Start by marking “Buying You” as Want to Read:
Buying You

Buying You

Prized for his looks, Dane knows it’s shallow, but he is on his way to having it all. It feels good to be gorgeous, smart and have top designers from around the world requesting him.

When he returns to his hometown to participate in a small Date-For-
Published June 14th 2018 by Eye Scry Publications

To ask other readers questions about Buying You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buying You

NP
Jun 18, 2018 rated it did not like it
So the theme of romance books propping up rape culture continues. Let’s be clear, Kai is a little shit. He’s a school shooter in waiting. He’s the worst kind of white male. The kind that feels entitled to the person they like and feels wronged when they’re not liked back.

Kai is the kind of twat that whines about the friend zone.

Kai is the kind of cretin that feels entitled to the attention of his crush.

Kai is the kind of douchebag that sets up an elaborate confrontation/revenge scheme.

Kai is
Valerie
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Emily Seelye
Jun 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, m-m, virgins
3.5 🌟

Dane is a model who agrees to take part in a charity bachelor auction in his hometown. Kai is a successful app developer who wins him. It also turns out, he was a geek that was often bullied by Dane’s friends back in high school.

Kai’s reasons for purchasing Dane aren’t entirely altruistic, he wants his crush to finally notice him.

Through the course of the night, old hurts are healed, and amends are made. Also, the men realize they have a connection that’s hard to walk away from.

Will they
Genre: Gay (m/m) Romance
Series N/A
Price: $3.99
Rating: 3.25

Publisher’s Blurb: It’s one thing to be a beautiful cover model on billboards, buses and magazine covers. It’s quite another to be sold as one.

When he returns to his hometown to participate
Laura ~Passion flower
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, mm-romance
Buying You (ARC) was graciously provided to me by the author for an honest review.

"Love's Emotional Depth..."

My latest read, upon completion, had my thoughts running all over the place, and, while I had really enjoyed reading it, as there were many different moments when I found myself gushing all over it, there were also moments when my mind was somewhat confused as to exactly what I had just read.

Having just read, Buying You by Wendy Rathbone, has me contemplating where to exac
Katherine
Jun 25, 2018 rated it liked it
An old trick with a fresh end

I can't fully call this an enemies to lovers book, because of one person wasn't even aware of the other person are you truly enemies?

Dane is a model, a top model, working hard towards his goal of supermodel. It is a lonely and demanding life but it is what he is good at. Dane has decided to sign up for a charity date auction in his old hometown and unexpectedly gets bought by a billionaire that he apparently has a past with.

Kai is a billionaire tech business mogul.
Deirdre
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
See Me: Revenge and Redemption

I wasn't sure what to expect from this author who is new to me. But I really ended up enjoying this story of Redemption. One main character was hurting so badly from being Invisible despite his intelligence, wealth, and business savy. The way the person that caused his pain reacted was unexpected for both of them.

Demonstrating how being Ignored/Invisible finally feels is realized by the second main character. He now sees how his past behavior negatively impacted on
Amy Dufera
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Buying You is a unique enemies to lovers romance.

Dane is a successful model who returns home for a charity auction. An auction where a date with him will be bid upon. When Kyle wins, Dane is confused. He recognizes Kyle but can't remember him until later during their date.

Back in high school, Dane wasn't bully, but he was one that looked the other way and allowed the bullying to continue. As Dane starts to remember it all, he starts to feel bad for the young Kyle, the one who suffered. Dane was
Cee Brown
.•*)
(.• ★The ending made me a believer.

I did not know if I hated Kai or not. He ran too hot, then cold continuously, that I felt I was getting whiplashed. Yes, I know, you got hurt as a kid, but come on man, try to get over it.

Poor Dane. He suffered through that one date and all he wanted to do was sincerely apologize for something that happened so many years ago, something barely a blimp on his radar. A date with someone from his past opened up a world of hurt and passion. All because of an a
Melanie Rawlinson
Jun 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Received as an ARC, the following is an honest review.
This was a beautiful book, totally not what I was expecting and all the better for it. I’ve become so used to those books where the community/universe and surrounding characters are as big as the main characters and story themselves. This book focuses on the main characters, Dane – the model who is auctioning himself for charity in his home town – and Kai – the mystery man who buys his time. We briefly see a couple of others but this is all a
Linda
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
💕A second chance to connect aided by an auction; will the 2nd time be the charm?!
June 25, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition
🔥👬💜 The prose of this MM romance was well-written and the basic plot line of re-meeting years after not connecting in high school was good, but I felt the action dragged with very little happening until almost half the story was over. Dane's internal musings went on too long. And it seemed that Kai/Kyle had an angstful and transformative backstory that I only got a taste o
Faye Kennedy
Jun 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars..🌟 This was a first read for the author. The story goes straight to the auction and to the mystery bidder. I didn't like K at first with all the riddles he was playing with Dane. This could almost be a hate to love story for Kai, even when hes a bit mixed up with his feelings turning hot and cold. They have chemistry (narrated) but it doesn't come through in the story. I thought towards the ending was just werried regarding their sex experiences.
Dane puts himself up for auction for a f
T
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What happens when the overlooked boy in high school grows up, builds an empire and buys a date with his unrequited crush years later?
Dane is a model who appears to have it all and Kai/Kyle is still carrying hurt and insecurity from being mistreated in school. I thought the storyline was enjoyable and did a good job of showing that looks can be deceiving and that overlooking bullying isn't much better than being the bully.
The story takes place over a very short period of time but does end with a
Sue
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was my first read by this author and I absolutely enjoyed her writing. Dane seems to have it all. He is a successful model and while you would think that would be everything, he still has some insecurities. He is not completely out of the closet but doesn't really hide himself either. When he goes up on the auction block, he has no clue who the person is who bought him and when he does find out, he realizes that he may have been a superficial person in his teenage years. He soon realizes th ...more
Courtney
Shelves: mm, wrote-review
Whirlwind enemies-to-lovers

This whole book (other than the epilogue) takes places over two days, but it worked for me. The gorgeous cover and blurb drew me in, and the story didn’t disappoint.

