Start by marking “Fence, Vol. 3” as Want to Read:
Fence, Vol. 3

Fence, Vol. 3

(Fence #9-12)

Combines Issues #9-12.

Scrappy fencer Nicholas Cox comes to the end of his path to prove himself worthy of a father he never knew in the face of surly upperclassmen, nearly impossible odds, and the talent of his rival, sullen fencing prodigy, Seiji Katayama.

Sparks fly white-hot on the pitch as Nicholas and Seiji finally face off once again in the halls of King’s Row. It’s a
Published August 20th 2019 by BOOM! Box

To ask other readers questions about Fence, Vol. 3, please sign up.
Arden No exact one! But C.S Pacat says in Fall of next year.
Adam Stone Nope. It ends on a reveal for an upcoming storyline!

Start your review of Fence, Vol. 3
Melanie

1.) Vol. 1 ★★★★★
2.) Vol. 2 ★★★★

I truly feel like this graphic novel series just gets better and better each installment. I feel like after I finished the last page of this volume, I felt like the story (and real angst) is just now going to be starting and I truly cannot wait. This truly has been such a purely joyous serotonin ride getting to this point, and I already can’t wait to see what happens next. And I also predict the next issues will have a much different tone, as well.

But if you don’t
Chloe
my favourite volume yet :')
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer
STILL SO GREAT.
Whitney Atkinson
May 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
I feel like this is the turning point in the series for stuff to actually start happening (which is a nice way of saying the series is good but the first three volumes could've been consolidated into one)
Christy
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-four-stars
I love these! I only wish a little more happened in each one, they're over far too soon. I can't wait to see what happens next. This one left me with a big smile on my face!
David Schaafsma
Sep 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: gn-glbt, gn-sports
Okay, so the first arc is done and tryouts are over, with a resolution reminiscent of The Hunger Games (I mean the first book, where we are supposed to narrow down to one survivor, but since we care so much about more than one person. . . ). This is still good, a sports-themed manga-ish story of competition (you don't have to know anything about fencing or even care about it, really) with undercurrents of m/m attraction, it is feeling like we need to do something just a bit different in the next ...more
Larry H
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
More fencing, more drama, more suspense!

We return to Kings Row and the tryouts for the fencing team. Ever since he surprised everyone by showing up at this school rather than someplace more prestigious, everyone is expecting Seiji Katayama to make the team. But who else will join him?

Nicholas has wanted to do nothing but fence for as long as he can remember. But can his skills overcome his lack of training and technique? Will his desire to make Seiji respect him cause more friction with his sull
Calista
Finally, it took 3 volumes, but they picked the members of the fencing team. It happened at the end of the volume. The end of the rounds were the beginning of the volume. It probably won’t happen, but I think there are sparks between Seiji and Nicholas. We’ll see if something happens.

This series is giving me everything I want. I wish they came out quicker and we didn’t have to wait so long. It’s a great series. I can’t believe how small the fencing team is. Only 3 people with a backup. That seem
Emma
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The tryouts are finally over! I'm so happy for all the fencers who made the team, but especially for Nicolas and Seiji. Now it's all about training and becoming best friends. Ok, I actually hope for more than best friends, but I know it will be a long road for our two main characters. I'm going to be happy if in the next volume we get to take down that duck curtain in their room.
Can't wait to read more!!
Isabella
Honestly if I were invested with these characters this easily would’ve been 5 stars but I think the more graphic novels I read, the more my expectations do as well >.<

I still really enjoyed this volume, definitely my favorite out of the three, and will probably continue reading (virtually!) because it’s still a very fun, lighthearted novel :”)
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“this is what it feels like to have your dreams go up in smoke.”

there’s not much to add to my reviews of the previous volumes other than the fact that i love these characters so incredibly much. after such a short time, i’ve grown attached to them and love them all to pieces. this volume made me laugh and cry like none of the ones before, and i can’t wait to see how this story will develop in further issues!

