Start by marking “Finders Keepers (Fairy Tales After Dark Book 2)” as Want to Read:
Finders Keepers (Fairy Tales After Dark Book 2)

Finders Keepers (Fairy Tales After Dark Book 2)

A dangerous past…
Jayla Solonga is a woman on the run. Hiding for the better part of five years from her abusive ex, Jeffrey Alwazir, she’s moved from state to state, keeping watch over her shoulder, never settling down for long. She’s transformed herself from the shy, fearful girl, into a strong, resourceful woman—one who feels safer shutting out the rest of the world. Th
Published June 26th 2018 by Deep Desires Press

To ask other readers questions about Finders Keepers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Finders Keepers

Maria
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the second book and it was so much better.
The main characters are nice and funny. And there a a couple of really hot scenes.
The one in the bike wowwww
And the massage was of the charts. I think I’m in need of one of those.

I read the book in a couple of hours, is very entertained, a little predictable but good.

There were a few hole in the plot, like the security in the MC apartment.

I liked the patience’s and care of Alister with Jayla, he was hot and sweet. I’m not into the bdsm but with a
Darkreads
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this second installment in Jessica Collins' modern fairytale retelling. This time Ms. Collins tackled the story of Alladin. This book follows Jayla on her journey of recovery from being abused by her husband. Jayla is a very strong and likable heroine. She is surrounded by a great group of friends including Belle and Aleksander from Stealing Beauty. I loved getting a peek into Belle and Aleks and seeing how their relationship progressed. Of course I can't write this review and n ...more
Mona williams
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
wow couldnt put this book down til the end. kept me on the edge of my seat. she has gotten away from her abusive ex . who almost killed her. now she has been on the run for years. she meets a guy that could change her life forever. still there is fear lurking in the back of her mind. a must read for sure!
Rahmayanti
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
My first from this author and i fall in love!
Now, usually when author said retelling of a fairy tale, its usually have tons of sex and sex and more sex without feelings or characters to die for. But Jessica Collins give me more.
Retelling from Alladin, the author give me story of love, passion, lust, evil, and finally finding your self. Allistair and Jayla story will hooked you from the first page.
I love how the author bring out Allistair and Jayla to live.
The dirty talker yet sweet Al. Dominan
Patricia Eddy
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed Finders Keepers. Jessica Collins takes a modern twist on the fairy tale, Aladdin and shows us the story of Jayla and Alistair.

I loved how Ms. Collins portrayed Jayla's recovery from her former partner's abuse. There are very real emotions there, and very real reactions. But what I loved most about the book was the back and forth between Jalya and Alistair. All too often, love after abuse stories end up with the abused party simply falling for the love interest without a lot
Mandy
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jessica Collins. What can I say, I hate her - I love her

The webs she weaves from just a simple fairy tale rewritten into such a way that I was pulled in from the very first chapter. The characters in this book were written so well.
Kayla was a lost soul until she found what she didn’t know she was looking for. She had everything until that night. Her life changed. I laughed and I cried but in the end I was satisfied that all was right in the world.

This is the second book in her Fairy Tales Afte
A
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Finders Keepers is gripping, dark and sexy and it kept me reading into the night. Jayla is trying to escape her sinister past and in the midst of being on the run she finds herself with a tight knit group of friends that help her reawaken her musical talent. This leads her to also learn to trust again but it may also lead the past she’s running from back to her. Jayla is a survivor and someone I enjoyed rooting for and her interactions with Allister were fire! The author does a beautiful job of ...more
Ashley Allen
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a book about a women running from her past leading her to friends and love life that she thought she would never have again. The past comes back to get her. This book is full of passion, down right sexy, and will leave you wanting more.I loved this book and the characters.
Deborah Lane
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this sensitive, literate sexy as hell read. Recommended 18 plus bdsm, abuse triggers. Kayla is a strong determined woman on the run, who finds shelter, friends, work, herself after five years. Her abuser Jeffrey is mean, powerful and easy to loathe. Her personal savior is Allister, sexy ,complex, with a twist. Recommended!
Pat Freeman
Jun 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Finders Keepers by Jessica Collins

Another thumbs up for book number two of Jessica Collins fairy tales, this being Aladdin . Jayla, aka Jasmine, is abused emotionally and physically by her husband who one day leaves her for dead , she is now running and hiding. After 5 years she ends up in New York , finds a job and meets Alistair, who owns a security company and is handsome, sexy and mildly dominate. Eventually the husband catches up and the fireworks begin .

