Start by marking “Midnight with the Devil” as Want to Read:
Midnight with the Devil

Midnight with the Devil

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  269 Ratings  ·  124 Reviews
He’s sexy as sin and hotter than hell and—oh wait.

What would you do to save a loved one’s life? Make a pact with the Devil?

In Diana Kingston’s defense, it was the middle of the night in the deserted hospital chapel… surely it was just a dream. She hadn’t really sold herself to a brooding stranger to save her father’s life, right? Then she wakes and her father is fully r
Published July 13th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Midnight with the Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Midnight with the Devil

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
Because HELLO Satan is HOT! *lol*

description
BleuBelle
An Ok-read for me.

Many things reminded me of the tv-series "Lucifer". The Hero's name, his club, his penthouse, his drinking habit and his past love/sex-life. A bit unoriginal, lacking creativity and newness. It was a bit boring.

The story was all right I guess. The writing lacked a bit. It was all a bit rushed and superficial. There was no real connection/feeling to any of the characters or their relationship.

Lucien/Lucifer the Hero wasn't really that badass or sexy. He had his powers, and promi
Julia
Wow, what a treat this was! I had no idea this was a paranormal book going in and that the H would actually be the devil. But I read the whole thing in one sitting, I enjoyed it that much. It had a bit of beauty and the beast, Phantom of the Opera and even a bit of twilight all mixed in together. I thought this was going to be alot darker, but it turned into quite the romantic novel. Highly recommend for someone looking for a misunderstood possessive bad boy.

Safety:
100% Safe
-Very light BDSM; o
Tapasya
I loved this!

Diana is a good girl. But to save her father’s life she makes a deal with the devil, Lucien aka Lucifer. She will be his every friday night for 3 months. His intention was to make a bad girl out of this good girl. (view spoiler)
Lucien was a very intriguing and interesting character.

And I loved the way the book ended. Perfect.
Valentina "TinchyB"
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sooooo gooood!
Bookbytch5 janet Gray
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s the first book by Emma Castle, This story grab me from start to finish. its an incredible, amazing, beautifully heartbreaking. its all about Diana and Lucien (aka Lucifer Morningstar). OMG there are some of the steamy scenes that are HOT AS HELL. A must read, I was gifted a copy from Emma.

Robyn L Cogan
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Completely unexpected!! What a great book. A refreshing change from the same old story line. I didn’t know what to expect when I started to read it. Come on now, it’s the actual Devil?!!!! But this is so Well written, it completely made sense. It’s proof that love can conquer all and even the most evil have a good side.
Viva  Marie
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
THANK YOU NETGALLEY AND THE PUBLISHER FOR THE COPY OF THIS BOOK. ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.

I’m totally speechless right now! This took me by surprise in so many good ways. I mean holy cow! I’m not a romance type of person, so I typically stay away from the romance novels but this year is all about trying new types of genres for me to see if I would like them. Since October is right around the corner I gave this book a chance thinking it was going to be a dark twisted story.

It’s my fir
Anna
Sep 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know where to begin because this book was so good! I expected one thing - the Devil takes an innocent female soul in exchange for the life of a loved one and they fall in love - but it is much more than that. Emma Castle’s take on the devil is different than what I’ve read before and in a good way.

Lucien Star, aka the Devil, Satan, Lucifer, fell from grace many years ago due to his pride. Charged with guarding hell, he needs to find a pure soul to keep the gates of Hell closed. Dian
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
description
This story was one of those ones that had a steady build up for me. It started off interesting enough. Then as the story progressed it held my attention more and more. Characters that I thought were just ok grew on me and had me seeing them differently. I felt like the characters got more depth the more I learned about them which is one of the things that make a good story for me.

The synopsis already had me wanting to give it a chance. But Emma Castle executed the overall story fantastically. Sh
Bobbi
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author is new to me and I have to say I enjoyed her writing. This story is about making a deal with the devil and redemption. Lucien is not the typical devil you would expect and I really enjoyed that about him. I look forward to reading more from this author
Sue
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book was more than I thought it would be. It had more depth than expected. I really enjoyed this book.
Christina
Jul 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Wowza!!!! I have to admit, this was sooooooo much more than I thought it was going to be. But let me first start by saying that although this book references religious content, it's not done over the top, making it ALL about religion. I'm not even religious and enjoyed the references.

Diana's dad has cancer and is dying. Like, in a coma and not gonna make it through the night, dying. While praying, she's approached by none other than the man of death himself, Lucifer. So why does he approach her
Tyi
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Making a Deal with the Devil

I thought the storyline would be simple but it wasn't. I'm glad that it was so much more. There have been movies, tv shows, and books who did the whole deal with the devil but not like this... The devil, Lucien Star, had flaw like any human but he was an angel that just fallen from grace. Diana has such a pure soul and was able to see Lucien as more than just the devil. This book is pretty good for the author's debut.
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arcs
I can’t remember how I first learned about this book. I think I had bought a book on Amazon and this book showed up as a book suggestion that I might be interested in. The cover is the first thing that caught my attention. Then I read the synopsis and I was intrigued. Then I was sad because I saw that it hadn’t been released yet. After a series of events occurred, I was given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book. Midnight with the Devil is a book that spoke to my Supernatural/Co ...more
Maggie Whitworth
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
❤❤❤❤❤
💋💋💋
This book left me breathless it was everything I wanted from a book and more .
It’s the first book by this author and has been an experience I have thoroughly enjoyed.
What do you think of when I mention Devil ?
Pretty typecast , horns , pitchfork, fire .
Are you in for a treat !
The character of Lucien MorningStar is a perfect model of a seductive and entrancing Devil .
Diana’s bargain with him is a great idea , he can’t control the results and feelings ,they are something he’s not use to.
If
Aqsa
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it

GOD. this was so fucking good. IM CRYING. HOLY SHIT. i didnt expect to even like this but- omg. so fucking good for a debut novel.

i think my only grievance is the ending! i just wanted one tiny thing out of it (and thats just me tbh!) that i didnt get, but regardless it was good.

review soon! cant wait for her next book.
Petrenka
Jul 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ive enjoyed this book so much! I love good books with this theme and this one definitely did not dissapoint. Characters were very likable and I fell in love with Lucian, he wasnt what I expected. Oh he was a sexy, charming, sedutctive Devil but he had a different side to him as well when it came to Diana. Diana was a very brave, funny, strong yet a vurnerable heroine, I liked her a lot. Their chemistry and connection were off the charts. And the epilogues melted my heart!

