Start by marking “The Moon Sister (The Seven Sisters #5)” as Want to Read:
The Moon Sister (The Seven Sisters #5)

The Moon Sister

(The Seven Sisters #5)

From New York Times bestselling author Lucinda Riley, The Moon Sister transports you to the grandeur of the remote Scottish Highlands and the gypsy caves of Granada, just as Spain descends into civil war, interweaving the stories of two women searching for their destinies, at the risk of potentially losing their chance at love.

Tiggy D’Aplièse spends her days experiencing t
Published February 19th 2019 by Atria Books (first published 2018)

Start your review of The Moon Sister (The Seven Sisters #5)
Umut Reviews
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites-2018
OMG, this book! I love Lucinda Riley's Seven Sisters series, and I was eagerly waiting for this one.
This book exceeded all my expectations by far. With the 4th book, the pattern of lost love became a bit predictable, and I was wondering if Riley would break it. And, the answer is a definite yes. I found this book very exotic, and different than others.
Tiggy's story was so charming. The Scotland setting, and Spain setting was told perfectly. I felt myself as if shivering from cold in remot
Pauline
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
The Moon Sister by Lucinda Riley was an excellent historical novel, the first in a series of books about six young women who had all been adopted as babies and brought up as sisters.
The girls are devastated when their father dies and they all come home for the funeral. They are all given letters written by their father with clues to their natural parents.
This fifth book in the series is about Tiggy and the story of her search to find her family. The story takes us from Geneva to Scotland
Lori
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I am always excited when I see that a new The Seven Sisters novel is being released. This is a wonderful series that explores many different cultures around the world. Would highly recommend to any historical fiction reader. The storylines have a tendency to end ‘neatly’, but it certainly does not take away from the stories themselves. So ready to read Electra’s story in the next installment & get another clue about Pa Salt. 4.5 stars.
Kerri
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've been looking forward to reading Tiggy's story -- she's the spiritual, almost otherworldly sister, who was described as working with animals, and since the first book, this has been the sister I most wanted to get to know.

Aside from my interest in learning more about about Tiggy, I knew I was reading the perfect book when I opened it, and one of the first pages had an illustration of a hedgehog on it; or a 'Hotchiwitchi' as they are known in the British Romani language. It may so
Babydimps (Suzy)
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Every time I finish a Seven Sisters book, I find myself on pins and needles impatiently waiting for the next one to be released. Yes, they are THAT good!

Adopted by one man - Pa Salt - and raised together as sisters, each book focuses on one of the girls as they discover their ancestry and what part of the world they came from. The Moon Sister is Tiggy’s story. You’ll go from Geneva to Scotland to Spain with Tiggy as she discovers her heritage. Lucinda Riley has the most incredible
Dana Al-Basha دانة الباشا
Tiggy's story coming autumn 2018!! Tiggy the spiritual sister in Scotland. I'm a very spiritual person so I can relate to her a lot.

Nicola Gray
Claire Robinson
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: shit-hot-series
4.5 - "At least we have beauty…" Stars!

The fifth book in the Seven Sisters series; The Moon Sister gives us Tiggy D’Aplièse’s story. Again, and like its predecessors this is a story that you will get lost in, because it is such a richly woven, and colorfully embellished tapestry of a tale.

"The wind did blow you here to me… After all these years, you came as was told."

Present day the story starts in the wilds of Scotland, Tiggy still reeling from Pa Salt’s unexpected death is trying to deal with the revelations from the letter he wrote g
Judy
Feb 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 5th book in this series and the 4th that is about an individual one of the sisters. This is Tiggy's story and is captivating throughout. First of all, Tiggy has a gift with animals - she loves them and they respond very positively to her. She is very intuitive as well and senses many things around her. Tiggy has found a job in Scotland on the vast Kinnaird estate taking care of a few wildcats with the promise of the job expanding.

Tiggy's life changes after she meets Chill
The Lit Bitch
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
TAKE TWO REVIEW

I read this book only a few months ago, March to be exact. So why would I want to read it again so soon you ask? Well, I wanted to experience the Seven Sisters series again but in a whole new way.

