Start by marking “L'incantesimo della spada (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
L'incantesimo della spada (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #1)

L'incantesimo della spada

(The Bird and the Sword Chronicles #1)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  22,552 ratings  ·  3,254 reviews
In un regno in cui gli incantesimi sono banditi, l’unica magia rimasta è l’amore
«Deglutisci, figlia. Ingoia le parole, bloccale nel profondo della tua anima. Nascondile, chiudi la bocca sul tuo potere. Non maledire, non curare. Non parlerai, ma imparerai. Silenzio, figlia. Rimani viva».
Il giorno in cui mia madre è stata uccisa, ha detto a mio padre che non avrei mai più p
Published July 5th 2018 by Newton Compton (first published May 6th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about L'incantesimo della spada, please sign up.
Kelsey I'd say it's about 50/50. More accurately, you could say it's fantasy with a strong focus on the relationship between the two main characters. It's…moreI'd say it's about 50/50. More accurately, you could say it's fantasy with a strong focus on the relationship between the two main characters. It's not "romance" in the sense that you have a half-baked plot that has a bunch of hot-and-heavy scenes (actually, the sex scenes are pretty tasteful/mild compared to many in this genre). It mainly focuses on the magic, the intrigue/war of the fantasy realm, and the relationships forged from all of this. (less)

·  22,552 ratings  ·  3,254 reviews

Colleen Hoover
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amy Harmon never disappoints. I thought maybe she'd disappoint with this one because I'm not into fantasy, but she didn't. Now I can't say I'm not into fantasy. Thanks, Amy. Great. Just one more genre I have to add to my list of things to read. Do me a favor and stop taking risks, okay? It's making my life busier.
Miranda Reads
Read this one for TCE Book Club!

I can forgive a lot of things, but outright stupidity is not one of them.
Lark is born into a world of magic, and the world hates magic.

Legend has it that there were only a few original magic weavers: Spinners, Changers, Tellers, Healers (etc), and when they had children, those children inherited their magic.

And over
Lola
The writing is truly enchanting:

‘‘Swallow Daughter, pull them in, those words that sit upon your lips. Lock them deep inside your soul, hide them ‘til they’ve time to grow. Close your mouth upon the power, curse not, cure not, ‘til the hour. You won’t speak and you won’t tell, you won’t call on heav’n or hell. You will learn and you will thrive. Silence, daughter. Stay alive.’’

But sadly, that is the only element The Bird and the Sword is memorable for.

When I began my reading of it, I was sure
Katerina
Dec 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
“You don't need wings to fly.”

What you truly need is words. And Amy Harmon's words resulted in a work of sheer beauty, that made your chest clench with yearning and your entire existence float, leaving behind every material attachment and concern.
The Bird and the Sword was a piece of a dream.

“Silence daughter, stay alive.”

Once upon a time, the Gifted walked freely in the country of Jeru. Healers, Tellers, Spinners, Changers, they were not afraid of using their gods-bestowed gifts. But so
Aestas Book Blog
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
::: FULL REVIEW NOW POSTED :::

Silence, daughter. Stay alive."

WOW!! What an enchanting story! This book was beautifully written, stunningly imaginative, poetic, thrilling, romantic, and exciting. Reading it was like going on an adventure and being swept away in a fantastical fairy tale filled with danger, magic, and woven together with a love story! I’ve loved this author’s writing for a long time and this story was exceptional!! If you’re looking for new book to read that is captivating an
Christy
Feb 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 stars!

photo DA9E9EFE-E9F4-4C13-8324-8F3E0216EE38_zps72xwcnza.jpg

I only read fantasy occasionally, so this isn’t a book I would normally pick up right away... BUT Amy Harmon is one of my favorite authors so I knew I would read it as soon as I got the chance. I’m so glad I did. The Bird and the Sword is a story that sucked me in from the start. A completely captivating read with equal parts romance and adventure.

Amy’s writing and story telling abilities is nothing short of magical here. If this book has any message at all, it’s that words are powerfu
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
4 Stars

I originally rated this book 4 stars with "3.75 Stars" written in the text box here.

