Start by marking “Kiss of Fire (Imdalind, #1)” as Want to Read:
Kiss of Fire (Imdalind, #1)

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Kiss of Fire

(Imdalind #1)

It was one kiss...
... and it very nearly ended my life.

Secrets are dangerous, and sometimes they can kill.
My secret may not be that bad, but it sure has put a wrench in my high school plans.
I am in love with my best friend.

I know, I know. It's every teenage girls big confession, but most of them at least have a chance. Cute boy next door and all that.

Not me, I just so ha
Kindle Edition, 3rd Edition, 270 pages
Published October 14th 2018 by Imdalind Press (first published October 30th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Kiss of Fire, please sign up.
Sam It is worth it. I had it downloaded but left it unread for months because I didn't think it sounded that good. I wanted to kick myself I was so wrong.…moreIt is worth it. I had it downloaded but left it unread for months because I didn't think it sounded that good. I wanted to kick myself I was so wrong. It has become one of my favorite book series. No, there isn't anything R rated in my opinion. I find it to be pretty PG. I don't remember any swearing (in English) and there is not any sex scenes or anything close to one in any of the 6 books. (less)

Ben Alderson
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is absolutely amazing!
Its an extremely well loved indie paranormal novel with over 7,000 ratings on goodreads and I can SEE why its so good!

I loved this introduction to a new magical world within a modern day world. I loved the characters, I can already see myself falling in love and shipping characters together.
THIS BOOK IS FREE TO DOWNLOAD ON ALL EBOOK SITES!
Also
if you go to the goodreads page you can enter to win a paperback, its worth it!
✨    jamieson   ✨
"You have very pretty eyes" he said softly. "They look like diamonds"

This book .... THIS BOOK. I truly, truly don't know how I feel about it. Do I love it, do I hate it? I just do not know (Which, btw is a pretty shit opener for a review. Hello, today I will be reviewing a book I both loved and hated)

I just ... I just don't know. THERE WERE BITS AND PIECES I REALLY LOVED and then there were bits that literally made my eyes roll into the back of my goddam skull due to how cliche they were.

T
N.G.
Reseña en español: http://spanglishbookblog.wordpress.co...

I'm not going to spoil the book for those who haven't read it yet!

Now, most of YA books are very unoriginal (they have the same plot over and over again) which makes them dull. However, this one keeps you guessing until the very end, and the story was refreshing.

When I was reading I was trying to guess what the characters were, Vampires, wolves, fairies or aliens...?Lol but all my thoughts were wrong, and I'm glad I was because
★ʜɑʋɘɳ★
DNF at 75 %. This review contains spoilers.

Ever ate too much candy? Ya know, when you eat so much you get sick from it but can't make yourself stop from eating more? Yea, this book = that.

Interesting paranormal concept. Somewhat original and I applaud the author for that. Sadly, not strong enough to make me wanna stick around.

The 'heroine' is beyond annoying - whiny, weak, immature, pathetic, TSTL. I don't need my heroines to be kickass right away, they can grow into that role, but there is only
Lenore Kosinski
Oh dear lord that was epic.... I haven't been sucked into a world so much since Reckless Magic, etc. Ms Ethington did a fabulous job of introducing a unique universe that had so many intriguing elements, but wasn't too confusing to get wrapped up in. Though dear me, I do want to learn some Czech now so perhaps I could have a hope in hell of pronouncing some of those words in my head. I spent the first half wishing the heroine knew she was in an epic novel b/c then she would have seen some things ...more
Serena (The Book Comedian)

OMGOMGOMG, FINALLY, A GOOD BOOK; I was beginning to lose hope in authors' with all the crappy books I've been reading, BUT THIS, THIS IS WHAT I NEEDED.

P.S. I really didn't expect this book to be good because the cover was so cheesy

I'M FILLED WITH SO MANY EMOTIONS, DO YOU WANT ME TO EXPLAIN THEM? OKAY HERE YOU GO-

(view spoiler)
Ari Reavis
I didn't know what to expect going into this book and was presently surprised by the plot. You know something weird is going on, but don't really get the full scope of things until the action picks up..... a lot. The romance was high schoolish (lots of not quite kisses and mixed signals), but very cute and genuine. Ryland and Jos were willing to sacrifice so much for each other. There is a lot to comprehend when the truth comes out, but the author did a good job of not bombarding you with too mu ...more
Sandra "Jeanz"
Nov 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Can I give extra stars out of 5 like 8/5??
MY REVIEW
I was gifted this arc by the Author, Rebecca Ethington in exchange for my honest review. This is the first book in the Imdalind Series. I have to admit upon first looking at the cover, I really didn't like it at all. After reading the book, I realise that the female on the cover is Joclyn who at one point in the book falls from a window, but I still think the cover could do so much more for this well written action packed book. The cover could j
Kathy Jo
4/18/15 - Can't tell you how many times I've read this but I love it even more each time! On to Eyes of Ember! I need this refresher course so I can read Burnt Devotion. I'm dying here! Can't read fast enough! Lol.