I started re-reading the series back in April but this time, I started listening to all the books instead which proved to be quite a different experience all together. And now that all the sister stories are fresh in my mind, I was curious to see how this book held up on a se
Anna
May 14, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tiggy D'Apliese has always felt connected to nature. She works at a deer sanctuary in Scotland, where she sought solace after the death of her beloved father, Pa Salt. With the sanctuary closing, she has accepted a job as a wildlife consultant at the remote estate owned by Charlie Kinnaird. The estate had been in his family for generations, and Charlie wishes to revitalize it and take it into the future. While there she meets Chilly, a Romani man who fled from Spain in the midst of violence and ...more
RoseMary Achey
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I picked up the first Seven Sisters novel over 5 years ago, little did I know that Lucinda Riley would transport me to vast reaches of other cultures and historical timeframes. The Moon Sister is the fifth in Riley's magical series.

You know the series premise if you are reading this review-A wealthy man adopts 6 sisters and names them after the Seven Sister of the Pleiades. Upon his death the sisters are each provided with a clue to their heritage.

Lucinda Riley did a superb job of creating the atmosp
Amy
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I admit it, I just love these! Yes, one could complain about quite a few things. For one, they are more than a bit formulaic in nature, and they require and unbelievably huge suspension of disbelief. The suspension of disbelief and the formulaic weave together in a way that's impossible to ignore, except you can - if you fall in love with the premise. And each of the beautiful stories. This one as usual, had all the elements for me. And especially because Tiggy is the Spiritual sister, the one I ...more
Babydimps (Suzy)
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 stars! ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Theresa Smith
‘And at last, with the thought of my roots extending back over five hundred years, something stirred in my heart, as I began to feel the unbroken invisible thread that connected us all.’

The Moon Sister by Lucinda Riley is the fifth book in the Seven Sisters series. It’s the story of Tiggy, who up until now, has been a bit of an enigma, not featuring all that much at all in the previous four novels. Consequently, I went into this novel with no real preconceived notions about who she w
Debbie Littley
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I spotted this little gem had landed in my inbox it was like father Xmas had been early 🎅🏼 This book has been on my pre-ordered list since last November I think it was, what ever date it was it was a long time ago!! It still is on pre-order because as much as I love and appreciate these digital review copies I’m still dying to have the pretty hardback edition in my wee grubby little paws 🐾

Having read all of Lucinda’s books it is still this Seven Sisters series that captivate and
Joanne D'Arcy
Sep 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Here I am at the fifth story in The Seven Sisters series by Lucinda Riley. I had only just finished The Pearl Sister and this arrived, I debated whether to wait and look forward to reading it or diving straight in.

I chose the latter.

Tiggy D’Aplièse is the fifth of the girls to be adopted by Pa Salt, the billionaire who has died at the beginning of all these novels and leaves clues as to where he found all of his daughters. I can recall Tiggy being mentioned in previous no
KateNZ
Nov 27, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this series, and it was excellent to get to Tiggy’s story. I enjoyed it and the settings were lovely, but I didn’t connect as much with the characters as I did with the earlier books. Several of the principal characters were either over dramatic or dithering - not as convincing as I have come to expect. Melodrama is not my thing. And there were a couple of episodes where the motivation made no sense. So not as strong as I wanted, but some interesting new threads emerging - teasers for the ...more
Thebooktrail
description

Locations in the novel

There's a lot to say about this book and it's set in Granada, a city where I used to live so this was magical! Also strong settings in Scotland and visits to New York and Argentina. If you love music, rustic Scottish manor houses, flamenco and travel..get this on your TBR pile!

The story starts in Scotland where Tiggy, the moon sister of the title is working on a remote estate. What she finds there leads her to think something is going on and of course, she can't help but get involved.But in t
Glass Fairy
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: magic, instalove
I bought this boom for £4 from Tesco as a nice chunky read to sit with for 10 hours at the lake. It was nice to read the descriptions of the Scottish Highlands, I've never gone further than Dundee! As much as I hate being cold, the crunchy pure virgin snow sounded inviting, the trees, wildcats, peace and isolation (issoollaattiioon-mighty boosh reference, educate!) made me want to be out there.
As with every book, there will always be something that I don't enjoy, for me this book rushed a
Jenks
Nov 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every time I write a review from this series I hear the echo of my thoughts on the previous novel and each time I think I change my mind on who my favourite sister is . My first assumptions after reading the first novel are just not true. I thought I’d dislike the hippy tiggy , however , this was beautiful! Amazing and heart warming. I loved every page and every word.
I am getting nervous we are approaching our last sister and all of the reference to pa salt still being alive I’m on the edg
Jess The Bookworm
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the 5th book in the 'Seven Sisters' series, telling the story of Tiggy.

