Start by marking “A Christmas Carousel Proposal: A Clean Romance - First Love Reunion (12 Days of Heartwarming Christmas Book 0)” as Want to Read:

4.35  ·  Rating details ·  31 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
This clean romance kicks off the 2018 anthology written by Harlequin Heartwarming romance authors.

Published June 10th 2018 by Melinda Curtis

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Carousel Proposal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Carousel Proposal

Marcie Robinson
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
“A Christmas Carousel Proposal” is a prologue novella to a connected twelve-book series that takes place in Christmas Town Maine.

Lisa Garland is tasked to bring the carousel back to its formal glory by Christmas Eve and in time for her grandparents’ anniversary.
John Richardson, Lisa’s ex-fiancé, is back in Christmas Town to help with the carousel and to see Lisa.
John and Lisa are still in love after being apart for ten years and regret the way they handled their break-up.

Though at times I found
Rosemary K
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
A Christmas Carousel Proposal is the perfect prelude for the holiday season. This book is filled with love, joy and a second chance at happiness. John and Lisa made me care. I wanted them to find each other again. The carousel project showed how caring people could be. I love Christmas Town. I wish I could live here and enjoy the magic. I'm looking forward to what's coming next.
I received a copy of this book which I voluntarily read and reviewed. My comments are my honest opinion.
Gale
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great introduction to a new set of books by a group of authors. It was fun reading a "Christmas in July" theme! Lisa Garland and John Richardson have a story to tell, or re-tell as the case may be, that centers around the renovation of a carousel...and long ago feelings for one another. Quick, heartwarming read that I enjoyed.
Teresa Lara
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love John and Lisa sweet 2nd chance ♡
Phylis Carpenter
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is all about second chances. When Lisa was younger her mother walked out on her and her father. When Lisa was to marry John she had her doubts, not that she loved him but about the marriage so they went their separate ways. Now ten years later they have a chance to pick up where they left off. Will they take that chance.

I think you will enjoy this novella. I know I did and I can't wait to read the rest of the books in the Christmas town series.
Lynn Brooks
Oct 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4 1/2 STARS!

A delightful holiday reunion! Kicking off this years holiday anthology from the Harlequin Heartwarming authors, this story introduces the story line that a treasured carousel in the town of Christmas Town, Maine is being brought back to life in a new location to be enjoyed by all. Lisa Garland is in charge of getting it all arranged, and it's super special to her because it's special to her grandparents and will reopen centered around an anniversary party for them on Christmas Eve. T
Penney
Oct 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
About the book
Lisa Garland has big plans for her grandparents' wedding anniversary on December 24th - the grand opening of Carousel House, featuring a fully-restored carousel in downtown Christmas Town. She doesn't expect the company restoring the carousel to go bankrupt or the only man available to help her make the deadline for her grandparents' anniversary to be her ex-fiance.

A decade ago, John Richardson walked away from Lisa for her own good. He's tried hard not to look back. But now Lisa n
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lisa is doing everything she can to get the carousel up and running in time for her grandparents 60th anniversary. John is back in Christmas Town to help with the carousel when he also comes face to face with the only girl he has ever loved and walked away from. Can they get the Carousel going in time or will the past be just too much to move on from?

I loved this book it was a fun read. It was a quick read for sure but it was to the point and leaves you wanting more, not wanting it to end. I lo
Fleur
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
For such a quick read there is loads packed into the book so you fall in love with the characters, want to visit Christmas town as well as meet everyone who lives and works there! Lisa's heart broke when she questioned getting married 15 years ago and her fiance John walked out with out a word. Now he is back in town to help save the gift she want to give the town and her grandparents however both John and Lisa need to talk to each other just like they should have all those years ago and address ...more
Candy Laine
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the first in a series of books that will be written by multiple authors in the same town setting. Come and get to know the main characters that you will be meeting in different books all through the year.
Lisa wants her grandparents to have a beautiful anniversary gift. However when things begin to go wrong with the carousel refurbishing, she needs to trust a man who broke her heart years ago.
John thinks he did a noble deed by walking away from Lisa all those years ago. Unfortunately, he
Marjorie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This prologue to a new series that features many authors has me hooked for more of the same in Christmas Town, Maine. Lisa Garland is surprised by her former fiance, John Richardson, suddenly appearing back in town. They haven’t seen each other in 10 years. It is her intention to have an old carousel working again by Christmas Eve for her grandparents’ 60th anniversary. I met different residents of Christmas Town and can only imagine how many characters will have their own story. This novella ge ...more
Angel
Nov 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I was looking forward to this story, but I was disappointed. I won’t rehash the story because other reviewers have already given us the bare bones. I thought John was cowardly to leave the way he did without even talking to Lisa. There’s nothing heroic about leaving the love of your love questioning herself and feeling guilt for the break-up for ten years when you had your own reasons for leaving. After ten years, it all seemed to be glossed over too quickly and easily. How can denying Lisa ten ...more
Jimnlori
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this Christmas story!
All Lisa Garland wants to do by Christmas is get the town carousel restored and running, but when she finds out that the company she hired has gone bankrupt she believes that will never happen. That is until the man who broke her heart years ago tells the town that with help he can get the job done.
John Richardson wants to do everything possible to get the carousel restored for Lisa by Christmas, but it is going to take a lot of hard work and dedication. H
Sunnie
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the book which starts the fun of the series called 12 Days of Heartwarming Christmas. These stories connect and this should be the first story to read to best enjoy the series. I am happy to have read it. As a prologue, it is a quick read, but has lots of warmth, love and good holiday spirit.

