Start by marking “A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities” as Want to Read:
A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities

A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities

In this quick and easy guide to queer and trans identities, cartoonists Mady G and JR Zuckerberg guide you through the basics of the LGBT+ world! Covering essential topics like sexuality, gender identity, coming out, and navigating relationships, this guide explains the spectrum of human experience through informative comics, interviews, worksheets, and imaginative example ...more
Published April 23rd 2019 by Limerence Press

To ask other readers questions about A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities, please sign up.
Caroline I don't think this is necessarily a sequel, and they are written by different authors, but they do go hand in hand nicely!

Start your review of A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities
Chloe
This is a must read! It was super educational, cute and inspiring. Love love loved it.
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Nov 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: queer
This was delightful! Exactly what it seems and hecka cute to boot.
Bruna Miranda
The title says it all! It actually IS a quick and easy guide to all identities, sexual orientations, romantic orientations and all things queer. If anyone ever says "this book is not for me because I am [insert anything here]", they are lying because this reflects on how having their identity acknowledged and valued is about EVERYONE.
This book is part of the road to become a better human by having empathy and respecting others, just like that. The writing is very simple and easy to follow so I t
MissBecka
"The world is home to such a vibrant rainbow of people, so why not genders."

This is filled with wonderful, informative and easy to digest information.
I did think it was geared more to teens/adults and younger people may need help reading and understanding all the details discussed. That's not necessarily a bad thing since it would hopefully spark conversation/questions.
They really touched on a bit of everything, including signs of toxic relationships. This is something I think all people should
Divine Anas
Dec 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: EVERY ONE
Edit: 12/18/18
So, Miss Pihilippines was crowned Miss Universe 2018 and we Filipinos are quite proud of her! But there is also a lot of transmisogyny (pertaining to Ms. Spain , Angela Ponce who is a transwoman) spreading especially in my OWN country because most of them failed to acknowledge that trans women ARE INDEED women as well. And I realized that this graphic novel that I read on 12/06/18 holds more relevance now that transphobia is leeching its toxic fumes in social media.

An online artic
Alex
I received an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Isn’t that cover amazing and beautiful? Yes, it is!

This graphic novel, as the title says, is all about explaining queer identity. It sort of focuses on transgender and nonbinary people, but it has more general sections on gender identity vs romantic/sexual orientation, a section on coming out, discussions of self-love, and even a section on red flags in relationships.

I didn’t expect to learn anything new from this booklet, and
This is a story, told by a snail, to explain, in simple terms, queerness and transexuality.

But, I think the most important part of this whole story is this statement the snail makes.

Every person is worthwhile and valuable in their own way and if you are able to make some sort of peace with yourself while on your transitional journey that will definitely ease the burden.

aevery person is wrothwhiel and avaluable in their own way and if youa re able to make some sort of peace with yourself while on your transitional journey that will defently ease the burden.

Because, that is what it is all about. Really. We are all worthwhile, in our own ways, and we just are trying to make peace with
Anya
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a cute way to get information to people! I loved learning more about the LGBTQ+ community:)
Rod Brown
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it
I found this very worthwhile and educational. It was good to reinforce the things I already know, and I found out about other things of which I was ignorant and still need to wrap my mind around, particularly the spectrum of asexuality and the role of libido. ("Plenty of asexual people still masturbate or even have sex with their partners.)

The cartoonish art, snail narrator (snails are hermaphrodites), and color scheme were off-putting at first, but I grew to appreciate the lightness they brough
Steff Pasciuti
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: important, 2018, arcs, ya
| Reader Fox Blog |

A Quick & Easy Guide to Queer & Trans Identities by Mady G is a rather clever way to educate those who may be unsure about where they fit themselves in terms of how they feel as well as to educate those around the people of the LGBTQ community. Using snails and a varying array of illustrations from people to a fun little creature called a sproutling to take readers along on a journey to discover more about the people with these identities, this book is chalk full of fun a
Basma
Such a vibrant book! The art style and color template is beautiful.

The book does exactly as it says on the title. It's an easy guide to understand all the different identities, the difference between gender/sexuality, relationships, the journey and the community. It's told from the perspective of a very chipper snail. The tone of the book is very optimistic and educational. It's simple, straightforward and informative. I can definitely see how important this book can be in the right hands and ho
Kelli
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is posted on both my personal account and the account for Crossroads Public Library.

There are a lot of resources available to learn about queer and trans identities, but a) the sheer amount of them can be overwhelming and b) they tend to focus on a specific aspect (sexuality, gender theory, etc.). If you're just starting out in educating yourself, this is an excellent resource. Incredibly informative for such a little book.
Villain E
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This sets out to be educational (and succeeds) but by the end, it feels more like a self-help book. I don't read a lot of self-help books, but everything is better in comics format. This resonated with me on a lot of levels.
Tegan
An informative look at queer & trans identities, spectacularly told in graphic novel format. Read for semester 1 packet 1 at VCFA. ...more
Claire
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was ok
I'm a lover of all things queer (surprise I'm also queer), and tbh I'm really shocked I didn't like this book. And I really loved the first in this series about They/Them pronouns! But not this.

I'll start out by saying: when I see "queer & trans identities", I am thinking of content about transgender and genderqueer, non-binary, & gender nonconforming folks. That's what I thought this book would be about walking into reading it.