The story is told from Dane’s point of view, which works best with the plot. We don’t learn who the mysterious bidder is until well into the book, as well as what his connection to Dane’s past is, but his hurt and wariness come through clearly. And oh, I can relate.

I liked that Dane didn’t give up and sou
Sarah Jones
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5* This novella focuses a lot on how the past can still define the future if you let it and bases both main characters’ identities on the human feeling of needing to be seen and to have their existence be validated through that sight. I won’t give away much about the main characters or plot since it will spoil too much of the story and the blurb does a good job of explaining it.

I enjoyed this novella as it had a different take on the sort-of enemies to lovers trope, but it was a bit difficult
Ruth Evans
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really good read that leaves you smiling. This book is well written and easy to read. It's one of those books you rush to finish and then you're disappointed that it's over!
Dane agrees to be part of a charity auction in his home town. He never expected the evening to go the way it does.
Kai sees a chance to be honest with his past so he takes it. Sometimes the past should just be left there.
These two men have a chance but do they have it together or apart?
Really good easy read that I'm sure you
Esther Alayeto
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable enemies to lovers romance that kept me entertained throughout. I like the premised of the charity date auction and it's the perfect opportunity for Kai to bid on win a date with Dane. They are total opposites but mesh very well together. It was interesting to see that Dane, who seems to have it all and very well put together, has a lot of insecurities that he needs to work through as well as Kai. Maybe they can find their way together.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy o
Deli
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
i was fortunate enough to read this book as an advanced reader copy. I was very surprised about the timeframe of this book. Its short ! and with short i mean 2 nights! The author did a very fascinating thing there. Naturally in 2 days there cant be much happening, but at the same time there happens quite a lot .
This book is packed with feelings and emotion. Its about 2 people who at first glance do not have much in common, but at the same time are very much alike. Its about 2 people who want to
Missy Clifton
Jun 22, 2018 rated it it was ok
I liked the premise reading the blurb but when reading, it felt off? Wrong? I don't know the right word. Kai held such misconstrued hatred for a boy who didn't notice him in middle and high school. I felt so bad for Dane through the whole book! Everytime he apologized I cringed, he had nothing to apologize for...well maybe one thing and that was his friend being a bully while he stood there and did nothing. Kai seemed so damn petty, obsessive, creepy, and manipulative. I was hoping Dane would se ...more
Dixiecowgirl
Jul 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Intriguing and intimate story of two very different men who find each other. I loved the mystery man diner date theme and it was so nicely written. I enjoyed the banter and the settings were great. Both characters were well done and the story-line kept me engaged.

Dane and Kai experience a connection that is both soul deep and passionate. I enjoyed so many moments in this story, especially the dragonflies!

I was gifted this book from the author and i freely give my review
Bübü
Feb 07, 2019 rated it liked it
I think the concept of the plot was pretty cool, but i dont know, for me it just didn't work well. It wasn't very convincing, i kept having this feeling that something was off. I thing maybe it was the lack of conflict in the story. So one night he met this guy and they dont understand eath other at the beguining but then they do... all on the same night.... and then they have romance. I thing it was just too easy.
not a bad book but not a good one either
Rachel
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Awesome story about Dane and Kai, short time frame overall for this couple but well worth it. I found this a unique story with two very different characters coming together. Don't want to say spoilers but there are a few surprises as the story goes, in the end you'll love these two and want to know more. I voluntarily reviewed an 'Advance Author’s Copy' of this book.
T Paul
Jun 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I just loved this book. The characters, their history, their reconnecting and their future as we got a glimpse of it was phenomenal. The emotional struggles were terrific. The chemistry, the writer was able to portray onto the pages, was electric. Five stars, indeed. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Lorraine
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Charity auction lrads to an unexpected ending

A charity auction is a strange place to meet, especially when one party is being auctioned, but for Dane, all he was hoping to do was raise a bit of cash for charity, not be completely bewildered by his date. But when the truth emerges,and trust is built, the two men deserve their happy ending
Elayne
Shelves: arc-books
My first book by this author. All the action takes place over a couple of days, but what a couple of days. An enemy’s to lovers book with very few secondary characters, strangely compelling, well written and a smooth easy read. I’m looking forward to reading more.
I received this arc from the author in exchange for an honest opinion.
Sylvia
Jun 19, 2018 rated it did not like it

I just didn't like this one.
I didn't understand why Dane couldn't stop
thinking about Kai and he kept saying sorry to him
for something he didn't even do or even knew about at that time
I think it's kinda normal having a crush on
someone and they don't even notice you or like you back
So yeah Kai's issues were just ridiculous to me .

Kaila
Jun 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
this was an interesting story.. it had spots that i was very irritated at the characters but then it kinda made sense at the same time. i enjoyed their emotions and the things they go through.. it felt a bit rushed i will admit.. but overall i am really glad i read it. i really liked it
Pat
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
The good storyline and the great characters made this book a very enjoyable read!
Ali
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Instalove after hurt. Loved it. I would have preferred more of their life together and a fuller HEA. Looking forward to reading more from this new to me author.
« previous 1 3 next »
Wendy Rathbone has had dozens of stories published in anthologies such as: Hot Blood, Writers of the Future (second place,) Bending the Landscape, Mutation Nation, A Darke Phantastique, and more. The book "Dreams of Decadence Presents: Wendy Rathbone and Tippi Blevins" contains a large collection of her vampire stories and poems. Over 500 of her poems have been published in various anthologies and ...more