Start by marking “Skycircus (The Cogheart Adventures, #3)” as Want to Read:
Skycircus (The Cogheart Adventures, #3)

Skycircus

(The Cogheart Adventures #3)

When a travelling skycircus arrives in Brackenbridge, Lily and Robert can’t wait to step aboard… But there’s something sinister about the hybrid children who appear as part of the act. And before Lily and Robert can do anything, they’re captured by shadowy figures and whisked off in the mysterious flying circus to somewhere far, far away…

Treachery, tight-ropes and trickery
Published October 4th 2018 by Usborne Publishing Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Skycircus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Skycircus

Puck
3.5/4 stars. A wonderful new adventure in the Cogheart series! Not another mystery to solve in this book, just a very dangerous circus to escape from.

After searching for Lily’s father and chasing a criminal through London, Lily and Robert get involved in a mysterious Skycircus. We see familiar people return – Tolly, my boy <3 – and old issues like Hybrids being discussed: how should Lily present herself to the world? The wicked Skycircus has a plan for that!

That Skycircus was the highlight o
Ben Trevail
Oct 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 52books2018
Have loved every moment of this trilogy. Brilliant.
Anniken Haga
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5/5 stars

This is the weakest book in this series so far, and it was a really weak book. At this point, I'm not sure I'll bother to read the rest of the series, if there are ever any more books in it.

The writing is still ok, but there's so much repetition and fluff, it felt like it could have been cut at least pages in repetition and such. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but it's what it feels like having read it.
I don't feel that the writing style had evolved all that much since book 1, and that
Lucy
Actual Rating: 3.5/5

Not my favourite in the series but a quick and enjoyable read anyway!
Milou
Mar 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you liked the previous two books, you'll like this one. It is wonderful and whimsical, with some great messages - be yourself, be honest. It is okay to be different. Failure is fine as long as you always just try again.

"I know that, Papa, but you have to let me make my own mistakes. You can't worry about me flying too close to the sun. Failure is how you learn and how people grow. People need to fly on their own - on the wings they make for themselves - not the ones their parents give them."

L
Deborah
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a wonderful final instalment of this fabulous trilogy! I've simply loved reading it to my 11 year old daughter. Just wonderful.
Kim Dyer
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed-on-blog
While I did enjoy reading Skycircus on the whole, I did also feel as though it was the weakest instalment of the series to date. The story this time focuses on the concept of the hybrids, which had been touched upon in previous novels but never truly explored. It explored the public conception of these "half mechanicals", as well as the benefits of the technology. In doing so, the novel carried a nice message concerning accepting people different to you and not fearing things that are different. ...more
Christina Reid
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was really excited to go back into the world introduced in Cogheart and developed in Moonlocket. Lots more of my favourite snarky mech-fox Malkin, as well as introducing some new characters in the Skycircus, including acrobats and other hybrids.
Lily has grown up a little in this book, although she is still recognizably the impetuous, Penny Dreadful-loving girl we met in the first book. In Moonlocket, as the focus was on Robert, I feel like she took a bit of a back seat so it was nice to see he
Stephen Connor
It’s Lily’s birthday, and, put out by the lack of attention she is getting, is intrigued by an invitation to a circus - the Skycircus. Despite feeling uneasy and unsure, she, along with Robert, Malkkn and Tolly, go to visit, where they are shocked by what they see. Hybrids are used as a freak show, mocked by the ringmasters, and mistreated by all. And then it dawns on Lily why she was invited...

Another cracking adventure, this time seeing Lily and Robert work together to save not just themselves
Kirsten Fraser
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed the final adventure of Lily and Robert. Following the reappearance of an old enemy, the children are whisked away from the safety of Brackenbridge Manor. Lily finds herself among other children who have become hybrids and they work together to change the attitudes of the people around them in order to attempt an escape.
Kirsty
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As thrilling as the first two adventures. On a number of occasions the reader thinks it's the end for Lily and Robert, that they couldn't possibly escape the peril they are facing but Peter finds a way to help them. Impatiently awaiting for book 4.
Laura Noakes
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade
A utterly triumphant return to the Cogheart world, SKYCIRCUS is a rip roaring adventure like no other, and happens to feature my new favourite named character—Professor Manceplain.
Lucy-May
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I put off reading this book for months because Usborne sent it to me wrapped up super prettily, but I needed a pick-me-up & decided it was time to unwrap it. Skycircus isn’t my favourite book in this series, but it was still wonderful & I adore this world, & it’s characters, that Peter Bunzl has created; I enjoyed every page of this book & really hope there’s a fourth book soon.

I was sent this book by the publisher in return for an honest review

Extended Review: https://wp.me/p8M
Travel.with.a.book
Nov 11, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Really, really long Bio:

Peter Bunzl is an author, filmmaker & animator who writes quirky tales about finding your place in the world and what makes you unique. Stories of family and humanity and where they begin and end. He loves cinematic images, magical adventures and big odd ideas!

His series of children’s novels The Cogheart Adventures are tales of danger and daring, catastrophes and courag

The Cogheart Adventures (3 books)
  • Cogheart (The Cogheart Adventures, #1)
  • Moonlocket (The Cogheart Adventures, #2)