Start by marking “Seven Letters” as Want to Read:
Seven Letters

Seven Letters

'It's great! Thought-provoking, gripping and moving' Marian Keyes

Sarah loves being a mother - it defines her.

Every year she writes a birthday letter of love to her adored daughter, Izzy, now seven. And after she falls pregnant, she promises Izzy that the arrival of a baby brother will make their family complete. So when she collapses a few months later, the safe happy life
Published May 2nd 2019 by Penguin Ireland

To ask other readers questions about Seven Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Seven Letters

Margaret Madden
May 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full review to follow, but let’s just say I’m drained. What a thought-provoking read.
I'll admit that I launched into "Seven Letters" with some trepidation, not being a particular fan of either chick lit or fiction based around "thought provoking social issues". I've found Jodi Piccoult's books, which I know many absolutely love, to be quite contrived in the way her characters are placed in dramatic personal dilemmas, but frequently seem not to be required to actively resolve them one way or the other.
"Seven Letters" follows the story of the close family members of popular and be
Megan Jones
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sarah loves being a mother - it defines her. Every year she writes a birthday letter of love to her adored daughter, Izzy, now seven. After she falls pregnant, she promises Izzy that the arrival of a baby brother will make their family complete. So when she collapses a few months later, the safe happy life Izzy knows is shattered. With Sarah's future, and the future of her pregnancy, in their hands, her husband and sister disagree fiercely about her treatment. The once close family starts to fal ...more
Steph
Jun 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
431 pages and not sure how many tears later I finished the book and here I am writing the review. I don’t want to give away any spoilers but still, I would like to prepare you for it – do not open it before you have Kleenex box right next to you.

Seven letters was inspired by a real court case which makes it even more horrifying. As it’s written on the very first page of the book “There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and
Kt
Jun 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sarah is the perfect mum and wife. After several years she’s now fourteen weeks pregnant with a much wanted and hoped for baby boy. Life is pretty much perfect for Sarah until she collapses and turns the worlds of her daughter, husband, sister, brother in law, niece and dad upside down. The blurb does not give much away about just how significant Sarah’s injuries are or the terrible choice her family has to make about her and her baby. I’m not going to spoil what happened but I will say that it’ ...more
Kate Bridie
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I only discovered Sinead Moriarty recently and I adore her books so far. Her stories are so emotional and thought-provoking and remind us how precious life and loved ones are.
I loved Seven Letters and re-read many passages in the book several times, keeping the tissue box in close proximity. Sinead's stories really stay with me and I have all her books on my 'want to read' list.
Candy
May 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from this brilliant author. You always know it's going to be good when you get a Sinead Morairty book. Quite heartbreaking in places and let's face it there is no happy ending. But none the less it's a brilliant book and it made me cry!
10/10
AUdrey Magee
Good but not great

I enjoyed reading this book at the beginning but it is very long drawn out. Good holiday read by the pool.
Lindi Rudnicki
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Written in true Sinead Moriarity style! Outstanding! Very, very sad so keep a box of tissues handy! Thank you Sinead you never disappoint!
Ms N Finnerty
May 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Emotional read . Very sad. Hard book to put down.

Very sad book . Not Sineads usual funny sense of humor. Hard to get through some of it found myself skipping on.
Leona
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely brilliant . I loved every page of this book . It broke me in places and at times couldn’t read the words because of the tears. Such an emotional read .
Gillian
May 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a sad and yet brilliant read. Couldn’t put it down. Great book
Gill Brown
May 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heartbreakingly sad story but so beautifully written, it pulls at every emotion. You will need tissues but well worth reading.
Sam Clarke
Jun 06, 2019
Kaylene
May 04, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Sinéad was born and raised in Dublin where she grew up surrounded by books. Her mother is an author of children’s books. Growing up, Sinead says she was inspired by watching her mother writing at the kitchen table and then being published. From that moment on, her childhood dream was to write a novel.

After university, she went to live in Paris and then London. It was at the age of thirty, while wo