Start by marking “Time Crawlers” as Want to Read:
Time Crawlers

Time Crawlers

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  221 Ratings  ·  190 Reviews
Alien Invasion, Dark Artificial Intelligence, Time-Travel, High-Tech Mythology, Djinn Folklore, Telekinetics, and life-consuming Cosmic Entities are some major themes in this book which has six tightly-knit, fast-paced Sci-Fi stories.

1. Nark-astra, The Hell Weapon
Published June 15th 2018 by Kindle Direct Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Time Crawlers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Time Crawlers

Miranda Reads
Jul 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
Unexpectedly Delightful!

Sayal writes six short stories centered around alternate universes. The range from funny to thought-provoking to outright ludicrous (in a good way!). Without further ado:

Eclipse
'They' arrived very slowly and blended in very smoothly.
Our narrator is among the elite 'Knowers' - the only ones able to track down and eliminate 4D aliens (The Fordans). The Fordans completely blend in with the general population thus making the Knowers' jobs extremely difficult. Our nar
Khurram
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I have no connection to Varun Sayal.

This is an excellent collection of 6 short stories. There are a mix of darkness, humour, belief, science fiction/fact, religious mythology, and conspiracy theories. Each story is different and shows a different side of Varun's imagination.

The Hell weapon. A loan warrior walks out to face an army of thousands, carrying a bow and arrows. Despite the old school sounding weaponry this future te
Dana Ilie
Aug 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a book kindly provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.

A collection of 6 interesting short stories. I like the originality and the author tallent, but I'm a big book kind of girl. I like my books bigger then 400 pages. All in all the author has potential.

Thank you Varun for trusting me!
Peter
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Multiverse
Time Crawlers is a highly imaginative, gutsy and spellbinding book of 6 stories that take us on a morally challenging ride through high-tech worlds and encounters that shock, terrify and enthral us. Varun hasn’t written stories with subtle moral messages, the moral core of the stories are explicit and dominate the context. Each has a theme of advanced science and technology in multiple universes and we wonder, are we being teased with the scenario that the more advanced we become with
JV
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: syfy, hey-shorty, 2018
Hang on, this will be a slightly bumpy ride.

I love reading speculative fiction. When it comes to this specific genre, there are a few prerequisites that I take into consideration, whether be it a sci-fi anthology or a novel: (1) an immersive storytelling with enthralling prose and (2) a mind-bending experience that keeps me craving and thinking for more. Having read Ted Chiang's Arrival as well as Jeff Vandermeer's Annihilation, I didn't find this anthology quite as riveting as the former and th
Vishnu Chevli
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have read Scifi novels either as whole books or box set. This genre needs space to get developed, because you need to explain age/time for which the story was conceptualized, technologies of the age, geographical/astrological information, science (only a few of the authors try it, others just assume it fantasy genre and leave it) So when I saw this book was collection of 6 short stories, I was confused about how an author is gonna do all these things in a few pages. Well, I added the book to m ...more
Aakanksha
Sep 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways, sci-fi
Time Crawlers by Varun Sayal is a sci-fi book. There are six stories of parallel universe. This book is full of infinite possibilities. All the stories were different, but the core was the same. Something happening in the parallel universe, but their realities are different from our world in so many ways.

Let's talk about the six stories -

1. Eclipse - "Tomorrow is a luxury no-one has."

We have seen in movies that aliens attack our planet and government try to hide the presence of those creatures
katwiththehat
Sep 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A debut novel and collection of six science fiction short stories. This was a unique, quick read that’s perfect if you’re in the mood for something different. Some of these have an otherworldly, folklore- and mythology-based sci-fi feel, while others feel more modern like they could happen in the not too distant creepy future.

My favorite two stories were “Genie” and “Eclipse.” I loved the Genie’s quirky personality and found the dialogue style in that one fresh and funny. “Eclipse” was just gre
Roobie
Sep 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

M: Okay, for my third wish I want you to grant me one thousand wishes.

G: Invalid request.

M: Seriously now?

I really enjoyed this!
A great collection of short stories, with Genie probably being my favorite of the six, and I really liked the interview/dialogue thing going on in most of them. The science parts were kinda tricky to follow at times but it didn't stop me from enjoying the book.

Big thanks to Varun Sayal for a copy of his book.

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl/Salemwitch) Griffin (alwaysdaddyprincess)
Read this book

Are you looking for a good science fiction short stories? I would recommend the book Time Crawlers by Varun Sayal. The science fiction is outstanding with the creativity. It gets really deep.

