.

Before she became a natio

More about Lisa Jackson...

The McCaffertys (4 books)
  • The McCaffertys: Matt (The McCaffertys, #2)
  • Slade (The McCaffertys, #3)
  • The McCaffertys: Randi (The McCaffertys, #4)