Start by marking “The Summer We Lost Her” as Want to Read:
The Summer We Lost Her

The Summer We Lost Her

Expected publication: June 4th 2019 by Gallery/Scout Press

To ask other readers questions about The Summer We Lost Her, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Summer We Lost Her

Barbara
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Matt and Elisha Sorenson and their daughter Gracie have come to the Adirondacks to sell Matt's grandfather's lakefront cabin. There is tension between Matt and Elisha because of her frequent trips away from home to compete in dressage and the fact that Elisha had a riding accident which caused a premature birth for Gracie who now must use crutches to walk. Their daughter suddenly disappears one day and a huge search begins. Will they find Gracie? You'll have to read the book to find out. I enjoy ...more
Dawn Byers
Mar 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Matt, a lawyer, his wife an Olympic rider and their mildly handicapped daughter Gracie make for an intriguing story filled with tension and drama.
I was given this book from NetGalley for an honest review -
Matt's father dies and the family moves to the cabin to ready it for sale.
His wife is gone riding and getting ready for the Olympics which puts a strain on their relationship.
Added to that - next door at the cabin is Matt's ex. Then to top it off Gracie disappears.
Will they ever find Gracie? W
Bonnie
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Drama unfolds during a family's stay at a lakeside cabin where a couple may be on the verge of splitting up and secrets are about to come out and forgiveness is needed to move on and save a family. I thought that this story about the family that have been shaken by a scary event was well written and intensely moving. If you like family drama reads, you'll enjoy this one. Thank you to the publisher for the ARC.
Dec 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: general-fiction
A well paced and written novel. Driven, almost singularly focused, Elise has been training for the Olympics for years. Her intense schedule and frequent absences have out a strain on her marriage. Her husband, Matt, has long been the primary caretaker of the their young daughter. When "Little Green" is abducted the resentments and secrets bubble over threatening to destroy their marriage.
Carol Scheherazade
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
A bit better than the usual in this genre.
Betsy
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Okay, this was about as implausible as anything I've ever read, but it was skillfully plotted and well written. I think it's going to be big when it comes out in June.
Sidney Foster
Mar 09, 2019
elizabeth
rated it did not like it
Mar 03, 2019
Jul 01, 2018
Alison Williams
Mar 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: fiction
This book is very engaging.

description
Jamie Mason
Nov 02, 2018
Natalie
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was a wonderful surprise, nothing trite or expected. The story of a marriage, where the wife is the partner who is driven and because of her olympic ambitions and a mildly handicapped child, Matt and Elise are put under tremendous strain. Elise is a champion Dressage rider, it is this love of her sport that was involved in her daughter’s disability.

To settle their financial and emotional issues the couple goes to Lake Placid, to sell the cabin and acreage of Matt’s idolized grandfathe
Elizabeth
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was hesitant at first to read this because I don’t like books where things happen to children, but [Spoiler Alert - look away now if you don’t want to know anything about how the story ends] it turns out this one has a happy ending! In fact, my only real complaint with this book would be that the ending was a little too happy and too perfect. It just seemed unlikely in the world we live in, but that’s ok...we all need to be able to hope that things can end happily. I really enjoyed this thrill ...more
MeWriter
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Really well written family drama surrounding a family's stay at their summer place while preparing it for sale. There are many turns in this story including the kidnapping of their only child, the husband's first love living next door and a cast of characters who seem to alternately revere and loath the family. Both Matt and ;Elise are nearing the top of their careers but what will they sacrifice to get it?
Robin
Julie
Rachel
Tiffany
Jan 16, 2019
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."
Anais Nin quote from Oprah's website inspired Tish Cohen to write her first adult novel.

Tish Cohen is the author of TOWN HOUSE, a 2008 finalist for the Commonwealth Writers’ Prize – Best First Book Award (Canada and Caribbean region), and in development as a feature film with Fox 2000. Ridl