Start by marking “31-Day Food Revolution: Heal Your Body, Feel Great, and Transform Your World” as Want to Read:
31-Day Food Revolution: Heal Your Body, Feel Great, and Transform Your World

31-Day Food Revolution: Heal Your Body, Feel Great, and Transform Your World

31-DAY FOOD REVOLUTION is your guide to liberation from a toxic food world. Author Ocean Robbins reveals the secrets the industrialized food industry doesn't want you to know, how specific ingredients and methods could be making you sick-and what to do about it. And he shows you how-in just 31 days-you can use the amazing power of delicious food to heal your gut, lose exce ...more
Published February 5th 2019 by Grand Central Publishing

To ask other readers questions about 31-Day Food Revolution, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 31-Day Food Revolution

Mrs. Europaea
Jan 17, 2019 rated it liked it
As a practicing vegan, it's hard for me to recommend this book to others either seeking out a fad diet or to follow a vegan diet because of a lack of protein. The protein in the meal plan is severely lacking imo. While the author addressed the protein issue, it is still lower than recommended for most Americans, and the author does not show beginners how to incorporate things like protein powders to meals. I feel like since so many Americans are not well informed about nutritional needs of the b ...more
Joy Schwabach
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's the style of this book that makes it such an intimate, fun read. It's like talking to a friend who also has his vices -namely potato chips. Yet his strengths are so great that they inspire yours. And the recipes look great!

I've read at least seven books on plant-based eating and yet, I'm still learning new things, especially from this book.

For instance, we plant-based eaters are always asked: "Where do you get your protein?" Besides detailing the major sources, Ocean Robbins details a study
Donna
Feb 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, health
I liked the author's personal story in this, so for that, I'll round up because this wasn't quite 3 stars for me. I didn't find anything new here. I'm already vegan. The whole idea of eating this way and healing the body isn't new to me. The most inspiring part though was how the author is so passionate and dedicated to this way of life. When his dad opted out of running the Baskin Robbins empire it altered his dad's life. (and of course his.) Those changes in lifestyle are a banner this author ...more
Dyane Harwood
Jan 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved Ocean Robbin's book "31-Day Food Revolution"! If anyone could inspire someone to revamp her lifestyle for the better, Robbins can do it, His book is a true labor of love and shows his dedication and passion for sharing his wisdom about true, lasting health with others. Robbins has a vast amount of knowledge from growing up with his mother and father, the bestselling author John Robbins (the classic "Diet for a New America"), and he has a wonderful, positive, and motivating att ...more
Terrie Case
The 31-Day Food Revolution consists of four stages: Detoxify, Nourish, Gather and Transform.

In Detoxify, you learn to stop eating the foods that are bad for you such as processed foods with are high in sugar. Since my diet consists mainly of carbs, this section was important for me to see that the foods that I am currently eating are not providing my body with healthy nutrients, just satisfying my cravings.

In Nourish, you learn to replace the foods you have been eating with healthy choices of r
Robin Blankenship
Overall I do like the idea of this book. A change in eating and habits instead of dieting. Changing a mindset is always better than fad diets. I liked the recipes. But honestly, the book was rather dry for me and really dragged in parts. It was not a fast read at all.

I received an ARC from Grand Central Publishing through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This in no way affects my opinion or rating of this book.
Nancy
Feb 15, 2019 rated it liked it
The recipes at the end are the best part of the book. If you’re already a healthy eater, there’s not a lot of new news in the book. But if you’re just getting started on a healthy journey this book is an excellent resource.
Casey
Feb 15, 2019 added it
I skimmed half of this book. I didn't learn anything new.
D
Mar 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was great, I learned so much. I’d rate it a 4.5/5. It was an easy read, the author writes in a way that is easy to understand, and he gives insight on various important health/diet topics: how American diet is related to disease, the difference between organic vs conventional, roundup/glysophate and so much info about Monsanto, the sourcing/factory-farming of animals, keeping our planet sustainable, and he also gives a plan for diet/recipes.

This book confirmed what I’ve read elsewhere
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this nonfiction about eating healthier and what healthy foods do for our bodies and minds. In addition to information about food, the author gives a good perspective on food as a connection to others and also how our food choices affect the planet. I liked how it had all of those different aspects of food and not just the actual food part.

I eat healthy and have always enjoyed my veggies but this inspired me to eat even better, as well as eat more vegetarian meals. The author has been vegan
Karen
Mar 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I read a lot of books like this. The information is not new to me, but I find it re-energizing and renewing to always read more. Ocean Robbins presents a very kind and gentle strategy to leave behind the poor standard American diet, to change for one's health and the health of the planet. He offers strategies to dip your feet in to try initially, to push it a little more, and go the whole hog, for each of the subjects he covers in the book.
Ray
Mar 13, 2019 rated it liked it
Mostly interesting, written for folks new to the basics of good nutrition.
Mary Beth
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: non-fiction
Extremely good book. Well articulated and full of good information. I look forward to trying one or two of the recipes! Highly recommend this book!
Jennifer Russell