And then I realized that was fucking stupid.

So, 4 big ones, peeps.

But moving on.

I love it when I crack open a book - Well, to be fair, I'm not really "crackin' open anything...more like lightly finger tapping; however, "I love it when I lightly finger tap open a book" just doesn't have the same flair, holla?

Anywordsmithing.

I love it when I crack open a book and see a map.

description

Because that usually means that
Bibi
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm so frigging happy right now, you can't even imagine!

photo inyqrgp9o3NUA_zps9f5b944b.gif

I was instantly mesmerized by The Bird and the Sword, a book that interweaves fantasy with heart-melting romance. The book opens in Corvyn, a province of the Land of Jeru, where we meet Lady Lark of Coryvn, daughter of Lord Corvyn and Lady Meshara, and a girl gifted with the power of words. This power is dangerous and it, being completely forbidden in this mythical land, must remain a secret.

For a book with numerous characters, we only get
Penny Reid
3rd read
Lark is remarkable. Tiras is perfect (for those of you who play FF, I pictured him similar to Sephiroth).

Just finished my 3rd read of this book.
This book. THIS BOOK!!!
I'm addicted to books that make my chest ache just before my heart flutters and flies. I could tell you how well written and paced it is, how brilliant, how eloquent, how smart and poignant, etc. It is. But if you've ever read an Amy Harmon book, that's all par for the course.

This book is an escape. A wondrous, beautiful,
Candace
Check out more of my reviews at www.bookaddicthaven.com

Amy Harmon has blown me away...again! I love her writing and the way she makes me fall in love with her damaged characters. I get lost in her stories, tuning out everything around me. I listened to the Audible edition of 'The Bird and the Sword' yesterday from start to finish. I couldn't pull myself away. It was superb!

The magical world that Ms. Harmon created was vivid and engaging. I hung on every word as this story evolved, wondering what
Jessica ❁ ➳ Silverbow ➳ ❁ Rabid Reads-no-more
Reviewed by: Rabid Reads

I have friends who are bargain hunters. They stalk the aisles of stores like T.J. Maxx and Marshalls, searching for last season frocks from Kate Spade and Lilly Pulitzer, and are often successful. They preen over their discoveries, and I sometimes envy the fruits of their labors . . .

BUT. I will never be able to do it myself.

Those types of places are too chaotic; I walk in the door and immediately turn and walk back out. B/c overwhelmed. There's so much stuff shoved tog
Melanie
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Melanie by: Paloma
The Bird and the Sword had such an unexpectedly beautiful prose, with such lyrical writing. I was completely swept away by how whimsically this tale was told. Amy Harmon has such talent, and I went into this expecting nothing, but I ending up being blown away by this fantasy novel. Seriously, this is not hyped nearly enough.

Also, on a completely personal side note, this book's main protagonist has an abbreviated version of my favorite name of all time, Larkin. So, besides the enthralling writin
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin
"Swallow Daughter, pull them in, those words that sit upon your lips. Lock them deep inside your soul, hide them 'til they've time to grow. Close your mouth upon the power, curse not, cure not, 'til the hour. You won't speak and you won't tell, you won't call on heav'n or hell. You will learn and you will thrive. Silence, daughter. Stay alive."

My mother made words. She was a Teller, and her words were magic. She spoke and the words became life. Reality. Truth. My father knew it, and he was af
Navessa
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fairy-tale, romance, 2016
A girl without a voice. A king in chains. A land on the brink of war.

Intrigued?

YOU SHOULD BE.

Ever since I read Radiance last year, I’ve been on the lookout for more books in the Fantasy Romance subgenre. Which is why I picked this one up.

Only…

While it’s listed as a fantasy, it has all the trappings of a classic fairy tale. I mean that in the BEST possible way. There are curses, prophecies, evil sorcerers, gallant princes, reluctant princesses, and creatures of all shapes and sizes.

I absolut
Cece ❀Rants, Raves &Reviews❀
BUCKLE YOUR SEATBELTS, I JUST READ A GREAT BOOK SO GET READY FOR MY REDBULL-INDUCED-MIND-BLOWN-WRITING-EXTRAVAGANZA!!

