Start by marking “The Haunting of Hattie Hastings (Part Three)” as Want to Read:
The Haunting of Hattie Hastings (Part Three)

The Haunting of Hattie Hastings

(The Haunting of Hattie Hastings #3)

Nothing lasts forever … Could it be that Gary’s time on earth is coming to an end? His visits are less frequent and his visibility is fading fast. But Gary still has a mission to accomplish, which involves Hattie and her ability to pass on a heart-rending message. And there’s something else he needs to do, but spirit guide Clarence isn’t proving very helpful.

Hattie’s best
Published July 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about The Haunting of Hattie Hastings, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Haunting of Hattie Hastings

Berit☀️✨
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, blog-tour
4 Haunting Stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟

This is the third book in this charming serial, and I was fortunate to get to read them all in a row! And the good news is you can too! Because they are all out now!!! I mean I love a cliffhanger and all, but I love it even more when I can pick up the next book immediately! This was such a bewitching book a romantic Comedy with a paranormal twist!

Hattie is such a wonderful and real character you just want nothing but the best for her... kind of tough to move on after your h
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

Don’t think I haven’t noticed you ogling Mike next door when he’s mowing the lawn in those ridiculously tight shorts. Christ, if they were any tighter, his balls would be begging Amnesty International for freedom.

She was make-up free, her skin that enviable porcelain Hattie could only have dreamed of in her youth. Her teens had been plagued by spots, the hideous blighters regrouping during the night.

Can you take a few days off from the salon, or will the wrinkly clientele attack
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
This is the third and final book in The Haunting of Hattie Hastings series and I really do urge you to read the books in order. This has been a really wonderful book and I would hate for readers to spoil it by trying to head into it with out reading the others first.

After the cliff hanger ending in part two I have been counting the days to catch back up with Hattie and her dead husband Gary. The blurb definitely gets it spot on about having some tissues ready and I cried tears of joy and sadness
Cathy Ryan
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5*
I was in the mood for something different and this fit the bill perfectly. A serialised novel, it tells the story of Hattie who is happily married to Gary. They have a teenage son Johnny who sometimes tries Hattie’s patience, as teenagers tend to do. Cat, Hattie’s best friend since primary school, has thankfully ditched her controlling husband and is much happier. Her brother Jack is in a strong relationship with his partner, Ben. Hattie’s mother Rachel is an elegant lady with a few gentleme
Stephanie
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read this lovely serialised trilogy over a few months and despite the gaps in between I could follow the storyline very easily without any need to read back. I have been weepy in each of the books, but this one more than any other. But not for reasons I thought. There are also many happy endings throughout. And a few spooky ones.
It is a quick book to read, it only took me a couple of hours. Many people would be able to read all of them in one day, they are very readable with just enough of a c
Angela Petch
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
In her acknowledgments, the author describes her book as “A journey into the unknown – and the afterlife…” and although I laughed out loud in parts, I also found Audrey Davis’s book thought provoking.

We don’t like to talk about death, do we? As if to deny it’s going to happen. But, of course we all know death is the one certain thing about our lives. Inescapable, despite whacky experiments like cryopreservation that crop up from time to time. Apparently, there are thousands of cadavers frozen a
Alison
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
So we have come to the end of the Hattie trilogy, all novella length so I suspect it may get re-issued into a full size book depending on public opinion. I said after reading the first one the blurb and title could be a little off putting to anyone in a delicate health situation like myself but try it, the humour will over ride some of the darker moments.

I do recommend reading in order to gain full enjoyment and understanding, maybe now they are all published, treat yourself to all of them and h
Felicia
It’s five big, shiny stars for the third installment of The Haunting of Hattie Hastings, Part 3!

Decisions have to be made and lives will be forever changed by the time this heartfelt story ends.

Picking up right where part two left off, Hattie Hastings has a full plate.

Is son Johnny at last on the path to happiness and success?

Rachel, her mother, grows visibly weaker but will the strong, independent mom who raised Hattie and her brother be able to beat the disease ravaging her body?

Barry was a go
Kelly (purplebookstand)
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Haunting of Hattie Hastings part three

Having read and absolutely devoured the first two parts of this trilogy, I couldn’t wait to dive in to the final part, although I didn’t want it to end! It’s definitely not a standalone though so you must read the first two parts before reading this one.

I absolutely adored every about this trilogy, from the beginning to the end. The characters are warm,endearing and completely relatable; although I’m not sure how many wives are haunted by their late hus
Monica Mac
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Yay, I finally got to read the third and last part of this series.