→ 5 stars
Maryam&#x1f33b;
May 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
this is my favorite so far!! i admit it got me a little emotional🥺these characters are so cute!! but that ending tho👌🏻😦
i want more😩😩
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
★★★★★ — 5 Stars!

I absolutely adored this volume. It was probably my favorite of the three volumes. It was nice to see the building of friendships and the tensions of who was going to make the team. And that ending though!
ash | novelly rooted
re-read before vol 4
this series is THRIVING
Zack Jay
Jul 25, 2020 rated it it was amazing
is it bad that I ship Harvard and Aiden together 💀 anyways I love the graphics and the story is great! I can't wait for more volumes to come out because that cliffhanger is killing me
Arunima
(〒﹏〒) need the new volume right now (〒﹏〒)
Erica ♋️✨
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Way to short 😭 i need volume 4 now 🏳️‍🌈❤️🙌🏻😍

Reread: I HAVE SO MANY FEELINGS......THAT IS ALL
thi
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I used up 4 of 12 of my borrows from hoopla for this and it was so worth it, those were some of the cutest scenes I’ve ever seen

5/5
Maria ☾ ⋆
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5 ⭐️
I need more!! Review to come!
Ulises Estrada
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, comics
4.5 Stars
First of all, what need do they have to finish the story like this when they still don't give a date of when the continuation will come out?

The story continues to improve, the evolution of the characters begins to notice after these 3 volumes, although there are still many things to be discovered, the tryouts are finally over and it seems that the best is yet to come...
So it is frustrating to want to continue a story that you like, and you only know that it will come out in fall of ne
aarya
Fast, cute read. Didn’t quite scratch the Check, Please! itch. Glad my library has all three volumes available.
Tricia Levenseller
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This just keeps getting better and better. I’m dying for the drama sure to be found in volume 4!
Anniek
I'm loving how much of a slowburn this is, but I also need more asap! There's so much character development already, and I can just tell this will only get better.
jennie
May 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
aiden's stepmom gave me lipstick in my valentino white bag vibes.

lydia
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Wait, what? Is this the end? Is there going to be more? It literally ended with a cliffhanger. Nevertheless, I quite enjoyed it. Not that there is much going on, apart from being gay and fencing. But the artwork is cute and it makes for a pleasant, alas forgettable, read.
Gemma ♕ antari.and.the.books
This continues to be fantastic and I already can't wait for Vol 4!
lauren ♡
i cant believe i just read all 12 issues of this in one sitting!??!?! i love it so much oh my goddd the last issue of this made me SOB. tHE DYNAMICS AND CHARACTERS AND RELATIONSHIPS EVERYTHING IS THE GREATEST AND i nEED MORE

Stella❤️ 孔凡星
I need the novelized version PRONTO!
bee  ˘͈ᵕ˘͈
four stars ∗ i absolutely love this graphic novel series with my whole heart!!!
kat
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
that “so i don’t screw up the best thing in my life” from aiden looking at harvard wtf my heart exploded

• Fence: Striking Distance
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks & Scones
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Check, Please! Book 1: # Hockey
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Bloom
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Mooncakes
  • Boyfriend Material
  • Nick and Charlie
  • Heartstopper: The Mini-Comics
  • The Tea Dragon Tapestry (Tea Dragon, #3)
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Date Me, Bryson Keller
  • Heavy Vinyl, Vol. 1: Riot on the Radio
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 2
  • Pumpkinheads
C.S. Pacat is a Melbourne writer. Her first series the Captive Prince trilogy began its life as an original web serial. Self-published in 2013 to critical and commercial success and acclaim, the Captive Prince trilogy was acquired by Penguin, and will be published worldwide in 2015.

Fence (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Fence #1 (Fence, #1)
  • Fence #8 (Fence, #8)
  • Fence #9 (Fence, #9)
  • Fence #10 (Fence, #10)

Articles featuring this book

Want to encourage young readers to keep up their reading habits? Look no further than this year's buzziest YA and middle-grade graphic...