Start by marking “Skycircus (The Cogheart Adventures, #3)” as Want to Read:
Skycircus (The Cogheart Adventures, #3)

Skycircus

(The Cogheart Adventures #3)

When a travelling skycircus arrives in Brackenbridge, Lily and Robert can’t wait to step aboard… But there’s something sinister about the hybrid children who appear as part of the act. And before Lily and Robert can do anything, they’re captured by shadowy figures and whisked off in the mysterious flying circus to somewhere far, far away…

Treachery, tight-ropes and trickery
Paperback, US, 432 pages
Published February 11th 2020 by North Star Editions/Jolly Fish Press (first published October 4th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Skycircus, please sign up.
Sonal Yes , you have to . First of all , nothing will make sense if you don't read the first two books . Secondly , there WILL be spoilers ! It's also is ni…moreYes , you have to . First of all , nothing will make sense if you don't read the first two books . Secondly , there WILL be spoilers ! It's also is nicer to read when you know what's going on already , so that you're not confused when you're reading . Of course , if you wish to read this book first , then by all means , read this book first . Just be prepared to be confused and spoiled ...(less)

Start your review of Skycircus (The Cogheart Adventures, #3)
Puck
3.5 stars. A wonderful new adventure in the Cogheart series! Not another mystery to solve in this book, just a very dangerous circus to escape from.

After searching for Lily’s father and chasing a criminal through London, Lily and Robert get involved in a mysterious Skycircus. We see familiar people return – Tolly, my boy <3 – and old issues like Hybrids being discussed: how should Lily present herself to the world? The wicked Skycircus has a plan for that!

That Skycircus was the highlight of the
Queen Cronut
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, netgalley, arcs
Similar to Moonlocket (the second book in this series), it's not necessary to have read the prior book in the series to enjoy this one. Lily, Robert, and their snarky mech-animal sidekick, Malkin are back for another adventure featuring a flying circus, a birthday invite gone wrong, and revelations surrounding Lily's mother. While I enjoyed reading Skycircus, it lacked the depth and excitement of Moonlocket.

The plot of Skycircus is relatively basic and while it was fast-paced and entertaining,
Peter
Jul 04, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: middle-grade
-  This is your third Cogheart book, do you enjoy revisiting the world? How do you go about thinking of new adventures for your lead characters, Lily, Robert and Malkin, or did you have these planned out when you began the Cogheart series?

I love revisiting the world, yes, because it means I can find out more about it and the characters. As long as there are new places to take them and new mysteries to solve it will always be interesting.

I didn’t plan the sequels when I began the first book Cogh
Tammie
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
1st Read- April 2019
- Original Rating- 3 Stars

2nd Read- May 2020 for Medieval-A-Thon (orange on the cover)
- Rating- 4 Stars
It's been so lovely re-reading this series. I knew that I could remember everything from the first 3 books in this series but I just desperately wanted to re-read them before jumping into the fourth book and now I finally can.
Ben Trevail
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 52books2018
Have loved every moment of this trilogy. Brilliant.
Anniken Haga
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, mg, steampunk
2.5/5 stars

This is the weakest book in this series so far, and it was a really weak book. At this point, I'm not sure I'll bother to read the rest of the series, if there are ever any more books in it.

The writing is still ok, but there's so much repetition and fluff, it felt like it could have been cut at least pages in repetition and such. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but it's what it feels like having read it.
I don't feel that the writing style had evolved all that much since book 1, and that
Mridula Gupta
Another installment to the Cogheart series and these books can be fairly termed as an adventure rather than a thriller (unlike the other two books in this series).

Lily, Robert, and Malkin are swept into the mysterious and somewhat dangerous world of the Skycircus after Lily receives her mother’s journals in a mysterious package on her birthday. There she meets other hybrids and Angelica, a girl with wings that help her to fly.

If you haven’t heard of the series, ‘Cogheart Adventures’ contains mec
Hannah
Feb 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
ARC REVIEW

Book Three of the Cogheart Adventure. Once again Lily is the focus of this story but in this one she discovers more about her mother that she ever knew before. Like how her mother studied flyology and learning how to fly. It's Lily's 14th birthday and while is bound to be better than last years birthday debacle it seems that her father has forgotten it's her birthday in all the excitement of getting some award. Lily was soon distracted by the anonymous gift that was left for her, her
Jantine
Jan 10, 2020 rated it liked it
A nice enough book, fast to read and and interesting concept. It might be better when you've read the previous books in the Cogheart series, because of 'old friends' coming back. Lily's friends are endearing! As it is, the book sometimes was just too black and white, the characters a bit too one sided, although I do understand this is a fine line with books for a younger audience.