I really enjoyed this series but as with part two, I had to take a second to familiarise myself with the characters all over again, and for that reason, this review loses half a star. I would have preferred to read the whole book in one session, I really would. Having said that, this was a well-written part three and all the ends were tied up very nicely. I liked the characters so much in this series and I am a little sad it has
Mattie
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
“The Haunting of Hattie Hastings Part Three,” was the final installment in this trilogy. It will have you laughing & crying... buy an extra box of tissues.
This trilogy is a charming series with a twist of paranormal. Did I say it’s also a romantic comedy?
It is an absolutely delicious read with just the right amount of quirkiness. A really fun read. I highly recommend it.
The only thing that disappointed me was that it had to end...
Thank you to the author and TBC Reviewers Request Group.
Susan Angela Wallace
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The haunting of Hattie Hastings part 3 by Audrey Davis.
This was an absolutely fantastic read with brilliant characters.  Hattie Hastings is back. Along with Gary who is married to Hattie bit he died and has come back as a ghost. Cat who is  hatties best friend.
I love this series and I'm sad to see it end. I could quite happily read another few more books.  I love how Gary is. He makes me laugh.  This is a must read and I would highly recommend this book.  5* would give more if I could.
Sharon
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third party in the series & I loved it as much as the other two parts. I’m sad that it is finished now though. A great read.
Maja
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I followed Hattie and Gary's journey with tears and laughter, right through to their bittersweet ending. Although the end itself wasn't a surprise I couldn't help but feel for Hattie and Gary's loss.

Gary grew on me through the series -- a well meaning if slightly bumbling man, I couldn't argue with his innate kindness and...well...feeling 'safe' around the bloke. I'll miss him very much indeed.

If there's one lesson I've learnt from Davis it is that life bloody well moves on whether or not we li
Maddy Cordell
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was the third and final part of this trilogy. Aside from thinking once again, that the three books should be one big book (I read the last one in just a few hours), I thought part 3 was great and a fitting end to a great story.

I loved reading about Hattie and Gary, and their friends and family, and it’s very comforting to think that maybe our loved ones are still around after their demise, wishing us well. Great story, though one book not 3 😂.
Nicola Mitchell
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Having read parts 1 & 2, I was looking forward to reading this next instalment. I wasn’t disappointed, as I devoured it in a couple of days. By the end, the virtual tears were truly flowing.
A nice easy read as we follow the life of Hattie as she comes to terms with her husband’s untimely passing. A likeable character, who you wish only the best for.
Read them in order to get the most from the trilogy.
Jessica
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Haunting of Hattie Hastings is a three part series that has been released little by little since last year. Audrey Davis has done a superb job of bringing this series to us and pulling us into Hattie’s life. And Gary just keeps showing up! He is so entertaining. But what is Gary’s mission and what part will Hattie play in it? I have become attached to all the characters and after Part Two’s cliffhanger I was more th
Steph Warren
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received a free ARC of this book via Rachel’s Random Resources blog tour. The decision to review and my opinions are my own.*

This novella is the third, and final, in what is not really a series but a larger book split into thirds. I would therefore definitely recommend that you start with parts 1 and 2 before moving on to this installment! Both of the previous two novellas end on a cliffhanger, and Part 3 picks up at the exact point that Part 2 finished.

The Haunting of Hattie Hastings has mor
Cheryl M-M
Sep 05, 2018 rated it liked it
The is the final part of The Haunting of Hattie Hastings trilogy. In the first part Hattie suffers the tragic loss of her husband Gary only for him to return as a ghost. His ghostly apparition becomes a permanent fixture in her life, and that of her friends. It soon becomes apparent that there is something he has to resolve before he can move on.

In the second part Gary finds he isn’t the only one stuck in-between the world of the living and that of ghosts. He also discovers why he can’t move on.
Christie72
This is the final book in a witty, charming, and really special series. Gary’s visits to Hattie are growing fewer, but he has a very special request for her to accomplish. We also catch up with Rachel’s mother and her health issues and with Cat who finds herself caught between a new love and an old one who swears he is a changed man. Get ready for a heartfelt and emotional read. Beware: have the tissues ready, oh but it is so worth the journey.

