Start by marking “Revenge of the EngiNerds” as Want to Read:
Revenge of the EngiNerds

Revenge of the EngiNerds

(EngiNerds #2)

Ken and his EngiNerds crew return in a new, nutty and nerdy adventure that’s the perfect follow-up to EngiNerds.

When last we met, the EngiNerds were battling a horde of ravenous robots, but in this latest caper, they’re on the hunt for just one rogue robot. But who knows what kind of mayhem one mechanical creature can cause? And why is Ken the only EngiNerd who’s worried a
Published February 19th 2019 by Aladdin

To ask other readers questions about Revenge of the EngiNerds, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Revenge of the EngiNerds

Ms. Yingling
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
E ARC from Netgalley

Farting, voracious robots can cause a lot of damage, as Ken learned in EngiNerds. After taking care of most of them, Robot 18 is still on the loose, and Ken believes he is responsible for the satellites falling from the sky and a number of grocery store break ins. His friends John Henry, Jerry, and Edsley are not as convinced, and are less than motivated to help him locate the robot. In fact, they are so enthralled with alien-obsessed Mikaela and her gadgets that none of them
Andrea Doyon
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-books
This fantastic follow-up to Jarrett Lerner's "EngiNerds" tells the story of a group of middle school boys whose intellect and geekdom have banded them together. At the end of the first book, we were left hanging, wondering where the last rogue, food-farting robot had wandered off. Now, it's been days since anyone has seen him. The EngiNerds group is divided: do they continue looking, or assume he's gone forever? They become even more divided when a new interloper begins invading their lunchtime ...more
Lorie Barber
Many thanks to the author for an advanced copy of this book, which I am sharing with my reading group.

I enjoyed the first book in the series, and was very much looking forward to its sequel, Revenge of the EngiNerds. I was not disappointed. In fact, I liked it better than the first for several reasons.

One, Ken’s emotional arc was interesting and surprising to read. Grappling with jealousy and feeling left out are very typical feelings for middle-grade readers, and I liked that I got to know Ke
Kathy Iwanicki
Feb 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book! I have been hearing of this series on social media, but had yet to read one! My students in grade 3 would love this book. I will definitely be buying both books in the series for my library when funds become available. I am also thinking they would love it as a read aloud! Thank you #netgalley for the ARC.
Kathie
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
A huge thank you to the author for sending me a copy of his Feb 2019 release, REVENGE OF THE ENGINERDS.

In this sequel to ENGINERDS, Ken and his buddies are trying to track down a runaway robot, but new disturbance in the nerd force (named Mikaela) is causing friction. Ken struggles with feeling on the outside of the nerds as they band together to focus on a different problem, but can they all find a way to come together before disaster strikes?
I thoroughly enjoyed this story, and appreciate its
KidlitUnderground
Feb 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thanks Kidlit Exchange and Simon Kids for the Advance Review Copy. All opinions are my own, but I have extremely sophisticated taste in books, so you want to listen to me.

There’s a snarky butt-blasting robot on the loose who could fart someone to smithereens and probably get its creators grounded forever. Don’t you just hate when that happens?

Worse, main character Ken and his friends, the Enginerds, are to blame. Enginerd Dan built Robot Number Eighteen, and Ken’s best friend Mike Edsley (the st
Jo-ann Walsh
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
@kidlitexchange #partner
Thank you @kidlitexchange and Jarrett Lerner for the review copy of this book. All opinions are my own. Revenge of the Enginerds releases on February 19, 2019 by Simon kids.
Ken, Edsley, Dan and the other Enginerds are back and are trying to locate the last of the robots that Dan created. So far, none of their plans to find the robot have been successful. Meanwhile a girl, Mikaela, has intruded upon the Enginerds, bringing her suitcase full of gadgets and theories of alien
Kristin Crouch
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the author for sharing an ARC with #collabookation.
Revenge of the Enginerds picks up right where Enginerds left off - and, as is the case with any great sequel, you can start with Revenge and be just fine. But why would you not read Enginerds first?
Revenge of the Enginerds finds Ken and his pack of nerdy friends tracking down the last farting robot they accidentally-on-purpose set free in their town.
But Ken suddenly notices that he is on the outs. The rest of his crew just isn't
Susan
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Revenge of the Enginerds #revengeoftheenginerds

By Jarrett Lerner @jarrettlerner

Published by SimonandSchuster.com/kids @simonkids

The Enginerds are back! I loved meeting this group of middle school boys, who have been friends since kindergarten, who share a love of science and inventions and who agreed they should absolutely NEVER eat lunch in the cafeteria in Enginerds. In that book, they sent the 18 robots they invented out into the world, with disastrous results. Luckily, they captured 17 of th
Jen
Dec 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: mg-fiction
This is the sequel to the aptly titled: Enginerds. Shocking, I know. The kids in the first story defeated all but one robot, and in this book, most of them are unconcerned with the remaining bot, except Ken, who is mystified at their disinterest. I liked that the nerds are all about including Mikaela Harrington ( a girl!) and the side plot of Ken being a little jealous. I think that’s typical at this age as friend groups start morphing into smaller side groups.