Aleks and Belle also reappear in the
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Shelves: loved-it
This is the second book in the Fairy Tales After Dark series. I absolutely loved it and read it in a day.

Jayla and Alistairs story is oh so good. Jayla is trying to escape from her past. She needs to move on. She finds herself a new life with a new job and new friends. She needs to trust again though.

Alistair is .... oh I’m not gonna say anything. You need to read to find out.

This is a really well written story. I was really hoping Alistair could give Jayla what she needs.
I really liked thes
Lisa Roberts
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This had me turning pages and on the edge of my seat, Jayla was such a strong determined woman who has survived and is still trying to survive a horrible past of abuse from her demented husband and I loved her strength. When she meets Alistair they become each others rock and he doesn't give up and introduces her to a whole new life of trust and it is beyond easy for her but they are perfect together and have a very unique relationship that works for them. I loved the dialogue and the characters ...more
Jamillah Smith
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed thus book. I really couldn't put this down. The characters was great together and it flowed just nicely. Great 2nd book
Kathryn
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Let's start this review by saying that I absolutely LOVED this book!

One of the first things that hooked me on this book is the banter between the characters. I feel like soooo many authors write super serious characters and forget about the lighter side of life. Having healthy, witty banter between characters is something that I absolutely love in a novel. Jessica does a fantastic job of weaving in the proper amount without it seeming cheesy or over the top.

Now, let's talk more about the two lea
Renee
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
*4.5 Stars*
Jessica Collins delivers a very solid and sexy remake of Aladdin. There are some BDSM elements in it and extremely hot scenes, most of all though there is heart.

Her character development was extremely well done. Jayla tugged at my heartstrings and Alistair was definitely appealing. Most of all, Jessica made both of them strong. I loved how secondary characters were also well developed; it made me feel connected to various members of the cast. Jessica's world building is solid, parts
Stephanie N
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fairytales and fantasies are every young girls dream. So what happens when the girls become women, they end up reading Finders Keepers.
In this book, Jayla finds herself running from an abusive spouse after he almost killed her. She applies for a position at a club when she arrives in New Youk City. This man Alistair is the complete opposite of her husband and she finds herself falling for him. Will the love they have for one another survive the storm when her ex Jeffrey finds her? You must read
Saskia
Jun 27, 2018 rated it liked it
The second book in the Fairy Tales after dark series. It can be read as a standalone, but you will enjoy it much more if you have read the previous book Stealing Beauty.

I enjoyed the dialogue and the characters better than the first book. I loved the banter between Jayla and Alistair. And when they saved a kitten together. It was just the sweetest moment.

Also loved Madame Lily’s and seeing Belle’s dream come true. And that scene in the motorcycle. That was a raging inferno.

For me the first 25% o
LaMaria Bryant
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it

I’m not much into fairytales and I probably could not tell you what happens in most Disney movies. I can tell you that this book captured my attention from the very first page. The life that Jayla endured before discovering her self worth was chilling. Reinventing herself and gaining control were paramount in her survival. The fact that she was able to recapture something that provided her with a sense of self showed how strong she truly is. Surrounding herself with people she could finally trus
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Jayla has been on the run from her abusive husband when she meets Alistair. Alistair has a security company that is providing security at the new burlesque show that Jayla auditioned for.

The banter between Jayla and Alistair was my favorite part of this story. It should that even after suffering from abuse that she was beaten down, she remained strong.

