Start by marking “The Key to Happily Ever After” as Want to Read:
The Key to Happily Ever After

The Key to Happily Ever After

One of BuzzFeed’s “Books Coming Out This Summer That You Need to Seriously Read” * One of Bustle’s “New Romance Novels to Make Your Spring Reading Even Dreamier Than You Imagined”

A charming romantic comedy about three sisters who are struggling to keep the family wedding planning business afloat—all the while trying to write their own happily-ever-afters in the process.
Published May 14th 2019 by Gallery Books

Start your review of The Key to Happily Ever After
Kendall
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Don't you just LOVE the cover of this book?! I was quick to jump on this one for the cover alone :).

This is the story about three sisters Jane, Pearl, and Mari who have taken over the wedding business that they have inherited from their family. This book is marketed as a romcom but it focused more on the relationship dynamics between the three sisters instead of the romance aspect.

I think my expectations were gearing up towards a romcom so this may have caused my rating to be a tad lower since
Kristy K
A pretty lighthearted family drama about three sisters who own a wedding planning business and discover love around the same time. The two main characters are Marisol and Pearl, the oldest and younger sisters respectively. There’s family conflict and a little bit of drama but overall it displays the closeness sisters share even when they’re fighting.

As an aside (and totally a joke, as I am a middle child) but in typical fashion, the middle child was left out from having a POV.

I received an adv
Nursebookie
Aug 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a charming story about the de la Rosas, a Filipino Family living in the Washington, DC area and their Wedding Planning business. The story revolves around the three sisters Marisol, Janelyn and Pearl. Their parents just announced their retirement, and the three sisters are left to manage the business, to handle the day to day challenges, and to ensure the business stays afloat and thrive. That means, managing the bridezillas, the over controlling families and whatever surprises that may ...more
Taryn
May 29, 2019 rated it it was ok
I feel a little misled by the blurb characterizing this as a rom-com--to me, it read more like a grind-out-your-issues family drama. It just didn't come off very light or funny, I guess? I listened to the audio version and the narrator had a very serious, weighty delivery, so maybe that was the issue. Also, I wasn't super invested in either of the two central romances--after what felt like hours and hours of listening to the two sisters fight, I didn't like either Mari or Pearl enough to root ve ...more
mindful.librarian ☀️
(free review copy) Oh, I loved it! Wedding planner stories are my absolute favorite and this book combined wedding planning with sisters and an excellent Washington DC setting. There’s business and romance and food and it’s so atmospheric. If you love stories about weddings and family, definitely add this to your summer reading list!
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
3.5! I didn’t really connect with the story until halfway through. I really enjoyed the relationship between the three sisters but I would’ve LOVED the middle sister’s POV/romance. She was the one I was most interested in and she almost got nothing lol.
Kristy Harvey
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Three sisters, one wedding planning business, and a lot of brides... This charming, fun, and, at times, deeply poignant, trip down the aisle(s) is full of romance, family drama and unexpected twists. The de la Rosa women will captivate you from the very first paragraph!
Amy
May 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
3.5/5

I’m a sucker for both books about sisters and anything wedding related, so I was pretty excited about this one! Bonus points for sisters who are wedding planners, I’ve always thought that would be an interesting job too, and then that adorable cover just screamed READ ME as well. All sorts of positive possibilities for me surrounding this one and I’m delighted to tell you that I really enjoyed it.
This follows the de la Rosa sisters right after they take over their parents wedding planning f
Susan Peterson
Feb 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
They’re were so many things I loved about this book! First of all, I love reading books about sisters, and the relationship between the three sisters in this book, Mari, Jane and Pearl was so complicated and honest. Second of all, I loved the setting of Washington D.C. and the fact that the girls were wedding planners, running their own bridal business added a very unique spin to this story. I also loved learning about the Filipino culture, something I was not familiar with. Lastly, the romantic ...more
Wendy Bunnell
Jun 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was so cute, I fell in love with the whole de la Rosa family. The sisters were so realistic and relatable. I might have gone crazy in that family, but they made it work.

I loved the behind the scenes look at operating a wedding business with the added drama of three sisters as equal owners on paper, but oldest sis Marisol is definitely in charge, ask anyone. Youngest sis Pearl bristles and aches to spread her wings. So much great introspection and growth.

One thing that threw me off just a li
Jess

I really loved the variety of weddings presented in the book. It was lovely to see so many different types of ceremonies and couples, etc on the page. The family business stuff was hard at times because I absolutely get the dynamic of stubborn siblings clashing and I wanted to knock heads together and obviously you cannot do that to fictional characters.

This was another book that made me very hungry, so you know, beware of that.
The Lit Bitch
Apr 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The first thing that attracted me to this book was the title and the bright cover art! I found the title intriguing and it instantly made me think about things that make my own ‘happily ever after’ so special.

I also thought the bright robin’s egg blue and yellow on the cover was so eye catching and I was instantly curious about this one and gladly agreed to read it!

The summary of the book also sounded interesting. I have been reading a lot of historical mysteries as well as some heavy women’s fi
Megha Patel
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was ok
I expected a lot better from this book. I have 2 older sisters myself and I love them dearly. So when I saw this book follows 3 sisters and their business I was excited but what I got was just a lot of banter and disagreements between them. They don't seem to like each other and also seem a little self centered. Running a business with family is difficult at times but the way they all behaved with each other don't sit well with me. And the story was boring as well. So, overall I was very disappo ...more
Maida
Just call me Mari because she is me. 😛

Full review here: https://maidamalby.com/2019/05/14/the...

