Start by marking “Find Me (Immersed Book 1)” as Want to Read:
Find Me (Immersed Book 1)

Find Me

(Immersed #1)

When the one you love is trapped in the place you fear most, do you set them free? Or join them?

Skye Sebastian lives far from the ocean that destroyed her family's happiness, but her father's brooding obsession with her mother's death keeps their loss close. When Skye returns to the coastal village of her childhood in search of answers, she meets Hunter, a compelling, myst
Published June 10th 2018 by Ocean Echo Books

To ask other readers questions about Find Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Find Me

Annika
description

Well, this didn't work out too well for me...
Skye was stupid, as in far too stupid to live. I can't even remember all the times she foolishly placed herself in mortal danger, only to be saved by some hunk.
Hunter was... meh. Boring, to be honest. I'll have forgotten all about him by this time tomorrow.
The love story was so insta, kitschy and saccharine, it nearly gave me diabetes.
The writing was repetitive and flowery, full of cheesy similes.
The ending was far too convenient to be anywhere near b
Coco.V
May 31, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (5/31/2019)! 🎁
Ann
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Compelling...
This book draws you in right from the start. As you journey along with Skye you really want to find out all the secrets about the mysterious Hunter and if that can be together. It's a perfect blend of fantasy and subtle romance. The ending is satisfying and yet leaves you wanting more.
Perfect for fans of The Watersong Series and Twilight.
Becca Williams
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

Such a good read! You just get totally pulled in and can't stop reading! It really takes you into its own world - I just love these kinds of books that create their own intense reality and pull you into the story. Skye and Hunter are such great characters and Sky is really relatable and likeable. I highly recommend this book!
Bev Robitai
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
From the moment Skye glimpsed Hunter’s riveting eyes under the sea I was drawn into her quest to discover more about this mysterious boy who only appears in the ocean. The beachfront setting and Skye’s friends are all completely real, normal and believable, lending credibility to the story as Skye learns more about Hunter and the mystery of her own aversion to the sea. The author’s descriptions are powerful enough to take the reader right into the ocean, feeling the cool water and gritty sand un ...more
Debbie Turk
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
A Well Written Read!!🐚👍 2.5 Stars 🌟

Skye Sebastian is 17 and returning to the Island where she grew up, for the summer, until her mother's mysterious death. Her Dad has become obsessed with folklore about the sea, it's as though he's convinced his wife could return if he could just solve the puzzle!! She had apparently walked into the sea & was never seen again, her body was never found! Skye doesn't believe this, but she misses her best friend Morgan & the Sea has been calling her home!!
Janine Williams
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing, couldn't put it down! A real page turner!

If you are a Twilight or Mortal Instruments fan you will love this! Mysterious and suspenseful, full of danger and romance.
I love Skye, she's real, she's the kind of heroine you can relate to and the story hooked me in from the beginning.
This book is the perfect read. Can't wait for the next one!!
Kimi
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great first book to this series!

I really love Disney's version of the Little Mermaid. So to be able to read a story which is the total opposite of how my idea of Mermaids/Merman in this case the Nemaro. Was really fascinating and at times dark but in such a good way! It's so tragic yet there lies this hope. And the attraction between Skye & Hunter gives me all the feels! They are so perfect for each other. So many twists and turns and surprises my gosh! Towards the end... I was sooo H
Jeanette George
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Skye is afraid of the ocean but decides to go back to the Island where she spent her early childhood. She is forced to confront her fears almost as soon as she leaves the main land.

I enjoyed Find Me. The story was unexpected. I really thought the underlying myth was going to be different than what it turned out to be and I'd say it was pretty unique.

Find Me has an absorbing plot with just enough suspense to make you keep turning pages.

I honestly think the author could have ended it as it stand
Brenna Vreeland
Sep 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is very well written! The only reason I docked a star is because it is very slow paced, I found myself putting the book down a lot and getting distracted. It was a little odd actually because the first chapter pulled me in and then it kind of died off for me. But never fear once they go into the mythic backgrounds it picked up! I wish it happened a little sooner so I could've enjoyed it more but that's just me! I'd definitely pick up the second book but I dont think it's one that I'll ...more
Maggie
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fishy tale

Started off really well, good characters and storyline, but midway through the story it got a bit repetitive. It Definitely pulled itself back though with the remaining quarter and ended with just enough to make you want to read the next installment.
For me though I was quite happy with the ending. I liked the storyline when it found its rhythm it was a real page turner. I felt it was aimed at a younger audience but enjoyed it all the same.
Very sweet and endearing with just enough dra
DesiRae Jones
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A nice fairytale twist

I really enjoyed this book.

My desire for fairytales, fantasy, danger, and romance were all satisfied. With a 'Little Mermaid' meets 'Twilight' kind of feel Francesca really pulled me in with the need to see what happened. Questions filles my head with possible outcomes. Will Skye and Hunter end up together? Will she become a Nemaro? Will tragedy strike and the ending be sad and mournful?

I have to say, I enjoyed how this part ended and I look forward to seeing where the sto
Christy Hancock
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AMAZING!!!! 5+++ stars!! What a great start to a new series!! Witty and wonderful characters bring this book to life for the reader. So happy I was introduced to this author. The unique storyline draws you right in. I couldn't put it down!! I was hooked from page one. This one is MUST read!! To me it reads like an old myth would.....so enjoyable!!! Can't wait to get into book 2!!
Conny
This book took my breath away, so good.
I don't know what more I can say ...
This world is so beautyful and scary at the same time.
Just close your eyes and drift away ...
And let the magic take you away for a while and just dream ...
Brittany
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
An interesting spin on those who live in the sea can't wait to see what happens in the next book
Joseph
Jun 03, 2019
Cassie Faber
Jun 05, 2019
Francesca Riley
Jul 28, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Nancy Jones

Immersed (2 books)
  • Find Me Begins, A Prequel (Immersed Book 0)