Start by marking “Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)” as Want to Read:
Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)

Blood & Honey

(Serpent & Dove #2)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  12,063 ratings  ·  2,531 reviews
After narrowly escaping death at the hands of the Dames Blanches, Lou, Reid, Coco, and Ansel are on the run from coven, kingdom, and church—fugitives with nowhere to hide.

To elude the scores of witches and throngs of chasseurs at their heels, Lou and Reid need allies. Strong ones. But protection comes at a price, and the group is forced to embark on separate quests to buil
Published September 1st 2020 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Blood & Honey, please sign up.
Serenity Confirmed for +1 book a couple of days ago, it's now officially a trilogy.
Fiona You have to read Serpent & Dove for this book to work.…moreYou have to read Serpent & Dove for this book to work.(less)
House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J. MaasThe Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareThe Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. SchwabBlood & Honey by Shelby Mahurin
Can't Wait Books of 2020
1,018 books — 2,806 voters
The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne CollinsChain of Gold by Cassandra ClareOne of Us Is Next by Karen M. McManusA ​Sky Beyond the Storm by Sabaa TahirAll the Stars and Teeth by Adalyn  Grace
YA Novels of 2020
766 books — 2,773 voters

More lists with this book...

·  12,063 ratings  ·  2,531 reviews

Start your review of Blood & Honey (Serpent & Dove, #2)
✨ A ✨
Me? *glances around; points at self* Oh I'm total fine after that ending. And by “totally fine” I mean: NOT AT ALL.

“And when everything is a matter of life and death for us, the stakes are higher. The more we gain, the more we lose.”

⚠️ Do not read this review if you have not read Serpent and Dove (Book 1) ⚠️ Other than that there are no other spoilers in this review.

Lou, Reid and Co. have just made it out of Chatteau alive. Just barely.

Enemies are close and they are being hunted from all a
Alex ✰ Comets and Comments ✰
All I need is for Reid, Lou and Big Titty Liddy to be okay.
Serpent And Dove: ★★★★★
 Teodora
5/5 ⭐

Full review on my Blog: The Dacian She-Wolf 🐺

Oh wow.
OH WOW.
What the bloody hell was this thing I just read? Because oh wow.

Thank the deity that Shelby Mahurin made a trilogy out of this because if she were to leave the things like that I would’ve been extra pissed off.

That cliffhanger.
THAT BLOODY CLIFFHANGER!

Blood & Honey started off on a high key and from the very first chapters I was sure that this was going to be the vibe of the entire book. And guess what? It was.

When I thought thin
Chelsea Humphrey
2.5 "Should have been a duology but was extended to a trilogy" stars

description

No one is more disappointed that I am that my MOST anticipated 2020 release didn't work out the way I had hoped, but here we are. Serpent & Dove was a surprising favorite last year; I've read a good bit of YA fantasy, and it offered unique glimpses at some of my favorite tropes, a cast of characters with diverse personalities, and a slow burning romance to die for. Jumping into Blood & Honey, I wasn't exactly sure what we would
jessica
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
PSA: for all of you eagerly waiting for this to be released in a few weeks, please do a reread of ‘serpent & dove.’ you have time. i desperately wish i did - i forgot so much and was confused because of it.

that being said, those who really loved S&D will for sure enjoy this. and those who found S&D to only be okay will probably find this sequel to be disappointing. and heres why.

this is 100% a filler book. nothing really happens! the ending of this sequel leaves the characters in the exact same
alana ♡
“What you are now is not what you’ve always been, nor is it what you always will be.”

Is there anything worse than one of your most anticipated reads of the year being an absolute flop? I’ll be completely honest that going into this I was not expecting to enjoy it more than Serpent & Dove but I also wasn’t expecting to want this to be over so badly while reading it. So where did it all go wrong, you ask?
Let’s just get straight to the point.

⁉️For the love of God give me a recap. Do yourself a
Helena of Eretz ✰
I received this complimentary ARC from the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.

Buddy read with Laur!!! :)

HERE WE GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :O

Nilufer Ozmekik
Oct 18, 2020 rated it it was ok
Arrrghhhhk! No freaking way! Here comes my unpopular review and my ear bleeding screams! WTH happened to my adorable characters? Did body snatchers, ruthless doppelgängers take over Reid and Lou’s bodies?

And why did I read a book which is really long to bleed my eyes and create dark circles under them? I don’t have problem to read long stories but when nothing happens during your read, I get out of my patience!

Yes, my friends, 100 pages: nothing happened, 200 pages: still nothing changes, 300
NReads
Mar 22, 2020 marked it as to-read
this cover is too much.
TheBibliotheque ♡
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020-faves, read-arc
Oh. You guys are not ready for this.
description

“And if I had to run, hide, and fight for that love, I would. For the rest of my life, I would.”

