Start by marking “Fence, Vol. 2 (Fence #5-8)” as Want to Read:
Fence, Vol. 2 (Fence #5-8)

Fence, Vol. 2

(Fence #2)

Combines Issues #5-8.

Nicholas Cox is determined to prove himself in the world of competitive fencing, and earn his place on the Kings Row fencing team, alongside sullen fencing prodigy, Seiji Katayama, to win the right to go up against his golden-boy half-brother.

Tryouts are well underway at King’s Row for a spot on the prodigious fencing team, and scrappy fencer Nicholas
Published January 15th 2019 by BOOM! Box

Melanie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Aleksandra

1.) Vol. 1 ★★★★★

“All I have to do is fence.”

Oh my word, this was such a damn treat. I love these characters and this graphic novel series so very much. Vol. 1 completely stole my heart last year, and Vol. 2 was a wonderful addition. Even though the wait for Vol. 3 to get published is going to maybe be the death of me.

This bind up really focuses on how all of the fencers are still in tryouts, therefore they are being ranked based off their wins verses the other candidates. Harvard and Seiji
Whitney Atkinson
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
this series is so fun and interesting, but it only takes place over 24 hours and there's literally no plot other than the boys fencing one another, so i wish it were a longer, more rounded out character exploration rather than just focusing on who makes the fencing team or not and who wins what match. it's not boring at all, surprisingly, but i think just leaves you wanting a little more.
Claudia Ramírez
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Se lee en una sentada, ¡me gustó este segundo volumen! Especialmente porque ya empezamos a conocer más al resto de los personajes y la mayoría me agrada/intriga.
David Schaafsma
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn-sports, gn-glbt
I continue to like this series, but there were three people who read it today before me in this house. They all liked it a bit better than I did, I think. Everyone whipped through it. I did, too, as it is mainly about the competition. The first volume had a better balance between the personal and the fencing. In the first volume we get to focus on main character outsider Nicholas Cox, who is fighting to make it in a rich kid's private school world. His goal is to be one of the best, but Seiji is ...more
Roobie
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comic-books
4 stars ...more
Tatiana
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, graphic-novels, ya
I still like the hair and all the fencing details, but this comic needs to widen its scope and have some story lines besides fencing tryouts. They all go to a boarding school, surely they attend some classes and have free time?

Also, Pacat needs to start delivering romance-wise. Otherwise the whole two volumes are just nothing more than shameless queerbaiting.
nova ryder ☼
This series is honestly so good and it's quickly becoming one of my favorites. I don't know how I'm supposed to sit around and wait for the next one.

Also, I know I say this all the time, but...
I'm gonna new a TV show adaptation STAT.
chan ☆
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, sequential-art
much more satisfying than the last

this was the second one and was must less introductory than the first. we get more fencing matches as people try out for the team. we get hints at romantic relationships that might develop, we get to see friendships developing.

it was great. i'm already invested. cs pacat can do no wrong, the end.
Gemma ♕ Books_McCoy
Really loved this volume! This is fast becoming one of my favourite graphic novels! I love the building relationships and all the characters have something about them I adore! Cannot wait for Vol 3!
Chelsea
Oct 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great volume!

I love the relationships between Seiji and Nicholas & Aiden and Harvard. Surprisingly, I'm finding Aiden and Harvard's a little more interesting than Seiji and Nicholas'. I hope Aiden finds happiness with Harvard because he genuinely likes Harvard. I hope Harvard finds happiness with Aiden because Aiden made him feel better and they have a tradition of watching old movies together.

Can't wait for the next one!
Surina
Nov 02, 2018 marked it as to-read
I binge-read the entire series in under two hours. That's how good it was.
Thérèse
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
AIDEN AND HARVARD ARE THE SUPERIOR SHIP GOODBYE
Rod Brown
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This volume won me over as the fencing action comes fast and furious during the first part of the tournament to determine who will make the team. I'm still frustrated that the books are way to short to serve the pacing of the story, as the tournament continues into the next volume.

The character interactions and psychological warfare during and around the matches are engaging as hell. Really looking forward to seeing more of this in the future.
Raquel Flockhart
“Mental endurance plays a bigger role than early wins.”

I’m a bit disappointed by this volume. The ending of Fence, Vol. 1 left me wanting to read this second bind up as soon as possible but unfortunately, it didn’t live up to my expectations.