Tiggy lives in Scotland, looking after wildlife on a big, old estate. She's trying to figure out what she wants to do with the rest of her life, but first she must delve into her family history to discover who she is and where she came from.

Her search leads her to Spain, to the gypsy community outside of Granada's walls, where prejudice is prevalent and music in the veins of the people. Tiggy's grandmothe
Anneta
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished the 5th book of the seven sisters series and have mixed feelings about it. The story of the past did not exactly excite me. I found Lucia selfish, arrogant and awful. Her story was nothing special. It's Just that of a dancer that is so egotistic that the only thing she cares about is her dancing carrier. On the other hand Tiggy's story was lovely and beautiful. I loved everything about her, her love for animals and nature, her commitment to other people, her inner strength and he ...more
Louise Messik
Having loved the first four books I wish I could say the same about Tiggy’s story. Although I battled through to the end as I will read the next two books I did do quite a bit of skipping. Somehow in this book I just couldn’t get into the story.
Mary Fabrizio
Kills me to do it, but this was so smarmy and contrived. Maybe being the 5th book in a beloved series and the author cranking it out in 9 months (!) while in and out of the hospital doesn't make for good storytelling. Chilly sitting waiting for tiggy in the Scottish highlands to "lead" her back to Spain was ridiculous . And Charlie and her spending a whopping 30 minutes together is all the time needed to drop your dream for a man. Ich. Props to Riley for historical and cultural research, as usua ...more
Emma Crowley
Nov 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's hard to believe that we have already reached the fifth book in The Seven Sisters series - The Moon Sister. It seemed like only yesterday that the brilliant Lucinda Riley launched this exceptional series and yet now I find myself having completed another wonderful, gripping and heart wrenching read with only two more books to go before all will finally be revealed. With every book that Lucinda writes I find that I am reeled in right from the very first chapter and that once you start you jus ...more
Kate (kate_reads_)
The Seven Sisters series keeps getting better with every book! If you haven't already been reading this series - I would suggest reading them in order starting with The Seven Sisters. You could certainly still enjoy them by jumping in at any point - but I think you will get so much more reading them in order.

This series is about 6 sisters who were all adopted when they were babies and were each named after one of the stars in the Seven Sisters constellation. We come into their story
Angelique Simonsen
Another excellent installment this time with Scotland and Spain being featured. Again vivid characters that you fall in love with. I now definitely think pa salt is alive but I guess we will have to wait and see in the next installment which looks to be just as good.
Andrea
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned-books
Another spellbinding story woven through dual timelines. It takes us on a journey to the Scottish highlands, Spain pre and post WW2. The pages slipped by effortlessly. I absolutely loved it.
Adrienne
Nov 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Play Book Tag: The Moon Sister by Lucinda Riley - 4 stars 6 16 Mar 24, 2019 01:27PM

• De vergeten Deverill
  • The Spanish Promise
  • The Forgotten Secret
  • The Survivors
AKA: Lucinda Edmonds
Lucinda Riley was born in Ireland, and after an early career as an actress in film, theatre and television, wrote her first book aged twenty-four. Her books have been translated into over thirty five languages and sold twenty million copies worldwide. She is a Sunday Times and New York Times bestseller.

Lucinda is currently writing The Seven Sisters series, which tells the st

The Seven Sisters (6 books)
  • The Seven Sisters (The Seven Sisters, #1)
  • The Storm Sister (The Seven Sisters #2)
  • The Shadow Sister (The Seven Sisters #3)
  • The Pearl Sister (The Seven Sisters #4)
  • The Sun Sister (The Seven Sisters, #6)