Start by marking “Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)” as Want to Read:
Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)

Gimme Some Sugar

(Southern Eclectic #3)

A young widow returns to Lake Sackett, Georgia to face the ghosts of her past—and decide if she’s ready to take another chance on love—in the third sparkling Southern Eclectic novel that “goes down as easy as honey on a deep-fried Twinkie” (Library Journal, on Sweet Tea and Sympathy).

Lucy Bowman would never have guessed that her best friend, Duffy McCready (of McCready’s
Published April 2nd 2019 by Gallery Books

To ask other readers questions about Gimme Some Sugar, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Gimme Some Sugar

Start your review of Gimme Some Sugar (Southern Eclectic, #3)
Debra
Aug 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Grab a glass of sweet tea and pull up a seat and dig into some Southern Charm, humor, and romance the Molly Harper way. Lucy Brewer and her young son have returned to Lake Sackett, Georgia after the death of her husband. She has plans to start over and open her own pastry shop and to rekindle some old friendships from her high school days. She should be devastated over the death of her husband, but they had fallen out of love long ago and were living an unhappy life together. Seeing Duffy again ...more
Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader
Apr 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve used this term before- sometimes we need book comfort food, and Gimme Some Sugar and the Southern Eclectic series from Molly Harper are all just that, comfort. 🍰 🍰 🍰 🍰

Lucy Brewer is a young widow when she returns to Lake Sackett, Georgia. Her best friend, Duffy, has been in love with her for a lifetime, and she has had no idea. Duffy watched as Lucy married Wayne, and he’s there when Lucy needs to pick up the pieces after Wayne’s death.

Lucy feels guilty her life is better, simpler even,
Jilly
May 05, 2019 rated it liked it
A cute little romance set in the South. I like the Southernness of it all, like the little sayings:

"She was ten pounds of mean in a five pound package."

"She was worn thinner than a flour-sack dress."

Along with a lot of sweet tea, barbecue, church ladies, beer-drinking men fixing cars and going fishing, and trucks. Lots of trucks.

They are just so damn useful!
(And, yes, my sons and their friends totally drove around in "Redneck Swimming Pools" when they were teenagers.)

The romance was fine, and t
Debbie Oliphant
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
HILARIOUS!!!!

I love this series. The characters are so perfect and unique for this eclectic southern family. While you can read this book independently, it is encouraged that you read all the books of the series to get a flavor of this fun and crazy family.

Lucy moves back home after her husband suddenly dies. She is going to raise her son in the quiet town and open a bakery. She is met with push-back by her in-laws and soon learns why. She is suppressing her own feelings of scorn, disrespect and
Cortney LaScola - The Bookworm Myrtle Beach
Super cute and funny... absolutely love all these characters
Kate Olson
(free review copy) YUM! The entire Southern Eclectic series is just so much fun, but this one (book 3) is my absolute favorite! Quirky as always, a bit steamy at times and there’s a BAKERY - I’m a sucker for a bakery story so I fell hard for this one. I just loved how there wasn’t a ton of angst and drama because the characters actually TALKED to each other! It was fun revisiting the couples and family members from the previous books and I can’t wait to see who Harper pairs up next.

If you’re new
Ian
After being widowed Lucy returns to Lake Sackett, GA to raise her young child. All she wants is to open her bakery and make enough money to provide for her family. Unfortunately her departed husband's family have their own ideas about what makes a good mother.

Duffy has loved Lucy since childhood, but she went and married someone else and then moved to Texas. Now she is back and he might have another chance at love. He just needs to stop his ex-wife from interfering and convince Lucy he's worth
Stephanie
Molly Harper always knows how to deliver with her Southern Eclectic series and book three, Gimme Some Sugar, is as scrumptious as the delicious looking cover!

In this book, Duffy McCready gets his own story, which I was glad to see because he's a sweetie! He's the quintessential nice, southern guy--much too nice for his crazy ex-wife, Lana, who I have thoroughly disliked since book one, Sweet Tea and Sympathy! He's been through enough thanks to Lana, and maybe now is the time he can find someone
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
So entertaining! I just love her writing! Humorous and joyful
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love this quirky series. This is the third story in this series I have been able to read and every time I see her name on the cover I just know that I’m in for a real treat. Gimme Some Sugar is a perfect example.

We’ve met Duffy in past books and now it’s his turn to realize what true love is. With his high school “best friend“ back in town, maybe it’s his turn for a happy ending.

This story is loaded with
Stacee

I had read a couple of the other books in this series and was pretty much on board with whoever got a story next.

I loved Lucy and Duffy. They’re both such good people, they have a childhood history, and they’ve both been in love with the other since forever. Sam was adorable and stole every scene he was in. Of course the family appearances were fantastic. I loved seeing Frankie and Eric and I think I missed a book, but I need to go back and read it.

