Start by marking “Payback's A Bitch (Awkward Love, #6)” as Want to Read:
Payback's A Bitch (Awkward Love, #6)

Payback's A Bitch

(Awkward Love #6)

I’m the girl who likes ‘the cock in the back hole.’

At least, that’s what the dating profile my so-called friends set up for me claims. I’m also into BDSM, Furries and ‘I’ll try anything twice.’

I have no idea the profile exists until the replies start rolling in. They range from funny, to downright creepy and everything in between. Just as I’m shutting down my email account
183 pages
Published August 27th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Payback's A Bitch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Payback's A Bitch

Start your review of Payback's A Bitch (Awkward Love, #6)
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FOUR STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

PAYBACK’S A BITCH, the sixth installment of the ”Awkward Love” series by Missy Johnson, is filled with many laugh-out-loud and steamy moments. This is a sweet and oftentimes silly “stepbrother” romance, and I really enjoyed it. Darcy was the crazy best-friend of the Heroine from ”DON’T GO THERE”. I thought she was just a ditzy and immature twenty-year-old, but in her story, I actually felt a little sorry for her.

Darcy’s birthday is on April
Jo - •.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•
Darcy has the unfortunate luck of sharing her birthday with April Fool’s Day. This means that every year her best friends come up with the most outrageous pranks and challenges for her to endure. This year is no exception.

Darcy awakens the morning after her birthday to a huge pile of missed calls, texts and emails from a fake profile that her friends set up for her on ‘Anything Goes.’ If it’s not bad enough that she is another year older and feeling the effects of a hangover - she now has a
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Darcy is a 23 yr. old woman who just finished her psychology degree and is about to start a new job. Her mom recently met and fell in love with one of the most respected judges in California, and he’s about to become her stepdad. Her new family will also include two new stepbrothers. One is younger and annoying, but the other is closer to her age and an arrogant, rude, sexy jerk. Cameron Hunter seems to get joy out of irritating her. Then again so do her best
Nadine Bookaholic
While Payback's A Bitch is the sixth book in the Awkward Love Series it can be read alone, each book in the series has it's own theme/trope and this one is step-siblings. We met Darcy in Don't go There and I had a feeling she would be getting her own book because with a secondary character like her there was no way she couldn't. Darcy is spunky and funny and quick with a quip, she had me laughing out loud more than once in both books.

Darcy has the unfortunate birthday of April Fools Day, which
Aug 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
Darcy and Cameron are enemies. Sort of. Really, they have negative impressions of one another from a distance.

After Darcy's friends post an ad online saying she'll do anything twice, she heard from all types of...unique...suitors.

Cameron decides what needs to be done is to start a text flirtation with Darcy, as "James" who found her through the ad.

Understandably, she's not pleased when she finds out. So she decides to exact revenge.

Pranks and the like are fine in books, unless they are cruel.
Missy Johnson
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
** People who pre-ordered Payback’s A Bitch **

I’m so sorry, but I uploaded the wrong file (unedited) to Amazon prior to publishing by mistake. This should ONLY concern pre-orders. The correct file was uploaded as soon as the book went live. The wrong file will say “Advanced Reader Copy” on the title page.

If you received one of these copies, please contact me via Facebook www.facebook.com/MissycJohnson or email me at missycjohnson@gmail.com so I can send the correct copy to you. Even if you have
Pick a Book
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
3,7 "you owe me a dance" stars

OMG! I laughed a lot on this book. I don't know where the author got this pranks ideas but they sure were a lot of fun. I enjoyed both hero and heroine. I think PAYBACK'S A BITCH is my favorite from this awkward love series.
It was fun, a fast reading and enjoyable. I wish for more books like that. It made me smile a lot.

*An arc was provided by the author. Thank you!
Anne Z.
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5

I loved this book! The right amount of charm and humor.
It was the first book I read by Missy Johnson and I am off to read all the other books in the series now!
Three Chicks
Aug 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

Darcy has friends who live to torment her with pranks. Her birthday is April Fools Day and that's the one day they strive to pay her back for all the things she does to them all year long.

Darcy starts to get filthy texts on her phone. Texts promising naughty, disgusting acts and texts asking what naughty, disgusting acts she will do. Turns out her friends pulled the ultimate sex ad prank on her.

Darcy's mom is about to marry Jim, a successful judge. He has two kids-Cameron, a
Sofia Lazaridou
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Payback's A Bitch is the newest addition to the Awkward love series. It can be read as stand-alone, but those who have read the previous book (Don't go there) might notice that Darcy also appears there and in this one, we have some cameos. The story was much better in Darcy's book though and I remembered why I liked the series so much. It was fun and I was starting to worry that Cameron would really start cross-dressing for the rest of his life. He didn't seem like that kind of guy from the ...more
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
This was such a fun read. Johnson delivers an engaging, laugh out loud, romantic comedy.

