Start by marking “GraceFull: Growing a Heart That Cares for Our Neighbors” as Want to Read:
GraceFull: Growing a Heart That Cares for Our Neighbors

GraceFull: Growing a Heart That Cares for Our Neighbors

Hope and Anna love seeing each other at church. When a Sunday grace offering is collected to help lift up Anna’s homeless family, Hope begins to ask questions and has a unique opportunity to learn what grace looks like, both for her and for Anna’s immigrant family. This touching story teaches children that God showers grace that is meant to be shared—allowing us all to be ...more
Published February 1st 2019 by B Kids

To ask other readers questions about GraceFull, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about GraceFull

Monica
Mar 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I live in a college community in the Midwest. We have a lot of cultures and background represented in our community--and we have a problem with homelessness. I like finding books that help address issues that I can talk to children about. GraceFull by Dorena Williamson is a great book to help children understand the tough subject of homelessness.

Hope and Anna are friends at church. Anna's family is facing some challenges right now as her father lost his job. GraceFull briefly shares their story
Karl Dumas
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sometimes I wonder about the thought processes of authors and publishers. I mean most adult books are probably not anything that a child would enjoy, or learn from, but the opposite isn’t always true. Some books, marketed for children, should be read by adults because of the important lessons they teach.
GraceFull: Growing a Heart That Cares for Our Neighbors by Ms Dorena Williamson (B&H Kids, 209) is definitely one of those books. Although it’s billed as appropriate for pre-school through 3
Jolene
Mar 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
My girls are always excited to receive a new book and GraceFull by Dorena Williamson was no exception. As is the case with most of their books, my daughters were first intrigued by the colorful illustrations, but they also enjoyed the story line. Having previously read ColorFull and ThoughtFull by the same author, they recognized Ahanu (from ThoughtFull) immediately and were delighted to see him again.

I recommend GraceFull: Growing a Heart that Cares for Our Neighbors by Dorena Williamson and i
Vera Godley
May 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
In keeping with the first two books in the series by Dorena Williamson, children are led beautifully through issues with which they might be confronted in today's world. I reviewed both previous books and found that they gently handled issues of racial differences and respecting and appreciating the differences in children or individuals who have different abilities - intellectually, socially, and physically. In this the third book, children see the world of homelessness and displaced or immigr ...more
Becca-Rae Weidel
Mar 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
I’ve reviewed the other books in this series so I was very excited to see another one release! Teaching kindness and empathy to kids is incredibly vital it it’s to become a part of their character.

I live in an area that’s not quite the middle of nowhere but certainly far from being considered a city. To be honest I have close to no exposure to the homeless. Anytime a family from a church I’ve attended became “homeless” they were able to stay with other family or friends from church until they go
Laura Murray
Mar 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children, christian
I was excited to receive this book for review. I love being able to read with my seven-year-old! The colors and illustrations were very pleasing to my child, and she was excited to sit down and read it.

The story line was great and my daughter followed along easily. She came away understanding that we are to be kind to our neighbors and to try and help whenever you can. She also understood that people shouldn’t judge others and that sometimes bad things just happen to people.

However, I am not sur
Deborah Flora
Mar 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This sweet book about new friends, caring hearts, and the grace of giving to help others, weaves a tale of friendship and compassion. The bright pictures provide a wonderful setting as the story teaches the abundance of gracing others as we ourselves have been showered by God's grace.

The end of the book includes a page with a Scripture reading reference and paragraphs about the concept of the Scripture as well as a THINK section with five questions about the story for further in depth examinatio
Isimbi Beachy