Start by marking “Empowered: How God Shaped 11 Women's Lives (And Can Shape Yours Too)” as Want to Read:
Empowered: How God Shaped 11 Women's Lives (And Can Shape Yours Too)

Empowered: How God Shaped 11 Women's Lives (And Can Shape Yours Too)

Empowered takes the popular idea of what it means to be a strong girl and flips it on its head, using the stories of eleven faithful women to show that real power comes from our loving Father through His Son. In the pages of this book, girls will encounter women they may never have heard of. They will learn some of the character traits that go along with the Christian walk ...more
Published April 1st 2019 by B&H Kids

To ask other readers questions about Empowered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Empowered

Brittnee
Apr 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith, kiddo-reads
A great read for young girls (and not so young)! :) I'll be passing this on to my niece.
Christina
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
The women's stories in this book are so amazing to me and also overwhelming. I so take my easy life for granted in comparison to the things they faced and were empowered to do for God. They challenged wrong thinking, hurting others, loving the unlovable, saving lives, sharing truth, asking why and never stopping when their hearts told them to obey and continue on. I appreciate learning more about real women and trusting in God's power to do what he has made for me to do. This book is intended fo ...more
Fay Jacobsohn
May 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is about how God shaped the lives of 11 women and is written for young girls to encourage them that God can shape their lives and use them too. It is a very interesting and well- written book and I would really encourage girls to read it. It covers the lives of Fanny Crosby, Bessie and Corrie Ten Boom, Annie Armstrong, and other women who influenced many people.

Each chapter has a theme such as gratitude, obedience, etc., and ends with a section applying that to your own life, some ques
Kate
Jun 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don't usually read much middle-grade writing, so this was a little different for me. However, I loved this book! It made me want to know more and more about the women that Catherine Parks highlighted. And I was delighted to see that she included their biographies or books at the end of each section. Parks also has questions you can talk about with your daughter/younger woman and Bible references to go with each section.

I will keep this one for my someday daughters or my nieces. The women she h
Alyson
Meredith
Christine Bember
Caitlin Hughes
Apr 02, 2019
Catherine Parks loves to help women build friendships around Scripture. She lives in Nashville with her husband, two children, and a cute mutt named Ollie.