Start by marking “The Key to Happily Ever After” as Want to Read:
The Key to Happily Ever After

The Key to Happily Ever After

One of BuzzFeed’s “Books Coming Out This Summer That You Need to Seriously Read” * One of Bustle’s “New Romance Novels to Make Your Spring Reading Even Dreamier Than You Imagined”

A charming romantic comedy about three sisters who are struggling to keep the family wedding planning business afloat—all the while trying to write their own happily-ever-afters in the process.

A
Published May 14th 2019 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about The Key to Happily Ever After, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Key to Happily Ever After

Kendall
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Don't you just LOVE the cover of this book?! I was quick to jump on this one for the cover alone :).

This is the story about three sisters Jane, Pearl, and Mari who have taken over the wedding business that they have inherited from their family. This book is marketed as a romcom but it focused more on the relationship dynamics between the three sisters instead of the romance aspect.

I think my expectations were gearing up towards a romcom so this may have caused my rating to be a tad lower since
Kate ☀️ Olson
(free review copy) Oh, I loved it! Wedding planner stories are my absolute favorite and this book combined wedding planning with sisters and an excellent Washington DC setting. There’s business and romance and food and it’s so atmospheric. If you love stories about weddings and family, definitely add this to your summer reading list!
Kristy K
A pretty lighthearted family drama about three sisters who own a wedding planning business and discover love around the same time. The two main characters are Marisol and Pearl, the oldest and younger sisters respectively. There’s family conflict and a little bit of drama but overall it displays the closeness sisters share even when they’re fighting.

As an aside (and totally a joke, as I am a middle child) but in typical fashion, the middle child was left out from having a POV.

I received an adv
Amy
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5/5

I’m a sucker for both books about sisters and anything wedding related, so I was pretty excited about this one! Bonus points for sisters who are wedding planners, I’ve always thought that would be an interesting job too, and then that adorable cover just screamed READ ME as well. All sorts of positive possibilities for me surrounding this one and I’m delighted to tell you that I really enjoyed it.
This follows the de la Rosa sisters right after they take over their parents wedding planning f
Kristy Harvey
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three sisters, one wedding planning business, and a lot of brides... This charming, fun, and, at times, deeply poignant, trip down the aisle(s) is full of romance, family drama and unexpected twists. The de la Rosa women will captivate you from the very first paragraph!
Susan Peterson
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They’re were so many things I loved about this book! First of all, I love reading books about sisters, and the relationship between the three sisters in this book, Mari, Jane and Pearl was so complicated and honest. Second of all, I loved the setting of Washington D.C. and the fact that the girls were wedding planners, running their own bridal business added a very unique spin to this story. I also loved learning about the Filipino culture, something I was not familiar with. Lastly, the romantic ...more
Jess

I really loved the variety of weddings presented in the book. It was lovely to see so many different types of ceremonies and couples, etc on the page. The family business stuff was hard at times because I absolutely get the dynamic of stubborn siblings clashing and I wanted to knock heads together and obviously you cannot do that to fictional characters.

This was another book that made me very hungry, so you know, beware of that.
Alexa
Read with Rachel for Friends with ARCs!

It was a delight meeting the de la Rosa girls (especially as they reminded me of my sisters and our relationships too), and I also enjoyed the wedding planning business aspect of everything and the Filipino cultural details. I would have just liked a little bit more time with the romances each sister has!
Amy Reichert
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!!
The Lit Bitch
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first thing that attracted me to this book was the title and the bright cover art! I found the title intriguing and it instantly made me think about things that make my own ‘happily ever after’ so special.

I also thought the bright robin’s egg blue and yellow on the cover was so eye catching and I was instantly curious about this one and gladly agreed to read it!

The summary of the book also sounded interesting. I have been reading a lot of historical mysteries as well as some heavy women’s fi
Jacqueline Francis
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and tender story about such adorable sisters! This was such a fun read. I found myself smiling throughout the book. It had cute, rom com vibes that wouldn't quit! I could easily see this book turning into a chick flick. This is the perfect beach read for the summer!