The stories are more than just about aliens and robots, etc. These stories come alive in these six short stories. It like this book gives you a chance to see these things in a new enlightenment. I like how the stories make you not want to put it down.

I am only giving it four stars for some pa
Dianne
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Science fiction, the one frontier where there are no limits to the “what ifs” and where a tiny seed can plant a bumper crop of creative thinking by a reader even after the story has ended.
TIME CRAWLERS by Varun Sayal is a fascinating and varied collection of short stories that are like those seeds, because: WHAT IF?

Parallel universes, human-like beings on other worlds, aliens among us, wish granting genies, why not? Who can say there aren’t universes running alongside the one we exist in? It isn
Darinda
Sep 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
A collection of six short science fiction stories. The stories concern parallel universes, aliens, and technology.

The stories:
1. “Nark-astra, The Hell Weapon” – Apocalyptic revenge using high-tech weapons.
2. “Death by Crowd” – A disturbing darknet world and artificial intelligence.
3. “Genie” – A guy meets a genie, and gets a quick intro to parallel universes and technology.
4. “Time Crawlers” – Time travel and those who know about it.
5. “Eclipse” – Aliens amongst us.
6. “The Cave” – An apocalyptic
Montzalee Wittmann
Nov 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Time Crawlers by Bar in Sayal is a book I requested and the review is voluntary. The book is a handful of short science fiction and fantasy stories. There was one 4 star story and the rest I felt were all 5 stars. They were very unique stories. I think Death By Crowd was my favorite although it was very dark. It was a story that wouldn't surprise me in this day and age! I also liked the humorous story Genie!
B. Adriana
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: goodreads
Reading these stories reminds me of the tv series 'Twilight zone', I was watching as a child. I liked some of the stories more then others. It's a mix of horror, science-fiction and comedy. Great reading!
Eli
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Pretty solid, I really liked the meaning of the stories, but the writing was sometimes a little bit off or a little bit hard because

No really, sometimes it was a little bit hard to follow the plot because of all the information dump, but I mean... that's a pretty common thing in scifi. Hard to find a way to work around this.

Thanks to the author for giving me a free arc in exchange for a honest review!
Irene△⃒⃘
3.41/5

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for a honest review.
Thank You so much to Varun Sayal for the opportunity!

This was a good alternate universe short stories collection. I liked some more than others but in general they were all pretty unique and some even very scary if you think about them.
It’s a super fast read that I was able to squeeze during this weekend and it was very helpful considering I’m a couple of books behind my reading challenge.

Nark-Astra //  ★★★/5
___

Death By C
Fizah(Books tales by me)
Aug 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-read
I received this e-book from the author, in exchange for an honest review.

It is a collection of 6 short stories, It is so difficult to say a sci-fi story in a few pages but the author did it. It was interesting and easy to read, Though I had problems with the narrative style, the writing itself was interesting enough to not let me go. I finished it in a couple hours, I like the way the author justify the myths.

All the stories had potential, but unfortunately, all of these couldn’t utilize it. Mos
Beny ⚯͛ △⃒⃘
Nov 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Time careless is my first sci-fic read and I really loved it. This is the Book kindly provide by the author in exchange of honest review. This book is a quick read with a collection of six interesting short stories. Its all about Time traveling, Aliens and many more. If you’re looking for a good sci-fic book I would recommend this book.
Mohini Jugran
Got a free Review Copy in exchange for an honest review.

This one is a different from the ones I usually go for but I'm glad I got it. I might've missed it but it's great that I was lucky enough to read it.
"Time Crawlers" is a set of 5 short stories revolving around sci-fi, alien invasion, AI, human mind, it's complexities and such themes.
The style of writing is a breath of fresh air and the book as whole consists of all those thoughts a person usually ponder over while free. But what sets it
Camelia Bhaskar
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Time Crawler is a science fiction based short story collection.
✔ It has 6 stories which are based on Artificial Intelligence ,Wars in Parallel Universe , Mythology , etc. .
✔ I am not a fan of Science Fiction books. But in contrast to that I love sci- fic Movies which actually involve Extraterrestrial life forms.But when I came to know about this book written by an Indian Author Varun Sayal ( @varunsayal ) so, I looked forward to read. .
✔The cover looks so very interesting.Also I like short sto
Shinjini
What is the best thing about a short story? It’s short!