I think this is a case of the author not knowing what their focus s
Bee
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a book I wish I could've handed to a younger version of myself. In this beautifully illustrated graphic novel queer identities of all varieties are explored by our narrator, a snail. It is clear that this book was made to be accessible to younger readers, but I would recommend it to anyone looking to learn more about identities beyond their own, those trying to figure out what identity suits them, and allies trying to educate themselves.

Other reviewers have critiqued the fact that a book
Maia
Jun 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
First read of Pride month! This is a great read for anyone who would like to know more about the LGBTQIA+ community. Super cute illustrations and fun colors!
Isabel
Mar 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everyone, no matter their age, should read this little guide. The way everything is explained is very clear and colorful. It covers everything from sexuality to gender identity and what it means to come out and advice on how to do it safely; self-care, self-love, and relationships.
I definitely appreciated how they discussed the red flags in a relationship, how you should try to remove yourself from that situation and to take responsibility if you are the one promoting those toxic actions. It als
McKinlay Dennis
*I received this from netgalley and the publisher, this does not affect my review.*

Honestly, I like to consider myself pretty knowledgable about the LGBTQ+ communities but this still taught me a lot. Nonbinary folks are definitely the area I knew the least about and now I feel like I know more. I also learned a lot about Asexuality! Highly recommend this if you're curious to know more about the queer community. I also think this should be in every library and classroom!
Chelsey
I do think that there's a lot of good in this, but I also have some problems with it. Mostly, I hated the art and the frankly lurid color scheme. It felt really young to me. I also sometimes felt slightly confused, which is ok in the sense that identity itself is very confusing and also overwhelming. Actually, overwhelmed is a good word for how my eyes felt after reading this. Anyway, identity is such an important topic, and I wanted to like this, but...
Madalyn (Novel Ink)
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, informative, and exactly as described!
Mar 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Real good info. A fun walkthrough of the myriad of life experiences and how to start thinking of handling that. Only complaint is it is subtly binary at times.
Holly
Oct 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at ragdollreads.co.uk

The book I wish I’d had a decade ago.

TL;DR – A cute, fun tour through the world of queerness

Ragdoll Rating: 5/5 Buttons

Recommended For: Everyone. Especially anybody questions or recently out.

About the Book…

This book is very brief, but very informative tour through the world of identities, labels and relationships. The comics focus on the wisdom of a snail, who teaches a bunch of snail buddies about all the beautiful humans.

The book is broken into sections,
Dora  (Swift Coffee Book Blog)
I was very interested in this book, because I have to admit that I lack some information on the subject. I'd like to be, and I'm far from bigoted (so is most of my closer environment), but the LGBTQ+ community here is way more closed up here than in e.g. the U.S. I know there are people that make their life harder everywhere in the world, but here it's very much a taboo. Mostly people simply don't talk about it at all. Sure, gay, lesbian, trans are all part of the everyday language people use, a ...more
Suzanne
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In one sentence: This book should be in every library, school, and Human Resources office. If you care about creating an inclusive space for your students, employees, and/or customers but don't know where to start with understanding all of the terms and definitions used by the queer community, this is the book for you. It is exactly what it says on the cover.

As with the last title in this series, A Quick and Easy Guide to They/Them Pronouns, this graphic novel is approachable, funny, and educati
Lara Lillibridge
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: lgbtqa-spawn
What I loved:
This is a quick and easy primer that would be perfect for teens and adults. I don't think any of the material is presented in an inappropriate way for younger audiences, but the vocabulary might be a little tough for younger readers, e.g. words like narcissism might not be readily understandable to middle grade readers. The drawings are delightful and don't distract. The book has a positive message of loving yourself and extra stars for discussing healthy relationships and signs of
Shelby
Aug 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book should be in every single school in the world and I won’t ever stop talking about it. Go read it. Its so easy to understand and quick to read but PACKED with great information. ❤️❤️❤️
Shannon Wyss
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
A great, simple, easy-to-understand, but still nuanced introduction to (surprise!) queer and trans identities. The drawings are well done and the story is mostly easy to follow. There are a ton of good points here that would likely be helpful to anyone new to the community, and the book is probably equally accessible to middle schoolers and middle agers. Also, i loved the inclusion of non-binary identities and, especially, the section on asexuality. Ace/aro folks are so often completely ignored; ...more
Michaela (Journey into Books)
May 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, graphic-novel
*I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with an eARC in exchange for an honest review*

This is a cute and informative graphic novel that not only talks about gender and sexuality but also toxic relationships. It does this in a respectful manner and in way that is easy to follow and understand. This is a book I feel that everyone should read in order for us all to be more empathetic and understanding of others and their identities.

I gave this four out of five stars.
Wilma (LifeGoofer)
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ THIS! (also super cute and lovely colors)
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Combine Books 2 11 Jul 28, 2019 07:31AM

• A Quick & Easy Guide to They/Them Pronouns
  • A Quick & Easy Guide to Sex & Disability
  • Gender Queer
  • The Deep & Dark Blue
  • Pilu of the Woods
  • Grease Bats
  • The Midwinter Witch (The Witch Boy, #3)
  • Snapdragon
  • The Tea Dragon Festival (Tea Dragon, #2)
  • Mooncakes
  • Wait, What?: A Comic Book Guide to Relationships, Bodies, and Growing Up
  • You Brought Me the Ocean
  • Are You Listening?

News & Interviews

“No matter the outcome or whatever decision you make, you will grow and blossom into who you’re meant to be and that’s an amazing thing. Try new things, take some chances. You might be surprised at what you discover and what feels ‘right.” 1 likes