Start by marking “Tell the Truth” as Want to Read:
Tell the Truth

Tell the Truth

TELL THE TRUTH
Or they’ll tell it for you…
Rachel’s childhood is a mess of fragmented memories, and her adult life is no less chaotic.

Her mother and daughter were her only concrete links to the past and now they are slipping through her fingers. Fuelled by the fear of losing them both, she delves into her mother’s past, fast becoming entangled in her own tragic history.

With
Published December 13th 2018 by HQ Digital

To ask other readers questions about Tell the Truth, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tell the Truth

Carrie
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Tell the Truth by Amanda Brittany is a thriller that deals in digging deep into the past to uncover secrets buried long ago. This means the format is one in which you have a current timeline and flashes back into the past to follow along together until they finally intertwine.

The story centers around Rachel who is a psychotherapist who has her own issues in her life going on. Her husband has left her for another woman leaving her to raise her daughter now as a single mother and Rachel’s own moth
Dita
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Holy cow, what a page turner!

Rachel is a psychotherapist with fractured memories who begins receiving ominous Facebook requests, phone calls and messages that are all connected to her childhood. Her mother, the most likely bridge to answers, suffers from dementia and Alzheimer's and even the minimal help she provides is unreliable.

Told from the perspective of Rachel and her stalker, this book crackles with tension. I couldn't put it down. I had to find out who was so determined to ruin Rachel's
Mandy White
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: net-galley
Tell The Truth... wow...so many characters who need to do just that. This book has me hooked and the ending knocked me for six!! This was the first book by Amanda Brittany that I have read and her first book is now sitting on my kindle waiting for me to get stuck into. Shady characters, alternate timelines and a story that keeps twisting.. this book is 5 stars all the way for me.

Rachel is feeling lost. Her mother is in a home and dying and her marriage had ended. And now sh is starting to get ee
Mark
Dec 11, 2018 rated it liked it

Hey, sometimes when you review its easy to write one as the book is either ‘fantastic’ or well, the other way....then you get the books that are adequate,a goodish read and have elements that you loved and they I find the most difficult!
‘Tell The Truth’ is one of those, it has the firm basis for a psychological thriller and well let me tell you a bit about the story...
Rachel’s life is chaotic, her Mum has dementia and her partner has just left her....she starts to receive strange friend requests
Darren
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I got this as a arc e book from net galley. I enjoyed reading it. It had a good story to it. It is my first book by this author. I liked the variety of characters in it. I hope to read more books by this author.
Aleana Harris
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

It was engaging thrilling ride.

It took me minute to get into but as I kept reading it got really good.

Rachel is a psychotherapist with fractured memories. When she starts to receive strange messages and phone calls she realize it's connected to her past.

With her mother having dementia she decided to investigate their past as she get closers to the truth she realize her entire life might be a lie.

It has some great twist and turns even th
Julie
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: giveaways
Wow what a fantastic book! So many twists and turns, I thought I had worked it out a few times only to have the wind knocked out of me as the story unfolded. Storytelling at its absolute best. I read this very quickly, I just couldn’t put it down. The story over three different voices and timelines and it all comes together in a riveting finale which left me breathless. I can’t wait to read more from Amanda Brittany. #NetGalley
Gemma
Dec 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved this. One of those books that once you start you have to finish. It's about a woman called Rachel who starts getting odd messages and phone calls. She goes back to the place she grew up to try and unravel the mystery. Someone is trying to tell her something about her past.