I received a free copy through Netgalley in return for an honest review.
Lucy
Actual Rating: 3.5/5

Not my favourite in the series but a quick and enjoyable read anyway!
Milou
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you liked the previous two books, you'll like this one. It is wonderful and whimsical, with some great messages - be yourself, be honest. It is okay to be different. Failure is fine as long as you always just try again.

"I know that, Papa, but you have to let me make my own mistakes. You can't worry about me flying too close to the sun. Failure is how you learn and how people grow. People need to fly on their own - on the wings they make for themselves - not the ones their parents give them."

L
Arkham Reviews
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
While I did enjoy reading Skycircus on the whole, I did also feel as though it was the weakest instalment of the series to date. The story this time focuses on the concept of the hybrids, which had been touched upon in previous novels but never truly explored. It explored the public conception of these "half mechanicals", as well as the benefits of the technology. In doing so, the novel carried a nice message concerning accepting people different to you and not fearing things that are different. ...more
Mary Kyle
A great finale to the Cogheart series. Lily is an inspiring character who is a great example of inclusion. This series inspires you to celebrate difference & diversity. Lily is different but that isn't obvious to look at her. She has a clockwork heart which is what keeps her alive after a terrible accident the killed her and her mother. Her father, the inventor, gave her the heart to save one of them, the only problem is that much Of the rest of the world don't trust human mechanical hybrids. Th ...more
Eve
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found skycircus gripping from the very start - I couldn't put it down! I won't give any spoilers but I found this book absolutely amazing. Like the title suggests the book is set on a flying skycircus traveling to Paris. I would recommend this book to ages 10-14. on a whole, a great book that really deserves my 5 stars!
Deborah
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful final instalment of this fabulous trilogy! I've simply loved reading it to my 11 year old daughter. Just wonderful.
Melissa Mitchell
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Brenda
Feb 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adventure, fantasy, 2018
I was really excited to read Skycircus, imagining a big top filled with magical circus performances. Everything from clowns, acrobats, the trapeze and walking the tightrope, maybe even Lily and Robert eating some popcorn and cotton candy. The tag line on the cover also caught my eye, "A Spectacular Showstopper of Trickery and Tightropes." But I must admit the skycircus has a much creepier atmosphere than I expected. Not scary but it is a bit unsettling. The premise begins with the mystery of who ...more
Riley
Feb 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
The third installment in the Cogheart series is even more adventurous that the first two. In Skycircus, Lily is mysteriously presented with a ticket for her and her friends to get into the exciting travelling Skycircus and maybe even meet Miss Angelique, the girl with wings. Now, any adult would have been suspicious. But on her birthday, Lily was feeling neglected, so off she went with Robert and Malkin. They were sure they could make it home before Papa even missed them.

Of course, the Skycircus
Rutuja Ramteke
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
❤Skycircus By Peter Bunzl❤
❤I mean, I don't understand how should I sum up this book into words or sentences, it was magical, pure, adventurous yet it was bit c
Rachel
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a free ARC from the publisher through NetGalley in exchange for my honest review*
Another great installment of the Cogheart series! I have been a fan of this series since book 1 was glad this book matched the previous two in terms of character, story, and action. Lily and Robert are great characters for young readers to follow and (hopefully) want to emulate. I appreciated that the author continues to examine the loss of Lily's mother and Robert's father - I had concerns in the first
DeAnne
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley.

I have thoroughly enjoyed both Cogheart and Moonlocket, so I had high hopes for Skycircus and it did not disappoint. Bunzl takes us on another thrilling adventure that didn't have so much to do with a mystery as it did with people that had certain motives.

As always I so enjoyed the recurring characters and their personalities. Each book tends to see growth in both Robert and Lily as they face every challenge that comes their w
Christina Reid
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really excited to go back into the world introduced in Cogheart and developed in Moonlocket. Lots more of my favourite snarky mech-fox Malkin, as well as introducing some new characters in the Skycircus, including acrobats and other hybrids.
Lily has grown up a little in this book, although she is still recognizably the impetuous, Penny Dreadful-loving girl we met in the first book. In Moonlocket, as the focus was on Robert, I feel like she took a bit of a back seat so it was nice to see he
Stephen Connor
It’s Lily’s birthday, and, put out by the lack of attention she is getting, is intrigued by an invitation to a circus - the Skycircus. Despite feeling uneasy and unsure, she, along with Robert, Malkkn and Tolly, go to visit, where they are shocked by what they see. Hybrids are used as a freak show, mocked by the ringmasters, and mistreated by all. And then it dawns on Lily why she was invited...

