Start by marking “Fence, Vol. 3 (Fence #9-12)” as Want to Read:
Fence, Vol. 3 (Fence #9-12)

Fence, Vol. 3

(Fence #3)

Combines Issues #9-12.

Scrappy fencer Nicholas Cox comes to the end of his path to prove himself worthy of a father he never knew in the face of surly upperclassmen, nearly impossible odds, and the talent of his rival, sullen fencing prodigy, Seiji Katayama.

Sparks fly white-hot on the pitch as Nicholas and Seiji finally face off once again in the halls of King’s Row. It’s a
Expected publication: August 20th 2019 by BOOM! Box

Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
STILL SO GREAT.
Emma
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The tryouts are finally over! I'm so happy for all the fencers who made the team, but especially for Nicolas and Seiji. Now it's all about training and becoming best friends. Ok, I actually hope for more than best friends, but I know it will be a long road for our two main characters. I'm going to be happy if in the next volume we get to take down that duck curtain in their room.
Can't wait to read more!!
Laura Herondale
Jun 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, read-in-2019
Apparently I’m trash for sports stories now?
thi
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I used up 4 of 12 of my borrows from hoopla for this and it was so worth it, those were some of the cutest scenes I’ve ever seen

5/5
Santy
Wish it was longer
Sara
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I need the continuation of this story NOW!!!

Elizabeth A
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-ya, graphix, 2019
You can read my review of the first three volumes of this comic series here:
Grace (Lost girl of neverland)
Another wonderful entry into this series. The best one yet in my opinion, so much drama, so much tension.

We really get to explore more about how much Nicholas looks up to and seeks Seiji’s approval. There’s a mutual respect they hold for each other but don’t want to admit it to the other. They’re no longer enemies, more begrudgingly friends. I just love how slow burn it is, there dynamic is everything.

I also loved learning more about the characters Eugene and Aiden. They’re given some more backs
47Time
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Of course Nicholas gets on the team. Really, what did I expect? The story is far from over, though, with the real competition coming up.

Nicholas and Seiji's match goes in Seiji's favor, but Nicholas also gets a point, which is something nobody expected. The two of them are the only ones wo don't have family rooting for them during the tryouts, so Nicholas declares Seiji his friend, to the latter's dismay.

(view spoiler)
nadia (( disquieting thing ))
this gem resurfaced on my feed again and you know what. i should just stop pretending like i'm not desperate and thinking about this a lot, go find it online and read it now. and then get the printed versions when they come out. i just. i can't not be reading this anymore !
Katelyn Landsiedel
May 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This story is getting better and better! I’m loving the mc and side characters so much, and the story is quite heartwarming as well
Allie
Read as separate issues since vol. 3 isn’t out yet.
I’m soooo obsessed with this series (so much so that I read issues #1-12 in one sitting lol) and I usually hate stories about sports, but this one is just so good. Cannot WAIT until the next issue because THAT CLIFFHANGER
Katie
May 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can Seiji and Nicholas just get together already because I love them and I need them together right about now. I just can't wait to see how their stories end.
Nadja
Loved once more all the characters and the friendship between them... It just keeps getting better and better... and this cliffhanger.?! Now the waiting begins...
Daniella (Reading With Daniella)
This series just keeps getting better and better! But that cliffhanger though... I'm not sure how I'll make it until the next issue is released.
Also:
1. I'm so proud of Nicholas!
2. Eugene is such a great person and I can't wait to learn more about him.
3. I am living for the relationship between Aiden and Harvard. The last scene between the two of them melted my heart. My heart aches for Aiden, and while he isn't always the greatest person, I can't help but adore him.
4. I love the relationship th
Melissa Veras
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the problem with comics, they're awfully short and if they're incomplete just God knows when you'll get another volume :(
I loved this story and this characters. Give me more, please :(
Sionna
THAT CLIFFHANGER!
UGHHHHH I regret over reading issues 9-12 ... I should have waited because now I'm DYING.

So cute though and amazing. Love this series so far.
Abbi Bennett
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Oh my god!! I loved this so so much!! The characters are so freaking cute and hilarious and it's so fluffy and diverse and oh my god WHY did it end like that?? I need more. Everyone has to go read this because it is so worth it!! :)
Marie-Ève
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just binge read the three volumes in one sitting and ugh SO GOOOOOD!
Jolien
Okay, how can it end like that? I need to know what happens next!
Marija (Inside My Library Mind)
LISTEN. Harvard and Aiden are so important, I cannot deal. This was a pretty great volume, if you ask me.
taylah
issue #12: ends
me: everything_is_fine_dog_surrounded_by_fire_meme.jpg
Rebecca
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was INCREDIBLE! the matches, the results, the team, the friendship — and that cliffhanger!!!!!!!!!!
rikajewellee
i can't believe i'm so attached to these dumbasses...
cecille
May 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Nicholas Cox is the illegitimate son of a U.S. Olympian fencer, who wants to prove himself to be similarly talented on the floor as his father and his half-brother. Lacking proper training but full of speed and passion, he tries out for the Kings Row fencing team. In addition, to maintain his scholarship he needs to live and work with fencing prodigy Seiji Katayama.

I picked up these comics by C.S. Pacat and Johanna the Mad because I loved the Captive Prince trilogy. Only 3 volumes, collecting 12
Ashley
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Whoops, read the last issue of this one back in November and forgot to mark it read. I really just want to re-read all three volumes back to back. Issue by issue, not fun.
Marhaba Gul
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! This is so good! I want MORE!!
Nessa
Dec 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
That sweet gay jealousy and UST bless 👌👌👌
Michael
Apr 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
You have to love an underdog story, especially one with realism. This does well by the fan of a good character while keeping us sprinkled with tidbits and clues to uncover. Will we see more about Nicholas’ family and how will that impact him? Will his friendship with superstar, and arrogant, Seiji grow into something more? Will Harvard and Aiden get together? Can we have more Bobby?

I’m probably not going to get an epee and learn to fence, but I enjoyed learning about it and can see the artistry
Sprinkled Pages
Jan 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
THIS SERIES IS HONESTLY SO ADDICTIVE AND ENJOYABLE! Absolutely loving where the story is going! I'm just so intrigued by the characters and the progression of narrative is incredibly smooth. Very much enjoying and of course, I'm onto the next volume!
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Giant Days, Vol. 9 (Giant Days #9)
  • Toil & Trouble: A Know Not Why Halloween (Mis)adventure
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: That Was Yesterday
  • Check, Please!: #Hockey, Vol. 1
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • The Backstagers, Vol. 1: Rebels Without Applause
  • Superior
  • Rogue & Gambit: Ring of Fire
  • Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers
  • Yes, Roya
  • All-New Captain America: Hydra Ascendant
  • Mera: Tidebreaker
  • An Anatomy of Beasts (Faloiv, #2)
  • The Bone Knife
  • Wuvable Oaf (Wuvable Oaf, Volume: 1)
  • El quinto dragón
  • Runaways, Vol. 3: The Good Die Young (Runaways, #3)
  • Abbott
C.S. Pacat is a Melbourne writer. Her first series the Captive Prince trilogy began its life as an original web serial. Self-published in 2013 to critical and commercial success and acclaim, the Captive Prince trilogy was acquired by Penguin, and will be published worldwide in 2015.

Fence (3 books)
  • Fence, Vol. 1 (Fence #1-4)
  • Fence, Vol. 2 (Fence #5-8)