Start by marking “Happy Hour (Charity Case, #3)” as Want to Read:
Happy Hour (Charity Case, #3)

Happy Hour

(Charity Case #3)

4.26  ·  Rating details ·  433 Ratings  ·  168 Reviews
The perfect man for me is the one I hate most. #gofigure

Dating is hard.
Dating in your thirties is even harder.
Dating in Chicago is harder still.

I haven't given up on finding my happily-ever-after, but in the age of swiping right and Netflix and chill, I'm wondering if everything is as temporary as my marriage turned out to be.

Truth is, there is one guy I can't get my mind
Published July 12th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Happy Hour, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Hour

A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
This is yet another fantastic story from Piper Rayne and it is the third and final book in the Charity Case Series. Well written and charismatic I really enjoyed the story and the connection between the two main characters in this book.

This is Hannah and Roarke's story. Hannah, having met Roarke in the courtroom in not the most pleasant of circumstances, where Roarke represented her now ex-husband in their divorce, she has taken an instant dislike for this man who gets right on her last nerve.
Natalie The Biblioholic
Jul 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, contemporary
Looking for your next great romance read? You really don’t need to look further than this.

Enemies-to-lovers ✔
Incredibly hot and hard to resist silver fox ✔
The push-and-pull between the characters that gives the story its tension ✔
An easy moving plot that grabs and holds your attention ✔

Hannah and Roarke are two people who shouldn’t mix, but their attraction to each other just won’t die. She’s virtually sworn off another committed relationship. After her ex-husband cheated on her, destroying her
Thuy (tweezyreads)
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The silver fox can ask me for unlimited amount of favors he wants!!!!!

Sighhhh, Hannah Crowley and Roarke Baldwin are quite something. The push and pull between them is SOOOOOO INTENSE. I have been waiting for their story since I read Reed and Victoria's story in Manic Monday. Their intensity gave me goosebumps and made me giddy like a school girl. I love how chatterboxes Chelsea and Victoria immediately goes silent and watches the interactions of Roarke and Hannah like its a soap opera. I love t
Shawna
Jul 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018
The silver fox has stolen my heart!

Mark your calendars....you're not going to want to miss this one!

Happy Hour is releasing on July 12th
Julia - The Romance Bibliophile
NO SPOILERS!

Happy Hour was a sexy, funny, and highly entertaining standalone romantic comedy in the Charity Case series, and I absolutely loved it! The storyline and characters were phenomenal, and I loved Piper Rayne's writing style and sense of humor. I've truly enjoyed every book I've read from this amazing author duo, but Happy Hour has definitely been my favorite so far!

The storyline was incredible. I honestly didn't know what to fully expect with Roarke and Hannah's story, but it was even
Phyl
Jul 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have enjoyed reading this series not sure I can say which lady is my fave as all three women are interesting and unique characters. I was intrigued by this story having the hots for your ex’s divorce lawyer, the a hole that gave your money away to an undeserving a hole. The sexual tension and the lust factor between Hannah and Mr Baldwin (I mean Roarke) is strong. It is totally acceptable for her to hate him he seems to thrive on her hate.
It’s a new concept to me I haven’t read about a divorc
JewelsyGoolsy
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.
Tasha and Megan Mahoney
I do enjoy a story with strong female characters and Happy Hour has a wonderful selection of different but equally strong and interesting women in the forefront of the story. Then of course there is the leading man, an alpha male and we all know how much I like one of those!

The couple that this book focuses on is a truly unusual match.

Hannah Crowley, born into money, but determined to make her own choices and not be someone's trophy wife (as her mother intended her to be.) Intelligent and resour
Flo Grugel
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this one! Definitely my favourite in the series so far.
Louise
A fun, light-hearted, fast paced and sexy read - 3.5 stars

I have been a fan of this pair since the beginning, Lennon will always be my #favouritebookbestie.
However by the time I read The Manny, despite the still very good writing, things started to feel a little repetitive and I took a break from them. I've eventually found my way back with this book, and whilst it wasn't quite "laugh out loud and get strange looks" funny, it totally caught my interest, drew me in and was one really good rom-c
Barbara
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great ending to the Charity Case Trio, but then with Piper Rayne I have learn to expect nothing less. This series has been one of my favorites. The authors gave us 3 strong female characters and built three wonderful storylines about their 2nd chances at happiness. While these ladies became great friends, they formed that friendship while working for a charity foundation that helps women and their 2nd chances at love were all certainly very different indeed.