Another cracking adventure, this time seeing Lily and Robert work together to save not just themselves
Kristina
I received a free copy of the ebook from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this third book in the Cogheart Adventures series. I am eager to continue reading book 4. It continues the steam punk vibe. Lily, Robert, and Malkin continue to find plenty of mischief and adventure. This one felt pretty steadily paced, to me. I thought they quickly found their trouble, and it seemed to present them with different challenges at good intervals. I did not feel as much emotional growth her
Julia Thum
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you, like me, have not read Cogheart books before, don't let that put you off starting with this one. No previous knowledge of the series is required to enjoy this exciting adventure, but it does put you at danger of wanting to go back and read the other two so make sure your library's got them in stock!

The writing is excellent, the world building (even for a Cogheart newbie) superb and the the audible version so fabulously narrated it had me on the edge of my car seat and offering to give l
Kimmy’s books journey
Dec 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one was a bit different from the two previous ones but I loved it. It was more an adventure than a mystery, but it was fun. We got to see old characters from the previous book. Too bad Tolly wasn’t there much though :)
I really enjoyed this series and I’m glad Netgalley gave me the chance to discover this series (had to read the two other books first hihi)
As a French Canadian, I love the French parts. I was like.. ah ah I understand lol but I still hate Madame. Mr Bunzl is good to create v
Nikki
Apr 22, 2019 rated it liked it
Thoroughly enjoyable suspenseful adventure back to the Cogheart world, but sadly not enough happened for me - it was all a bit easily solved, and the motivations were too similar to the first book.

I did love getting to see more of Lily and Robert, and especially Malkin (💙💙💙). And I adored the concept of the Skycircus - as what it should be rather than what it had become, obviously!

There’s also some great themes about being yourself and accepting others :)
Chrys
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
A nice finish to the trilogy, I really enjoyed these books. They're nicely old fashioned, and the steampunk feel is a nice touch.
My only real problem is the lack of development, Lily doesn't seem to learn from her mistakes. There's some great positive messages that are important, but I'm not sure that she's that good a role model. Robert, on the other hand, develops nicely into a well rounded character with depth.
Kirsten Fraser
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the final adventure of Lily and Robert. Following the reappearance of an old enemy, the children are whisked away from the safety of Brackenbridge Manor. Lily finds herself among other children who have become hybrids and they work together to change the attitudes of the people around them in order to attempt an escape.
Ellie (Sarah)
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was ok
Omg I haven't been on GR for ages as I just started a new school and have had to be finding books in their libary. Now it looks like I've taken forever to read this book!!
Tbh it took me a while as it went on and on but overall the book defo wasn't a failure. I feel I enjoyed the first two books way more and wouldn't recommend this one but hay ho I'm still glad I read it.

• WildSpark
  • The Highland Falcon Thief
  • The Girl Who Speaks Bear
  • Orphans of the Tide
  • Rumblestar (The Unmapped Chronicles, #1)
  • The Girl Who Stole an Elephant
  • A Sprinkle of Sorcery (A Pinch of Magic, #2)
  • The Battle for Perfect (Perfect, #3)
  • A Pinch of Magic (A Pinch of Magic, #1)
  • The Peculiar Peggs of Riddling Woods
  • The Clockwork Crow (The Clockwork Crow #1)
  • The Train to Impossible Places (The Train to impossible places, #1)
  • The House of One Hundred Clocks
  • The Garden of Lost Secrets
  • The Forbidden Expedition
  • The Case of the Drowned Pearl: A Murder Most Unladylike Mini-Mystery: World Book Day 2020
  • The Frozen Telescope (The Uncommoners #3)
  • The Trouble with Perfect (Perfect, #2)
Really, really long Bio:

Peter Bunzl is an author, filmmaker & animator who writes quirky tales about finding your place in the world and what makes you unique. Stories of family and humanity and where they begin and end. He loves cinematic images, magical adventures and big odd ideas!

His series of children’s novels The Cogheart Adventures are tales of danger and daring, catastrophes and courage se

The Cogheart Adventures (4 books)
  • Cogheart (The Cogheart Adventures, #1)
  • Moonlocket (The Cogheart Adventures, #2)
  • Shadowsea (The Cogheart Adventures, #4)