Start by marking “The Trial of Lizzie Borden” as Want to Read:
The Trial of Lizzie Borden

The Trial of Lizzie Borden

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
The remarkable new account of an essential piece of American mythology—the trial of Lizzie Borden—based on twenty years of research and recently unearthed evidence.

The Trial of Lizzie Borden tells the true story of one of the most sensational murder trials in American history. When Andrew and Abby Borden were brutally hacked to death in Fall River, Massachusetts, in August
Expected publication: March 12th 2019 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about The Trial of Lizzie Borden, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Trial of Lizzie Borden

Cadie Sommer
Nov 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanks to the kind people at Simon and Schuster and Netgalley for an advanced copy of this book.

I am a true crime buff. I have always been fascinated by the Borden case. There is so much speculation around what happened on that fateful day. This book took court documents and newspaper articles and recreated the case in such a way that made me feel like I was one of the spectators crammed into that hot little courtroom.

Overall, I very much enjoyed this read.
Tracy
Oct 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I may or may not have a slight obsession with Lizzie Borden. Don't ask me why. I also have a slight obsession with North Korea.

I've read a fairly good bit about Lizzie already, including some fiction based on her life, and know a little about the theories and suspicions. This book focused on the trial itself and the media and community attention it received. There were parts where the telling is a bit dry, but Roberson researched well and added context to the great variety of opinions and perspe
R
Oct 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a fascinating book about the trial of Lizzie Borden. It was accompanied by many photos, of not only people, but places of prominence related to these events. This allowed the reader to have an overall and comprehensive understanding of the life and times of Lizzie Borden.

Cara Robertson also provided the reader with a well researched and very detailed account of the trial, as well as newspaper reporters’ perspective, especially on Lizzie Borden’s demeanor throughout the trial. For examp
Scarlett
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
I expected so much more from this, and I ended up being bored. I love courtroom drama and true-crime stories, so it's no wonder that I got overly excited over the infamous Lizzie Borden. Still, the only thing that kept me going was the fact that I knew that this was a true event. Author Cara Robertson is a lawyer, which, I guess, is the reason why this book is so dry and fact focused. Still, if you'd like to read an excellent whodunit novel, I would recommend this one: His Bloody Project: Docum ...more
Keirstin Smith (CloudOfThoughts)
The Trial of Lizzie Borden by author Cara Robertson is a perfect read for October. A great book to read if you are at all wondering about this tragic, creepy story of Lizzie Borden.
Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for an arc copy of The Trial of Lizzie Borden in exchange for an honest review.
The Kawaii Slartibartfast
Oct 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley and the publisher file in exchange for an honest review.

Cara Robertson dug really deep into the Borden trial. The details are exquisitely laid out from beginning to end. not only is this book a fascinating look at the trial itself but also the culture of the time.
Oct 28, 2018 rated it liked it
More like 3.5 stars. I'd like to thank Edelweiss and the publisher for an advance copy in exchange for an honest review. I am a huge fan of Lizzie Borden books and have always been fascinated by her and want to devour any book I find. With that being said, as much as I did enjoy this book, parts of it were a bit dry, overall it is still a good book and the cover alone is absolutely stunning.
Bonnye Reed
jennifer
Oct 18, 2018
Doris Vandruff
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lizzie Borden and the murder of her father and step- mother is one of the greatest mysteries of all time. Was she truly innocent of the crime she was acquitted of?.
In this book there is new evidence. It also goes into greater detail of the trial. What was said, and what was heard.
One thing about the trial is that the majority of the women were sure of Lizzie's innocence. It is hard by the detailed description of Lizzie's personality and appearance that she could be the cold blooded killer portr
Marianne
Deb Wolshuck
Oct 26, 2018
Heather Bennett
Oct 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cara Robertson spent twenty years researching the trial of Lizzie Borden and it shows in her writing. She brings us a fascinating view of the trial, letters, local accounts, and the views of the 1800's. I would recommend this.
Ren