Would highly recommend this book and I'll be looking out for more from this author.
Kat
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book in just over a day as I just couldn’t put it down it’s so good !!
The story is written with two timelines, past and present and mostly between Rachel and Laura making it a compulsive page turner in wanting to find out what and who is at the heart of this totally addictive psychological mystery thriller. The ending is superb and for me it was unexpected making this a very well written novel full of twists and surprises and very well recommended as it’s a brilliant read.
My thanks t
Amanda
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read the synopsis for this book and I just knew that I had to read it as soon as possible. It sounded like just the sort of read I would enjoy. I eagerly started to read and I have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading it but more about that in a bit.
I can’t say that I warmed to Rachel much during the story. That said I did feel for her when she becomes seriously freaked out by some strange happenings. Rachel is a psychotherapist who works from home. She is a single mother, who dotes on her
Julia
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Tell The Truth by Amanda Brittany is a fabulous contemporary psychological thriller that will have your heart racing as you read towards its conclusion. Your suspicion level will rise as you try to predict the outcome before the ‘wow’ jaw-dropping moment.
Amanda Brittany is a new author to me but I am now a big fan and cannot wait for her next book. Her style is engaging, drawing me in from the start, as I began to question who was the killer?
The novel has two different time periods – the 1980’s
Paula Stammers
Dec 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-read
What an apt title ....... Tell The Truth !! So many lies and betrayals, who really knows the truth.

Rachel is a psychotherapist who struggles to remember much of her childhood. Her Mother is suffering from Dementia so cant give Rachel the answers she is craving. Then one day Rachel starts to receive friend requests from people she doesn’t know. They have no other friends and strange status updates. Who are they ? And what do they want with Rachel ?

For me this book started off quite slow and I was
Karen Whittard
A very slow burn for me that at multiple times I thought about putting down. But then a little twist or turn that I didn’t expect would happen and it would make me carry on reading until the end. A book that if you stick with it turns out to be rather cleaver.
Kat
Nov 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My thanks t
Samantha Coykendall
Jan 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book will keep you guessing until the end! I thought I had it figured out multiple times and each time I was pleasantly surprised. Looking forward to reading other books by this author.
Kerry https://likeherdingcatsblog.wordpress.com Robinson
Before I was asked to join the blog tour, I had already been approved for this book on NetGalley.  The eye-catching, sinister cover had already grabbed my attention.

The story moves through two arcs in two times.

In the past we meet Laura, a scorned and pregnant young lady left alone in an isolated farmhouse in Ireland.  Once the baby is born (Rachel), we see Laura struggle with her mental health and also with Rachel's unusual and concerning behaviours.  Her only 'friends' are a nearby family wit
Cheryl M-M
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
You’re going to have to stay on your toes with this book. Not only does the author take the reader in and out of multiple time-frames and decades during the story, there is also a few huge twists towards the end of the tale. Just when you think you have it all figured out Brittany rips the rug right out from under you.

Aside from being in the midst of a bitter break-up, having to deal with an obnoxious ex with no regard for her feelings, and the fact her mother can no longer remember her own daug
Andrea Pole
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Wow! Tell the Truth is the first of Amanda Brittany's novels that I've had the pleasure to read, but it will certainly not be the last. This one ticks all of the boxes for me as a fast paced and clever thriller with loads of twists that you will never see coming. Warning: Once you start turning pages, you won't be able to stop.

This novel had me in its grasp from the very first page. Our primary narrator is Rachel, a psychotherapist with a young daughter, whose partner has recently left her, and
B.R. Maycock
Dec 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was very impressed by Her Last Lie (review here) by the same author and so I went into this one ready to enjoy. I will admit I had a few slight niggles but I really enjoyed it overall and will definitely be looking out this author again.

