Start by marking “Ollie on the Out (Till There Was You #2)” as Want to Read:
Ollie on the Out (Till There Was You #2)

Ollie on the Out

(Till There Was You #2)

How do you win the heart of someone who loathes your touch?

Drew
Ollie Mattis has haphephobia, an irrational fear and aversion to being touched. If I hadn’t witnessed his body, broken and bruised, I would not have understood his meltdown when his father tries to comfort him. Almost two years later, Ollie’s still struggling to maintain relationships with even his family. His
Published October 25th 2018 by Coco Nutz Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ollie on the Out, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ollie on the Out

Start your review of Ollie on the Out (Till There Was You #2)
Lyn❤Loves❤Listening #AUDIOBOOKADDICT

This was so close to being a 4 star rating, but the extra drama at the end felt unnecessary.
Cee Brown
♥.•🌟¨)☆♡¸.•🌟´¨)☆♡¸.•♥🌟´¨)☆♡♥
♡🌟(¸.•♥´🌟5 Outstanding stars

There is no denying this is one of the books I have been waiting on this year. When I was first introduced to Ollie in Gianni Holmes's Easy Does It Twice, I loved him. He was just trying to understand the person he was finding out about and then the drama started. I swear I cried for an entire week after reading book one and knew I just need the author to give vengeance and resolution.

I was prepared for angst and more tears. What I got was
Denise H.
A journey of healing for Ollie victim of a beating and rape. It had been a year, but Ollie has an aversion to touch. Then he discovers ex-cop Drew, a family friend, makes him feel safe, but it's more. We have a slow burn with their secret feelings and we watch the progress.
Ollie is a college student, 20,

with several hair colors along the way, green eyes and hope.

Drew, 30, ginger, was the one

who snuck in after hours to watch over Ollie last year while he was in the hospital. Drew is a securi
Anke
Sep 12, 2019 marked it as dnf
Somehow I'm just not in the mood for this book. ...more
Sanna
Jun 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: MM romance fans looking for angstier type reads
Touching, emotional, angsty HEA story

This is a second title in an MM contemporary romance series about same bunch of people with the emphasis on different main couple. I read this as a standalone eithout trouble though I would recommend others starting with title 1. There's HEA.

It was well written and on top of that the author had tackled such tough subjects that I had to give it 5. As trigger warnings too: In addition to age difference, the other mc was a sufferer of severe trauma from past ab
Stacey Escalera blog
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ollie on the out/ till there was you.
Wow what an amazing heart felt read.
Ollie Character took me to so many levels of emotions.
Like I was so evolved with this story because I wanted Ollie to succeed,
And overcome his trails in Tribulations.
It was nice to read about Drew and how Ollie characters interaction.
I recommend this book to Anyone that loves a great story plot and that makes u put you're self
In these MC shoes.
Overall this book meet my expectations and more.
I voluntary read an advance reade
Claudia
omg my hurting OLLIE!!!!
This book is AWESOME! Ollie and Drew totally grabbed my heart from the first page!!! i'm diving into book 3
THIS IS A MUST READ
dbbks3
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Not Easy Emotionally But Worth It.

This story was emotionally difficult but a story of a deep love. Read This books in order so you can know Ollie before ...

Ollie's spirit is strong. It has to be for him to survive. The author did not make his recovery an easy happening. I appreciated that. It would have been a disservice to all victims of sexual assault to make it a swift recovery. (I still no not like Drew's parents.)

Husband Holmes is an author I will keep reading.
Sadie Jay
Feb 02, 2020 rated it liked it
I think this and the first in the series could have been 4 stars for me if there had been better editing. There were sentences that didn't make sense, missing words, or simply the wrong words. I found myself skipping paragraphs at a time. Normally, I would have DNFed, but I liked the characters enough to keep reading. I doubt I read the next in the series for that reason, though. ...more
Kelanie Black
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gianni Holmes is such an amazing author! This book will wanna make you laugh, cry and cheer with each character! Such a wonderful read! Highly recommended!
Karen
Oct 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very intense hurt/comfort story, heavy on angst, but understandably so given what happened to Ollie. It's a very emotional story, not an easy read, but certainly one that will give you all the feels. I loved it!