It’s a great read-aloud for a famil
Shari
Dec 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been eagerly anticipating this sequel, and it was even better than expected! Ken and the Enginerds are back, still trying to find the last rogue robot, and also dealing with an even bigger mystery - a girl! Mikaela is a gadget-toting, UFO-chasing distraction that threatens all of Ken’s plans. Will Ken and the others find the missing robot before its powerful farts destroy the town, and will their friendships survive this adventure? Read to find out, and be prepared for another cliffhanger!
I
Jan Gangsei
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A farting robot on the loose... what could possibly go wrong? As it turns out, a lot! In this follow-up to the hilarious EngiNerds, our favorite nerd heroes are back, and Robot 18 (now going by "Klaus") is still out there... somewhere, undoubtedly wreaking havoc. Only problem is, the nerd gang (except for Ken) is more interested in the new girl -- gadget-loving, alien obsessed and EngiNerd hopeful Mikaela -- than in tracking down the runaway robot. Suddenly, Ken finds himself on the outside.

This
Katie Reilley
Oct 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to author Jarrett Lerner for offering our #bookexpedition reading group a chance to read an ARC of this sequel.

Revenge of the EngiNerds picks up right where EngiNerds ended. There’s a rogue robot on the loose, but Ken’s the only nerd who seems really concerned. The others Nerds are too busy hanging out with Mikaela Harrington, the UFO obsessed new girl who’s got the coolest gadgets & gizmos to share!

I loved getting into Ken’s head in this sequel. He’s very much feeling jealous to
Niki
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Note: I received an ARC via the author and a book sharing group, Book Portage, in exchange for my honest review. The book is now available for purchase.

Revenge of the EngiNerds is the entertaining sequel to Jarrett Lerner's EngiNerds, which concluded with one rogue farting robot MIA. The EngiNerds should be looking for said robot, but only Ken and Edsley seem to be concerned about its whereabouts while the rest of the EngiNerds are distracted by Mikaela, her gadgets, and her talk of aliens.

The
Laura Gardner
Dec 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thanks to author @jarrettlerner for sharing REVENGE OF THE ENGINERDS with my family and #kidlitexchange!

My 7 year old and I both thoroughly enjoyed the raucously funny sequel to ENGINERDS by author #JarrettLerner. Combine butt-blasting, troublemaking robots with crazy weather and...aliens and things are bound to get interesting. .

With non-stop action, quick chapters and the occasional funny illustration, this is a great book to give to reluctant readers. It’s also a good book for regular re
Wendy MacKnight
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-reads
What a wonderful sequel! I loved Revenge of the EngiNerds so much! Ken and his friends are back, and they still have a mess to clean up. One of the robots is still at large, and if they can't disable it, well, who knows what will happen. Ken needs all the EngiNerds to rally, but they seem distracted by a - wait for it - girl. And she's convinced aliens are attacking the town. As Ken competes with Mikaela for supremacy, things are going from bad to worse. Can they come together to defeat the evil ...more
Shana
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
If Goosebumps merged with Frank Einstein, you might get something like Revenge of the EngiNerds. To me, this story read like a Goosebumps book, fun relationships between young boys that go on an adventure and come across a monster, I mean a young girl who is smart, and try to capture the last remaining monster from the previous story. Such a cliff-hanger at the end? Robots, girls and aliens!?!? Will they capture the robot? It’s all up in the air!

Read with a pre-release from NetGalley
Paula
The Enginerds are back in this sequel by talented author/illustrator Jarrett Lerner. Ken and his buddies are trying to track down the last remaining rogue robot when new nerd joins the group. Mikaela is trying to convince the group she’s seen a UFO. With his impeccable sense of humor Jarrett brings us along for another hilarious adventure! Middle graders are going to love it, and watch out for the ending!
Melody Riggs
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm not normally a sequel person, but I actually liked this one a little better than the first. I totally get that the intended audience for this book (and the first one) will enjoy the fact that the robots shoot compacted food cubes out of their rear-ends, but I liked that this book had more character relationship development, good friendship lessons, and introduced a girl to the series. It also left things wide open for another book.
Lisa Schmid
Mar 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: novel19s
I loved EngiNerds, so my expectations were running high when I ordered Revenge of The EngiNerds. I am happy to report that Jarrett Lerner does not disappoint. The story is jam-packed full of humor that had me laughing out loud. I mean seriously, who doesn't love a farting robot. I also appreciated Ken's struggles with his friends. As the mother of an 11-year-old boy, it felt very authentic. I think kids will relate. Revenge of The EngiNerds should be in the hands of every middle grade reader!
Serenity
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley, read-2019
*I received a free eARC of this book from the publisher through NetGalley*

I am a little late in finishing this, but I enjoyed the read. It's funny and silly, as you might expect, but there are also some really thoughtful themes of friendship and overcoming prejudice. I will definitely be adding this to my collection, although the cliffhanger ending may leave some readers frustrated.
Chance Barber
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Erin Varley
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yes! The Enginerds are back for more, only this time things get complicated when Mikaela starts hanging around. Plus, they have a robot to find. I loved that Ken’s emotional journey is explored in this one. A major classroom hit for sure!! Love this lean MG story and have already preordered!
Wendy Garland
Feb 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
This sequel is every bit as captivating as the first installment. Adding a new alien-obsessed character to the appealing mix of farting robots and EngiNerds takes this book to a new level of interest and readability for readers. The most reluctant reader will not be able to put this down!
Julie Kirchner
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: middle-grade
Fun follow up to the first book that leaves the reader ready for book three. Hilarious story that my students will truly enjoy.
Scott
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fun, funny, exciting, perilous adventure with a lot of heart as Ken causes the world he knows to fall apart and has to fix everything. Can't wait for #3!
Heidi
Jun 21, 2018
T.J. Burns
I received a copy of this book from Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Farrah