Start by marking “The Stress Solution: The 4 Steps to Reset Your Body, Mind, Relationships and Purpose” as Want to Read:

**From the author of the Sunday Times bestselling The 4 Pillar Plan**

'A brilliant, life-changing book' - Lucinder Miller, Amazon review

Feeling overwhelmed, stressed out, or a little too busy? This is the perfect book for you to kick-start a calmer, happier and healthier 2019.

In The Stress Solution, bestselling author, GP and BBC doctor Rangan Chatterjee draws
Published December 27th 2018 by Penguin Life

To ask other readers questions about The Stress Solution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Stress Solution

Start your review of The Stress Solution: The 4 Steps to Reset Your Body, Mind, Relationships and Purpose
Vanessa
Jul 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Not quite as accessible as his first book, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading this one just the same. This is one that I will have to return to more often, as there are mini suggestion checklists for minimising stress in all areas dotted throughout. As always a beautifully put together book with real practical advice. I'm a fan!
Iona  Stewart
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another excellent book by the esteemed Dr Chatterjee.

I listen to his podcast interview every week and am dismayed that I have been unable to see his amazing Doctor in the House series, because our limited Danish TV companies refuse to buy it, though it has been transmitted to many, many European countries, as far as I have heard.

Dr Chatterjee, understanding that we are all far too busy these days, has identified stress as being our number one problem, and in this book
Shiny5711
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
I know there is a lot of good information in this book, but...like, he says to get up earlier and shows how he spends his morning getting up & having a cuppa & meditating & walking in the garden...Um, I have to get up at 0400 - feed animals and get out and to work by 0600. It's a little early for a cuppa much less a stroll in the garden! I know what he's saying and I'm not saying there's no tweaking his ideas to my life, but like many self-help works the reality of the life of the pe ...more
Emma
Feb 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book begins with the statistic that 60-80% of GP consultations are related to stress. This is worrying, but empowering at the same time. Dr Chatterjee has created an easy-to-read (and visually pleasant) guide to managing and reducing stress. Like others, I did find some of the advice overwhelming and as if I now have even more things to do in life. Overall, though,
My favourite tips are:
- find your life's purpose (this was a key point in another book I read recently, A New Earth by Eck
Dawn
Nov 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Divided into four main areas, this book focuses on stress and how it affects your purpose, relationships, body and mind and how to get stress under control. It’s very clear and well written and certainly a book I would dip back into when I want to restore calm back in my life.

Thank you to netgalley and the publishers for this arc in exchange for my honest review.
Terri-Lynn
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Practical. Inspirational. Highly recommended.
MKmuses
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Already following some of the pointers, I agree with many of his suggestions. Would help if he added more scientific citations.
Ellen
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this a very enjoyable and informative read. The Stress Solution also made me realise just how much modern society is corrupting our health and our happiness, and has given me a new perspective on how to spend my time.☀ ...more
Sudakshina Bhattacharjee
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have watched Dr Chatterjee’s BBC series and was familiar with his distinctive approach towards progressive medicine and lifestyle illnesses.
In the past year, I’ve been struggling on and off with digestive issues and after having treatment both in the UK and India, it turns out that a (sometimes unnecessarily) stressful lifestyle has been one of the culprits!
I’ve been doing some research of my own (the journalist within me couldn’t help it) and when I came across an article that Dr Chatterjee
Samantha
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: self-help, netgalley
The author has appeared on the TV a number of times, I've enjoyed his programmes so was curious to see what he said. i thought this was a useful book for even those not suffering from stress as it helps you look at your own life in a different way to bring a difference to your well-being.

This book contains 4 main sections: Purpose, Relationships, Body and Mind. Each section then has 3 chapters of information, from case studies to ideas in how to improve. The Purpose section looks at 3 habits of
Niels Philbert
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A lot of books, that try to tackle a multifaceted topic ends up either to deep/complex in one area or very superficial. I expected to find this book in the latter category.

I was very pleasently surprised to learn, that Rangan manages to fit both specific knowledge about neurotransmitters, sleep stages, sex, social connections etc. into a book, that is also very approachable, if you know very little about stress and how the human body responds to it.