I've had Ollie on my mind since reading about him in Easy Does It Twice and I'm so happy to see him finally get his HEA! He went through hell, but he wasn't destroyed by it, he survived and healed, which was a relief to read, quite frankly. I loved the significance of the title!
MaryCT
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this book much more than I did. It all boiled down to lack of communication. If people were upfront and honest about their feelings, all the drama would have been over before it started. If Drew and Ollie were open and honest about their relationship, if Drew was open and honest about his feelings regarding Ollie going off to college, if Ollie was open and honest about how he felt after receiving the news about his biological father. It was constant drama. The only time I actual ...more
Kelli D
Sep 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read

While I liked this book, I didn't love this book. I didn't read book 1 in the series so I was a little thrown at first about what was going on, but that's on me, and it didn't take me long to get caught up. But I think what was throwing me off ****small spoiler alert******
Gordon's reaction to Drew and Ollie. There is only a 10 year age gap so it wasn't that bad and I'm sorry if my son had ever been thru what Ollie went thru and then I noticed he was finally started to come around andact
FAQs
Jul 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
It was tough watching Ollie struggle. It was kind of interesting that the therapist suggested Ollie pretend to be someone else or disassociate in order to talk about what happened, but here it worked. Ollie was a lot stronger than he gave himself credit for.

I get where his mind was at, but I wish Drew would have fought harder for Ollie after the blowout.

Also, I hate Marshall! Instead of being a friend to Drew he downplayed his relationship at every turn, told him about Ollie's new "boyfriend"
Reading*Renee
Hurt/comfort with an age gap is one of my favorite tropes and "Ollie on the Out" took that category to a whole new level. My heart broke while still reading the prologue, at which point I was already all-in with this story and its two MCs, Ollie and Drew.

This is a heavy, angsty story - so much so that I had to take a few pauses reading it - but it was also so compelling and heartfelt. Even with the guaranteed HEA, I was rooting so hard for Ollie and Drew - both personally and in their relationsh
T
Nov 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my goodness, I loved this book! I was heart broken by Ollie's attack and subsequent suffering so to see him finally get his HEA was wonderful! Drew was a wonderful character and the way he cared for Ollie and supported him was fantastic! These characters were vivid and real in a way that pulled me in and wouldn't let go. The author wrote about difficult and traumatic subject matters in a truly real but yet respectful way. I was already a fan but I'm truly impressed with the depth of this wond ...more
Esther Alayeto
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An incredibly beautiful and emotional story that I could not put down. I have been anxiously awaiting Ollie's story and it was so much better than expected. It's a poignant, emotional, heartbreaking story that had me in tears, both sad and happy tears. The bond and strong connection that Ollie and Drew have can really be felt throughout this story. Drew's patience, understanding, and protectiveness of Ollie are incredible. I loved watching Ollie work through everything and truly begin to heal wi ...more
SaBine
Jan 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. Well written, with lots of angst and a very sweet Drew.
The only thing I found a bit away from reality were the parents of Drew. Can somebody really be that twisted?
I made the mistake to start with this book first because it was recommended in a FB group, but recognized soon enough that it's better to read "Easy does it twice" first. It's necessary for the understanding!
JD Crittendon
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Healing and Moving On!

Role-play, selfless actions, and an unwavering connection are elements of the Ollie & Drew romance. Good poignant writing, relatable MCs and co-characters. The story does have a certain amount of heavy angst but it’s written with sensitivity and hopefulness. A bit intensive but enjoyable read.

I want to read the Marshall & Perry story. Their relationship seemed oddly quick and out of nowhere, so similar to Ollie & Drew’s. I need an explanation!
Elin
Apr 10, 2021 rated it really liked it
It's a very sweet book, despite the subject of the book. Drew caring for Ollie, no matter how small the gesture was.
I liked Ollie's journey to finding back to himself, and discovering who he was, and it was a roller coaster of emotions when I jumped in to the story.