Next I just need Andrass
Kinky Minx
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Thank you to the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review and it is definitely an honour to read this beautifully written story.

Midnight with the Devil, a paranormal romance about a dashing devil and a pure mortal girl who is desperate to save his father from cancer.
(view spoiler)
This_Ginger_Loves_Books (Naomi)
Diana's Father is dying.
The gates of hell are weakening.
Lucifer needs to find a pure soul to corrupt in order to fix them and avoid Demons and other demons from escaping the depths of hell to cause havoc on earth.
Diana has a pure soul, and Lucifer knows it. He also knows that her current situation makes her desperate. She is willing to do anything it takes to save her father's life, even if that means selling her soul to the devil himself.

I deliberately chose not to read too much of the descript
Monique
Sep 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a decent read, even though it felt like I was watching the tv show. I liked the premise of a desperate woman making a deal with the devil to save a loved one. Much of the devil's background, with its tale of fallen angels, along with the interspersion of Milton's 'Paradise Lost', added a lot to the story. But - as much as 'Midnight' was filled with interesting bits of information - it was a little too cute overall; I was expecting something deeper and darker, considering the subject mat ...more
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an unexpectedly wonderful story. I loved the lessons of the book and how the unredeemable can sometimes have some saving grace. If you are looking for a book that will give you all the feels and is not your typical storyline, grab this one, it is just what your looking for. ~Helen

I wasn't sure what to expect from this book, a romance with the Devil, but found it to be very entertaining and a wonderful book to read. I loved following Diana and Lucian's story to it's, what I found, very s
Lori D
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A different type of story that will hold you captive, not knowing what to expect. Diane Kingston was desperate to save her father's life. Somehow her wish came true after she made a pact with the Devil, or rather Lucien, aka Lucifer Morningstar. When she finds her father has been healed, she is then accountable for her bargain and determined to carry it out.
But hold on to your seat, this story will take you through the gamut of emotions from sadness, to desire and crying.
A wonderful debut novel
Hart's Reader Group
Emma Castle is the pen name of Lauren Smith...and my knowing that is the problem.

This book was almost identical in theme to Grigori, her dragon shifter book. Also, this is like a poor imitation of the show Lucifer--I mean, she even uses the name and night club angle. No originality. On top of that, this book needed another round of edits because "Emma" uses repetitive phrasing (bit her lip until she tasted blood), repetitive word usage, and grammar issues.

I DNFed this book at 20%.
Mile High KINK Book Club
Aug 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It’s Fifty Shades meets Supernatural meets Lucifer | To all my Supernatural & Lucifer super fans, do not sleep on Midnight with The Devil, the debut novel by Emma Castle. I freaking loved this devilishly sexy romance.
“The devil you know” \ “Sympathy for the Devil” – all these cliques play a glorious part in this romance. Yes, romance and its hot – like Dante’s Inferno – hot!!!!
Meet Lucian Star , aka The Devil, The Light Bringer and The Morning Star. He’s one of the four archangels and brothe
Jessica
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Diane's father is literally on his death bed when she meets Lucifer and makes a deal with him. She agrees to save her father's life in exchange for her soul and her body for 12 Fridays. Yes, he is exactly who you think he is... he is the King of Hell. What starts off as a deal becomes love and affection for these two.
(I'm scared to say too much in fear I will ruin something for you. Just know this book is amazing and not exactly how you would guess it will be. I also want you to know it isn't a
Enakshi - The E-Book Addict
Aug 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
This book was amazing and definately a page turned! I just could not stop once i started reading. The writing was really good , the plot was very good and engaging. Loved it❤

*Recieved an ARC for honest review
Elysian Fields
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I read this book almost a week ago and it is still with me, still inside my head. It is AMAZING! Unique, steamy and full of passion and soul. This is the first book I have read from this author but it will not be my last!

When you start thus book, you might believe you gave an idea of what you will be reading, but I caution you to let go of those ideas. There is no way you can know or be prepared for this story.

The story us hot, steamy and full of passion, but at its heart; thus story is about
Jacinta
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Emma is a new author to me. I really enjoyed her writing.
This is not your typical angel, devil book. It was really well done.
Lucien is not your typical devil, he us multi layered and I loved seeing more of those layers as the book went on.
I absolutely loved this book and the ending was not what I thought was going to happen.
I will definitely be reading more of Emma Castle.
I recieved an ARC of this book. Above is my honest review.
Brit
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was absolutely breathtaking. Review to come. Just trying to wrap my head around this beauty of a book. That i so desperately needed
Emma Castle has always loved reading but didn’t know she loved romance until she was enduring the trials of law school. She discovered the dark and sexy world of romance novels and since then has never looked back! She loves writing about sexy, alpha male heroes who know just how to seduce women even if they are a bit naughty about it. When Emma’s not writing, she may be obsessing over her favorit ...more