WHAT?! NO!! That was NOT supposed to happen!! I can't be left hanging like this!! So NOT fair!! Ugh!!

I was totally sucked into Kiss of Fire from the start and absolutely LOVED it!! Joclyn and Ryland quickly moved their way to the top of my most cutest and amazing couples list!! They
Gloria Green
Nov 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At the age of five Joclyn was bitten by something that sent her into a coma after experiencing tremendous pain. After almost six months she woke with only one side effect of the bite. A small raised red scar like a brand with a black mark in the middle. Since then she has wanted to do nothing but to disappear. Instead she did the best she could to hide the mark behind her ear on her neck by wearing baggy clothes and long hair hanging over it. She blames the mark for her fathers disappearance. He ...more
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Kiss of Fire is the first in the Imalind triology. It has been awhile since I’ve read a YA fantasy book and I thought Kiss of Fire was a fun way to get back into the genre. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the book, since it was free and self published (I could be wrong on that) I didn’t have the highest expectations. I liked our main characters Jocelyn, Ryland, Ilyan and Wyn.

I thought the book was well written and flowed pretty well, for the most part. I liked the beginning and
Amber Hetchler (アンバーちゃん)
It took so long to pick up the pace and get interesting, but once it did it was actually pretty good. I'm strangely hooked now and I think I might need to read the next book.
I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

*****

Dnf at 15%
I actually had to create a 'did not finish' shelf just for this book. I couldn't take the cliche romance and plot anymore. Maybe I'll try to finish it at a time I'm less irritated.
Yesha
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: r2r, fantasy, ya, paranormal
(Note: Downloaded free copy via Smashwords.com)
Stars: 3.5/5
Characters– Let’s start with favorite-

Ilyan- Amazing, smart, handsome, mature, royal attitude, kind. Just love him. ❤ Wyn- sweet, girly, fierce, adorable. Talon- loyal and good. Ryland (Ry)- second main character- Good, protective, perfect friend and boyfriend. Ovailia- mean, insolent, but love her sibling. I’m not judging her right now knowing what she has gone through and I’m sure there will be more to this character in next books of t
Ivie
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wow, this book was a whirlwind of emotions for me. It went from being a big cliche, predictable, yet intriguing anyway, to the point where I couldn't put it down and one plot twist after the next. The ending was totally unexpected, but you won't be hearing what it was from me. Nope, this is a spoiler free zone, peeps.

~Plot~ 3/5
~Characters~ 2.5/5
~Storytelling~ 3.5/5
~Romance~ 4/5
~Aesthetics~3.5/5
~Overall~ 4/5

You may be wondering how a book with not great ratings for each breakdown could be a four
Bittersweet
Jul 31, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Tracey (Life and Literature)
Once again, the mark had destroyed everything, everything I needed and wanted within my life.

Wow!! Just wow!!! What an amazing start to the Imdalind series. Kiss of Fire was a book that contained everything. Bursting with suspense, action, romance, passion, heartbreak and excitement. This was a book that I had a really hard time putting down because I was desperate to find out where the story was going to take me.

Joclyn Despain has had a mark on her neck since the age of five. Sensing that t
Farrah
Mar 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This review also appears on my blog at http://www.thegoldenruleof666.blogspo...

Loved it! Kiss of Fire was such a brilliant book-just perfect.

I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. I liked the idea, but I felt it could easily have ended up being a dull, predictable book. Turns out I didn't have to worry because this book was amazing. The twists, the turns, the surprises-they had me on the edge of my seat.

Joclyn was a wonderful heroine. She deals with everything thrown at her with
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

I think I found a new author to squee over. I’m already in love with this book, I’m already in love this series. I think there are about 5 books in this series and I will read every single one. This book was very steadily paced. It had a really good flow. I just couldn’t get enough of it honestly. I’m a little infatuated with this author. It’s very suspenseful. It builds and it builds, but it’s not building so slow that you get bored, it keeps you engaged
Marsha
May 08, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Before I get started, let me say that I did not finish this book. After reading all of the 4 and 5 star reviews, I was really looking forward to reading "Kiss of Fire." The writing was good, it grabbed my attention from the start; so, what went wrong?

First and foremost, I quickly grew tired of all of the Czech words and sentences without any translations. Then, the dialogue became quite repetitive until at one point, I went back to the previous page to make sure that I was actually reading the s
Margaret Alexander
Oh, where to begin with this book? The writing and storytelling was superb, as were the characters. It definitely had me thinking about the story even when I wasn't reading. It's just a fun YA read with a very lovable romance. The story revolves around the introverted Joclyn, who hides her face from even her best friend due to a gruesome mark she receives as a child. She eventually discovers that the mark makes her rather special, but also the target of a villain. I'm really edging around this s ...more
Sara
I love this book!

This story was full of love, action, despair, and heartbreak. Joclyn was marked when she was five, but doesn't find out what it means until she is 16. But she keeps the mark hidden. Ryland is her best friend since childhood that she has slowly fallen in love with. They both have secrets hidden from each other. A big secret will tear them apart.