Now. I mention the niggles because we were introduced to them early on- to start with we have the voice of a murderer vaguely telling us about people they had killed. I’m sorry to everyone this annoys, but in general I don’t need this pov. I’m so sorry but I ne
Rachel Bridgeman
Dec 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: december-2018
This was an absolutely brilliant, non stop thrill ride of a book! From the very first chapter there is a sense of menace that grows steadily for Rachel, child psychotherapist who is being taunted via social media and texts along with strange parcels and nursery rhymes . They all come from different names ,are totally untraceable but are linking back to her childhood home in Sligo.
Under pressure to earn for herself and her daughter now that her husband has left, and with an ailing mother sufferin
Claire Bridle
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My first time reading this authors work and I did enjoyed it I must say.
I loved the fast pace of her story in this novel, her characters very dark but completely intriguing.
An edge of the seat thriller you won't be able to put it down.
Amanda created such a tension between the characters that your feeling everyone is a suspect in the story.
Each of her characters all have something to hide....
We meet Rachel the main character who is struggling to cope with her life, the breakdown of her relations
Donna Hines
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, netgalley
Told in competing time frames this back and forth thriller will have you double checking your doors and night and over examining every text you receive from here on out.
Why?
Glad you asked as a stalker is on the prowl!
This psychological thriller keeps your mind racing will spell binding action and heart throbbing characters that will make you leap out of your own skin.
Rachel darling you have so much going on for yourself especially with your past history, your mother's ailing health, and did I me
Derek Wagner
Jan 14, 2019 rated it liked it
This was an interesting book and I have to say I was very surprised and shocked by the ending. I think the majority had to do with the writing and storytelling, but part of me was shocked because the whole book was slow up until the end. I felt like I was just going through the motions, and then it flipped into an intriguing, suspenseful novel. I wish the whole novel was written like the last few chapters and then I think I would have been more into it. Still worth a read because of the ending.

T
Christine Rennie
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
With thanks to Netgalley and the publishers for the book in exchange for an honest review.
It took a little time to get into the book, Tell the Truth by Amanda Brittany, but then it was a very clever psychological thriller with many unexpected twists and turns, especially at the end.
Some of the characters, such as the young Rachel as a child were not very likeable and then she just seemed to metamorphosise into another child. It wasn’t until near the end of the book you found out why.
Recommended
Lea
Nov 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thank you Amanda Brittany and Netgalley for ARC of this title.
Wow, I just finished this book and I'm still thinking "No, don't trust anyone"
I have to say I found the first few chapters hard to get into, then suddenly it all clicked and I couldn't put it down. I am a bit of a detective when I read but it was pure joy to sit back and let the whole story evolve.
Excuse me while I leave you now and read "Tell the Truth". I cannot miss a word that Amanda Brittany has written.
Marianne
Jan 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Pretty good, but weird too. There is a creepy vibe throughout the entire story, lots of suspense. This story has a lot going on, so many twists. I read a review that said around the 80% completion the book has a reveal that should have ended the story and I somewhat agree. What came after that was shocking but so over the top that I think it took away from the story rather than add to it.

Thanks to NetGalley, the author and HQ Digital for a copy in exchange for a review.
Annie
Nov 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rachel is receiving weird, seemingly threatening messages that seem to have something to do with her past. Her mother is sinking into dementia and has secrets that she wants to share with Rachel before it is too late. The book goes back and forth between the present and several points in the past. Overall I liked this, even though I saw some of the twists coming, but it was also a little strange how upset Rachel got over getting a friend request from a stranger. Some things she just seemed to bl ...more
Louise
Nov 24, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Nikki Smith
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Someone is trying to mess around with Rachel’s already messed up life and she needs to find out why. With her mum suffering early onset dementia and therefore not much help, Rachel delves into her past to find out who she is, was and who she will become.

Fantastic page turner, written from the three perspectives of Rachel, her mum and her tormentor. Even though we switch back and fore between the 80s and present day, the story flows expertly, with so many twists and turns that I didn’t see coming
Sophie Bristow Harris
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
“Tell The Truth” by Amanda Brittany is my first read by this author.
The book switches from past to present, clues are spun and woven through the book, it makes you think twice before trusting people you think you know like the back of your hand!
A fast paced, multi layered read that I greatly enjoyed.
« previous 1 3 next »
Amanda Brittany lives in Hertfordshire with her husband and two dogs. She loves spending time with family, travelling, walking, reading & sunny days.

Her second psychological thriller, TELL THE TRUTH is out now. Published by HQ Digital/HarperCollins.

Her debut HER LAST LIE reached the Kindle top 100 in the US and Australia and was a #1 Bestseller in the UK. All her eBook royalties for HER LAST