Short stories allow the reader to think and choose their own conclusion and that’s what I like best about them. They keep the readers guessing and everyone is free to choose their own ending. There isn’t a concrete end to the story and that leads to myriad possibilities.

Although I am a Science enthusiast, I don’t read Science Fiction as much as I probably should. One of the major reasons I stay away from Sci-fi is the fact that I get super c
Shalini
Stories

1. Nark-astra, The Hell Weapon: The weapons he possesses make him the destroyer of worlds, and he burns for revenge. A high-tech take on ancient Indian mythology.

My views – I like books which amalgamate Hindu mythology with sci-fi. I sincerely believe that all the new space stories discovered have been foretold in our old lost tales. I loved the way author Varun Sayal has brought technology to mythology, and that uplifted an old tale of vengeance and penance. This story to me felt complet
Maya Bhat
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
For me, the first four stories were really amazing as it was more of fiction than science. Varun Sayal’s writing style is very simple and captive. I never thought science fictions could be this fun to read.

Death by crowd and Genie are my favourite stories among the six. Genie is a simple fairy tale in which you see a fairy talking about modern technologies. On the other hand, death by crowd is a very intense story. It points towards the growing craze that people have towards some life threatenin
Nikki Kalani
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, scifi
"Billions of universes run slightly parallel to our own universe; worlds full of infinite possibilities. There are many humans living in those parallel worlds, leading their lives, in a very similar way to how we are leading ours. But their respective realities differ from ours in some very peculiar ways."

The stories that the author created about aliens and other planets in the universe were like mind boggling. It was like, he took thoughts right out of my mind and put it into words.
The best s
Chelsea Girard
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Alien Invasion, Dark Artificial Intelligence, Time-Travel, High-Tech Hindu Mythology, Djinn Folklore, Telekinetics and life-consuming Cosmic Entities are some major themes in my book which has 6 tightly-knit, fast-paced Sci-Fi stories.

This book is comprised of a couple short stories, all derived from the mind of a man with a story. My favourite story was Eclipse because the author had the opportunity to take the topic of aliens to a new level and he certainly delivered. The imagination behind t
Aishwarya Rathor
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
My first sci-fi read and i absolutely loved it.
The book consists of 6 short stories-
1. Nark-astra
2.Death by crowd
3.Genie
4. Time crawlers
5.Eclipse
6. The cave
My favourite story was the Time crawlers which is based on time travel, and a person's co-existence. The transition from one period to another is described aptly.
I loved the detailing in the book and also appreciate the author to have written the stories productively and without any unnecessary drama.
Good language, and i completed it in one
Barry Cunningham
A super collection of stories, some better than others (as you would expect), I am so glad I have read these stories, Sci Fi from another perspective - Fabulous!
Sonam
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read a book after a very long time and I must say this book was worth it’s while. Each story in this book starts with a fascinating occurrence and keeps building upon it. Although stories are set in near or distant future but the characters are real and believable. It’s amazing that rather than spending time in their characterization or back stories, the author weaves them in the story so well that you can actually see through a character’s soul and its intentions without him explaining it sep ...more
Ipsita
Page Count: 100 (e-book)
Source: Review Copy sent by the author
mybookishvibes rates: ⭐⭐⭐.8 / 5

Review:
Blurb: Alien Invasion, Dark Artificial Intelligence, Time-Travel, High-Tech Mythology, Djinn Folklore, Telekinetics, and life-consuming Cosmic Entities are some major themes in this book which has six tightly-knit, fast-paced Sci-Fi storie
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
VARUN SAYAL is an engineer and MBA who has been involved in theatre as a playwright, actor, and director, and has also been an independent movie-maker. His genre of writing is predominantly science fiction blended with mythology and a sprinkle of the gruesome actualities of life. In his own words:
“I live by the quote, 'a true art calms a disturbed mind and disturbs a calm mind.'”

About my debut boo
“The part of science that you don’t understand will always look like magic to you.” 6 likes
“Genie: Okay, fine. So what are your three wishes?

Marco: Only three? In the stories I heard, the genies granted unlimited wishes.

Genie: Ah, not again. Well, let me clarify this for you. I only provide the “Limited to three wishes” plan, also called the “Classic package”. There were certain gold and platinum plans offered in the past, which granted infinite wishes and where the genie practically stayed with the lamp-finder all their life. But those plans were discontinued around 2,300 years back.”
1 likes