I know quite a bit abou
Sharon Gausch
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Chatterjee dives deeper into his four-pillar plan in this second book, while also exploring and explaining how we in modern Western society are relentlessly bombarded with stressors large and small. He discusses realistic ways to reduce our stress load across the pillars: purpose, relationships, body, and mind. This book is full of suggestions and concrete yet simple things we can implement to reduce our stress load and help to maintain ourselves in a thrive state. An excellent read and a be ...more
Scott McCaughie
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
I didn't love this book, but one key takeaway was the fact I really don't suffer from stress that much. Many of the suggestions, I'm already doing. Perhaps if I was in a different environment the advice would prove very useful. Oddly, some of the acronyms and mnemonics actually made me feel stressed! I don't want to remember a bunch of these things just to reduce my stress levels... That's adding to any stress I'm feeling! "is it the 3 Ps, the 3 Ms or the LIVE framework I'm interested in now? Wh ...more
Rebecca
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic book which is both well-written and informative. It takes you through a wide variety of simple techniques and ideas to help manage stress. Each one is simple, and it's easy to see how by implementing some of these into your life, they could make a big difference. What I liked most about this book was how personal it was; I loved the anecdotes from patients, and from Dr. Chatterjee's own life which filled the pages and supported what he was saying.
Em
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
A beautifully presented book, nice for the coffee table as I think it's one that I will continue to pick up and flick through for some time to come. Sensible life style suggestions across a range of areas, you can pick and chose which ideas work for you, the idea being small changes here and there can bring about significant changes to your overall wellbeing. I have a growing interest in taking an holistic approach to my health and this book is a well organised guide to achieving that.
Fiona Gauthier
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am not the biggest fan of self help books but I enjoyed how this one was written, the real and practical advice given, the examples from actual patients. The lay out is nice, it’s an easy read and although nothing new it’s a refreshing look at what is already known. A very nice book for the genre.
Rachael Sandison
Feb 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book has been a big help for me. Learning not just how to combat stress but how it happens makes this book different to other “self help” books. The tips given are useful and insightful, nothing too drastic, completely doable for most people. K would highly recommend this book to anyone who is stressed, has anxiety or depression and wants to reset their life.
Rory
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's a good book with lots of sensible advice. Stress seems to be all we hear about these days; and we can get lots of advice on how to deal with it. But companies don't act on that and it can be work that is a big stressor.

This is the sort of book you read several times and get something new from each time.
Alyson
Nov 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Easy to read and lots of useful practical tips of things you can do to change your lifestyle.
Personally though, I think I prefer his earlier book, the Four Pillar Plan.
Significant detraction is several references to animal vivisection studies. Shows lack of compassion and understanding of bigger issues.
Tom Bradley
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Having read his first book, the 4 pillar plan, which I loved I was intrigued to read this book.

It does not disappoint. I genuinely feel that everyone can benefit from reading this.

It's well written and well presented.

I would avoid the kindle version and opt for the paperback version. This is a book you will come back to time and time again.
Vivek Nair
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of the best books for people who stress

This is one of the best books I have ever read on stress management and also on how to have a peaceful life. This is like a manual for a good life. Thanks Dr Rangan...
Leo Africanus
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A seriously accomplished synthesis and distillation of the latest evidence-based techniques for combating the myriad "Micro Stress Doses" that modern life may present. Easily digestible chunking of information alongside sensitively shared personal and professional experiences.
Yvette Skinner
Jan 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Readable and doable

Dr Chatterjee has written a great book on how to reduce stress in your life. He gives simple clear actions on different things to do. I liked the breathing chapter.
Kira
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wellness
Loved this book. The edition is very nice, good paper and pictures. The topics are on point and what I like most - the author gives practical tools, whether it's a breathing technique or ways to destress. There is a lot of scientific/medical information, so you really learn from the book.
Rona
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Very good. Loads of very useful information, advice and common sense. There is something in here for everyone, so if you are feeling stressed or unable to get on top of your life then I recommend this book. The author has a superb, gentle style which is disarmingly honest and personal.
Sharon
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really found this book helpful. Most of the content I’d already heard about on the author’s podcast, but I need all of the reinforcement I can get. I will probably need to read this again when the stressors start piling on.
Dmytro Safonov
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good straightforward book

Really well written and well structured book that can have a profound effect on your life. Think about your own purpose and meaning
Philip
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read well worth picking up
Laurie Barkin
Feb 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dr. Chatterjee has great advice for a reset. We all need less stress in our lives and this book is food for thought.
Sadie
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really like this guy - another great book following on from The Four Pillars and taking a deep dive into stress - lots of great information and tools...

• Just Eat It: How intuitive eating can help you get your shit together around food
  • The Source: Open Your Mind, Change Your Life
  • The Book You Wish Your Parents Had Read (and Your Children Will Be Glad That You Did)
  • Time and How to Spend It: The 7 Rules for Richer, Happier Days
  • Jog On: How Running Saved My Life
  • The Balance Plan: Six Steps to Optimize Your Hormonal Health
  • Morning: How to make time: A manifesto
  • The Doctor’s Kitchen - Eat to Beat Illness
  • The Energy Principle: How to use food as fuel to give you the ultimate winning edge – in everything that you do
  • Easy Peasy Puppy Squeezy: Your Simple Step-by-Step Guide to Raising and Training a Happy Puppy
  • An Edited Life: Simple Steps to Streamlining Your Life, at Work and at Home
  • The Organised Mum Method: Transform your home in 30 minutes a day
  • How to Be Human: The Manual
  • Brave New Girl: Seven Steps to Confidence
Dr. Rangan Chatterjee is regarded as one of the most influential doctors in the UK and wants to change how medicine will be practised in years to come. He has been called a pioneer and is changing the way that we look at illness. He is known for finding the root cause of people's problems and he highlighted his methods in the ground-breaking BBC television show, Doctor in the House, which has been ...more
“True happiness is when what you think, what you say and what you do are the same thing’ – Gandhi” 1 likes
“There’s plenty of fantastic evidence that shows we can gain huge benefits from altering the way we view our daily stresses.” 0 likes