I noticed it was one of the first books to the author, the editing isn't as good as later on, there's some grammar mistakes, but nothing that takes away from the story.
Barbara
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ollie is one of the strongest characters I ever read about, fearless confronting his fears, straightforward and the very incarnation of hope. Drew is so delicate and loving, so supporting and accepting, that sometimes I asked myself if it was for real. I really enjoyed reading it, their journey, Ollie's journey discovering himself, his strength and resilience. Totally recommended! ...more
Louise
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Finally together!

Drew and Olie story has so much struggling together to make their life together.
This story makes you cry and sad and finally very happy. It all reads very real and I'm glad I have bought these 3 books about characters that came to life. Thank you Gianni for such amazing writing.
Penny Ellen
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Woah Ollie on the Out was quite intense, but damn was it written well.
Ollie and his journey is one of triumph, I really loved watching Ollie come into his own and find himself.
Drew was amazing and so caring, he had patience and so much understanding.
These two were so perfect each other, they just fit.
Chellabration
Time of death 33%
I just can't understand how suddenly Drew has like zero confidence/self esteem... How am I supposed to believe he can really help Ollie?

Ollie felt like the strong one here... I just didn't like the dynamic.
This could have been a great story... The premise was great. Execution failed for me... But what do I know? A lot of others liked it so
Mel r
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Haunting, tender, sweet recovery story

Recovering from sexual assault hasn't been easy for Ollie. Especially when he was assaulted by one of the people who should have loved and cherished him. But building a life with Drew means enough to make all the pain worthwhile.
Sharon Sims
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!

I really love your Stories Gianni Holmes!!
Again, just as the last two books, I fell in
Love with the characters and their all the
Pain they experienced! Thank you for
Your gut renching stories!! 💛💛💛💛
Jamie
Apr 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Awesome

This book was so great. I really loved Ollie, he had such a great personality and it was great to see him overcome what happened to him. Drew was also a great character and their love making Ollie himself again was just wonderful.
Teresa Banschbach
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Ollie & Drew

Beyond excellent with all the heartbreak and feels you can handle. Join Ollie & Drew as they work to overcome all the obstacles (parents, friends, distance, and multiple traumas) on their way to their. HEA.
Erticchic378
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Woah!

I was not at all expecting this. Well done! Amazing storyline, great MC’s, and all the feels! Definitely worth the read.
RomanceMama
Feb 03, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So good

I really feel like the author poured their heart and soul into this book. That Ollie and Drew were a perfect match for each other.

• One Cup of Daddy and a Dash of Love (Unexpected Daddies, #1)
  • Pretty Boy (Perfect Boys #1)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Hold Us (Naughty or Nice, #3)
  • Dear Daddy, Please Praise Me (Naughty or Nice #5)
  • Love Him Free (On the Market, #1)
  • Just Sign Here
  • In the Name of the Father (Father, #1)
  • Love Me, Daddy (Daddy, #1)
  • Desires (Undisclosed, #1)
  • Rules for Santa (Davey's Rules #3)
  • Learning to Trust (The Education of the Heart #1)
  • A Sweet Man (The Men of Halfway House, #7)
  • Rules for Growing (Davey's Rules, #4)
  • Hold Firm (Biker Daddy Bodyguards, #1)
  • Love Him Steady (On the Market, #4)
  • Rules to Obey (Davey's Rules, #5)
  • Rules for Loving (Davey's Rules #8)
  • Bad Habits (Wages of Sin #1)
Gianni Holmes is a true believer in love and romance finding people regardless of gender, race, religion or creed. She has a first degree in Spanish and International Relations and has been a teacher for the past 4 years. She enjoys old TV shows such as Everybody Loves Raymond and the Andy Griffith Show. She loves museums, the outdoors but hates large bodies of water, a fear stemmed from almost dr ...more

Till There Was You (3 books)
  • Easy Does It Twice (Till There Was You #1)
  • All Hearts on Deck: One Last Christmas (Till There Was You #3)

News & Interviews