Meet the crew:
Lark: a very reSILENT character (im so awful).
description

In a world that fears all magic, Lark's mother places a curse that prevents her from magical voice from speaking . Unable to voice her thoughts, she had an inner strength so unlike most heroines. Often heroines are loud and reckless. Lark was the opposite!

She understood words on a deeper level. While listening to Boo s
Jennifer Kyle
4 STARS

description

Amy Harmon delights fans with this well-crafted fantasy tale in which she not only pulls off depicting a whole layered world but does it with such beauty in her words. At times they are spun so poetically and powerful that a reader may lose sight that this is her first fantasy book published.

"You don't need wings to fly."

description

The story is told in the first person POV of the heroine, Lark. Lark houses great power in her words however in this land those who have great gifts are prosecuted. A
Lia  (a paper pigeon)
I see you, stars. Do you see me, peeking up through velvet leaves? Keep me safe from mice and men, invisible to all but friends.

It's official.
I need Amy Harmon to write me bedtime stories.

Looking at those ratings and some of you guys' reviews, I guessed The Bird and the Sword to be good. I just never imagined how actually good it would be.
Hence, I'm still pleasantly surprised about how much I ended up liking this.
No, scratch that.
I totally loved it.
I can't wait for my brain to start worki
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
You can win this on Audio!!! There's till time to enter this giveaway on the front page of www.steamyreads.net

➦I've been a fan on Amy Harmon's writing ever since I've read Making Faces. I've been trying to catch up on reading her recent releases and boy am I glad I finally got to this book. It is gripping, fantastically written and with a surprisingly well-rounded world building for being a standalone.

➦This fantasy romance follows a journey of Lark, a young mute woman, who has been cursed by h
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4.5 stars!

Amy Harmon just has this way with words, she infuses beauty into them. She takes words and gives them substance, she makes them pretty.

The
Brittney ~ Reverie and Ink
First of all, I want to comment on the writing. It was breathtaking, like reading poetry or listening to violins while smelling roses.

I was hooked from the very start, and quickly got lost in a very good way. The intro might even be my favorite part - folklore meets fairytale and completely intriguing. I mean c'mon, you ready something like below... how can you not read more?

Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk

“Swallow Daughter, pull them in,
those words that sit upon your lips.
Lock them deep inside your soul,
hide them 'til they've time to grow.
Close your mouth upon the power,
curse not, cure not, 'til the hour.
You won't speak and you won't tell,
you won't call on heav'n or hell.
You will learn and you will thrive.
Silence, daughter. Stay alive.”

Story ⭐⭐⭐⭐
If you ever had the chance to choose a magical talent, what would it be?
World you like to be any animal in the world? Or do you like to chan
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
5 BEAUTIFUL STARS <3

What a beautiful journey in this magical world!I wish I could stay in this world forever!This always happens to me with Amy Harmon's stories! Her stories are so powerful,unique, brilliant and addictive that you don't want to finish them! There aren't many authors that can write different genres but Amy Harmon has this ability and she proved it with this fantastic story!

description

I was mesmerized and hooked, falling in love with each page. I'm stunned, really I can't believe that t
TheCrazyWorldOfABookLover
“You are a dangerous little bird. But I think I will keep you.”

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL STORY!!

Without revealing too much, it’ll be hard to go into the plot of this story and what it’s all about, so I won't say much. And as always, when I read an incredible book it's so hard to do the book justice and convey just how epic the story was with my words.

But I can say Amy's writing is nothing short of magical, and I was immediately swept up into the story of Lark and Tiras. And on top of the beautiful r
Mikee Andrea (ReadWithMikee)

❝I have loved you every moment of every day, and I will love you until I cease to be. Bird, man, or king, I love you, and I will always love you.❞

Okay let me just take second to say thank you to Milana from A Couple Reads because she's amazing and she's the one who got me to pick up this book. And let me just say, I was blown away by how much I actually enjoyed The Bird and the Sword. I haven't wrote a proper review in a long time but I just have to write one for this book because I strongly
Amy | Foxy Blogs
Words evade me!

