Start by marking “Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)” as Want to Read:
Killer Instinct (Instinct #2)

Killer Instinct

(Instinct #2)

Dr. Dylan Reinhart and Detective Elizabeth Needham--now known to audiences from the top-rated CBS series--reunite to stop the most sinister plot against New York City since 9/11.

The murder of an Ivy League professor pulls Dr. Dylan Reinhart out of his ivory tower and onto the streets of New York, where he reunites with his old partner, Detective Elizabeth Needham. As the w
Published September 9th 2019 by Little, Brown and Company

To ask other readers questions about Killer Instinct, please sign up.
Lisa Dawson It's the 2nd book in a new series featuring Dr. Dylan Reinhart and Detective Elizabeth Needham. There is a TV show that also called Instinct based on…moreIt's the 2nd book in a new series featuring Dr. Dylan Reinhart and Detective Elizabeth Needham. There is a TV show that also called Instinct based on the book. It's a great show but I heard it was cancelled :((less)

Donna Hines
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Co writers have taken James Patterson's writing to a new level and this one is no exception as it's chock full of action, suspense, mystery, and intrigue.
We begin with a sociopath on the loose around the heart of NYC at Times Square central Manhattan district.
Drone bombings are being used as weapons of mass destruction while Pritchard has converted the town home into Operation Desert Storm.
One thing is for certain, "There can be no mistakes. There can be no loose ends."
Sadira Yavari the woman w
Cindy
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not sure if it’s the co-writers influence, but I had almost given up on Patterson a few years back but the last few I have really enjoyed. Killer Instinct is no exception. I love the main characters and the story felt relevant with the terrorist plot angle. I did get a little confused in a couple of places toward the end but it didn’t ruin my enjoyment of the book.
Rima
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this book

I loved the first book and was anxious for this one. It was just as good. I hope there are more in this series. And yes, the characters will always be the actors from the TV show.
Barbara Zannini
Did not like this one. 50% done and still couldn’t get into it.
Cleo Baker-roberts
Dr. Dylan Reinhart is brought in as a consultant to help catch s serial killer, who leaves a playing card with each body ~ the card left is a clue pointing to the next victim. The press has dubbed the killer "The Dealer"!
Detective Needham & Dr. Reinhart attempt to get ahead of The Dealer by deciphering the clues indicated by the playing cards.
This is a page-turner. The chapters are short, the reading is easy. Read it in 2 sittings. Good one, for sure!
Neil McGee
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very enjoyable book which leaves me wanting more of the same.

I have read several James Patterson books and 2 or 3 are among my favorites, yet it seems to be a hit & miss process.

Again I am enthralled, which will lead me to read ten more mediocre books before I come across a gem such as this; I guess that allows me to enjoy the gems that much more.

Enjoyed the sophistication of conversation between lovers/killers in which the conversation in controlled, leaving the recipient to fill the conver
Maureen Lamb
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Killer Instinct is a continuation of serious terrorism adventures of Dylan Reinhart and Elizabeth Needham. I got hooked on the first book and then was devoted to the tv series spinoff. This is an exciting, believable story about terrorist attacks that could happen in our country. Throughout there is cooperation with the NYPD terrorism task force and the CIA in solving and preventing attacks.
I read the book in two days ... that’s how compelling it is!
Gloria Zak
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Truly enjoyed the characters, but felt I was dropped into the middle of a story. I did not have the pleasure of reading book 1 in this series and feel like it was critical to understanding the story line of this book. I enjoyed the book well enough to go back to the first book and read it, but don't really enjoy terrorist plot books. Hope the followup goes a different direction
Dannette
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book as I did the first one. There was plenty of action and it took me back to the tv show. I look forward to more of this series. I don’t want to give the plot away but poor NYC and terror attacks. I happened to be reading this on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. Suffice it to say Dylan was able to thwart a major tragedy at Grand Central Station.
Round Mountain Public Library
This is the next book in the Instinct series. Readers will probably recognize this book as part of the TV series Instinct. This book is a suspenseful page turner. Soon to be released, but available for holds at the Library.
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I finished this book in a day!! I could not put it down. It was fast paced and it had thrilling moments and funny laugh out loud moments. I cannot wait for the next one in this series! My all time favorite James Patterson series.
Katherine
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75
Christopher Geraghty
I enjoyed this book in the series even more than the first. I hope the authors continue the series especially since the TV show has been cancelled and I enjoy the characters and premise.
Lori
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
I dont didn't dislike it, it was just not up to par for me. Whoever asked the question are they the new Sherlock Holmes and Watson? I would say NO!
Roberta
This one was better than the first “Instinct”. I enjoyed it but then again I usually enjoy Patterson.
Tammy Adams
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Instinct (2 books)