Honestly, I am in disposition to confirm that I'd die for these characters. And to some extent, I did. Because guys, I have finished Blood & Honey. And I can't help but feel like Blood & Honey was the one finishing me.

That’s exactly how it feels, at least.

Anyway. If you are anticipating the sequel to the acclaimed Serpent & Dove—the book that has brought back witche
Arini
Nov 27, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

#1 Serpent & Dove — 4 Stars
#2 Blood & Honey — 2.5 Stars

Somehow I expected this, but still.

WHAT IN THE WORLD?!?!?!

I don’t even recognize these characters anymore. This is basically Serpent & Dove but with characters (new and old) ten times more insufferable, a shitty plot (cause what do you call a book that doesn’t have one?), and an even shittier romance.

Well, okay, it’s not as bad as I made it out to be cause I still kinda enjoyed it. But still, it’s bad. So, what the heck? How did I de
Lia Carstairs
  "Evil always seeks a foothold. We must not give it one."

SHELBY.
You—you—
YOU DEVIL.😭💔

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!?!😫😭🥺
I trusted you—but you went ahead and broke my heart anyways.😭 You did EXACTLY what I BEGGED you not to do. (view spoiler)
I can't stop crying. This is one of the worst cliffhangers ever.😭😭😭 Fall 2021 is just too far.😓

🛑WARNING: SPOILERS FROM S&D BELOW🛑

Bloo
Mary S. R.
Lo and behold: the Middle Book Syndrome strikes again. Sigh. Made for a great playlist (Spotify URL) but oh the mess that this was...

B&H was both better and worse than its predecessor—no longer underdeveloped yet bearing a plot that is hot mess incarnate, sprinkled with lots of filler aaanddd not much of anything else, plus daring to reverse all arcs back to ground zero.

I mean, Reid was practically intolerable.

I enjoyed it (thus the 3 stars that, according to GR, translate to “I liked it”) becau
AJ
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
“I loved her. And if I had to run, hide, and fight for that love, I would. For the rest of my life, I would.”

I stayed up for 6 straight hours reading this and do I regret it? Not one damn bit! Whew, this book sucked me in from the very first page. We are instantly reunited with the characters we grew to love (and maybe even hate) from book one. We are also introduced to a few new characters who I really enjoyed.

I enjoyed the world setting in this book so much. On the run in the woods, a tra
isabella
Jul 21, 2020 rated it did not like it
serpent & dove : 4 stars
blood & honey : 1 star

honestly.. i don't even know how to start this review because i don't think i've ever been this pissed over a book before. i literally don't know how people enjoyed this?? there seriously wasn't one part that i genuinely enjoyed. but,, basically, in this rant review i'm going to talk about how much this book sucked and analyze what went wrong in three different categories : the good, the bad and the ugly.

i'll start out by saying this is literally one
Lucy Langford
Sep 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5****

”You are a snake. Shed your skin if it no longer serves you. Transform into something different. Something better.”

I cannot even begin to describe my excitement to be back in Belterra and the world of Serpent & Dove. I adored the first book so I was excited to see what this book delivered.

Something that is great about Shelby Mahurin’s witches is that she doesn’t shy away from their sinister magic, and this time we were able to see more of the magic from the Dame Rouge’s. These witches a
Candace Robinson
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Serpent & Dove was my favorite book of last year so I was pretty scared to dive into this follow up, to be honest! Yes, there were parts that had me mad, buttttttt I loved it!

Reid's chapters were my favorite. He's my boy! I think what was harder for me to connect with the most was Lou's darkness which seemed to come out of no where since there wasn't much mention of that in the last book. However, I still love her and I still loved her chapters and being in her head. And when she and Reid were o
megs_bookrack
I'll bite. Bring on more Coco...

I feel like the Blood Witches are gonna slay!
Kiki
Sep 15, 2020 rated it it was ok
Honestly, this book was awful, and I’m struggling to justify giving it two stars instead of one. Between the total lack of plot (not an exaggeration; at no point during this entire book is there any semblance of a plot. Nothing fucking happens except people wandering around. I’m almost impressed by the author’s commitment to NOT telling a story) and the terrible characterisation (not a single person stayed in character, the worst of which was Coco, who went from being a funny, capable, menacing ...more
Cait (Caitsbooks)
Aug 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
Go check out this review, and more, over on my blog!

Thank you so much to Edelweiss and the publisher for giving me an ARC to read and review. All quotes are taken from the ARC and are subject to change.

Quick Stats:
Overall:
4/5 Stars
Characters: 4/5
Setting: 4/5
Writing: 4/5
Plot and Themes: 3/5
Awesomeness Factor: 3.5/5
Review in a Nutshell: Serpent & Dove was one of my favorite releases of 2019, and while I really enjoyed Blood & Honey, it did get hit by the second-book-slump.

