Start by marking “SHATTERPROOF: Remastered Edition: The DISSONANT Universe: Countdown -3” as Want to Read:
SHATTERPROOF: Remastered Edition: The DISSONANT Universe: Countdown -3

SHATTERPROOF: Remastered Edition: The DISSONANT Universe: Countdown -3

(Dissonant #1)

Back and better than ever, from bestselling queer romance author Cole McCade writing as Xen: the new 2018 edition of SHATTERPROOF, with 30% more content, new scenes, new fae mythos, vampires, and more.

There are worse ways to die than by falling in love.

Grey Jean-Marcelin has given up on life. Not even his fame as renowned artist "The Grey" can ease the mental health issu
Published June 8th 2018 by Independently published (first published September 2016)

To ask other readers questions about SHATTERPROOF, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SHATTERPROOF

Truuss
Jun 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: m-m, 5plus2018-read, 2018
5+++ Impossible to review and do right to this story. I will babble in my own way as usual when I don’t have a clue how to express myself... I’m not an author who has all the words... I’m just...me...

I prefer reads when there are triggers and warnings before the start. I just want to reach my limits and go beyond them.. I want to feel, fly and dive.. apologize on forehand for using others.

Grey Jean-Marcelin vs Saint aka Xav Cascia

The first time we meet Grey is in an ambulance with an EMT besides
~Volha~
I don't normally like romance books five shades darker but this author is making a believer out of me. This book is so deep, so full of raw emotions and thoughts that sometimes are better left unsaid. But it is all brought out to light here unapologetically and it draws you in.

This is a story of two men: one who is afraid of life and the other who is afraid of death and how their roads cross. One who is unseen and the other who sees it all. They are so different and have nothing in common but w
Mimi
Jun 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 amazing stars

It has been a very long time since I read a book like this. And it is the first time I've read this author. First and foremost I would like to say ***THIS BOOK HAS TRIGGERS*** so proceed with caution.

First off I love his writing style. The words and the phrases he uses to convey his message are eloquent and heavily expressive. I am so glad that I was able to read the remastered edition. Can not wait for Dissonant Countdown 2.
Michele Evans
Oct 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simply amazing!!

Loved this story of artist Grey, who felt life was not worth living, and Fae, Saint, who offered to take Grey’s life to extend his own another twenty years, who might just be the one person that makes Grey want to live, and in turn, the only person that makes Saint want to end his endless existence. This book was just awesome and emotional and impossible to put down! And free on KU, so thank you very much for that! A million stars!!
Helena Stone
I’m having a really hard time putting my feelings about this book into words. I loved this book so very hard, but I’m not sure my vocabulary is big enough to explain why.

Basically this is the story about two men, both fighting demons. Grey can’t see a way forward anymore and desperately wants to die. Saint on the other hand, can’t imagine ever dying even if what he has to do to stay alive is starting to repel him.

Two men who, on the surface at least, can provide the perfect solution for the othe
Karen
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Edited for a 2018 re-read.

When I read a Xen/Cole book I do actually feel that my brain grows exponentially. He fills me with new words, new facts, new emotions that I never experienced before and he leaves me author words at the end that make me sigh/cry/love Cole just a little bit more.

I don't really favour paranormal but my experience of this writer meant I was willing to give it a try.

What happens when a depressive artist who wants to end their life meets a lonely soul who needs to take a li
**Kaycee**
**4.25 stars**

Despite having a hard time getting into this story, once I was past about 10%, I was hooked.

This was a very, very interesting take on depression in the paranormal genre. It was something I hadn't quite read before.

Although depression and suicidality play a major part in this story, I didn't find it altogether dark. And as the author mentioned following the story, he purposefully didn't delve too deep into the abyss of depression. Had he done so, I believe Grey's mental illness wo
Terri Jones
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved the first version of this story.

This one is SO MUCH BETTER. Magnificent!

This version is what the author originally intended. Beyond the intensely personal emotional and ethical struggles of Gray and Saint, (the struggle through two different darknesses, human and sidhe,
and the love that could heal them, if only they can find the way through), lies a bigger story. Much bigger. I read the last words both satisfied and intrigued, eager for what comes next.
Sarabeth
Nov 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow

Beautiful, lyrical, more than a little hard to read. As someone with a history of suicidal ideation, this was a tough read. But totally worth it. I will never get tired of this author.
Kathrin
Dec 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Real, raw and beautiful!

Only three words to describe an amazing story, but I don't think I have the ability to write something that does justice to these beautiful words.
Ariana Nash
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this so HARD it hurt.
Read it!
Jul 08, 2019
C.
Jun 21, 2018
Peggy Haynes
rated it did not like it
May 12, 2019