Start by marking “Bound to Her Blood Enemy” as Want to Read:
Bound to Her Blood Enemy

Bound to Her Blood Enemy

Norman heiress, Matilda Comyn is desperate to escape her grasping guardian and reclaim her inheritance. After a lifetime of being let down by men, she wants to rule her lands on her own terms. She can’t escape without help and battles her mistrust when compelled to join forces with a Welsh spy.

Huw Ap Goronwy has a rival claim to Matilda’s castle and has sworn a blood oath
Kindle Edition, First electronic publication
Published June 25th 2018 by The Wild Rose Press, Inc

To ask other readers questions about Bound to Her Blood Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bound to Her Blood Enemy

Start your review of Bound to Her Blood Enemy
Dash fan
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Enchanting in every sense.
Highly recommend

Bound to Her Blood Enemy is a beautifully written Historical read, with elements of danger, romance, adventure it had a little of everything you expect from a Historical novel.

I enjoyed all the history Tora packed in. Learning new things about eras is what makes historical fiction fascinating and intriguing to me. This book is no exception.

I loved watching Matilda and Huw's journey together as they grow in strength to succeed in claiming back land and
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
All her life Matilda Comwyn has been let down by men and wants nothing more than to reclaim her ancestral lands and live on her own terms. First, she must escape her gold digger of a guardian, who has plans of his own, which is to marry her himself to gain her ancestral castle. She knows that she must flee him but seeing as he doesn’t trust her due to an earlier escape attempt she joins forces with an unlikely ally.

Spy to the King; Huw Ap Goronwy has been sent to collect the little heiress and
Donna Maguire

I really enjoyed this story - it flowed very well and was a very easy read.

Being a massive fan of historical fiction and non-fiction I do know a little about this period in history and for me the book read accurately and well in keeping with that period. It was like I was stepping back in time, and that for me made it even more enjoyable!

The characters are great, well rounded and I loved their interaction. Matilda is a fascinating character and I loved
Tracy Emro
Jun 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: for-review
Matilda Comyn is a Norman heiress who wants nothing more than to be in charge of her own fate and not dependent on a man. The men in life have all let her down, starting with her father and currently with her guardian, Sir Reginald Fitzjohn. Matilda knows that he has been syphoning funds from her inheritance, Coed Bedwen on the Welsh border and had made no effort to find her a husband. His wife is gravely ill and she knows once she dies, Fitzjohn intends to marry her and steal her inheritance! ...more
Jéssica
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, reviews
Most of you that reads my blog and follows my Instagram account may know How much I love Historical Romances. After one amazing Historical Romance I got addicted. And this book just got me so excited.

In "Bound to Her Blood Enemy" we meet Matilda and Huw, and we get to join them through a journey to reclaim a land, Coed Bedwen. Both Matilda and Huw had plans, goals they wanted to accomplish. And from the very first few chapters to the very ending you get invested in the story and on the journey.

Ffion
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book had me at the words “Welsh” and “castle”.

As a Welsh person who grew up just inside the Welsh border, I am very well-versed in the centuries of conflict between the Welsh and the neighbouring English. I remember school trips to some of the old castles in the Welsh Marches, where teachers would tell stories of the Welsh princes and the Marcher Lords – and in Bound to Her Blood Enemy, Tora Williams brought the history to life for me.

The novel’s opening instantly drew me in, with an
Rachel (Rae)
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Anyone who reads my blog knows that I love historical fiction especially historical romance it really is a perfect escape that transports me to another time. In Bound to Her Blood Enemy we meet Huw and Matilda who join forces to try and reclaim land that was taken. I loved how they both had the same goal but with the addition of a very troubled past between their families that really makes things difficult. I enjoyed the interactions between the pair as they get to know each other but with a ...more
Ellie Henshaw
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A great read, set amongst the castles of Wales a few generations after the Norman conquest.

Loved the byplay between Matilda who is determined to regain her inheritance and Huw who unbeknown to her has a rival claim to her castle and has sworn a blood oath. When a plan is hatched to regain the castle, Matilda is determined to have her part in it.

As they work together a tentative romance begins that grows naturally.

The setting is evocative and I felt like I had stepped back in time. Matilda and
Michele Clack
Apr 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best historical romance I have read in a long time. Enemies to lovers is a tough trope to pull off but the author succeeds really well.
jana [ bookishwiccan ]
Erin Green
Sep 28, 2019
crypticusername
Aug 19, 2019

• One Week to Wed (The Sommersby Brides #1)
  • The Makings of a Lady
  • The Warrior's Bride Prize
As a child Tora permanently had her nose stuck in a book and dreamt of one day becoming an author. However, the business of everyday life soon got in the way and it wasn't until she was in her thirties that she rediscovered the joy of creative writing. For a long time, she wrote purely for pleasure, but in 2010 her old dream of becoming a published author resurfaced and she started writing novels. ...more