I thoroughly enjoyed the witty and, at times, ridiculous back and forth between Cameron and Darcy. They totally cracked me up. As I was reading, I just wanted to shake them both and tell them to just stop with the games and go for it! Their chemistry is palpable and when they finally caved to it, it was steamy! The build and anticipation was perfect.

This was an easy and fantastic read. No crazy drama, just
Michele McMullen
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Darcy and Cam are laugh out loud funny. It starts out with Darcy's friends playing a usual gag on her with April Fools being her birthday she never gets off easy. This time they went a bit crazy by advertising her on a dating web site and let's just say they gave her a lot of freaky tendencies. Darcy and Cam soon to be related through marriage their parents are getting hitched. Cam has always found Darcy interesting and yes she is extremely sexy without trying. He finds out that she is on the ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Payback's A Bitch by Missy Johnson is book 6 in the Awkward Love Series. This is the story of Cameron and Darcy. This can be a standalone book if you wish to do so.
Darcy was born on April Fools day so she is used to jokes and pranks. But when this year one of the pranks played on her ends up breaking the bearer between her future hot stepbrother and her it turns into something else.
This was such a good easy read! Really enjoyed so much that I have to back track now so I can catch the other
Anne Milne
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a really fun book I found myself smiling and giggling alot.

Unfortunately for Darcy her birthday is on April fools day a fact her friends use as an excuse to play practical jokes on her every year. This year's prank is the best seriously I totally cracked up reading it. Her mum is soon to be married and she's going to have a hot stepbrother.

I loved Darcy and her friends they are a great group supportive and fun. The competitive nature of both Darcy and Cameron mean there are some
Jamie Campbell
“I’m so sorry to interrupt, but I’ve been trying to work up the courage to come over here and speak with you all night,” I murmur, flashing him a hesitant smile.
I twirl a lock of my long, dark hair around my finger and glance back over at him, doing my best to look embarrassed.
“I’m glad you did.” He hums, giving me an encouraging smile. “So, what can I do for you, sugar?”
“I wanted to ask you something.” I let out a nervous laugh, then I take a deep breath. “God, this is embarrassing, but I was
Stefanie Kral
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 Furry Stars!!!

Missy Johnson legit has me crying with every single book she writes. I’m either crying bc it’s one of those ugly cry stories OR bc I’m laughing so hard I can’t help it. This Awkward Love series is hysterical.

We meet Darcy in the previous story Don’t Go There and she had me giggling whenever she popped up. So, I was glad to see she was getting a book. You don’t need to read the previous books but if you’re looking for great light funny reads then I’d suggest you read
Renee
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it

I'm the girl who likes "the backdoor". At least, that's what the dating profile my so-called friends set up for me claims. I'm also into BDSM, Furries and I'll try anything twice. I have no idea the profile exists until the replies start rolling in . They range from funny, to downright creepy and everything in between. Just as I'm shutting down my email account for good, a new message pops up. He's
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review and all opinions are my own.

Having never read a book by Missy Johnson, I had no idea what to expect but was excited to meet a new author's work. I couldn't wait to get started because I absolutely adore step brother romances. It is something about the slightly forbidden and often love/hate aspect of their relationship that makes me all giddy inside. After being introduced to Missy's characters and getting to know Darcy and Cameron a little bit, I
Tina Morgan
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Missy is fast becoming one of my favorite authors to read. Her books are funny and romantic all at the same time and of course those are some of my favorite books to read. But it has to be done just right, sometimes the comedy part of some books I’ve read have fallen flat not Missy’s tho. In this book it all starts out as a joke but goes downhill fast. Because Darcy and Cam just keep going back and forth with each other. Neither of them like to lose and both very competitive. And it doesn’t help
Cee Cee Houston
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Can you imagine you birthday being on April Fool’s day? Well, I’m sure some people can, lol. In Payback’s a Bitch, the sixth in the hilarious ‘Awkward Love’ series by Missy Johnson that’s exactly what Darcy is living with and having to deal with her two best friends who love nothing more than to prank her on her special day. She’s always got them back, until this year.
This is way worse than normal and Darcy has to sort through some creepers after they set her up with a BDSM dating profile. But
Julia Red Hatter Book Blog
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Get ready to laugh until tears are streaming down your face and your sides are hurting! Missy Johnson brought all the giggles, laughs, snorts, gasps with Darcy and Cameron! I knew after meeting Darcy that her book would be the funniest one yet, and I was right! What starts as a few pranks turns into an all out war with confusing emotions on both sides and two people aren't sure sure what is a game and what is real.

