Start by marking “Lost in the Snow” as Want to Read:
Lost in the Snow

Lost in the Snow (Animal Stories #1)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  421 Ratings  ·  35 Reviews
Fluff is the smallest and weakest of the farm kittens, but she surprises everyone with her strength and spirit, and soon she and her brothers and sisters are ready for new homes. But nobody seems to want Fluff, and after a heartbreaking encounter with a little girl called Ella, she gives up on her dream of a loving home and flees the farm out into the big scary world. Fluf ...more
Published November 2008 by Good Books (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Lost in the Snow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lost in the Snow

Clare O'Beara
Dec 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: cats, young-children
This is a nice tale for pre-teens, probably four to eight years could read it.
A farm cat has five kittens and the smallest is a fluffy tabby girl. The others go to good homes but when a girl caled Ella would like Fluff, her parents don't want that. Then a boy comes to see the kitten but he really wants a snake or spider, so he tells Fluff that the big dog next door will eat her.

Poor Fluff runs away and the farm family cannot find her. She is lost and scared and has no food, and snow starts falli
Julia
Feb 06, 2017 rated it liked it
In all honesty as an adult and able to read this book from an adult viewpoint I wasn't really able to get into the book. Cute, saccharine sweet and full of impossibilities it is the type of warm-feel-good type story that one hopes their child will come across and hopefully will keep their attention from other bad-type books.

The writing was simple and easy to read so that the youngest of readers who are into chapter books will find themselves with an easy read in hand. With slightly bigger font
✧Nicole Gromadzki✧
OH MY GOD I JUST REMEMBERED THIS BOOK FROM WHEN I WAS LIKE 6 AND I WAS OBSESSED WITH IT I PROBS READ IT LIKE 10 TIMES OH MY HAHAHAHAH but this was literally my favorite book at the time and ugh yes, read this it will change your life @4-8 year olds
Annie
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it was sad at time but happy in the end . I think this is a great book to read in winter as it is snow themed
Alyssa
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book as a kid. I would read it over and over.
Svic
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Már a harmadik gyereknek olvasom, s még mindig szeretik. Hallgatni is, olvasni is (ezt már kisiskolásként).
Még jó néhányszor lesz alkalmam újraolvasni is :)
Monika
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, series
Perfect for children. It's sweet and cute story. Also, may motivate kids to get pets.
Hailey Pudan
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I read this book to my daughter as a bed time story. (The entire thing)

It was full of inner thoughts, reality, love and triumph. It shows especially how one can be picked on; or in big people terms become marginalized based off of physical appearances, family ties, and the injustice which society can support. It also touches the issue of homelessness, stereotyping and the idea of perseverance.

As a Community Development & Outreach Worker, a mother and an active advocate and activist; this boo
Lili Martin
Feb 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: recomendations
This book was so sad and happy. It's sort of like a mystery on what that brave but small cat named Fluff is going to do. There's also this girl named Ella who wants Fluff. the only time someone (Ella) wants her the persons parents wouldn't let her. Then finaly when her parents let her Fluff runs away because this boy named nathen treats Fluff like a pest. He would poke her make mean faces at her and he said that his neighbors german sheperd was going to have Fluff for breakfast. That just breaks ...more
Emily G
I listened to the audiobook version of this book, and it was a good book for children, but it wasn't for me.

Most of the book is about the kitten, Fluff, suffering while looking for the little girl, Ella, that she had fallen in love with. I can't cope with animals being hurt or in pain, neglected or tortured, even fictionally, and the happy reunion at the end was not enough to make me feel better about everything that had happened.

The above is just my opinion and I do think it is a good book for
Hannahj
this was a small, cute book, about a kitten who was never bought in the market because of his tiny-ness... when he loses all faith, a nice girl comes by who really wants him, mom says no, a mean boy comes next, DOES NOT WANT HIM, but to teach him responsibility his mom's making him, when his mom and the owner go talk about payment, he hurts the kitten and she runs off.... now she is lost... and when the nice girl comes back because her parents decide, she wants him, so why not... they are too la ...more
Kristin Palumbo
Oct 20, 2015 rated it really liked it
In Lost in the Snow, the main character Fluff is the smallest and weakest of the liter of kittens at the farm. She surprises everyone with her energetic spirit. When it comes time for all the kittens to find a new home, nobody seems to want to take Fluff to their home. Something very sad happens with the encounter of Fluff and a little girl Ella. Fluff gives up on finding a home and leaves the farm into the world and becomes scared, lost and alone.
Melissa Sommer
Oct 24, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chapter-book
This story is about Fluff who is desperate to find a home of her own. Then Ella finds Fluff and begs her mom to keep her, but her mother is not so sure. I liked this book because the author did a good job expressing many different emotions in the text. I think young girls or any animal lover will enjoy reading this book.
Dominika
2,5 *
Nem hagyhattam ezt az aranyos könyvet a könyvtárban! Ez a szomorú, esetlen kiscica a borítón azt mondta, hogy muszáj hazavinnem és elolvasnom. Sajnos nem tudok elleálni a cicáknak. Nem is számítottam nagy történetre, de azért Pamacs aranyosnak bizonyult! Ilyenkor még jobban akarok egy cicát én is, ahogy Ella is tette ezt a történetben! :)
John
Sep 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, fiction
This was an okay book, but an excellent book to read to kids! I was amazed how much the three boys I read it to got really excited in certain parts! I hope this gives them an even more of a joy for reading!
Holly
Sep 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
cool
Twyla
Feb 22, 2013 added it
Walter R. Myers III
Apr 05, 2016 marked it as to-read
This book is the best book ever
Rachel
Mar 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
Soooo cute. Love the way the story flows and all the action that happens to the little kitten. Good job holly web!
Lilly
I own this book
Carly
Feb 18, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: imogens-read
I adore this book because I had a faverout page
Shauna
Jan 30, 2009 added it
a cat is was lost in the snow and
Annette Mullally
Aug 26, 2016 marked it as to-read
Kris
Feb 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kj-s-books
The cat was very cute. -KJ-
Myra
Jan 09, 2017 added it
such a cute kitty
Marwa
Apr 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really love this story
  • Too Many Ponies (Pony Pals, #6)
  • Callie (Kitty Corner, #1)
  • Classroom Chaos (Magic Kitten, #2)
  • Mercy Watson: #1-2 [Collection Volume I]
  • The Terrible Tudors and The Slimy Stuarts
  • Bella's Gift
  • Dogerella
  • Mud-Puddle Poodle (Pet Trouble, #3)
  • Cat And The Stinkwater War
  • Judy Moody and the Bad Luck Charm (Judy Moody, #11)
  • Judy Moody and the Poop Picnic
  • Dog Den Mystery (Jack Russell Dog Detective, #1)
  • The Prince and the Pooch
  • The Flying Flea, Callie and Me
  • Kittens in the Kitchen (Animal Ark, #1)
  • Good Grief...Third Grade
  • Spy Cat
Holly Webb is the author of Dog Magic, Cat Magic, and Lost in the Snow. She has always loved animals and owns two very spoiled cats. They haven't said a word to her yet, but she's always listening, just in case! She lives in England.
More about Holly Webb...

Animal Stories (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Alfie All Alone