I enjoyed it's message very much as I saw two people, who loved each other very much. And did what they felt was best at the time. The story will make you happy and ready for a wonderful Christmas se
Yvonne Cruz
Sep 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet, clean romance and the introduction to the Heartwarming Christmas anthology and the multiple characters in these stories.
The story of John Richardson and Lisa Garland is heartbreaking but also heartwarming. A couple that were about to marry 10 years ago, but when one of them questions the idea of marrying , the other one leaves . Not because they did not love enough but because they loved too much.
The reunion is bumpy but in the end hopeful and filled with the spirit of Christmas
Julia David
Jul 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
John doesn't talk much. He didn't say anything when Lisa said she wanted to call off their wedding. He just got up and left. Ten years later, he just shows up and says he is going to help Lisa restore the carousel for her grandparents. Lisa doesn't want to talk about the past, she just wants to give her grandparents a present. John thought it was the best thing for Lisa if he just walked away. He was being deployed and if something happened to him, he didn't want her to be a widow. Now, they may ...more
Mari
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this is a beautifully written clean second chance romance.
Lisa Garland has big plans for her grandparents anniversary December 24, but the restoration company she hired has gone bankrupt.
John Richardson is back in town to help Lisa with the restoration. these two have history, can these two get over their past to complete the project and accept the love that these two have been denying themselves?
A must to read!
Jean
Jun 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this story. A prequel to a fun series, and it really made me want to read the rest of the series.
Lisa and John are great characters, as are the rest of the town folk. They are working on refurbishing an old carousel because Lisa wants to open it in honor of her grandparents. The one catch is that John is Lisa's ex-fiance…..
I enjoyed everything about this and can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Darlene
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
A sweet second chance romance introducing us to Christmas Town. John returns to town to help repair an old carousel that Lisa is intent on fixing in honor of her grandparents. Can Lisa and John trust each other enough to continue their relationship from 10 years ago. A lovely town-lovely characters- can't wait to read more about this small town. Plus I love the magic of Carousels!
Coral Mitchell
Jul 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lisa and John are reunited after ten years and a broken engagement. Lisa's fears from her mother leaving and John's from the death of his father interfere with them moving forward. A quick read.I voluntary reviewed a copy of this book.
KB
Aug 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3 stars
I purchased A Christmas Carousel Proposal by Melinda Curtis and this review was given freely. A short second chance at love excerpt spanning the day before Thanksgiving to the day after. Well written but ends.
Debra Floyd
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutlely loved. Could not put down. Can't wait to read the rest of the series. This is a must read book.
Victoria
Jun 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great start to the series. It’s sweet and heartwarming. I enjoy reading Lisa and John’s journey as they overcome their insecurities. Looking forward to reading more about them and each couple.
Cathie
Jun 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review. This story is wonderful! If you haven’t read any of the Christmas Town stories you are missing out!
Nancy
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A quick great story. Makes me anxious for the rest of the series.
Barbara
Nov 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Heartwarming

This was a quick, delightful, clean read. It just goes to show that true love will find a way, no matter how daunting the odds may seem.
Patricia
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
this is a nice sweet story, it is a Christmas story but you can read it any time . very good
Alexandra
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I do love a Christmas love story. It was a quick yet enjoyable read. I thought it was really sweet of Lisa to go to so much trouble for her grandparents wedding anniversary. John and Lisa were high school sweethearts. Who were headed to the altar until cold feet stopped them. Fast forward 10 years and John is back in town to help with the carousel. Forced to work together, its only a matter of time until these two find their happy ending. Highly recommended for fans of second chance romance. I l ...more
Momof5boys
Jul 23, 2018
Justine Paquet
Jul 23, 2018
Although Melinda (who also writes as Mel Curtis) has lived in Georgia and Texas, she's a California girl at heart. Her earliest memories are of life on an isolated 50-acre sheep ranch in rural Sonoma County, California. Picture rolling hills covered in brown grass, a eucalyptus forest, a long gravel driveway lined with plump sheep and no sidewalks. It was a big deal to drive into town on a one-lan ...more