Darcy is the funniest chick yet! She isn't scared of much, and she definitely has
Christina Concus (Moonlight Novels)
I loved this book, like all others in this series!!!

The interaction between all of the characters really makes this book. The pranks that are played are good and almost to an extreme on a couple but still funny.

Darcy is not one to let anyone get away with pranking her even though her birthday is on April Fool's Day. She will one up them because it's just the way she is. That is until her best friends most recent prank. Will this prank just be to good or will it lead to more than she was looking
Sharon Moritz-rosenthal
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a review copy of the book before release for an honest review.

This is a funny and HOT story about payback being a bitch and it starts as Darcy's friends play a practical joke on her with the dating profile from hell.

Cameron is her step brother to be and he finds out about her profile and messages her and that's how the two start getting to know the other. Cam is pretty decent and while they text each other and flirt. He eventually comes clean and I loved how he dealt with the
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
What a blast! This story was so much fun. A bit corny, lots of laugh out loud moments and even some serious parts thrown in the mix. Having met Darcy in Book 5, I suspected going in this story was going to be off the charts and sure enough, the author delivered. Even though we did meet Darcy in an earlier story, this one does stand perfectly fine on its own.

The chemistry and tension between Darcy and Cameron were off the charts. Loved the text play between the two. However, the secondary
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I enjoyed the overall premise of this book but there were quite a few awkward moments. I have no problem with stepsiblings falling in love since they aren’t related at all as long as they didn’t grow up together. And that’s not the case with Cameron and Darcy since they met as adults. But I do have an issue with a 12 year old talking crassly about sex and cursing up a storm, which happened quite a bit. I felt the games went a little too far until I didn’t know what was real and what was fake ...more
Lauren
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I went into this book not sure what to think lol. I won't lie I probably laughed 85% of this book. Darcy is a true prankster and when her friends prank her its to the extreme. Cameron and her are something else but in a funny way it just works. The dynamic between them is unique and fun to go along with. These two prank each other and they are hilarious but they end up hurting each other also. In the end it all works out!!!
Amber Caylor
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I can't stop smiling!

This book was a quick, easy read packed with loads if laughs, sexual tension and love. My only objection is that there's not more for me to read. I love it when a book can both make me crack up and get me all hot and bothered at the same time. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!
Vanessa
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unlikely but good

Two tricksters keep trying to one up each other in this unlikely love story. I enjoyed the banter between the characters. The editing is improved over the previous books in this series which is a great plus. Will most likely read the next book when it's available.
Gwen Shafer
Aug 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one. Had become a favorite of Missy's. She had me on the floor rolling with laughter during some of this book. The different things these two do to each other to get back at each other. You will love this one. There is so much humor in this one. I loved Darcy and her will power to get payback. But I absolutely loved the end.Highly recommend this one.
Inked Belle’s Book Blog
3.5 Hilarious Stars!!

This is my first read from Missy Anderson. The humor and dialogue in the book is great. The back and forth antics of the characters is a bit much and over the top. I would’ve liked less silliness and more depth to their relationship. Overall, a fun light read.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Cherry Popper
  • Love by Pranks (#LovePranks, #1)
  • Satin and Pearls (The Virgin Diaries #1)
  • Sweet Revenge
  • Anything You Need (Cataclysm, #1)
  • Baby Mistake (Castille Hotel #2)
  • That Guy
  • Southern Charmer (Charleston Heat, #1)
  • Accidentally Hitched (Accidental Hookups, #1)
  • Hold Me Today (Put A Ring On It, #1)
  • Never Catch The Bouquet
  • Soldier Boy
  • Play Boy (Blue Collar Bachelors, #2)
  • Ex's Best Friend
  • Breaking the Rules (Inked Hearts, #5)
  • Her Cherry (Objects of Attraction, #2)
  • Queen of Klutz (The Sibby Series, #1)
  • Southern Player (Charleston Heat, #2)
Missy lives in a small town in Central Victoria with her husband, and her confused pets (a dog who think she's a cat, a cat who thinks he's a dog...you get the picture).

When she's not writing, she can usually be found looking for something to read.

Awkward Love (7 books)
  • It's Complicated (Awkward Love, #1)
  • I Can Explain (Awkward Love, #2)
  • Too Much Information (Awkward Love, #3)
  • Comfort Zone (Awkward Love, #4)
  • Don't Go There (Awkward Love, #5)
  • A Sticky Situation (Awkward Love, #7)