The Bird and the Sword was a beautiful tale about a time when Kings and Queens reigned and magical powers embodied the land.

"I wasn't safe, the king was cursed, and the world was upside down."
Now, that's a storyline to get the heart pumping. I don't want to ruin this phenomenal tale by sharing what the book is about but I will say this is another must read book by Amy Harmon. The reading world is blessed to have an author like her whose ability to create both unique and deepl
♥ Jx PinkLady Reviews ♥

THE BIRD AND THE SWORD is a STANDALONE Fantasy Romance story about a beautiful, gifted, kind, caring and quiet girl called Lark and the King of Jeru. Told from the first person narrative of Lark, the world showcased is one of true fantasy, a world with magic and populated by warriors and people with powers, some would call gifts, others something quite different. A mesmerizing story with heart, soul and magic that depicts the importance and the power of words both spoken and unspoken. The Bird
Brandi
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

description

Amy Harmon never fails when it comes to spinning beautiful words. I have yet to pick up one of her creations and not marvel at her storytelling ability. And yet again, she has weaved a story unlike any other I've read. a fantastical world full of magic, secrets, fear, and courage. I can't see fans of the fantasy genre not enjoying the romance and adventure found within the story of Lark and Tiras. Admittedly, it did take me a few days to read The Bird and the Sword, but that in no way i
Snow
6 "silent words" stars

These segments of the blurb, will tease you…

The day my mother was killed, she told my father I wouldn’t speak again, and she told him if I died, he would die too…

She predicted the king would trade his soul and lose his son to the sky…

My father has a claim to the throne, and he is waiting in the shadows…

I just want to be free.

But freedom will require escape, and I’m a prisoner of my mother’s curse and my father’s greed….

I can’t speak or make a sound…

In a land purged of ench
Hulya Kara Yuksel

OH.MY.GOD. I'm speechless right now... <3
This book, OMG this amazing book literally took my breath away... Ahhh it was wonderful! One of the best books I have ever read. <3

I highly recommend it, you MUST read this unique love story... :)

Sh3lly
I read this for the 2017 MacHalo Group Reading Challenge.

Review:

Dis book, guys. My favorite book of the year so far. Maybe my favorite fantasy romance of ALL TIME.

Tirus. I LURVE him. In the harem you go!

Lark was fabulous as the heroine. The author did a fantastic job because Lark was mute for about 95% of the book.

Lots of magic and gifts/abilities. I love that kind of stuff. Healers, shifters, tellers, seers... they are persecuted and hunted, hiding.

It's a world of castles and swords, villag
  • Taming the Forest King
  • Entreat Me
  • The Winter King (Weathermages of Mystral, #1)
  • The Scribe (Irin Chronicles, #1)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Mists of the Serengeti
  • Wildest Dreams (Fantasyland, #1)
  • The Moon Shines Red (Heart of Darkness #1)
  • Edged Blade (Colbana Files, #4)
  • El libro de Gabriel (Saga Vanir #4)
  • Pathfinder's Way (The Broken Lands, #1)
  • A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1)
  • Where One Goes (Where One Goes, #1)
  • Transcendence (Transcendence, #1)
  • Land of the Beautiful Dead
  • Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold
Amy Harmon is a Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and New York Times Bestselling author. Amy knew at an early age that writing was something she wanted to do, and she divided her time between writing songs and stories as she grew. Having grown up in the middle of wheat fields without a television, with only her books and her siblings to entertain her, she developed a strong sense of what made a good ...more

The Bird and the Sword Chronicles (2 books)
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
“I have loved you every moment of every day, and I will love you until I cease to be. Bird, man, or king, I love you, and I will always love you.” 79 likes
“Swallow Daughter, pull them in, those words that sit upon your lips. Lock them deep inside your soul, hide them 'til they've time to grow. Close your mouth upon the power, curse not, cure not, 'til the hour. You won't speak and you won't tell, you won't call on heav'n or hell. You will learn and you will thrive. Silence, daughter. Stay alive.” 55 likes