Start by marking “Brewing Death (Auntie Clem's Bakery, #5)” as Want to Read:
Brewing Death (Auntie Clem's Bakery, #5)

Brewing Death

(Auntie Clem's Bakery #5)

Erin is finally safe and sound in Bald Eagle Falls, with her sister in town and the chance to finally get to know her. She’s done with secrets and murder. But fate and a killer have other things in mind, and before she knows it, she is faced with an unexplained death, with Erin and her friends in the middle of it.

Tea and trouble are brewing in Bald Eagle Falls, and Erin d
Published July 20th 2018 by pd workman

To ask other readers questions about Brewing Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brewing Death

Jeanineitsme
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th installment in the Auntie Clem’s Bakery Book Series. Each of these books could potentially be read on their own, however, you will lose a lot of the background plot and character development if you do so. I would highly suggest you read these books in order so that you can enjoy the full set as it was meant to be read.

Once again, things have settled down in Bald Eagle Falls and Erin Price is hard at work in Auntie Clem’s Bakery, baking her gluten free goodies for her customers to
Roger
Sep 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
My sixth read from author P.D. Workman, although I own several of her books I’d never gotten around to reading one until I acquired Auntie Clem’s Bakery #3. I wanted to read the first two books in the series before reading it (I really don’t like to read books out of sequence), now I find myself reading Stirring Up Murder (Auntie Clem’s Bakery #4), then Brewing Death (Auntie Clem’s Bakery #4), after just finishing the sixth book in the series. Extremely well written as are all of P.D. Workman’s ...more
Merry Chapman
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Although you can read this as a standalone it is Book 5 in the Auntie Clem's Bakery series, and it is best to read the books in order so you have an idea of the history behind some of the characters. Erin is finally living in Bald Eagle Falls and able to focus on her Gluten Free Bakery with her best friend Vic and Terry her detective boyfriend. But the calm is soon broken when Erin's sister (who is not liked much) comes back to town with Joelle, a lawyer who is a self-absorbed, self-serving and ...more
Disney14604
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who dies, why, and who is Erin having to defend this time? These are just a few questions to be answered in this new book.

What I really like about this series is that the author brings other issues in life here to. Transgender, affairs, medicine vs alternative medicine (herbals, etc), dietary issues, belief systems, and they are consistent throughout the books. Not just a one time mentions.

If you have not read any of the previous books would highly recommend doing so. There are references to ch
Ellen White
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Surrounded by cook books to get rid of, and having sandwiches for an evening meal. Nothing like keeping things simple for Vic and her. Things are brewing in Bald Eagle Falls, advice of women of what should or shouldn’t be done. Don’t serve tea with tea bags that don’t have names on them, the list is endless, as well as the characters in this town. Plenty of bakery items, and murder once again, coming to the end to solve once again. A good light hearted series, to enjoy and the people in this tow ...more
Linda
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love visiting with Erin and Vic and having Terry Piper ( officer handsome) around has never been a problem for Erin before. But after Joellel is poisoned while Erin and Vic were with her, Terry turns the investigation over to Sheriff Wilmot. Erin, Charley and Adele are all suspected of the murder...As usual I was completely fooled as to whom the guilty party was. But I did enjoy the book and eagerly await the next edition.
I received an advanced copy of this book and have chosen to review it.
Norma Sullivan
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
What does 1 murder, 2 attempted murders and a gluten-free bakery have in common? Erin, a sweet, caring lady with more curiosity than is good for her. Join Erin, her friend Vic, Orange Blossom the cat and Marshmallow the bunny for a rolicking adventure.

Good story with great characters. I found a few editing errors and deducted 1 point for those, although I would much rather been able to give this book a solid 4.5 stars.
Bev
Jul 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Erin and Vic have their hands full just going through Auntie Clem's old paperwork and cookbooks. But murder won't leave them alone, even though the church die-hards think all this murder business is because of them and it disturbs the hitherto peaceful rural ambience. I enjoyed this story very much, I have not read the other ones, but I am going back to do so. I reviewed an ARC of this book voluntarily.
Ann
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book 5 in the Auntie Clem's Bakery series and I would recommend reading some of the previous books to get a good understanding for this one. Erin is living full time in Bald Eagle Falls and running her bakery. Joelle has returned to visit and is poisoned and dies while Vic and Erin are visiting with her. I like the setting and characters of this series but I'm not addicted to it. I received a copy of this ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: epub
I just love Workman. She is getting better with each book. Brewing Death was a fabulous read. Erin's character is growing nicely along with her relationships. Her ability to get mixed up in murder again and again is what draws you in. Erin is a kind good hearted person who always ends up in trouble. I did find that there were a few errors in the editing but that's ok. Looking forward to # 6.
Keep up the good work.
Cheers
Katie Thompson
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really Deep

There’s a lot going on with the series. It’s got a lot of contemporary issues and small town old timey thinking. Everything is dealt with in a well thought out manner, from Vic’s transgender to Adele’s wicca and Erin’s atheism. There are some really deep and insightful moments in the book, deeper than most cozy mysteries. But definitely absolutely worth reading.
Cheryl
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 5th in the series but first time reading this author for me. The main character is Erin the owner of a bakery for people who can't eat normal breads and sweet. She gets caught up in a murder investigation and she almost killed trying to find out who wants her dead.
I loved this book and will be reading more of her adventures.
Jennie Ersari
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another case of poisoning.

Erin gets involved in another case of poisoning and is also a victim of poisoning. She starts to believe she has brought bad luck to the town. The culprit of the poisoning was a big surprise.
Sandy
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This new cozy mystery by P.D. Workman has more twists and turns than a woodland path! It is well-plotted and the characters are believable. I guessed the killer’s identity about a page before it was revealed. I received this book free and chose to make a voluntary, unbiased review.
Kenneth Lingenfelter
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very good mystery. Erin seems to get in the middle of a murder investigation. She puts herself in peril trying to help solve a murder and attempted murder. It is a novel that you want to keep reading to find out the conclusion.
Debbiebooknerdyoung
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An interesting mystery that will keep you guessing. I'll be keeping an eye out for more by this author.
Mary Anglin
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this cozy mystery. It had good characters, good plot and an ending that I didn't see coming!
Jackie
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Erin is finally safe and sound, getting ready to hang out with her sister. Unfortunately murder and fate has different plans. Superb story.
Candylynnbluegmail.Com
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In trouble again

She just can’t help but be in the middle of another murder investigation!

This is a really good murder mystery! I really am enjoying the series!
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great mystery who done it! I love the fact that the stories center around
a gluten free bakery and small town. Look forward to the next book
Judith
GENEVIEVE HAYES
Aug 14, 2018
Barbara A Agnew
Dec 26, 2018
Award-winning and USA Today bestselling author P.D. (Pamela) Workman writes riveting mystery/suspense and young adult books dealing with mental illness, addiction, abuse, and other real-life issues. For as long as she can remember, the blank page has held an incredible allure and from a very young age she was trying to write her own books.

Workman wrote her first complete novel at the age of twelv

Auntie Clem's Bakery (9 books)
  • Gluten-Free Murder (Auntie Clem's Bakery, #1)
  • Dairy-Free Death (Auntie Clem's Bakery, #2)
  • Allergen-Free Assignation (Auntie Clem's Bakery, #3)
  • Stirring Up Murder (Auntie Clem's Bakery, #4)
  • Coup de Glace (Auntie Clem's Bakery, #6)
  • Sour Cherry Turnover (Auntie Clem's Bakery, #7)
  • Apple-achian Treasure (Auntie Clem's Bakery, #8)
  • Vegan Baked Alaska (Auntie Clem's Bakery #9)