Happy Hour turned out to be one of my
Dísir
The enemies-to-lovers trope is one that I really like and ‘Happy Hour’ is one of the few that I wanted to get into if only to read how a woman falls head over heels over her divorce attorney—one who helped her ex-husband screw her over (monetarily, at least).

Still, the sparks between Roarke Baldwin and Hannah Crowley have been hinted at for a while now and ‘Happy Hour’ is a story of a lost venue, a grudging turn to a nemesis and the subsequent build of a relationship that one has been hankering
Paula  Phillips
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
You know how there are series that you can't wait to read them so as soon as you get the books, they are the ones you read whereas others can take months or even years to read. Charity Case Series by Piper Rayne was one of that read as soon as I got the book series. I loved this series. From the romantic comedy side to the male leads. What made this book more awesome though was the friendship, relationship, and banter between the three main female characters of Victoria, Chelsea and their boss H ...more
Gab Mce
Jul 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Roarke Baldwin has been chasing after Hannah Crowley since the beginning of the Charity Case Series and it has definitely peaked my interest. Who is this mysterious bulldog of a divorce lawyer that took half of Hannahs’ possessions? Who is this man that constantly appears in places that he shouldn’t and comes over to “talk” to Hannah. Well, all the questions are answered in the third installment of this series. Hannah is dead set on never getting married again and not even dating after her horri ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Shelves: holly
I loved Happy Hour. It’s one of the sequels to Manic Monday and while I enjoyed that book I liked this one so much more. Hannah grew up with money and thanks to her darling dad who raised her to think like an independent individual, she’s not pompous and has started a foundation women called RISE. she also has the hots (even though she denies it with every diner of her being) for Roarke Baldwin aka the Silver Fox aka the attorney who represented her cheating ex-husband in her divorce. Roarke has ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Piper Rayne is back delivering the third book in the Charity Case series and this might be the best book they've written yet. Sexy. Smart. Fast paced. Swoony. Happy Hour had every little thing that I love, crave and admire in a romance and this book left me with such a wicked hangover, making me want to go back for seconds... y'all seriously, Roarke is everything you want in an unforgettable book boyfriend.

He is a well known and sought out divorce attorney known as the silver fox. More s
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Jul 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
description
After finishing Happy Hour I now feel like I don't have the right words to express how much I enjoyed this book or this series. But for starters I will say I have a major case of the warm and fuzzies towards Roarke. He was a truly fantastic character and probably my favorite person in the series. He was a really good guy, even if he's done things that aren't kindly looked at by others. The more we learned about him the more we could see and appreciate what a good guy he is. I'm so happy he and H
Kiki
Jul 16, 2018 marked it as avoid
I may get Alex to read this for me 🤔
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Great read!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I love how the authors kept leading us on about this man over the past couple of books. So when it came time for Hannah to get her own story, I was greatly anticipating it.

There’s definite fire between these two. Every time they saw each other sparks flew…. with contempt and even a touch of hate on Hannah’s side. Then Roarke turned to a bit of blackmail in order to get Hannah to converse with him and get to know him. The little smart on his part to work the contract.

Oh,
Susan (susayq ~)
This was my favorite of the series! I absolutely LOVED Roarke Baldwin! So cocky and confident with a hint of vulnerability and a heart of gold that he keeps to himself. I could easily see myself with him. I really liked Hannah, too. I totally get why she felt like she couldn't trust men and I totally applauded her when she realized she was wrong and what she did when Roarke called her on it. It broke my heart, but I was glad she was mature enough to admit she was wrong.

I love this writing duo an
Liv
4.5 Stars

Hilarious! I loved it!

The first quarter of the book was so funny and I absolutely loved it. It ventured off more into the romance part after that which I still liked a lot but I really loved the first part the most with the push and pull between the characters. I loved Hanna as well as Roarke. Both gave it to each other pretty good and didn't hold back on witty remarks. She was a strong female character who could definitely hold her own and who found a perfect counterpart in Roarke.
Christine~justlovemybooks.com blog~
5 Stars...