My heart breaks for Ryland, and Joclyn's broken heart. But I am so excited to continue this series and see what other heart wrenching plo
Joy
Excellent! 5 enthusiastic stars!! Terrific story-telling. I've read a lot of paranormal YA and this is right up there with the best. So grateful I have book two already downloaded. The only thing to slow me down is to complete this review.
Now on to Eyes of Ember.....!
Tia
Dec 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this novel but the emotions at the end got to me so much. I fricken cried. I think the novel got into things a bit too fast and the whole Ryland being the enemy thing totally broke my heart. I can only hope early spring 2013 comes fast because I definitely want to read the second installment ASAP!
Stacey Frederes
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. I was totally not expecting this great of a book! Wow! Could not put this down! The story had great world building, suspense, action, and best of all wonderful characters. What a great debut novel! Cannot wait to continue reading this series.
Crystal
Heartbreaking... I need the sequel now they have to save Ryland!!!
Lauren
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joclyn Despain doesn't want anyone to notice her. After receiving a mysterious brand when she was a child, which led to the breakup of her parent's marriage and childhood ridicule, Joclyn has been working hard to blend into the background. She does everything she can to keep the mark - and herself - hidden from sight. She hides behind long hair, large clothing and hooded sweatshirts. The only person besides her mother who truly sees her is her best friend Ryland LaRue.

Joclyn and Ryland have know
H.M. Gooden
Oct 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I picked this book up because I was intrigued by the idea- a kiss that could change everything? But the further I read the more intrigued I became. I have to admit I enjoyed the tension at the beginning more than the way things unravelled for the characters near the end, and at times they seems to brush off events that should have incapacitated them emotionally or physically, but it left me wanting more. I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Etienne
Jul 30, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
1,5/5. I try recently to explore more YA, but the more I try the more I ask myself why go through that. Too teeny, too much high school day to day (that one was strong on that), slow pace, clichés and so on. I really go with and open mind, and I know I'm not the targeted public here, but I just can't find positive stuff or reason to want to read that. The paranormal/magic stuff look interesting, but just didn't get enough place. Anyway, not for me... sorry!
ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥
I really enjoyed this story. Even though the romance took up most part of it but the plot, once started halfway, It was very interesting.

The book's summary actually is pretty straightforward. Jocilyn is hiding a mark that she doesn't know what it means. A little bit after she got it, he father left her and her mom. Now that she's in high school, she's wearing hoodies to hide it. She can't even tell her best friend, Ryland, about in fear that he'll leave her as well.

Jocilyn meets Wyn, a new girl
Mikky (Nocturnal Predators Reviews)
Jul 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in a fresh original story.
Shelves: read-in-2013
Originally posted at:
Nocturnal Predators Reviews

It's official, I hate this author for creating such a compelling and out-of-this-world novel. I mean that in an endearing and loving way. Half the year is gone and this is the first novel that I've read this year that was actually original and kept you guessing all though the ending, which is a cliff hanger (BOO!). Thank god I didn't pick this up when it released in November of last year.

The plot is so original and freeing that it's actually hard

• Transcender: First-Timer (Transcender, #1)
  • Lark (Lark, #1)
  • Autumn Storm (The Witchling, #2)
  • Elfin (The Elfin, #1)
  • Descension (Mystic, #1)
  • The Binding (The Velesi Trilogy, #1)
  • Valor (Greystone, #1)
  • Never Let You Fall (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, #1)
  • Bound (The Crystor, #1)
  • River's Recruit (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Healed (Rebirth, #2)
  • The Beast Within (The Elite, #1)
  • See (See #1; Web of Hearts and Souls #4)
  • Redemption (Redemption, #1)
  • Amethyst  (Guardian, #1)
  • Frost Fire (Tortured Elements, #1)
  • Baptism of Fire (Draconi Series, #1)
  • Feudlings (Fate on Fire, #1)
Rebecca Ethington has been telling stories since she was small. First, with writing crude scripts, and then on stage with years of theatrical performances. The Imdalind Series is her first stint into the world of literary writing. Rebecca is a mother to two, and wife to her best friend of 14 years. She was born and raised in the mountains of Salt Lake City, and hasn’t found the desire to leave yet ...more

Imdalind (9 books)
  • Eyes of Ember (Imdalind, #2)
  • Scorched Treachery (Imdalind, #3)
  • Soul of Flame (Imdalind, #4)
  • Burnt Devotion (Imdalind, #5)
  • Brand of Betrayal (Imdalind, #6)
  • Dawn of Ash (Imdalind, #7)
  • Crown of Cinders (Imdalind, #8)
  • Ilyan (Imdalind #9)
“Yes, it’s true. I can now tell you where cups and plates are to be found in my own kitchen. I know it’s a shock, but soon I may even be able to locate a bowl.” 21 likes
“I was six and bushes were cool.”
“Well, if I ever see a cool bush, I’ll point it in your direction.”
15 likes