#representation
#multicultural
#diversebooks
#FilipinoAmerican
Bree Hill
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was ok
***Full Review Coming to my Blog Soon***
www.fallingforromance.com

I think my disappointment with this book was that it wasn’t what I expected. Had I read it when my mood was screaming *women’s fiction* I would’ve loved it! But it wasn’t. And I went into this expecting a romantic comedy. The romance was a small part and there wasn’t really anything comedic about the story. I’m rooting for Tif Marcelo, will keep an eye out for whatever else she puts out into the world and I may even give this one a
Amy Reichert
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!!
Ari
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

Two years ago, Tif Marcelo won me over with her debut romance and I've been in love with her words ever since. I was so excited to pick up her newest release and though I didn't have a clue what the book was about, I knew I was gonna enjoy whatever Marcelo was about to serve me (and spoiler alert: I did!).

Marisol de la Rosa and her two sisters, Janelyn and Pearl, have recently taken over their parent'
Rashika (is tired)
The Key To Happily Ever After is probably not the kind of romance people will expect because family is at the forefront of this book, but nevertheless, it is absolutely delightful and I loved spending time with the de la Rosa sisters.

With their parents retired and the family wedding planning business finally theirs, the de la Rosa sisters have a lot on their plate. But when Pearl and Marisol cannot stop clashing about their ideas for the business, things start unraveling. This isn’t helped by Ja
Jacqueline Francis
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a sweet and tender story about such adorable sisters! This was such a fun read. I found myself smiling throughout the book. It had cute, rom com vibes that wouldn't quit! I could easily see this book turning into a chick flick. This is the perfect beach read for the summer!

I am so happy about more Filipino-American representation in contemporary fiction and romance and Tif Marcelo does a stupendous job of seamlessly weaving it into the story.

I received a copy in exchange for an honest rev
Chris Conley
A fun story...really good picture of families and friends.
Bookish Anki
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I would like to thank GALLERY BOOKS for sending me a free copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

The Key to Happily Ever After is one of the best women’s fiction I have read this year & to top , it is set in Washington DC one of my fav places. A wonderful story about the de la Rosa sisters Mari, Jane & Pearl who have recently inherited the family business of wedding planning from their mother so there is a some chaos with managing the finances to keep the business successfully runnin
Alexa
Apr 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Read with Rachel for Friends with ARCs!

It was a delight meeting the de la Rosa girls (especially as they reminded me of my sisters and our relationships too), and I also enjoyed the wedding planning business aspect of everything and the Filipino cultural details. I would have just liked a little bit more time with the romances each sister has!
Lindsay (nerdybooknurse)
May 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Key to Happily Ever After by Tif Marcelo follows sisters Mari, Jane and Pearl de la Rosa as the three have just inherited the family's wedding planning business Rings and Roses from their parents. Every chapter has a specific song-themed title and the POV shifts between the sisters.

Mari, the oldest sister is doing her best to be a good example for her sisters after she's made some mistakes in the past. Mari has put her personal life on hold to pour everything into the business, but then she
Sue
Apr 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love reading books about sisters. This one is very true to life -- three sisters working together and having frequent disagreements but they always have each other's back when they need support. These three sisters are struggling to keep the family wedding planning business successful. Their parents had started the business and when they retired, they turned the business over to their daughters - Mari, Jane and Pearl. This is a sweet romantic comedy about the power of sisterhood.

Mari is the ol
Jennie
Figured this would be a good palate cleanser coming off a huge book hangover and I wasn't wrong. Marcelo pulls off a major balancing act here with a book that's light and fun but still has a lot of substance. Part romance, part family drama, part coming of age/career development, three Filipino sisters navigate the transition of family business from their parents to themselves. I thoroughly enjoyed this!

Steaminess scale: 1/10 very very tame
Trianna/Treereads
Jun 28, 2019 rated it liked it
2.5/5

I just could not get invested in the story and felt that the sisters' in fighting felt more like teenagers than 30 year old women.
Brandy Painter
Nov 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thoroughly enjoyed this. The sister dynamics were great though largely defined by birth order. (And the middle sister doesn't have much of a voice or story on her own. Poor middle children.) However, overall it was just a really enjoyable read with characters I would like to see more of.
Kate Rock
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first nook from this author and certainly not my last. I loved it in so many ways, She certainly will be an author on my good to list.
Fae Crate
Dec 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I literally read this entire book in one sitting. The mix of sisterhood and romance was absolutely perfect and extremely sweet. The de la Rosa family is one that any would kill to be a part of. I know I would want a group of loyal and loving sisters like these tight knit ladies. I adore how we are given sweet romances for each sister while still keeping the main story line about sisterhood and family. This is a must read of 2019!
Christine
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this way more than I actually did. The sisters' relationships were fascinating but in the end, I was frustrated by how unequally they were treated. What happened to Jane's story??
Goodreads Librari...: Updating a book cover 2 25 Feb 12, 2019 03:43PM

• The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • How to Hack a Heartbreak
  • Love at First Like
  • Party of Two (The Wedding Date, #5)
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • Girl Gone Viral (Modern Love, #2)
  • Waiting for Tom Hanks (Waiting for Tom Hanks, #1)
  • Blitzed (Playbook, #3)
  • Would Like to Meet
  • The Wedding Party (The Wedding Date, #3)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • Faker
  • The Happy Ever After Playlist
  • Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Not That Kind of Guy
  • The Friend Zone
  • The Worst Best Man
Tif Marcelo is a veteran army nurse and holds a BS in Nursing and a Master’s in public administration. She believes and writes about the strength of families, the endurance of friendship, heartfelt romances, and is inspired daily by her own military hero husband and four children. She hosts Stories to Love Podcast, and she is also the author of Once Upon a Sunset, The Key to Happily Ever After, an ...more

Articles featuring this book

Looking for the perfect reading match? Here to help you find your happily ever after this summer are some of the biggest and...