“The brotherhood had nev
Cindy ✩☽♔
Oct 20, 2019 marked it as to-read
2/5/2020
I mean I'm not mad at the cover, but they do realize it's essentially the same cover right? The color of the snake and title color was simply swapped with the flower backdrop. Oh, plus they made background red lol.
I want it. I want it now! Who do I sell my soul to for it?
✩ Yaz ✩
3 - ⭐️⭐️⭐️

”I’m a witch, Reid. A witch. I have the power to protect the ones I love, and I will sacrifice anything for them. If that makes me a monster—if that makes me aberrant—I’ll don the teeth and claws to make it easier for you.”

Blood & Honey is the anticipated sequel to Serpent & Dove. A story set in fictional France, where witchcraft and forbidden magic dwell and witches are notoriously hunted by Chasseurs, huntsmen and warriors sworn to the church.

It’s a story of forbidden love between a
che
Jul 15, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
i shouldn't have read this :)
Leah Waters
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya-fantasy, dnf, romance
I can't believe I'm DNFing my most anticipated release of 2020.

But that's 2020 for you.

I'm quitting at page 170. After one of the worst fight scenes I've ever read (people are literally coming to chop off Lou's head but she spends her time flirting with Reid and making out with him) I just can't continue. It's lost the magic. And after hearing everyone talk about how the ending crushed them...I don't really want to continue.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
FairyLoot Blood & Honey Collector’s Edition Box. Click link under the pic to see the goodies.

GOODIES LINK:

4.5 Stars ⭐️

I loved it so much but for a couple of things and a death!! I love these characters! Looking forward to the next book!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Lucy Tonks
Oct 17, 2020 rated it liked it
I finally finished this book and I am so disappointed. I wanted to love this book so much. It was one of my anticipated releases of this fall since I loved Serpent & Dove so much, but it seems that I had higher hopes.

First of all, this book could have easily been shorter. There were so many unnecessary things that happened in this book and I really didn't understand why Shelby Mahurin decided to add them in the book. I wasn't the biggest fan of the plot. I found it pretty boring. And the pacing
Lucie V.
Sep 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy

I missed Lou and Reid's banter too much to rate this book higher! It's one of the things I loved the most in Serpent & Dove, how they would be sarcastic and exasperated at each other, yet we could feel the romance building between them. I laughed out loud many times while reading the first book because of their dialogues, but this part was absent from the sequel.

The story picks up right after the end of Serpent & Dove. Lou, Reid, Ansel, Mme Labelle, Coco, and Beau are hiding in La forêt
AspiringAuthor
Sep 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Before reading: HOLY SHIT GUYS I ACTUALLY GOT MY HANDS ON THE LIBBY VERSION OH MY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

After reading: HOLY SHIT.
I -
WHAT THE FUCK WHY DID YOU END IT THERE THAT IS NOT OKAYYYYYYY
vangmayee
Nov 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
i- ok. so, unlike many other fantasy sequels, this book managed to impress me and not fall victim to the sequel syndrome. there really never was a dull moment, and while i liked serpent and dove better, i still liked this book but for different reasons!

firstly, i want to address the main issue that most people had with this book, which was reid and lou's relationship. i'm here to tell you that if you were super annoyed with the constant issues and conflicts between the couple, that is totally v

• A Kingdom of Flesh and Fire (Blood and Ash, #2)
  • From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1)
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • His Royal Highness
  • Outmatched
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • Fable (Fable, #1)
  • Kingdom of the Wicked (Kingdom of the Wicked, #1)
  • A Kingdom of Dreams (Westmoreland, #1)
  • The Bone Houses
  • Book Love
  • Midnight Beauties (Grim Lovelies, #2)
  • The House of the Scorpion (Matteo Alacran, #1)
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
  • The Amish Cookie Club (The Amish Cookie Club #1)
  • Being Wrong: Adventures in the Margin of Error
  • Marcia Schuyler / Phoebe Deane / Miranda
  • Big Lies in a Small Town
Shelby Mahurin grew up on a small farm in rural Indiana, where sticks became wands and cows became dragons. Her rampant imagination didn't fade with age, so she continues to play make-believe every day—with words now instead of cows. When not writing, Shelby watches the Office and obsesses over her Twitter feed. She still lives near that childhood farm with her very tall husband, semi-feral toddle ...more

Serpent & Dove (3 books)
  • Serpent & Dove (Serpent & Dove, #1)
  • Gods & Monsters (Serpent & Dove, #3)

Articles featuring this book

Don’t you just hate that feeling of falling head over heels for a new series...and then having to wait anxiously (sometimes for years!) for...
“What you are now is not what you’ve always been, nor is it what you always will be. You are a snake. Shed your skin if it no longer serves you. Transform into something different. Something better.” 26 likes
“The world didn’t end in a scream.
It ended in a gasp.
A single, startled exhalation.
And then— Nothing.