There was a lot of chemistry between Alistair and Jayla. He was a gentle Dominate who loved her deeply and she was a bratty submissive who heal
Ann
Shelves: arc
I absolutely love this book! I fell in love with the characters from the start. I appreciated the strength and independence of Jayla. She was able to come out on top as a survivor and stopped seeing herself as a victim. Alistair could see through the cracks in her veneer, and instead of plowing through, he gently gave her the patchwork she needed to trust him and their relationship. I especially loved the development of the sude characters. The author did a brillant job of interweaving their sig ...more
Mawgan Dipple
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-reads

Another great read from Jessica collins, this book links in with stealing beauty as the character's in that book are in this one too. Centres around jayla and Alistair, she fights the attraction between them as a self preservation to protect her self for the evil man in her past. Al only wants to show her to truly be free and in doing so they learn to finally love but with evil lurking in the shadows it's a wonder anyone survives. Love the way the lovers reacted to each other always pushing to t
Cat
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED this story – I could not put it down once I started. The chemistry between Jayla and Alistair sizzles and I found myself rooting for them to make it as a couple. I enjoyed meeting the other characters in the book - they all seem like a great group of people to hang out with on a Friday night.
This is the first book I have read by this author and I really enjoyed the writing and storyline. I understand this is the second book in a series, but it is definitely a stand-alone book. I enjoyed
Ana McCormick
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
What a HOT HOT Fairy Tales after Dark book!!!!! I fell in love with Jayla and Al quickly and my passion for their romance just grew. I truly enjoyed the writing style of Jessica Collins and how even though a stand alone, she incorporated the characters from book one and added some new ones along the way. I can't wait to see what the future holds for these characters! I am not a Fairy Tale dark reader but Jessica has changed my mind. Just buy the book, I promise you will not be disappointed.
Taoanebr
Shelves: 2018
This book was my first from Jessica but I'm sure wasn't last.

Jessica knows how to put in words together, and made this amazing, crazy, sexy, fantastic book!

Jayla & Alistar have this unique love story, Jayla is so brave, but at the same time so fragile, and Alistar gosh I love a good alpha male!

I'm so in love with Alistar and Jayla has that fire in her blood.

Can't wait to read more books from Jessica Collins

5 Smiling Stars!
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Jun 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book of the series and though it can be read as a standalone if you have the chance to read book 1 first do it!! This was a great story! I had a very hard time putting it down once I got started. I'm a huge fan of fairytales with a twist and Jessica Collins definitely didn't disappoint with this one.

This book was given to me at my request and I provided this review voluntarily.
Book-Lovin-Momma
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Finders Keepers! I read and enjoyed Stealing Beauty, but this second book really shows greater depth and character development. I was very taken with the story, and the secrets Jayla had to keep had Alistair wanting to protect her yet not knowing how to do that without scaring her away. Awesome twists that kept you guessing just when trouble would strike.
Patricia Wood
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the second book and it was just as good if not better than the first one! Jayla is everything I like in a female character. She was strong, smart and had a ton of baggage. She had to stay focused and keep one step ahead of her ex in order to survive. And then came the answer to her prayers in the form of a sexy as sin Alistair. If you love modern day fairytales read this!
Cheri George
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I literally could not put put this book down!! From start to finish it grabbed a hold of me and wouldn’t let go!! I totally fell in love with Alister!! I loved reading how his and Jayla’s relationship evolved and the added hint of danger kept me on the edge of my seat! Jessica is growing in leaps and bounds as an author and I can’t wait to read what she writes next!
Sarah Peña
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, it had a bit of everything.. heroine who’s running constantly to stay safe, fairytale qualities that weren’t overdone and some sexy BDSM in there.

I liked the pace, the slow build up to the romance and sex. It was an enjoyable modern day fairytale.
Recommend it and enjoyed reading it!
Samantha Smart
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book and I enjoyed it as much as I did the first book. It had a rollercoaster of emotions that I gladly rode with jayla and al. It had everything you could want to make a good read love sex and revenge. It was well written and the story flowed . I can't wait to read more from this author I recommend this book.