Start by marking “The Radiant Midnight: Depression, Grace, and the Gifts of a Dark Place” as Want to Read:
The Radiant Midnight: Depression, Grace, and the Gifts of a Dark Place

The Radiant Midnight: Depression, Grace, and the Gifts of a Dark Place

“In The Radiant Midnight you will find not merely abstract ideas about the essence of darkness or how to go about facing it. You will also find humor, Wisdom. Honesty. You will find Melissa’s very bone and blood…it is here, then, in reading—rather, perhaps, listening to—her words, that your heart, trapped as it may feel in its own midnight, begins to see the first signs of ...more
Published April 2nd 2019 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Radiant Midnight, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Radiant Midnight

Start your review of The Radiant Midnight: Depression, Grace, and the Gifts of a Dark Place
Shay Fort
Feb 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Radiant Midnight spoke to the depths of my soul in ways I was not aware possible. Writing about her own struggles with depression and anxiety from a young age, Melissa Maimone encourages others to see the darkness as an opportunity to grow. I chose this book based off of the title - perhaps my own struggles with anxiety led me to see something of value in it, and I have not been disappointed.

Maimone's writing is raw and vulnerable. Reading her story I feel seen and heard and confirmed, knowi
Kathy
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Radiant Midnight is about the author’s continuing struggles with anxiety and depression and how her Christian faith has helped her to not only survive the dark times, but to recognize them as an opportunity to grow in her faith.

The author’s willingness to be totally open about her struggles with the deep despair of midnight where darkness abounds, gives her authenticity and connects her to readers who are currently or have in the past been caught in the tight grip of depression, anxiety and/
Lauri Gentry
Jul 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
This is an excellent book for anyone battling depression. It can guide you through the process of finding hope when all you see is hopelessness. Melissa writes with wisdom, humor and experience. She didn't just read about depression in a text book or magazine articles. She has lived it, survived it and has thrived through it. Even if you are not going through depression yourself it is a good tool to use if you are walking along someone who is. It also contains helpful tools for those who have be ...more
Jill Pouliot
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Yay! Just finished a book!!! It's been a while but this book really held my attention for the past month. I highly enjoyed how kind and gentle Melissa was with the way she wrote. It was beautiful to say the least. I really love her life story. I could literally feel myself relax every time I picked this up. A lovely and peaceful reading experience. I recommend this to anyone who really understands the meaning of midnight, the beauty of it and how it construes much of what we believe and say.
Kelli Wilkinson Lafferty
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Seriously amazing book. Melissa helped me see depression through a different lens than I had looked before. I was able begin to focus my attention on God, His attributes, His character, and search for Him in the middle of the darkness instead of relying on myself. She really does a beautiful job of helping the reader feel like they are not alone in their struggles. Loved it and would highly recommend it to anyone that is dealing or has dealt with depression.
Julia
Aug 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing book. Melissa Maimone is an eloquent and beautiful author who walks through the journey of darkness and depression in an honest way. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is going through or has went through a difficult season with mental health or grief, or has a loved one who does.
Joanie
Feb 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
A look into the mind and life of the author. She gives me pause to think about how a person can use their depression to get closer to God. My only criticism of the book is the repetition of the "midnight" which becomes tiresome. I enjoyed her questions and meditations at the end of the chapters, giving you time to process the previous chapter.
Kristen Davidson
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I wish I had this resource when I went through a 2.5 year Midnight. Excellent book.
Diane Perry
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Such a great read. Honest and thought provoking. Highly recommend.
Pamela
Apr 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Best book on depression ever!

Every page a blessing. Words to hang onto in the darkest night of depression, anxiety and grief. A light in the darkness for all who suffer. Not self-help, but Christ-help. I highly recommend this book!!
Bets

• The Light in the Hallway
  • American Dirt
  • Hope Heals: A True Story of Overwhelming Loss and an Overcoming Love
  • Mark Twain: A Christian Response to His Battle with God
  • The Commodore (Aubrey & Maturin #17)
  • Fallen: A Trauma, a Marriage, and the Transformative Power of Music