Oh my goodness, there were so many things I loved ab
B.R. Maycock
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was dreading this. The end of The Hattie Hastings series. And look at the first line of that blurb: ‘Gary’s time on earth seems to be coming to an end.’ And yet while I did sob proper tears in the book, there was so much hope and warmth and still the fun and the puns and the romance that I probably did spend more time smiling and laughing. One of the iterations of the ‘moving on’ that goes on in this part of the trilogy (as there’s much moving on when you think of it!) is possibly one of the m ...more
Donna Maguire

I had thoroughly enjoyed parts 1 and 2 of this series and was keen to see how it would end – I rated the first two books very highly so I was really hoping the author would give the series a fitting ending.

I loved the characters in the series and the writing style was great, the story flowed so well and even though it was spilt in to the three parts and I was left on a cliff-hanger after each one and had to wait for the next instalment it didn’t detract fr
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hattie is back as the narrative picks up where we left off at the end of Part Two. The Haunting of Hattie Hastings is a trilogy of novellas which need to be read in order. The first part ends on a cliff-hanger. The second part leaves you craving for the third and final novella. I'm lucky enough to have read them all back to back so my waiting time was equivalent to waiting for the kettle to boil before settling down with a fresh brew. I'm not sure I'd have been as invested within the plot if I h ...more
Lisa
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For me, The Haunting Of Hattie Hastings - Part Three was very much like returning to catch up with old friends. I've been a huge fan of The Hattie Hastings series, so part of me was eager to devour part three but I was also hesitant to complete too quickly as i knew it was the end of an era!Part three didn't disappoint, it is full of many funny moments but also many tears. Audrey has a wonderful writing style that seems to pull you into the pages and become acquainted with the characters very qu ...more
Simon Leonard
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is a bit sad but also happy and hopeful as it is the last one in the series and Hattie is having to move on with her life.

This is a very fitting end to the series as all the loose ends are nicely tied up and the way it was written made it a very easy and moving book to read.

It is very hard to write a long review on this book as it is a nice short story and I don't want to give anything away unintentionally, but all I will say is that you have to read this series as it has a lot more la
Michelle  Driscoll
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The third and final novella and what a great finish. The main characters were great and I grew to love them as a read each part, especially Gary and Hattie. It was nice to bring it all to a conclusion but I will miss Hattie.

Personally I feel it should be just be one book, rather than split into three smaller novella's, but maybe some time in the future it may happen. In the meantime they are all well worth a read. A well deserved 5 stars from me for the conclusion of The Haunting of Hattie Hast
Suzanna Salter
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this read, it is really one book (as far as I am concerned) but, comes in three books. The story is so endearing, heart-wrenching, funny and many other emotions. Hattie and Gary had been married for what felt like a life time. How does she deal with this grief? How does she cope with life in general? What goes through her mind when Gary reappears? The subject can be a very sensitive one, one that someone could steamroller over with insensitivity, not so with this book and auth ...more
Karen Farrow
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the final book in the trilogy. I have loved them from Part One and read all of them. Part Three does not disappoint. We find out what happens with Marty’s parents, the revolting Stewart, Johnny, Rachel, Cat, Jamie, Barry and of course Hattie. It is a lovely thought that there is an afterlife and I hope it is just as described in these books. Part Three ties up all the loose ends so you are not left thinking “I wonder what happened to ....”. However it is done in a way that flows and isn’ ...more
Jenny H
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this series! Humorous, witty and poignant, characters you feel you know and love (apart from slimy Stewart) and a satisfying ending. Do read it in the right order though. Does ghostly Gary stay in Hattie's life? What happens to her Mum, Rachel? Does Cat see sense over Stewart? Does Johnny finally grow up? All the characters are more fleshed out in this final volume. You even warm to spirit guide Clarence. Great little books to read in a single evening.
Andrea
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Having read part one and two and given 5 stars each, I have to say, part three is just as good and gripping as the previous two Hauntings of Hattie Hastings. I absolutely loved all three of them. A brilliant story line - a tad far fetched -however made realistic, funny, emotional and sad in places but utterly heart warming and a fantastic style of writing!! I liked each and every character and felt like I am one of Hattie's friends. I would read more by Audrey Davis. Definitely!!
Audrey Davis survived secondary school on the West coast of Scotland. Rubbish at science but not too bad at English, she originally wanted to be an actress but was persuaded that journalism was a safer option. Probably wise. She studied at Napier College in Edinburgh, the only place in Scotland at that time to offer a journalism course.
Her first foray into the hard-nosed newspaper world was as a j

The Haunting of Hattie Hastings (3 books)
  • The Haunting of Hattie Hastings (Part One)
  • The Haunting of Hattie Hastings (Part Two)