Start by marking “Mighty Meg and the Magical Ring” as Want to Read:
Mighty Meg and the Magical Ring

Mighty Meg and the Magical Ring

(Mighty Meg #1)

In the first book of the Mighty Meg series, Meg receives a ring for her eighth birthday and wakes up with superpowers!

Meg's life is turned upside down when a magical ring gives her superpowers! But Meg isn't the only one who changes. Strange things start happening in her once-normal town, and now Meg must use her brand-new superpowers to keep everyone safe.

Can Meg master h
Published January 29th 2019 by little bee books

To ask other readers questions about Mighty Meg and the Magical Ring, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mighty Meg and the Magical Ring

Hannah Greendale
This is the first in an adorable early chapter book series about Meg, a girl who's aunt gifts her a (female) viking warrior's ring that grants her super powers. Meg lives with her mom and younger brother, and she has a loving relationship with both. No indication is given why her father is absent. Lots of illustrations, a pinch of humor, and loads of girl power!
Meg hadn't expected Aunt Nikki to come to her party because she had been on a scientific dig in Sweden. Her aunt was an archaeologist a
Allie
An awesome superhero origin story. The illustrations are really lovely, but the writing is what knocks it out of the park. There are tons of tiny details (many of which I read to the other librarian on desk tonight) that are so specific, loving, and very special. I've read so many of this type of chapter book, and this is an absolutely shining example.

I would honestly give it 5 stars, except that it is ghostwritten. That just gives me a unpleasant feeling, and the writing is so lovely and strong
Annese
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic beginner chapter book!! So looking forward to the next title in the series.
chelka
Jul 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kid-books
My 3.5-year-old and I enjoyed this one, though I'm not sure we're fully in love with Meg yet. We'll have to see how the rest of the series pans out. It was an entertaining start to a series, but a lot of set up (for a preschool audience set on ACTION). Meg finds a ring, gains magic powers, and realizes (unlike most super kids) that she's too young to really be a superhero. And then she learns that she doesn't have to do big things to make a big difference. Hopefully this will turn into a series ...more
Lisa H
Apr 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a very cute story. Of course my adult self is still trying to figure out if she imagined it all or if it really happened (child self is firmly in the latter camp). Will definitely be recommending this book.
Robyn Klepfer
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
A super cute superhero book that will especially appeal to girls. The only reason it gets 4 stars instead of 5 is bc IDK if she will eventually tell her mom or not (only have the first book). Lol. I don't love that she lies to her mom, but I totally get that superheros have to keep SECRETS.
Christine Stamper
For her eighth birthday Meg is given a mysterious ring that gives her SUPER POWERS! With her super senses, super strength, super speed and invisibility she chooses BRAVERY to help those around her.
Kenn Kropffers
Apr 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read for my toddler daughter.
Shannon Allen
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Similar to other generic superhero origin stories in that a trinket brings powers and a decision to use them for good or hide them must be made is the focus of the story
Rainey
Apr 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love this character, love her family ❤ ...more
Chelsey
Jun 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Cute! And yes please to more transitional chapter books with PoCs!
Kaylen
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book is chock full of female empowerment and superhero coolness but still manages to be less than 100 pages. What's not to like?

Earl
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun new early chapter book series about a girl who receives a female warrior viking ring as a birthday present from her aunt. All of a sudden weird things are happening around her. And now she has powers!
Jaime

Mighty Meg (5 books)
  • Mighty Meg and the Melting Menace
  • Mighty Meg and the Accidental Nemesis
  • Mighty Meg and the Super Disguise
  • Mighty Meg: 4 Books in 1!