Start by marking “Fence, Vol. 2” as Want to Read:
Fence, Vol. 2

Fence, Vol. 2

(Fence #5-8)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  9,332 ratings  ·  1,305 reviews
Борьба за заветные места в сборной «Кингз Роу» продолжается, но Николас сомневается в успехе: ожесточенная конкуренция, недружелюбные старшекурсники и неуязвимый сосед по комнате, угрюмый Сэйдзи Катаяма, почти не оставляют ему шансов на победу. Чтобы выдержать такое испытание, Николасу придется преодолеть все свои потаенные страхи.
Published January 15th 2019 by BOOM! Box (first published July 18th 2018)

·  9,332 ratings  ·  1,305 reviews

Start your review of Fence, Vol. 2
Melanie
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Aleksandra

1.) Vol. 1 ★★★★★

“All I have to do is fence.”

Oh my word, this was such a damn treat. I love these characters and this graphic novel series so very much. Vol. 1 completely stole my heart last year, and Vol. 2 was a wonderful addition. Even though the wait for Vol. 3 to get published is going to maybe be the death of me.

This bind up really focuses on how all of the fencers are still in tryouts, therefore they are being ranked based off their wins verses the other candidates. Harvard an
Whitney Atkinson
May 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
this series is so fun and interesting, but it only takes place over 24 hours and there's literally no plot other than the boys fencing one another, so i wish it were a longer, more rounded out character exploration rather than just focusing on who makes the fencing team or not and who wins what match. it's not boring at all, surprisingly, but i think just leaves you wanting a little more. ...more
Mary S. R.
Nov 14, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: YA LGBT+ contemporary & humour
(4.5 ★’s)

This was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!
Yes, that is an actual word, not just gibberish.
And yes, I can totally pronounce it without a hitch.

Now reasons why this was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious:

Aiden Kane KING, the genius playboy: If you thought I’m starting my list with anything other than incessant gushing over my adorable master manipulator (of which my review of Fence #5 provides plenty) then you do not know me, uh uh. Let’s just say this privileged dude beca
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Jun 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: queer
SO GREAT.
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
I just want to wrap all of these characters in a warm blanket and watch tv and eat garbage food all day.
Reading_ Tam_ Ishly
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can someone adapt this into a TV series already?!
Dave Schaafsma
Feb 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gn-sports, gn-glbt
I continue to like this series, but there were three people who read it today before me in this house. They all liked it a bit better than I did, I think. Everyone whipped through it. I did, too, as it is mainly about the competition. The first volume had a better balance between the personal and the fencing. In the first volume we get to focus on main character outsider Nicholas Cox, who is fighting to make it in a rich kid's private school world. His goal is to be one of the best, but Seiji is ...more
— nova
I know I say this all the time, but...
I'm gonna need a TV show adaptation STAT.
Larry H
Apr 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
More fencing, more drama, more suspense!

We return to Kings Row and the tryouts for the fencing team. Ever since he surprised everyone by showing up at this school rather than someplace more prestigious, everyone is expecting Seiji Katayama to make the team. But who else will join him?

Nicholas has wanted to do nothing but fence for as long as he can remember. But can his skills overcome his lack of training and technique? Will his desire to make Seiji respect him cause more friction with his sull
Tatiana
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2019, ya
I still like the hair and all the fencing details, but this comic needs to widen its scope and have some story lines besides fencing tryouts. They all go to a boarding school, surely they attend some classes and have free time?

Also, Pacat needs to start delivering romance-wise. Otherwise the whole two volumes are just nothing more than shameless queerbaiting.
chan ☆
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
much more satisfying than the last

this was the second one and was must less introductory than the first. we get more fencing matches as people try out for the team. we get hints at romantic relationships that might develop, we get to see friendships developing.

it was great. i'm already invested. cs pacat can do no wrong, the end.
Zack Jay
Jul 25, 2020 rated it really liked it
this is my temporary getaway from my projects that are mounting up in the corner 💀
Isabella
Aug 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
the only flaw I found in this comic book was that it was so. short. I NEED VOL. 3 NOW!!