Plot wise, it was sweet. It did get re
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Mar 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
Lucy Brewer is a young woman who returns home to Lake Sackett, Georgia after the death of her husband. She has decided to raise her young son in her hometown and transform the local meat shop into a bakery. Her best friend since childhood, Duffy McCready, is now divorced from his harpy of a wife. But what Lucy doesn't know if Duffy has been secretly in love with her for years... Could this return mean a second chance for Lucy?

READ THE REST OF THE REVIEW OVER AT FRESH FICTION!
Jeri
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: e-books, netgalley
Come on back to Lake Sackett, Georgia for some more small town hospitality. Lucy has moved back to her hometown after her husband died suddenly leaving her a widow with a small son to raise alone. She grew up and was best friends with Duffy McCready. But they both went their own separate ways in life and have come face to face again with unresolved feelings between them.

I have loved this series since the first book! If you are looking for a slice of small town southern hospitality look no furth
Dorine
GIMME SOME SUGAR by Molly Harper is an entertaining addition to her SOUTHERN ECLECTIC series. Although I thought the first two books were more laugh-out-loud funny than this one, it’s still a great story with a sweet conclusion that I enjoyed very much.

I look forward to each book in this series, wondering what author Molly Harper will do next to make me laugh. This one started with a great first line that clued me in on how this sweet baker was going to get herself into a pickle. As you can well
Amy
Apr 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in Harper’s Southern Eclectic series and you could easily read it as a standalone as each book focuses on a new couple living in the kooky town of Lake Sackett, Georgia. I will say that this is one of my favorite series when I need a good laugh, I absolutely adore the authors brand of humor and find myself cackling with laughter several times while I read one of these books, so if you have the time and inclination to start at the first book, I highly recommended them for p ...more
Saly
Apr 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was the best book in the series for me because it was just so cute and sweet. I loved the heroine she was a great mother and for once in romance-land we had a heroine who took no-nonsense from her dead husband's mother or family and made no apologies for wanting a secure life for her and her son from the money left to her by her dead husband. I also liked how the lines of communication were open between her and the hero and they all acted so mature. ...more
Tori
Jan 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
4 stars. Another delicious story from Harper's delightfully quirky Lake Sackett. Fans will fall head over heels for this second chance friends to lovers romance between young widow and her son and the man who always held her heart. Plenty of small town comedy only adds to it's appeal. ...more
Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)
Recently widowed Lucy Brewer has returned to her hometown of Lake Sackett, Georgia, with her young son. Hoping to open her own bakery/sweet shop, she’s frustrated that her mother-in-law’s influence is keeping away workers and the health inspector. But she finds solace with her childhood best friend, Duffy, and the entire McCready clan.

First off, Lucy is just awesome. I loved her soul and attitude. She has a lot to deal with moving back home; while she doesn’t have any family, her deceased husba
Tammie
Lucy Brewer would never have guessed that her best friend, Duffy McCready (of McCready’s Bait Shop & Funeral Home) has been in love with her since they were kids. Fear of rejection and his own romantic complications prevented Duffy from confessing his true feelings in high school, so he stood by and watched her wed Wayne Bowman right after high school. Wayne had always been a cheapskate, so it comes as no surprise when he suffers a fatal accident while fixing his own truck.

Even as her family and
Dianne
Mar 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019, galleys-arcs
I have been away from reading Molly Harper for a while now---I was offered this ARC to read and I am so happy I accepted it! It made me realize that I was missing out on some good Southern reading!
You know, the kind that has a lot of "bless her little hearts" in it while the knife is sticking out of your back.

This book is about a widowed mother who is trying to do right by her young son and at the same time trying to build a new life for them...all the while falling back in love with her childh
Katie Reus
Apr 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audible-listen
LOVED this book. I've loved the entire series but this is one of my favorites. ...more
Misty
Apr 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
The latest in the Southern Eclectic series, possibly the best of the bunch.
Not without flaws - a lot of the problems keeping them apart seemed borrowed and unnecessary - but this was a solid romance w small town quirk.
Kyra Leseberg (Roots & Reads)
Mar 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
I am not a romance reader at all but the Southern Eclectic series is so charming I can't help but return to the McCready Family Funeral Home and Bait Shop.

"Most people had nightmares about mortuaries. They didn't spend Christmas in one. But he was proud that the McCready Family Funeral Home and Bait Shop was a Lake Sackett institution. Or the McCready's belonged in an institution. It was a thin line." *

Book one, Sweet Tea and Sympathy, followed the story of Margot and her place within the hilari
SnoopyDoo's Book Reviews
Apr 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

*I received a free copy from the publisher and chose to leave a voluntary review. Thank you!*

I read the first two book in the series and really enjoyed them. Now we finally get Duffy, those following my reviews know that I have been waiting for Duffy’s story and I’m happy to report the wait was worth it.