I am so happy about more Filipino-American representation in contemporary fiction and romance and Tif Marcelo does a stupendous job of seamlessly weaving it into the story.

I received a copy in exchange for an honest rev
Maida
Just call me Mari because she is me. 😛

Full review here: https://maidamalby.com/2019/05/14/the...

#representation
#multicultural
#diversebooks
#FilipinoAmerican
Lindsay (nerdybooknurse)
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Key to Happily Ever After by Tif Marcelo follows sisters Mari, Jane and Pearl de la Rosa as the three have just inherited the family's wedding planning business Rings and Roses from their parents. Every chapter has a specific song-themed title and the POV shifts between the sisters.

Mari, the oldest sister is doing her best to be a good example for her sisters after she's made some mistakes in the past. Mari has put her personal life on hold to pour everything into the business, but then she
Sue
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love reading books about sisters. This one is very true to life -- three sisters working together and having frequent disagreements but they always have each other's back when they need support. These three sisters are struggling to keep the family wedding planning business successful. Their parents had started the business and when they retired, they turned the business over to their daughters - Mari, Jane and Pearl. This is a sweet romantic comedy about the power of sisterhood.

Mari is the ol
Jennie
Figured this would be a good palate cleanser coming off a huge book hangover and I wasn't wrong. Marcelo pulls off a major balancing act here with a book that's light and fun but still has a lot of substance. Part romance, part family drama, part coming of age/career development, three Filipino sisters navigate the transition of family business from their parents to themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Steaminess scale: 1/10 very very tame
Fae Crate
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I literally read this entire book in one sitting. The mix of sisterhood and romance was absolutely perfect and extremely sweet. The de la Rosa family is one that any would kill to be a part of. I know I would want a group of loyal and loving sisters like these tight knit ladies. I adore how we are given sweet romances for each sister while still keeping the main story line about sisterhood and family. This is a must read of 2019!
Gaele
Set in Washington, D.C. the de la Rosa sisters, Marisol, Jane and Pearl are wedding planners and now the co-owners of the family business Rings and Roses, a well-established wedding planning service founded by their mother. Mari, as the oldest, has stepped into the role of CEO, with Jane handling the financial end of things, Pearl the social media, and all 3 working the ‘day of’ events and pitching in to service their brides as needs must. As the eldest and most organized, Mari is a bit of a mar ...more
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Apr 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, fiction, romance
"The Key to Happily Ever After" is the story of three sisters who take over their family wedding store after their parents finally decide to retire. Although the women have been around the business for a long time, they don't realize how hard it is going to be to deal with brides who have very specific ideas about how their wedding should be or how hard it may be to work with each other. Luckily, these three sisters, Mari, Janelyn, and Pearl, are close and committed and ambitious. They will make ...more
Linda Zagon
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tif Marcelo, Author Of “The Key to Happily Ever After” has written an entertaining, intriguing, captivating, witty, and emotional novel. The Genres for this Novel are Fiction, Women’s Fiction and Romance. The timeline for this story is in the present and goes to the past when it pertains to the characters or events in the story. The author describes her characters as compassionate and having their own problems.

The three De La Rosa sisters, Marisol, Janelyn, and Pearl have a good relationship, bu
Reeca Elliott
Marisol, Janelyn and Pearl have taken over their family wedding business. But, it is not all it’s cracked up to be. There is a lot of family dynamics, crazy weather and just stressed out brides to deal with! Not to mention, the money issues they inherited.

Pearl is the younger of the three. She is the most laid back and easy going of her sisters. Janelyn is always the peacemaker. Marisol, the only way to put it is…THE BOSS. These three struggle with each other, as most families do. Pearl wants to
Milena
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Key to Happily Ever After was such a delightful and heart-warming read, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The book is about three de la Rosa sisters, who run a wedding planning business together while navigating professional disagreements, family drama, and romantic entanglements.