We are back at the Kings Row private school, in a volume focused on the competitions between the boys in order to get one of the three spots for the varsity team. This volume is so focused in those competitions that it barely shows us some interactions be

Rachel (TheShadesofOrange)
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.0 Stars
This was a strong volume that was just as good as the first. I just wish I didn’t have to wait to read the third volume. I would definitely recommend this contemporary drama to graphic novel readers.
Sue
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
this was great 😂
Ashley
Still love this, but seriously it's not enough in this format. Do not start this series until there is more of it, is my advice.
Emma
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
These tryouts will be the death of me! Just tell me who's made it into the fencing team please!
I think that in this volume there was a lot of character development and we had some of Seiji's backstory. I love how the coach talks about him and how she recognizes his unbelievable talent. I really hope Nicolas manages to get through to Seiji and that the two of them can become something more than enemies/roommates.
The friendship between Harvard and Aiden is very sweet and nice, I like them very mu
Melissa Veras
Mar 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
So hooked.
Lance
“All I have to do is fence.”

5 stars. This is everything I love about sports anime in beautiful, beautiful graphic novel form and I am such trash for it. Fence Vol. 2 delivered on everything that I wanted (and expected) from Vol.1: more character development, more plot development, and more that sports anime tropey goodness that I saw a small silver of in the first book. This review will be much shorter than the rest, but know that I love this series with my whole heart.

Firstly, the
Jes Reads
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I had so much fun reading this one! I'm glad I had pre ordered it, because sometimes with comics I tend to forget exactly where I am in a series. I adore the boys from this. I think the characters are phenomenal and interesting. I never thought I would say that I thoroughly enjoy a sports comic, but here we are! I think I'm sensing even more subtle nods to LQBT as well! Highly recommend.
Santy
Wish it was longer
Ashley
Jan 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all my boys sm
Daniel
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbt, graphic-novels
Finally got this in the mail!! Just as good as the first volume... the art is gorgeous and i still have a crush on Nicholas haha. This volume included issues 5-8.

Volume 3 comes out on August 20th. I can hardly wait!!
Kate (Reading Through Infinity)
This volume was just as good as the first one in terms of drama and plot progression. There was more character development, and an unexpected twist in one of Seiji's fights. I just love Nicolas, too, he's so hard-headed and oblivious at times, but also incredibly likable and I will protect him.
theresa 🌸🥑
Mar 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
loveloveLOVElove this with all my heart 🖤
Elizabeth A
Mar 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, graphix, kids-ya
You can read my review of the first three volumes of this comic series here:
Kristalia
Sep 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Final Rating: 4.5/5

So damn good. Do you know why? Because I don't know either, it just is THAT GOOD!

►►► STORY & CHARACTERS:

Things are heating up, the stress is eating them alive, and our boys definitely don't get to take a break and just fence all the way.

Meanwhile, the newest match is between Aiden and Seiji, with unexpected results. Not only that, but Nicholas, who was feeling down because of his recent loss, is back in action and ready to roll. Hopefully with at least scoring one point.
MadameMelli
Band 2 hat ein kleines bisschen an Drive verloren, ich kann nicht hundertprozentig definieren, woran das liegt.

Das zweite Volume konzentriert sich auf den Wettbewerb um die Aufnahme ins Team. Jeder der jungen Männer hat einen amderen Grund, um ins Team zu kommen und auch hier mag ich die Vielfalt extrem. Charaktere, die im ersten Band eingeführt wurden, bekommen mehr Hintergrundgeschichte und werden noch greifbarer. Und das Thema Fechten ist für mich sowieso spannend, ich lerne in jedem Band noc
Bexnbookx
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Want to see me talk about books? Check out my Youtube Channel: Bexnbookx

Fence, Volume 2 was yet again another graphic novel that I binged, with amazing art and characters that keep you gripped to the story, this series can only get better!

Fence follows Nicholas Cox, who is determined to prove himself in the world of Fencing. Growing up as the illegitimate son of a retired fencing champion, he wants to prove himself in the Fencing world and earn his place alongside the legends. Tryouts for King's

• Goldie Vance Vol. 4
  • Heavy Vinyl, Vol. 1
  • Husbands
  • Un océan d'amour
  • Skyward, Vol. 1: My Low-G Life
  • The Sword of Mali Mani (Bird Boy, #1)
  • Gladstone's School for World Conquerors
  • The Less Than Epic Adventures of TJ and Amal, Vol. 3: Ten Days of Perfect Tunes
  • The Shoebox Project
  • Princeless Short Stories Volume 1
  • Breath of Bones: A Tale of the Golem
  • Malinky Robot: Collected Stories and Other Bits
C.S. Pacat is a Melbourne writer. Her first series the Captive Prince trilogy began its life as an original web serial. Self-published in 2013 to critical and commercial success and acclaim, the Captive Prince trilogy was acquired by Penguin, and will be published worldwide in 2015.

Fence (3 books)
  • Fence, Volume 1 (Fence #1-4)
  • Fence, Vol. 3 (Fence #9-12)