Start by marking “Through His Eyes” as Want to Read:
Through His Eyes

Through His Eyes

A dark, unsettling thriller about a young female journalist drawn into the life of a troubled Hollywood A-lister.

The perfect read for fans of Sabine Durrant, Erin Kelly and Louise Doughty. 'Convincing and creepy' DAILY MAIL.

You have to know when to say no. That's one of the first things they tell you. But from the day I arrived in Los Angeles, I've said yes.

Jessica

Published August 9th 2018 by Head of Zeus

To ask other readers questions about Through His Eyes, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Through His Eyes

Start your review of Through His Eyes
Roman Clodia
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Hollywood morality tale won't win prizes for originality but it's an enticing and topical view of the grubby underside of power plays and monstrous egos. Dibdin either knows what she's writing about or else has done her research as the setting and details feel authentic. It's a shame that Clark Conrad is little more than caricature and that the 'thriller' elements of the plot feel added on without much substance - still, a gossipy look at the world of movies, TV and online news. I'd read ...more
Aug 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was ok. It was quite slow and boring. There were some good bits in it but it just didnt hold my interest. I wasnt interested in any of the characters and the story just seemed to drag on. I thought it would be more of a thriller book but it was just a love story based in the movie industry. This wasnt my type of book at all. ...more
Liz Barnsley
Aug 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Through His Eyes is a highly topical and insightful psychological drama, with some intriguingly realistic characters and a storyline ripped straight from the headlines.
Jess is trying to build a career for herself as an entertainment journalist in a digital world. Handed the opportunity of a lifetime, she gets drawn into the dark heart of Hollywood when a teenage crush becomes an adult reality.
This is a clever tale, a genuinely compelling portrait of what lies beneath a  place of glitz and
Fictionophile
Jessica Harris, a transplanted Brit, finds herself given an opportunity that just might make or break her career as an entertainment journalist.  She splits her working time between employers, NEST, an online home decor brand, and an entertainment website. When she is offered the chance to interview her own teenage idol - now a Hollywood A-lister, she cannot believe he luck. As she comes to know Clark Conrad, she comes to realize that her superficial knowledge of him came no where close to the ...more
Stefan Fergus
Sep 26, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5*, maybe. Good for the most part - lots of interesting content about Hollywood and the reporting of it. But also rather predictable, and the ending kind of fizzled out. The main character was rather naive, blinded by her affection for the star. Good, Solis writing, but I think this could have been better, more substantial. Very timely, though, so that should attract a fair few readers.
Amy Smolcic
An enthralling story that details the dark side of Hollywood. The plot will keep you on your toes and you will want to flip through the pages to find out what happens next. However, the book's biggest flaw is that the characters aren't likeable or particularly complex. Even with shallow characters, it's still an intriguing and absorbing read.
lexlooksatbooks
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
I requested this on NetGalley as it was marketed as a dark, unsettling thriller which sounded right up my street and the blurb sounded interesting. I have to say though, that I wouldnt call this a thriller, in fact Im not really sure what genre I would put this book in! I feel like it does read slightly more like a contemporary with a few dark bits in places but its definitely not a thriller so if youre looking at getting this book because of this, then you may end up being disappointed.
This
Natasha Ellis
Jul 05, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was not a romance and not a thriller. Its a story about the seedy side of Hollywood and journalism. Not my usual thing but I really enjoyed it and found it very readable. ...more
Jeannette
Aug 26, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Book blurb...
The perfect summer read for fans of Sabine Durrant, Erin Kelly and Louise Doughty.
You have to know when to say no. That's one of the first things they tell you. But from the first day I arrived in Los Angeles, I said yes.
Jessica Harris is a struggling Hollywood reporter hungry for her big break. When her editor asks her to profile movie star Clark Conrad, Jessica is sure
Georgina Martin
I feel like Im maybe being a bit too harsh with my rating but when taking into account each nick I have about the book, 2* is probably the most accurate.

For almost all of the book, it felt like I was reading a Brad Pitt/Johnny Depp fanfic, as well as mentioning celebrities with different names to those theyre clearly based on in real life. I personally didnt like that.

I also think that the book had strange pacing - nothing exciting really happens until at least more than halfway through the
Vicki Deakin
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: interest
Stacey Clark
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It started well, but just felt like a really rushed ending.
Zoe
Aug 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A hard-hitting, gut-wrenching of a read. This mesmerising book is a fab read for the summer. Get enthralled as Jessica in the world of Hollywood. You just may forget to come up for air.
Kathy
Jul 23, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought this book was going to end with the girl getting the guy, but it turned in a very different direction. Great read! Thanks to Head of Zeus and NetGalley for advanced copy.
Christina
It was an easy quick read which was convenient for vacation but not terribly exciting at all
Aleasha
Dec 10, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This novel was truly a mission to complete. I found this completely uninteresting and hard to connect with. Not for me.

Thank you to the publisher for providing an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Tracey Car

• Keep You Close
  • Through the Wall
  • The Warning
  • The Housewife
  • Death of the Demon (Hanne Wilhelmsen, #3)
  • The July Girls
  • Social Misconduct
  • The Strangers We Know
  • The Guilty Mother
  • I Heart London (I Heart, #5)
  • The Rumour