Start by marking “The Social Singularity: How decentralization will allow us to transcend politics, create global prosperity, and avoid the robot apocalypse” as Want to Read:

What if politics as we know it is about to end?
What if humanity soon organizes itself not in hierarchies, but in hive minds?
What if society’s mediating structures—education, media, and financial institutions—are about to be completely transformed?

Welcome to The Social Singularity.

In this decentralization manifesto, futurist Max Borders shows that humanity is already
Published July 2nd 2018 by Social Evolution

Start your review of The Social Singularity: How decentralization will allow us to transcend politics, create global prosperity, and avoid the robot apocalypse
KungFu Drafter
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was ok
Really not a very inspiring work. Mr. Borders begins the book with some interesting notions and makes some salient points but quickly devolves into a hodgepodge of strange assertions proposing so-called social progress for the sake of progress.

Individually some portions of the book are interesting and may hold merit. Overall it just does not come together well. And, frankly, the argument of social-liberalism as the foremost point of social evolution is not a very convincing argument for me.

I re
Mike Pflueger
Jul 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting take on the decentralization of politics and other realms of human interaction. I appreciated the connection between the three prominent culture frameworks and spiral dynamics. There are some good insights on how decentralization and transcending the limited arbitrarily dividing perspectives of the present.

Borders gets a little too “kumbaya” toward the end of the book with suggestions of drug or meditation fueled mass human awakening to the interconnectedness of all things. But if
Robin Bittick
Apr 21, 2020 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
The author is very well read and has attempted to pull together ideas from many sources. The book contains some interesting ideas and ideals, but wanders a lot. The author makes many unsubstantiated statements and attempts to combine ideas that have conflicting foundations. I found many of his conclusions to be based on what appears to be an assumption that we create our own reality. As such, it winds up being a utopian type book.
DOAN MANH HIEP
Jun 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Overall, Max Borders tries to present a decentralized future which is very promising and optimistic. However, the book failed to deliver. The author made a lot of assumptions and often contradicted himself. He tried to bring in many references and research to prove a point but ended up showing only a fraction of what the original wanted to elaborate.
Alexander
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I didnt like how the book was written. Max Borders good thoughts and ideas about decentralization. Borders provided many positive applications for decentralization in the future. I was happy to read about the new ideas, but the language of the book tasted bias and mundane at best. 4 stars for the ideas, -1 star for weak writing.
Gary F Breaux
Jun 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
...Provoking...

I read to think via new, to me, ideas. This work fulfills that. The messaging is both underpinned with logic and facts and unapologetic in its positions. Provocative!
Ed Brenegar
May 24, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Insight into how the world is changing.
Especially interesting now during the global viral pandemic.
Sanni Haruna
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Honestly, could have been distilled to a 50 page book. The premise is intriguing.. and some ideas are worth going further in depth on (i.e. Spiral Dynamics), but it at times felt like a long rant.
Mary-Patton Davis Eisen
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Warning: will make your head explode. The future is going to be nuts
David Khanaferov
Oct 09, 2020 rated it liked it
It’s just ok

Too abstract, too up its own you know what. Not enough deep dive into the social “singuLarity” part. While I enjoyed the read, I wouldn’t recommend it.
Yvo Hunink
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Simply amazing. It's been a few months since I read this book but never got around doing my notes. At the time of reading, I already felt I completely agreed with Borders on his grand view of where things are heading, however, 2 months later I have seriously made some steps in my own thought processes around creating incentive systems around values to make society more resilient...

Reading back my notes now has amazed me how much this book seems to have influenced my thinking in the past months
Sean Johnson
Jan 29, 2019
Wayne Hill
Jan 09, 2020
« previous 1 3 next »
Significantly Global: First book discussion! The Social Singularity 1 5 Sep 16, 2018 09:37AM

• Team Human
  • A Boy and His Dog at the End of the World
  • The Enigma Cube
  • The Dhammapada
  • Who Wrote the Gospels?
  • Crypto Success: Investing in Cryptocurrency for the Long Term - Tips and Tricks
  • First Encounter
  • Still Unbelievable: Why after listening to Christian arguments we are still skeptics
  • The Orthodox Corruption of Scripture: The Effect of Early Christological Controversies on the Text of the New Testament
  • Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice the Work in Half the Time
  • The Wedding Party
  • Architecture of a Technodemocracy: How Technology and Democracy Can Revolutionize Governments, Empower the 100%, and End the 1% System
  • Ark
  • Play Bigger: How Pirates, Dreamers, and Innovators Create and Dominate Markets

News & Interviews