So I wasn't sure if I would love this book and I wanted to love this book. Reason being for my concern was the hero, Roarke. If you've read the previous books in this series then you know that the heroine, Hannah, loathes this man. And she has a legitimate reason for her hate. I hated him too. And that was where my worry stemmed from. I wasn't sure Roarke would redeem himself in Hannah's eyes. Or mine as well.

Without saying too much I will tell you that Hannah is a divorcee who lost a
Shannon
4.5*

Hannah and Roarke share quite a contentious relationship, stemming from the fact he represented her ex-husband in their divorce proceedings, which left her with some not so very nice feelings towards him. And who can blame a girl? But lord, Roarke was not going to be deterred when it came to his pursuit of her!

Happy Hour is a fun, sexy, enemies-to-lovers story about two very strong, determined, and independent people who think they know exactly what they want out of life, until they take th
Nicole Lynn Hoefs
This one was so good! I'm giving it 4.5 out of 5 stars. This review is for an ARC, and reflects my honest opinion.

I loved Hannah in the previous books, and getting inside her head was very eye-opening. I related to her more than the other two woman in certain aspects, and my eyes started watering at one point while reading the book. It hit me in the emotions that much. Now onto Roarke. I really loved him; he was amazing! He's going on my book boyfriend list for sure. I'm not sure which man of th
Heather
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

This third book in the Charity Case series and it was definitely worth the wait! We've all been wondering about the "Silver Fox" throughout the first two books and let me just say that Roarke was worth all the suspense!

Roarke Baldwin is one of the most sought after divorce attorneys in the city. He's tough, known to be ruthless and always does his best by his clients. The one thing he has going against him at the m
Wendy Livingstone
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in this phenomenal series. I always knew from previous novels that Hannah and Roarke’s story would be intense and amazing, and how true that is! Hannah has hated her ex’s divorce lawyer Roarke, for a year. Roarke knows what he wants and that is Hannah, and now he just has to convince her of that fact. I loved the humorous banter between Hannah, Chelsea and Victoria, and there are more than a few laughs out loud moments. No spoilers though; this is a definite must read, as ...more
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
This is the first book I've read by Piper Rayne. I really enjoy a good enemies to lovers book, and this doesn't disappoint. Roarke and Hannah are great together. I love the fact that secretly Roarke is a marshmallow. It makes him all the more appealing. Hannah is stubborn, but not unreasonably so. It was really fun seeing their relationship grow and evolve. This was a very satisfying read.

Reviewed by: Clare M.
Danielle from Short and Sassy
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this series Piper Rayne. Hannah Crowley and Roarke Baldwin have quite the past. He was her ex's divorce attorney. He has had a thing for her for a while. Now, he is taking a chance on her and trying to make her see, he is not that bad of a guy.

This was a funny rom-com. I must say, I don't think I could date the man who took me to the cleaners in a divorce, but it added to the story. It made it funny and quirky.

Avidez Literaria
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
“Funny thing, even I don't believe the lies I tell myself about the man beside me anymore.”

Concluding the Charity Case Series, finally we have Hannah and Roarke, also known as "silver fox." After the first two books serve to situate these two characters and create a whole tension around them, we now have in fact the development of the story of the two, and if the expectation was high, the final product does not disappoint.
To say that Hannah hates Roarke would be a euphemism. After defending her
Nightbird Novels
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Hannah Crowley is a woman who won't let the ruins of her marriage affect her any longer... well, not too much. It doesn't help when the lawyer her ex-husband used to get half of her assets keeps finding his way into her life. Despising him is natural, but when Roarke does Hannah a BIG favor, she is helplessly in debt to him, which requires her to now spend some time with him... and try to play nice for a little while...

Roarke Baldwin is a man who knows what he wants and how to get it. His infatu
Piper Rayne, or Piper and Rayne, whichever you prefer because we’re not one author, we’re two. Yep, you get two USA Today Bestselling authors for the price of one. Our goal is to bring you romance stories that have "Heartwarming Humor With a Side of Sizzle" (okay...you caught us, that's our tagline). A little about us... We both have kindle’s full of one-clickable books. We're both married to husb ...more

Charity Case (3 books)
  • Manic Monday (Charity Case, #1)
  • Afternoon Delight (Charity Case, #2)