I liked the premise of the book and I loved de la Rosa sisters' relationship. They had their differences and they fought but their love for each other was unmistakable. There were also some very interesting romances develop
J.M. Powers
May 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Key to Happily Ever After depicts the myriad aspects in the loving and sometimes conflicting aspects between sisters. I'm the oldest sister of three girls in my family, and I totally related to the strong bond between Mari, Jane and Pearl. Each one of the characters has their own personality, yet still allow the qualities each can contribute to the de la Rosa company. I wish there were more about their Filipino culture, as it is a fascinating aspect of the respect given to and birth order of ...more
Michelle
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley
Sweet and uplifting, without ever veering into saccharine Hallmark Channel territory! The Key to Happily Ever After is like the perfect marriage between a wedding planning reality show and a family drama.

FTC.

Jennifer Schultheis
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: hq
Review to come.
angelareadsbooks
Apr 16, 2019 rated it liked it
A heartwarming story about three sisters as they run their wedding planning family business. As they struggle to discover what they want in life and how to relate as sisters, their each find their own key to happily ever after!

Check out this book if you love books about sisters, family relationships, and enjoyed the movie The Wedding Planner

Thank you to Netgalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read and review this book!
C.E. Hart
Apr 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Key to Happily Ever After is on my Favorites of 2019 list! I really enjoyed the de la Rosa sisters and the myriad of emotions they put me through. The book includes witty moments, to be sure, but I don’t necessarily agree with its categorization as a romantic comedy. It feels much deeper than that—more like women’s fiction (my favorite genre) with elements of romance.

One of my favorite aspects of this book is the family dynamic between the three sisters—Mari, Jane, and Pearl. Although I enj
Charlotte Lynn
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Imagine working with your family every day. There has to be someone in charge, someone to keep everyone on the same page. But there also is bound to be drama, differing opinions, and butting of heads. The three sisters who are running the de la Rosa family wedding planning business want the business to succeed, especially after their parents have retired leaving them all equal partners. I love how they worked together, how they fought with each other, and how they managed to make the business su ...more
Homerun2
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads

Pearl, Jane and Mari have taken over the family wedding planning business. Their relationship is very much about family dynamics and birth order: Mari is the oldest, and she is controlling and has to be in charge. Jane is the middle child and is calm and competent but being a single mom with health issues, has a lot on her plate. And Pearl, the youngest, is creative and sometimes brilliant but not completely trusted by her siblings.

A business and family crisis looms when Pearl insists
Kerry Croucier
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was such a fun read, just what I needed for a weekend when I all I wanted to do was curl up with a good book. When three sisters take over the family wedding planning business they are determined to make it work, hopefully together. The family dynamics are spot on, the interactions between the sisters as family and business partners were complicated and honest. It was interesting watching each try to make their own mark in the business while trying to grow professionally, but also remember ...more
Sharon
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: net-galley
Three sisters, a fantastic business opportunity for them as their parents decide it's time to retire from the business. Rings and Roses is only the most sought-after wedding planning business in Washington, D.C Marisol, the oldest sister, is all business. Jane is the logical planner and the peacemaker. Pearl, the youngest, is the baby in many ways, but also the most creative of the three. As they go about their day-to-day work, drawing in people with enormous budgets, their lives become complic ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Updating a book cover 2 25 Feb 12, 2019 03:43PM

• The Marriage Clock
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Pride, Prejudice, and Other Flavors
  • Risking It All
  • Well Met
  • Passion on Park Avenue (Central Park Pact, #1)
  • Dangerous Alliance
  • I'm Fine and Neither Are You
  • The Unhoneymooners
  • The Sisters
  • Wicked As You Wish (A Hundred Names for Magic, #1)
  • Best Supporting Role
  • Ten Things I Hate About the Duke (Difficult Dukes, #2)
  • The McAvoy Sisters Book of Secrets
  • She's the Worst
  • The Southern Side of Paradise (Peachtree Bluff #3)
  • Heaven or This
  • Swimming for Sunlight
Tif believes in and writes about heart-eyes romance, the strength of families, and the endurance of friendship. A veteran Army Nurse with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing and a Master of Public Administration, she is a craft enthusiast, food-lover and the occasional half-marathon runner. As a military spouse, she has moved nine times, and this adventure shows in some of her free-spirited character ...more