That being said, it is no secret that I liked Duffy, after reading this book I liked him even more since we get to know him so much better.

I also really liked L

Anne - Books of My Heart
This review was originally posted on Books of My Heart

Review copy was received from NetGalley. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

A couple of years ago I moved east and south, which is all new territory for me. It's given me a better appreciation of the southern flavor of the Southern Eclectic series.   Gimme Some Sugar is my favorite in this contemporary series.  There is a feisty new female to love - Lucy, a child and we get to learn more about Duffy
Sana Zameer
4.5 Stars

Full of southern delights, this series is a must read for all romance readers. I hope it's not the last book and we get more stories. I want to attend Frankie and Eric's wedding. I need to know if Margot has a boy or girl. I even want the next generation stories of Aiden, Nate, Hazel, June and Sam.
Michele
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

Gimme Some Sugar was a sweet down home treat filled with hysterical locals, rednecky goodness, and tons of hi-jinx between our friends-to-lovers pair, Lucy and Duffy who will win your heart faster than you can say Chattahoochee.

Boy was it great to be back in Molly Harper’s raucous fictional town of Lake Sackett, Georgia. I just adore the cast of characters she’s created for this series and I truly can’t get enough of them. This has become one of my liter
Susan
Jul 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun, sweet, and sassy book. I'm delighted to see Duffy get his own story. He has been there throughout the other books, the quintessential southern guy. Polite, helpful, supportive of his family, but also caught in a vicious cycle with his ex-wife. That cycle begins to change when Lucy moves back to town. Duffy and Lucy had been best friends all through school. He developed romantic feelings for her but was too afraid of messing up their friendship to do anything about it. Instead, he watched as ...more
Stephanie
Apr 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GIMME SOME SUGAR: Bless Her In-laws’ Creepy Hearts

After a week of influenza, I am back. Now, of course my husband is also sick – but with a different bug. Hopefully I won’t get his bug as well as the flu.

I confess that as soon as a publisher sends me a Molly Harper novel, I pretty much drop everything to read it — few authors get to me as much as Harper with her feel-good, small town Southern charm style in either regular romance or in her paranormals.

It w
Jaime Fiction Fangirls
3.5 Stars

This is my first time reading Molly Harper, which also means this is the first book of this series that I’ve read.

This was a pretty typical small-town romance with quick-spreading gossip, awful in-laws and exes and everybody knowing everyone. Overall I enjoyed the vibe of the story.

I really appreciated that Lucy was by no means a pushover and she didn’t take shit from Lana or Evie. I also liked that there wasn’t a lot of back and forth between Lucy and Duffy in regards to their feeli
Darcy
This was a fun book to read. I liked watching Lucy find her footing when she moved back to Lake Sackett. The longer Lucy was there the more she found herself, the more that she realized what was important to herself. She was a great mom, gave her new business her all, despite her in-laws butting in. I have to say that her in-laws were the worst and had no ground to cause all the difficulties. It was a good thing Duffy was there to rekindle their friendship and more. Time and time again when Lucy ...more

• The Undead In My Bed (Dark Ones #10.5; Half-Moon Hollow #2.5; Midnight Liaisons #1.5)
  • Sugar Rush (Cupcake Club #1)
  • Babycakes (Cupcake Club, #3)
  • I Loved You First
  • That Touch of Magic (Nodaway Falls, #2)
  • Sweet Stuff (Cupcake Club, #2)
  • Honey Pie (Cupcake Club, #4)
  • Make Mine Magic
  • A Little Night Magic (Nodaway Falls, #1)
  • The Trouble With Witches (Shadowvale, #1)
  • Call Me Maybe (Love Lines, #1)
  • Miss Frost Chills The Cheater (Jayne Frost, #6)
  • Sea Glass Sunrise (Brides of Blueberry Cove, #1)
  • One of Those Flings
  • Protect the Prince (Crown of Shards, #2)
  • Fashionably Fabulous (Hot Damned, #11)
  • Under Currents
See top shelves…
Molly Harper is the author of more than 30 romance titles including the Half-Moon Hollow series and the Mystic Bayou series. She lives in Michigan with her family. For more information, go to www.mollyharper.com. ...more

Southern Eclectic (3 books)
  • Sweet Tea and Sympathy (Southern Eclectic, #1)
  • Ain't She a Peach (Southern Eclectic, #2)

News & Interviews

Secrets between siblings, grandparents with grievances, parents with problems. If you're looking for serious drama, check out these new...