I'm also getting lgbtq+ vibes and I am so here for it
oliver
Jul 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
i think i can officially say that sports-and-gays is my favorite genre,,,
Gemma ♕ antari.and.the.books
Really loved this volume! This is fast becoming one of my favourite graphic novels! I love the building relationships and all the characters have something about them I adore! Cannot wait for Vol 3!
Erica ♋️✨📖
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One word: perfection ❤️
˗ˏˋliaˎˊ˗
Nov 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
“his talent is isolating. it sets him apart. it probably has his whole life.”

helppp, i’ve fallen deep for these characters and i can’t get up. how is it humanly possible to fall head over heels for this graphic novel series so incredibly quickly? even the ones i didn’t like so much in the first volume are starting to grow on me, like aiden. i absolutely adore his friendship with harvard! they’re always supportive of each other when in need and it’s the cutest thing ever.

also, this series is so
♡ jules ♡
me: sees character
me: MY TEENY CHILD BABY WHO NEEDS PROTECTION
character: broody and rude
character: could murder me if i'd touch them
character: being seiji katayama
me: MY TINY CHILD!!!!!
Lena
Jun 11, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020, comic, lgbt
4 🌟

All of them are so freaking perfect!
Christian
Aug 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: released-2019
I like where this is going, and I hope we get more direct character interaction soon!
Lauren Lanz
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
*After reviewing the wrong edition for the 8000th time, here we are again ;)*

Who knew a graphic novel could give me so much curiosity about a sport? Fencing seems really intriguing now that I'm reading about it.

I'm eager for the next few matchups (Harvard vs Aidan!)
The only question in my mind is whether or not Seiji and Nicholas will be subject to the enemies-to-lovers trope >.>
bee  ❤︎
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
reread in april 2021; four stars! ❀

four stars ∗ idk what it is about this graphic novel series that makes me love it so much but dang, i really love reading these! i’m so hyped for the third volume to come out!
Arunimaa
Why didn't I know about these books before? What have I been doing for the past two years jeez.

*4.5 stars*
Calista
I am loving this fencing competition with a seemingly all gay cast. I'm waiting for Nicholas and Seiji to realize they like each other. The problem with this story was how quickly and fast it was over. They only put 4 issues in this volume and it's not enough. This should come out at a quicker pace. We are still just trying to get through the tournament and we don't even know who is on the team yet. I mean this is moving slow and that's ok, because it's so good.

I am enjoying the subject of fenci
ty!
Jun 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was really good. I enjoyed this one much more than the first one and it didn't seem like just a bunch of fencing scenes. We got some good character building and relationship building between the characters in this one. Something that confuses me if there are any girls on this team? I thought Bobby and Kally were both girls because Bobby wore a school administered outfit with a skirt instead of pants and I thought Kally was a girl. But I have no idea since there was he/him pronouns used for ...more
Thérèse
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
updated review 09/29/2020: aiden and harvard remain superior <3

AIDEN AND HARVARD ARE THE SUPERIOR SHIP GOODBYE
Roaringwave
this was so amazing.
Chelsea &#x1f3f3;️‍&#x1f308;
Another great volume!

I love the relationships between Seiji and Nicholas & Aiden and Harvard. Surprisingly, I'm finding Aiden and Harvard's a little more interesting than Seiji and Nicholas'. I hope Aiden finds happiness with Harvard because he genuinely likes Harvard. I hope Harvard finds happiness with Aiden because Aiden made him feel better and they have a tradition of watching old movies together.

Can't wait for the next one!
Tricia Levenseller
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: graphic-novels
This is the first true YA graphic novel I’ve read. It’s simply the best thing ever. Amazing character relationships and humor and top notch storytelling. I can’t stand sports movies, so I’m helpless to explain why I love this so much. Volume 2 is just as fantastic as the first one was. Cannot wait for number 3 to release next month!
Rod Brown
Feb 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This volume won me over as the fencing action comes fast and furious during the first part of the tournament to determine who will make the team. I'm still frustrated that the books are way to short to serve the pacing of the story, as the tournament continues into the next volume.

The character interactions and psychological warfare during and around the matches are engaging as hell. Really looking forward to seeing more of this in the future.

• Fence: Striking Distance
  • Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks & Scones
  • Heartstopper: Volume Two (Heartstopper, #2)
  • Heartstopper: Volume Three (Heartstopper, #3)
  • Check, Please! Book 1: #Hockey
  • Heartstopper: Volume One (Heartstopper, #1)
  • Bloom
  • Heartstopper: The Mini-Comics
  • Nick and Charlie
  • Heavy Vinyl, Vol. 1: Riot on the Radio
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Fangirl, Vol. 1: The Manga
  • The Avant-Guards, Vol. 1
  • Boyfriend Material
  • Mooncakes
  • The Prince and the Dressmaker
  • The King's Men (All for the Game, #3)
  • The Raven King (All for the Game, #2)
C.S. Pacat is a Melbourne writer. Her first series the Captive Prince trilogy began its life as an original web serial. Self-published in 2013 to critical and commercial success and acclaim, the Captive Prince trilogy was acquired by Penguin, and will be published worldwide in 2015.

Fence (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Fence #1 (Fence, #1)